Is cultural appropriation an issue in your country?

Is cultural appropriation an issue in your country?

Attached: 5af06ee0aa53b.image.jpg (992x744, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY&index=12&list=FLZlvgANa5ICVBUvzJSI9c_w&t=0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes, millions of ch*nese refuse to appropriate our culture and instead import theirs

I'd culturally appropriate a Japanese girl's womb ;^)

Yes.

Attached: 1521176930830.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Attached: awww hell naaaw.jpg (770x1118, 68K)

It's okay if the PM does it.

Attached: Justin-Singh-Trudeau-9.jpg (942x1200, 359K)

Cultural what?

Attached: samuraj02.jpg (640x427, 46K)

It's that thing that white people do that is wrong, but fine for everyone else.

Word.

What's that

everyone adopts caribbean and west african culture here.

It's nuking your asses.

TWICE!

Attached: israel2.png (889x889, 913K)

>that smug ass face
I want to PUNCH HER IN THE FACE!

Would like to do something else to her face that isn't punching.

German boomers are the absolute worst when it comes to hippie dippy asian culture bullshit
I really don't care about other cultures
I don't care if you wear or eat stuff from other cultures
What bothers me is seeing european people acting like retards and adopting an inferior culture because they think it's "spiritual"

Why the fuck would anyone want to live in a multicultural community if you weren't allowed to share in anyone else's culture?

Cultural genocide is one thing but "Cultural appropriation" as a concept needs to die.

Cultural appropriation != sharing culture

It's an american meme that should have stayed in america but since they import all the cancerous aspects of their society...

Yea, I'd SPIT too

Can you help me discern the difference then?
If someone likes a particular asian dress and wishes to wear it for their prom, isn't that just sharing in another's culture, with good intentions?

Is it ok if Asians wear Indian dresses?

Didn't you know? It's only bad when whitey does it.

Diversity is our strength!

everyone who owns a samurai sword and cannot trace their ancestors back to a samurai should be dragged out to their town square and flogged to death
that is the only way we can overcome racism

Define "Cultural appropriation".

I get that going fancy dress as Chief Sitting Bull is probably tasteless, but some white lass wearing a chongsam and being slated for cultural appropriation is fucking absurd.

I dressed up as a samurai when I was 6 years old for halloween because I thought they looked cool.

If the Australian CIA equivalent is reading this, please be merciful and spare me a flogging.

It's not other people's fault you were born a nigger.

its funny, cuz the actual chinese appropriate american culture all the time.

No and I pray it never happens,but if we started to take radical,America level,femenists demands seriously it might happen

I'm preparing for the worse

yes, the cultural appropriation of anglo-american culture here is a pressing issue

people here like to make out that it is, but that's mostly limited to fat, pinkhaired, twitter-verified sjws and the sad losers who orbit them.
since amerimutts come from so many different countries, it is always happening. has never really been seen as an issue intil recently. hmmmm......

Everyone appropriates Americans culture,in fact it's done so much that people think that sience everyone does these american things, they're aren't really american culture ,they're everyones culture

And sience American culture gets integrated into every other culture,they have no culture of their own

in media they yell much in normal life they dont.

Attached: ankka kesähattunen.jpg (600x800, 84K)

A lot of minorities in America like to complain and say their culture is being appropriated by white people, and also say that white people have no culture. They're ignoring the fact that everyone here appropriates everyone else's culture, and also ignoring that almost all white people here come from Europe with very distinct cultures.
The discussion is the problem, not the actual appropriation. It's monopolized by leftists because they're the only ones who pretend that it's a problem.

I want to appropriate her culture if you know what I'm saying

nonce

All hail the eternal American!

Attached: sips.jpg (431x312, 30K)

No. There are so many different cultures and people living in Israel the average person takes pride if someone appriciates theirs.
We do have crazy ass feminists trying to change language borrowing many ideas from US radical feminism but 95% doesn't give a fuck about them.

Cultural appropriation is when someone uses an aspect of someone's culture without respect and understanding of it. It doesn't stop at something like black face. Even something as benign as wearing traditional clothing can be inappropriate because it reduces what may be an expression of one's identity, history, and values to a banal fashion statement. Just try to imagine foreigners taking elements of your culture and misrepresenting them without any care in the world for what they mean to you. It's hard to understand for someone part of the dominant culture because you don't often get to feel like your identity is derided and misunderstood. Actual cultural exchange is done with genuine interest in the other culture. It's not treated with condescension as a simple curiosity. It's about placing your culture and the other culture at a place of equality where you consider the other culture as wholly legitimate and as much worthy of reverence as yours. That doesn't mean you have to like it or agree with it, just that you shouldn't see it as something "quaint" or otherwise unworthy of serious consideration. I can't tell you if or why her prom dress was insensitive because I'm not Chinese, but you shouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water. Cultural appropriation is a real thing and, of course, sometimes people are crying wolf. Just try to keep an open mind and look at things from another perspective.

