How much should your portfolio be worth right now to make it this year? 'Make it', what does it mean in the first place...

How much should your portfolio be worth right now to make it this year? 'Make it', what does it mean in the first place? 500K? 100K would make some worries go away I suppose. Thoughts?

Attached: 1494291714953.jpg (500x384, 79K)

Post your blockfolio, depends on what coins you have

Attached: its-so-beautiful.jpg (1920x1080, 76K)

If you’re living in a rich country 500k is not enough to “make it”. I have 660k in stocks/crypto and I’d need like 4 million to feel like I’ve made it. If you can live a very comfortable life with a 3.5-5% withdrawal rate then you’re rich imo.

"Making it" means enough money to at least semi-retire RIGHT NOW and forever. For most 20-30 y/o living in the west, that means about $3MM USD.

Scenario 1: Bullrun, following the +1 order of magnitude pattern that each subsequent bullrun has historically exhibited. This means a 10x calculated using the previous ATH, i.e., BTC @ $200,000 circa early 2019. So $3MM/$200k = 15btc or ~$120k in portfolio value at today's rates. Discount it by $20k and say $100k in portfolio value at today's rates on the assumption you're trading in alts that outperform BTC, add $50k if you want to be more conservative.

All other scenarios: You ain't "making it" within the next 365 days with less than $250,000 RIGHT FUCKING NOW. However, you can still post solid gains that'll make your life a lot less stressful. You can probably make it by 2020-2022.

Attached: portfolio.png (213x411, 10K)

Agreed. Also, putting you’re entire net worth in crypto is terrible risk management. You could also make it to 3MM with a 250k net worth by playing roulette.

So you're saying with a 30K portfolio I might make some sick gains this year? Half of it is BTC and ETH.

'making it' for me is $170K

i need a ~x10 on my portfolio which i think is doable. what do you think anons?

Attached: screen1.png (1080x1920, 157K)

Sure, you MIGHT. But you also might not. Crypto is extremely risky; there's no guarantee that the next bullrun will follow the +1 order of magnitude pattern or even that there will be another bullrun. This time next year your portfolio will likely be worth (or will have been worth at its then-ATH) somewhere between $5k and $600,000. Huge range, I know.

I don't think many people here expect to "make it" unironically. Sure it's a pipe-dream but for me anyway I'd take £50k. Not much in the long run at all, but to take a lump sum like that and drop it in your bank account adds a lot of financial security. I could enjoy life more, travel more and stress less about finance. That's all I really want.

3 Million € to SEMI-RETIRE
Bullshit

Semi-retire -> have a 15-20h job for the lulz as side income

you can live with 20k€/per year nice in western europe if you aren't a degenerate shitcunt who spends hos money on useless stuff.

with 3 millione you can fucking retire, buy land, build a house and raise a family ffs.

There are places you can do this, yes. There are also places where you need a lot more than $3MM. I live in a very expensive part of the world, unfortunately, as a function of it being my hometown and the place where everyone I know is located. So for me even $3MM isn't enough.

Also note that I wrote USD and not Euro.

Oh, west in general, not western europe.
Did missread, sorry.

In that case I'm willing to say that I would move to a cheaper region instead of supporting such high priced places which are 90% of the time shit.

It entirely depends on the person for sure. Are you a frugal guy who's main expense is a gaming rig and going on vacation a few times a year or do you intend to live in a mansion and have a gardener.

3 million is gonna sustain your family for the many years to come? Say you buy a £600k house, and a couple £50k cars for you and your wife. now have £2.3 million left.
The average 4 person family has a cost of living of around £25k in Manchester UK. Considering you dont want to live like an average person, because noone does, lets bump that up to £50k a year living expenses for holidays, nice clothes and "things".
Lets say you're 30. After about 45 years of this the remaining 2.3 mil you have is gone.

So yeah you're right it is enough to retire, but you wont have much money left by the end of it, and it doesn't afford you the opportunity to live the "dream" life without worries of that runway running out.

