/éire/

Seyana edition.

Attached: 1525577798538.png (565x541, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thejournal.ie/leo-varadkar-taoiseach-young-global-leader-4001864-May2018/
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/08/how-white-women-use-strategic-tears-to-avoid-accountability
youtube.com/watch?v=2F3kD6BbdfE
foreignpolicy.com/2016/11/16/president-trump-and-the-iran-nuclear-deal/
twitter.com/IntelCrab
youtube.com/watch?v=iTgPpXDm8v0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good afternoon friends

>we got through to the Eurovision final
I guess I'm obligated to watch it on Saturday now.

Attached: 1494780387629.jpg (720x720, 91K)

thejournal.ie/leo-varadkar-taoiseach-young-global-leader-4001864-May2018/

Martin could never be this cool

Attached: taoisock.jpg (390x285, 20K)

>Leo Varadkar named on list of 'global leaders' under 40
That's a very strange headline. I know the sub-headline clarifies it, but the headline seems to imply that he simply made a list of leaders under the age of 40, wouldn't really be news at all.

Feeling bad.

Attached: upside down.png (489x423, 88K)

I can't stop burning money

Attached: C.R.E.A.M.png (373x529, 222K)

>The Journal
>Competent

Attached: 1516229220485.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

Faggots

Thought provoking and powerful

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/08/how-white-women-use-strategic-tears-to-avoid-accountability

Attached: african queen.png (560x560, 79K)

Isn't that a worldwide thing? I haven't ever pretended or forced myself to cry so I can get things to go my way, but I know many people that do. And it's not just women, either - even men do it.
I haven't read the article, but I can more or less tell what's in it.

Attached: a356232e137cd08180dbd30ba41da5a2d1404ea4_hq.jpg (1024x937, 67K)

First for poor to mediocre day.
How was your day user?

I'll probably tune into it too as a result. Can't remember but I presume there will be Jow Forums threads for it?

Afternoon desu.

>Seyana
Cute, who are they?

What have you been buying?

Trying their best, I'm sure.

Attached: 1525368857722.png (1000x1178, 804K)

>How was your day
Nothing bad has happened. Yet.

>Cute, who are they?
youtube.com/watch?v=2F3kD6BbdfE

Attached: 4a8cbc678ca58f07a59613f981966.jpg (708x1024, 111K)

Attached: DcxVgieX4AERww9.jpg (756x680, 46K)

>Yet.
19:37 is prime time for bad happenings I hear, just so you're aware.
>song
Rather confused, but I approve.

>Dublin and young people the most supportive
Wow desu, very interesting...

Attached: 1518309119255.png (800x1244, 652K)

It might clash with the Champions League final

Attached: 1523478860893.jpg (797x796, 109K)

What objections could that 10% have to it?

And?

Attached: 1514005242702.jpg (700x976, 205K)

Should have known you wouldn't be missing the gay event of the year for anything

Rude.

I really hate the song we have this year.

Champions league final is 2 and a half weeks away.

Attached: 1518465602310.png (404x404, 118K)

Is it lewd?

No I just hate the sound of it.

It's the best we've had for a long time although that's not saying much.

>gay event of the year
But I'm not watching the soccer.

Attached: 1524387248512.jpg (606x357, 77K)

Don't ever contradict me again

Attached: 1525879303264.jpg (715x600, 80K)

Is that really the gayer event? Mind you, most of us are probably only watching it for the banter and voting and so on as opposed to the music.
It has produced the odd good song over the years though.

Attached: 1499049394465.jpg (1302x1842, 1.48M)

>A lorry carrying 12 tonnes of liquid chocolate overturned on a motorway in Poland.

*sprints to the airport*

Attached: Ls3lwvf.jpg (600x407, 64K)

Must be pretty close to Knock desu.

Why do they transport chocolate in liquid form? Unless Willy Wonka's relocated to Poland for labour costs.