I don't see Austral*ns appropriating abor*g*nal's culture

>not posting the pic where she poses her ass and hips

I thought this one's blown over. What's this week's outrage?

>Cultural appropriation is when someone uses an aspect of someone's culture without respect and understanding of it.
I am very much against a requirement of sorts that says a person has to sufficiently 'understand' another's cultural object before they can wear/use/eat/reinterpret it. It implies that we must freeze cultural elements in time and place and only allow them to be used as they once were. This neglects the fact that culture is an ongoing process (and a multicultural exchange) which constantly reimagines and repurposes its elements as society changes. Every cultural object today, apart from perhaps a sharpened stick, is a combination of efforts of different peoples from different societal contexts, constantly remixing objects to fit their current day's needs.

I agree that there is something 'wrong' about using another culture's objects to deride them (ie. blackface), but superficial intentions (ie. purely interested in the superficial or function of an object, rather than its traditional context) is both natural and desirable as society and its cultures continue to evolve and intermingle. If a six year old white kid thinks samurais look cool, there's nothing 'wrong' about him dressing up as one for Halloween.

Must I read a history book before cooking from a wok?

Or are you merely suggesting we impose barriers around certain "sensitive zones" (ie. protect very special cultural artifacts). If so, then what's the test? I'm not averse to saying that you should show respect for cultural practices in extreme cases (ex. types of funeral processions), but it's just a formal dress, worn for a fancy celebratory occasion the likes of which parallel closely what it was originally intended for.

Moreover, had this been a second generation whitewashed chinese girl who had no idea about her cultural background, your camp would be unlikely to have an issue. Why? Doesn't that belittle the object just as much as an "outsider" would?

Threadly reminder that this "traditional Chinese dress" is a Manchu outfit that got sexied up by rich Shanghai fashionistas in the 1930s.

Its like Americans getting asspained if some Japanese chicks revived flapper fashion.

Except Trudeau shows respect to the culture when he uses the proper attire in a specific situation as opposed to seeing a dress you think looks nice and taking it to prom.

My last comment is to note the conspicuous absence of concern from the origin nations when an incident like this occurs in a multicultural territory.

If you asked Chinese people (in China) if they had a problem with a white American high school girl wearing a formal chinese dress for her high school prom because she thought it looked better than the alternatives, I think you'd have more positive feelings (such as pride) than anger and of feeling robbed. And most Indians (in India) are likely proud, if they care at all, that some university in Ottawa has a yoga club enjoyed by hundreds of its students, even if it is presented in a somewhat watered-down form compared to its quasi-religious origins.

The only people who want this "cultural appropriation" policy adopted are those that fear that their own culture is being taken from them. This seems to be a promising defensive tactic that could preserve what little of "their" culture hasn't been subsumed and regurgitated by today's western world's all-consuming superficial consumerist behemoth. But the problem with this is the marginalization of, or at least feelings of marginalization within, those in minority cultures amidst a more dominant cultural influence. That's where attention must be paid. Not towards cultural enclaving, which would only perpetrate further disharmony and fractures amongst ethnocultural lines.

>If you asked Chinese people (in China) if they had a problem with a white American high school girl wearing a formal chinese dress for her high school prom because she thought it looked better than the alternatives, I think you'd have more positive feelings (such as pride) than anger and of feeling robbed.
True, I saw this in the ChinaWire and asked my gf about it, she thought it was just a nice dress and didn't understand why people were mad she wore it.

This reminds me of that time a girl tweeted Nintendo was racist for having a mexican Mario and she was a called a puta pendeja

ABC's are the worst kind, literally nigger tier, condemnation try-hards

dios mio...

Why are gooks so whiny?

It's not them that are whining. It's those middle-class self-righteous white people

Yeah, no.

its more like japanese getting asspained if other japanese revived flapper fashion

Yeah, yeah.

It's even funnier cause the actual Chinese were made aware of that girl and were commenting about how nice she looked in that dress.

Look up who was crying about the OP, ching chang

pissants like you.

Attached: chink2.jpg (245x216, 13K)

Attached: sneaky paki.jpg (600x693, 146K)

Blackface isn't cultural appropriation, dropped right there.

This 2bh
The only reason he got mad was because he doesn't understand his own culture. I absolutely hate when Asians and blacks try to act cultured when they're 4th gen amerimutts just like the rest of us.

only mutts have

and that Chink Amerimutt who complained about this even hated Korea and Japan

said her tweet wasnt a virtue-signal but just a hate screeching

she was literal loud Chinkmutt whos a mix of Chink egoism and Amerimutt egoism

Can't tell if really stupid or just trolling. A cloth is a cloth, if people enjoy French fashion or beret basque why should be a dick to them? Why other people should be a dick to me because I mimic a part of their culture?