The thing is, I'm not a degenerate moron that throws money out of the windows as soon as he gets his paycheck -> the person you just described.

3 million will support my family.
And my children won't get spoiled, easy life but not some fucking money throwing snobs.

you don't spend the principle you fucking mongoloid, you invest it and draw a percentage annually, stupid shit eating cunts like you deserve to be poor

What was degenerate about the life I described? Bought a nice house outright with money and no mortgage, bought a couple nice cars, then lived comfortably going on holidays, travelling the world and providing a high quality of life for your family.
If you have to worry about living in a reserved fashion out of concern you might blow your runway, then chances are you haven't made it.
Personally for me, having made it is never having to worry about money, and living the life I want to live.
Each to their own, though.

Most people would spend according to their earnings. Not spend their remaining money which sounds tremendously retarded. Earning in this case would be the amount you earn based on interest. Don't spend more than you earn. Try to keep it balanced. If you end up at zero with such an amount of money then you never deserved it.

Attached: 1519322459572.jpg (875x1000, 644K)

You use "worth" as if one could cash out exactly what he sees on his balance.

That's astounding bullshit.

As soon as a mini-whale cashes out a very few BTCs, the price dramatically drops.

TLDR: it just dropped below 8k again, WHAT THE FUCKIN FUCK.

Attached: pinkwojaking harder.jpg (317x307, 14K)

> a couple £50k cars for you and your wife.
> lets bump that up to £50k a year living expenses for holidays, nice clothes and "things"
> Manchester UK

Hey, don't blame me for your poor life choices.
I could make it with 3 million but not with that ... lifestyle

>Missing the point
I'm telling you if you have to live a reserved life with X amount due to the fact that X amount doesn't afford you the life you want then you haveen't "made it".
But everyone has a different life they want, and different goals, so we're literally arguing over something subjective.

>Implying I'm poor
Also in the process of getting my Masters in Computer Science, pretty sure once that's wrapped up I'm gonna have a pretty comfy life.

Well, then making it simply means making more money than you can spend. For that you really need 10 millions or more if you want everything and never look at the price tag.

Yeah, that's my definition of making it I guess. Interesting though, what'd yours be? Being able to live comfortably off interest you get from the X mil?

>no LINK
not making it

Honestly I do not know. It always depends on where you are in life as well. I don't think I'm the kind of person who would start collecting Porsches. But ask my again if I suddenly have 10 million in my pockets. Right now I live as a frugal student. I look at prices but I don't restrict myself. I spent 3K on a gaming rig last year but that's it. With 3 million and let's say 3-4% interest a year (S&P; 500 stock index for the 10 years ending Dec. 31, 2012 was 7.10 percent, so it might be a lot more, but let's be extremely conservative) I would make more than 100K a year. I think I would do alright like that. If I don't increase my living standard too much then compound interest will create an insane amount of money.

as much as you can afford to lose

deprive yourself of new clothes, new cars, or anything else that isn't needed

check the price per ounce tag closely and make money at every opportunity

trade when confident, read and improve yourself when trading doesn't feel right

3k invested, traded up just 3% 2-3 times per week, could be a multi-millionaire when this market returns to ATH

that may not be making it wouldn't be too hard from there

IMO there will be another bullrun--institutions accumulating alts. So far, only small hedge funds etc have bought alt coins, and the exchanges are the gatekeepers to the market AND the biggest holders of the alt coins. This has lead to a double stalemate, with exchanges not willing to sell their entire stacks to wall street, and wall street too proud to give exchanges too much leverage in this thing

Don’t forget inflation and increasing standards of living. That’s why people usually say 3-5%.

You only need 10,000 chainlink to make it when chainlink moons to $100, which it will. Can’t believe people ITT don’t realise this

Will i make it?

Attached: IMG_2599.jpg (750x1251, 118K)

Agreed. For those with less than $250k, you need to pull out when the total market cap goes parabolic. I’m thinking we land in the $3 to $5 Trillion range or when BTC starts breaking $80-100k.

Yes user.