Liquid doesn't leave any gaps or require any more packaging than a pressurised container. And you can get it in concentrated form to make more chocolate in the local factories.

Where can I watch if I'm a burger?

Naoi.

Attached: 1498048342123.png (570x706, 326K)

Thou shalt pay for stealing mein naoi.

There should be links up in the inevitable Jow Forums Eurovision thread.

>people excited just because we scraped by in a semi-final
oy gay

Help lads

help embarrass you?

Bit dead here this evening.

Attached: 1507002089939.png (619x900, 646K)

Matches the average poster.

Attached: 1464869339725.png (359x450, 204K)

Yeah it's just an odd thing to transport, you'd imagine you'd be manufacturing it all in one place

What do you reckon FE:Switch will be like?

Attached: 1523057100133.png (500x500, 246K)

It'll probably be a traditional game again so pretty decent, provided they don't fuck it up in some way.

Attached: 1422722140474.png (777x1054, 594K)

>burning a print-out of an American flag in their own parliament building while chanting "Death to America"
>stamping the fire out on the carpet
Are Iranians a particularly irrational people?

Attached: 1510761028018.jpg (2595x4096, 1.16M)

One might say they're irantional.
Seriously though fuck the US; I support them.

Why do you think Trump pulled out of the deal?

To send a message to Kimmy boy?

Obama had a hand in it. That's all.

Trump's a good g-y.

>Why do you think Trump pulled out of the deal?
There are a number of factors, of which Israeli pressure was the most influential in my opinion.

Attached: 1511150419589.png (1433x2024, 3.13M)

>burning a print-out of an American flag
At least they made sure not to suffer the embarrassment of those protesters that can't get their's to light. Plus they didn't give any money to the lucrative American flag industry in the middle east.

>Are Iranians a particularly irrational people?
Was this their leader or just a random politician? Doesn't sound like that unreasonable of a protest given the circumstances but as has been said, Iran should really be vying for the diplomatic approach considering they've held up their end of the agreement and the US has just jeopardised it.
Still has nothing on that Ukrainian lad who handed a fellow politician flowers and then tried to physically abduct him.

Attached: 1523799982661.jpg (1039x728, 328K)

>of which Israeli pressure was the most influential in my opinion.
What makes you say that?

>Was this their leader or just a random politician?
Looked like the equivalent of TDs.

>Doesn't sound like that unreasonable of a protest given the circumstances
It's not exactly a civilised response.

Attached: 1495026961692.jpg (1500x2220, 392K)

For business reasons since he wants to sanction them which the deal prohibited. He was saying this since before he was even elected but had to wait until this moment when it was up for renewal.
foreignpolicy.com/2016/11/16/president-trump-and-the-iran-nuclear-deal/

Wakaru (Wakaru)

1. Benjamin Netanyahu recently made a televised presentation in which he revealed documentation that supposedly indicated that Iran was not holding up its end of the nuclear deal. The veracity of this evidence is up for debate, but the presentation and timing was very clearly designed to attract Trump's attention as he prepared to make a decision on America's commitment to the deal going forward.
2. Israel has been very skeptical about Iran's commitment to the nuclear deal since day one. This attitude isn't entirely unfounded; Iran was found to be in breach of the deal on at least one occasion.
3. Israel has a very powerful lobby in Washington, and it is proving to be extremely effective in influencing the Trump administration so far.
4. Israel and Iran are sworn enemies. Trump's decision comes at a time when tensions between Israel and Iran are arguably at an all time high. This stems largely from Iran's involvement in the Syrian war. Israel fears that Iranian-backed militias are attempting to establish a corridor of Iranian influence between Iran and Israel, which is something the Israelis simply won't tolerate. It is therefore extremely important for them that Iran is weakened at all costs.

Those 4 reasons are why I believe that Israel is the main factor behind Trump's decision.