>implying cultures are a fixed things with clear rules, definite borders and immune to external influences since millennias
Also why the fuck if you dress a kimono or some shit you're literally Hitler but nobody says anything about pineapple pizza

No.

Although some people in Amsterdam like to import all SJW bullshit from America. And I believe they make a living off it.

>we want to feel included in your community
>but you can't use our culture it's mine stop it

Attached: 1525845458593.png (427x624, 331K)

Yes. Poles are stealing baltic culture.

You people don’t do shit, 4channers are basement dwellers who merely fantasize

>95% doesn't give a fuck about them

yeah everyone says this and then we find out soyboys are rampaging through their country who implement bullshit stuff such as going to jail for twitter shitposts

95% can't simply not give a fuck, they must be prepared to beat a nearest feminist with a hammer in her/his head

Yes, this country is full of non-whites who have appropriated white fashion, white music, white cuisine, white pop-culture, white technology, and white systems of government. It's a big issue. But god forbid white people wear some fucking pants or have a hair style by people from a different part of the world that we've been essentially forced to be around. Sorry but no, here's the deal: you can have multiculturalism WITH cultural appropriation, or we can have a white ethno-state in the Americas AND THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND.

>i-im oppressed

lmao
you are the same with sjw

...no?

Attached: images (18).jpg (481x306, 32K)

It's a giant issue.
Every year starting in late September thousands of dirty smelly Pr*ssian pigs flock to my city, dressed up in our traditional couture (or at least their understanding of it).
Might stab someone this year.

Attached: img-0655.jpg (800x600, 112K)

t. jealous roastie

Are Bavarians the best germans?

Frankfurt Jews have really done a number in your civilization, eh?

Are you actually retarded? if understanding was the sole requirement then many of the exchanges wouldn't have happened.

no

We enjoy it.

Attached: Photos-Salma-Hayek-Germany.jpg (2048x1247, 361K)

Bavarians and Austrians are.

>you are the same with sjw

>Implying I implied implications.

I'm not oppressed, and didn't say I was fuck head. What I am is out of patience with brain dead herpaderps who want to have their diversity cake and eat it too. Multiculturalism means I get to wear dreads, and no one gets to complain. Multiculturalism means no one is special. The only identity you bring is your personal one. And if you make a big enough fuss about defining that personal identity along racial lines, then understand white people are going to play that game too.

Yes.
2nd and 3rd gen T*rks totally stole the culture of Greeks and are lazy, unemployed cunts smelling like garlic.

thats fucking hot.

Something Am*Ricans made up. There is no such thing as cultural appropriation.

An American racist term. They claim that if you were born with the wrong skin tone, you're not allowed to wear certain dresses or go to parties.

same as koreans saying "sakura is ours". this however is "we wuz" meme

cultural appropriation is that plus "so dont use it"

Abo cultures died off. We've shilled it for them but they prefer Centrelink, alcohol, roaming in gangs, and accosting strangers for small amounts of money. Truly high-culture in the abo world.

No, we're not retarded

idk cultural appropriation is a joke anyway. and i'm chinese. but yeah she barely looks white anyway. she looks very hispanic imo

Isn't it bad only when whites do it according to SJWs? Because she's clearly mexican

actually, yeah

In th sense of
But with sandniggers. But apparently "muh cutural approperition" can only be done by an ethnicity in majority and towards a minority so in that sense, no, but it is still a make belief problem and therefore not a problem.

Attached: mfw.jpg (640x633, 87K)

>I really don't care about other cultures

But then

>What bothers me is seeing european people acting like retards and adopting an inferior culture because they think it's "spiritual"

OH NO NO NO NO NO

G*rmans are utterly subhuman savages, your "Country" has been the direct cause of highest total deaths of white europeans and the most destruction of european culture

go back to human sacrifice in the bog you civilization destroying animal

youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY&index=12&list=FLZlvgANa5ICVBUvzJSI9c_w&t=0s

>We've shilled it for them
You mean slaughtered and enslaved them, and separated their children from their families?

Attached: 1521780094036056241.jpg (800x479, 113K)

yes because these degenerates wear crosses like a fashion item in poor taste, so i make it into a problem

Attached: met-gala-best-dressed-2018.jpg (2500x1042, 455K)

Only dumb American leftists and their British lapdogs care about this shit.

It was some Asian American fellow, who probably spends his days looking for things to get annoyed about.

Never had anyone bring it up and all of my friends are pretty level headed so they don't buy into most of this shit despite largely being left wing.

If people are so concerned about cultural appropriation then we should stop importing and watching american media. Stop eating at foreign food restuarants and all immigrants and ethnic groups that aren't white british should immediately stop speaking english, dressing in an english fashion, and so on.

This. I move in pretty left wing circles and American "activism" is just laughed at here when the topic even comes up.