Attached: 1516029096144.jpg (613x960, 57K)

>It's not exactly a civilised response
Their anger is understandable but yes you're right. That's the sort of behaviour you'd expect to see out on the streets, or Westminster.

Attached: 2909173b14182f5520792bc.jpg (990x1029, 138K)

>got lightly sunburned on Saturday
>still itchy as fuck

Attached: 1513408066750.jpg (2000x2828, 2.2M)

daddy wont let me get a cat lads
-_-

Attached: MmY2ZDZmNDZlMGVmZmVjM2M3OTFhOGEwZDgwODFkNzSuYg34wT15PNCEAw14v7dpaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25h (449x600, 45K)

This is your punishment for wanting warmer weather.

Attached: c33a8f89745df5d7b579fb5a399d59.jpg (707x1000, 195K)

No sex please, we're Irish.

When did I express that sentiment?

Attached: 1495540807434.png (1400x2099, 1.12M)

That was an interesting article

>Benjamin Netanyahu recently made a televised presentation in which he revealed documentation that supposedly indicated that Iran was not holding up its end of the nuclear deal. The veracity of this evidence is up for debate, but the presentation and timing was very clearly designed to attract Trump's attention as he prepared to make a decision on America's commitment to the deal going forward.
I forgot about that.

That a pretty concise summation, thanks

What will the repercussions be do you think?

Damn, my rampant assumption making has caught up to me.

Attached: 52836111_p0.png (724x1027, 573K)

you're so vain i bet you think this post is about you

How dare you say that about me.

>What will the repercussions be do you think?
Very hard to say. As of this evening, Iran has yet to release an official statement in response. However, they have said relatively recently that if the USA pulls out, they will consider the deal null and void. This is of course representative of the USA's stature on the global stage and the weight that their involvement in the deal carries. At any other time, the USA's withdrawal from such an agreement would have signaled its inevitable collapse. However, the EU has really stepped up to the plate in the past year with repeated statements of commitment to the deal - Macron in particular has been very vocal this. This complicates matters for Iran more than anybody else, with the big question being whether the EU offers enough of an inventive to stick with the deal or not.

If Iran decides to stick with the deal despite the USA's withdrawal, it could mark a major shift in global geopolitics. In doing so, Iran would be in essence acknowledging the EU as being more valuable and important than the USA. That said, it would be very difficult for the current Iranian government to commit to the agreement in the absence of the USA in the fast of public outcry from hardliners.

Attached: 1516067009770.jpg (1776x2840, 1.64M)

*in the face of

Really interesting, thank you

Where do you get your geo-political opinions/knowledge from?

>Where do you get your geo-political opinions/knowledge from?
Many sources from around the world. Whenever I find a news source that I find to be reliable I add it to either my Twitter or RSS feed. I also watch a fair bit of TV news everyday. I find that having access to various takes on the same piece of news is the best way to form an informed opinion on any issue. As such I can't attribute what I just wrote to any one source. It was moreso just my own take on what's happening based on the information I've gathered.

Attached: 1512275897671.png (2000x1528, 2.02M)

t. frogweeb chief RTÉ foreign correspondent

I'd unironically love that job.

Attached: 1523153364426.jpg (1100x1540, 534K)

>they have said relatively recently that if the USA pulls out, they will consider the deal null and void
Clever move. If they follow up on it they can say they gave the US an ultimatum and this is merely the response, and if they decide to stay in then they appear all the better for rising above it. If America in the future decides to reinstate the deal, or a similar one, then Iran could ask for more.

Though really I doubt it will turn out well for Iran. They'll probably drop out of the agreement despite the wishes of the other signatories and do something stupid.

But for where? Washington, Brussels or Belfast?

Attached: c868f39103b85933c0155ac34f956c.jpg (702x1024, 74K)

The best move Iran can make is stick to the agreement which will make the US look like a fool (though they don't really need help doing that) and possibly win Iran more support globally.

shit is apparently going down in the area anyway

twitter.com/IntelCrab

>They'll probably drop out of the agreement despite the wishes of the other signatories and do something stupid.
The domestic response would certainly seem to be leaning in that direction. Rouhani's government has been under pressure from hardliners ever since his election, and the USA's withdrawal has given them almost insurmountable leverage over him. Personally I think Rouhani is in no rush to pull out of the deal because the positive economic impact it has had on Iran is blatantly obvious. But the hardliners don't care about that and are demanding a "confrontational" response (whatever that means).

But where does pulling out of the deal leave Iran? Isolated and on the verge of economic collapse. If Iran pulls out, it certainly won't be an economic or geopolitical decision. Another case of domestic politics sinking a deal of global importance.

>But for where? Washington, Brussels or Belfast?
Take a wild guess.

Attached: 1521211617441.jpg (1080x1080, 196K)

>looking for full video of Kiss of Death online
>can only find shitty English covers
Why do people do this?

Attached: 1520961804708.webm (542x930, 79K)

One has to wonder how much bad press the US would have to get before the rest of the world starts taking serious issue. As it stands the blame for things like this, the climate change agreement, etc. can be put on Trump alone.

>the hardliners don't care about that and are demanding a "confrontational" response (whatever that means)
"Fire the secret nukes we've been making!"

>Take a wild guess
Makes sense, otherwise you'd be compared to Brian O'Donovan or Tommy Gorman. And a chance for you to spread your federalist ideology.

Attached: 53176601_p0.png (858x1200, 1.01M)

It's been out for months though?
youtube.com/watch?v=iTgPpXDm8v0

Attached: 8b8b4c42b604bd9610632fb26fac5.jpg (724x983, 300K)

>the climate change agreement, etc. can be put on Trump alone.
That's true; but if the new administration wants to re-enter these sort of things, it calls into question the US political system globally. How can they trust any word from the head of state? Presumably this is a one-off with Trump, but I'd argue there are even crazier people that could theoretically be elected.

>I'd argue there are even crazier people that could theoretically be elected
You are now imagining the Sarah Palin timeline.

Just one other point worth mentioning on the USA pulling out of the Iranian nuclear deal. Although Israel is considered to be the main driver behind the decision, the influence of Saudi Arabia was highly significant too. SA hates Iran just as much as Israel does, and this has formed the basis of bizarre alliance between two countries that are technically enemies. SA also lobbied heavily for the USA to pull out of the deal, and like Israel, the Saudis also wield significant clout in Washington too.

There's a faultline developing in the Middle East with Saudi Arabia and Israel on one side, and Iran and Syria on the other. Could be a potential flashpoint for conflict in the future.

>And a chance for you to spread your federalist ideology.
What about Tony Connolly though? The two of us won't fit in RTÉ's tiny Brussels studio.

I could have sworn I had that bookmarked. Then I couldn't find it when I was searching for it on Youtube earlier. Thanks.

Attached: 1510710959191.png (581x701, 302K)

>How can they trust any word from the head of state?
This is an unfortunate question for Trump to be raising on the global stage prior his meeting with Kim Jong Un.

Attached: 1521413011610.jpg (2127x3009, 1.64M)

>this has formed the basis of bizarre alliance between two countries that are technically enemies
Enemy of my enemy and all that.

>There's a faultline developing in the Middle East with Saudi Arabia and Israel on one side, and Iran and Syria on the other. Could be a potential flashpoint for conflict in the future
I honestly don't think we'll see sustainable peace in the middle east within our lifetime.

>What about Tony Connolly though?
There can be only one. Do what you must.

>I could have sworn I had that bookmarked. Then I couldn't find it when I was searching for it on Youtube earlier
I've said it before, youtube search is fucking awful. There's a new thing I've been noticing lately too with a video being deleted, then being restored a few weeks later. I should be glad that the video's back but something about it feels annoying.

Attached: 1523732734697.png (801x601, 782K)

>prior his meeting with Kim Jong Un.
Honestly, Moon should handle this himself. Whatever has caused Kim to come around clearly has nothing to do with the US, and they should work out anything between themselves. Perhaps Xi and Abe should be there too, but there's no reason for Trump to be involved. I understand that SK is their ally, but this is not a militaristic dispute (anymore at least).

>I honestly don't think we'll see sustainable peace in the middle east within our lifetime.
Fortunately Israel is the only country in the region with nukes (for now). However, I was reading recently that Pakistan has apparently manufactured nukes on behalf of Saudi Arabia, which would be delivered to SA upon request (most likely if Iran were to acquire nuclear capability).

>There's a new thing I've been noticing lately too with a video being deleted, then being restored a few weeks later
I've noticed that too.

>I should be glad that the video's back
I really love the song, but I'm still not sure if that's because the song is actually good on its own merits or simply because of what I associate it with.

Attached: 1505777928034.png (650x910, 464K)

God I hate Ray D'Arcy

Attached: 1525570072588.jpg (400x400, 39K)

>Pakistan has apparently manufactured nukes
What's the difference between Pakistan and a pancake?

>I'm still not sure if that's because the song is actually good on its own merits or simply because of what I associate it with
I get that, it can be hard to judge something objectively. Then there are also songs I dislike because of what they're associated with.

Attached: 306b6c8c845623f8820cb396b18d5.png (1500x1226, 1.06M)

What's he done now?

>Honestly, Moon should handle this himself
Not possible. For various reasons, a peace deal between the South Korea and North Korea will be worth no more than the paper it's signed on unless the USA consents to it.

Firstly, any peace deal to officially end the Korean War would require the signatures of all participatory nations (as is my understanding). That includes the USA.

Secondly, the American military presence in South Korea is massive and gives the USA (and by extension, South Korea) serious leverage over North Korea. For Moon to exclude his primary military backer from peace talks would be diplomatically disastrous. This is also why Kim Jong Un wants the USA involved in the negotiations - ultimately he wants to make peace with the USA moreso than South Korea.

Finally, American backing of a peace deal gives it geopolitical credibility and sustainability. This is why the timing of Trump pulling out of the Iranian deal is so bad in the context of the Iranian deal.

Attached: 1499024728764.jpg (622x870, 478K)

*in the context of the Korean summit.

SAY SOMETHING STUPID IN THAT VOICE OF HIS WHERE HE SAYS AH YEAH THATS A THING AND LIKE THAT BUT OH NO YOURE DISAGREEING WITH ME YA YA YA YA YA I SUPPOSE IT IS AHA AHA HAH HA AHA BUT COME HERE TO ME I HEARD YOU WERE ACTUALLY A MIDGET AHUM AHUM YA YA I SEE WELL THANKS FOR TAKING TO US WAHOO MARGARET WAHOO

>What's the difference between Pakistan and a pancake?
I don't know any pancakes that were nuked by India.

Attached: 1499569407656.jpg (1439x1080, 180K)

his wifes name is actually jenny not margaret

You make all the good points, but I just cannot imagine negotiating anything resembling reasonable with Trump.

HAH HA HA WELL HERE'S THE THING WHAT IF IT'S NOT HA HA ARE YOU SURE YA YA IT'S NOT LIKE I COULD POSSIBLY BE WRONG AH AH NOW NOW THERE'S NO NEED TO BE LIKE THAT NAH NAH THAT'S NOT ON NOW LOOK LOOK WE'RE GOING TO A COMMERCIAL BREAK NOW.

>but I just cannot imagine negotiating anything resembling reasonable with Trump.
I'm just waiting for him to do something ridiculous at the summit.

Attached: 1506620848748.png (1000x1000, 574K)

>Kim tricks Trump into pushing a big red button that launches a nuke
It's so insane it just might happen.

Attached: 1470094038124.jpg (640x480, 39K)