How did you get started in crypto?

How did you get started in crypto?

Attached: 1512350297244.jpg (645x729, 81K)

Coinbase 2016 back when you could easily buy whole bitcoins and later ethereum.

mined some peercoin in 2011, traded it for btc

Unironcially here some anons spoon Fed me on how to buy ETH when it was like $7

>heard about it in 2010
>no money to invest, if I did it was about $5 worth of bitcoin
>lots of events happen in life, BTC wallet lost forever
>2016
>huh...that price is a LOT higher than wh-
>realize the profit, immediate depression
>buy in with only $25 worth of btc
>"it will probably go nowhere, I shouldn't waste too much money on it."
>2017 august-december shitfest
>$25 is now $470
>hooked
>$1200 loan turns into $20k

I had heard about Bitcoin since 2011ish but never bought. I found Jow Forums by accident in early 2017 and didn't start trading until a few months later. I'm only 3x up on my initial.

heard about bitcoin when wikileaks started to accept it to bypass visa/mastercard/paypal restrictions

found the Jow Forums board after browsing/pol/

Mined BTC back in 2011 or 2012 to pay for computer parts. After watching Logan from Tek Syndicate talks about it on Tigerdirect YouTube channel, I calculated out the cost of electricity and figured mining will have all of my GPUs pay for themselves. Mined around 12 BTC in 2 months and held it all since then, had I continue I would of retired by now... But I don't feel too bad about it.

i was more interested in buying drugs with crypto but never bought any till march 2017. knew about btc back in 2012

I bought a ton of dark web xanax in 15 and forgot I had a wallet until the bull run in December. Cashed out 10k and reinvested in VEN

Bought in during the hype cycle in 2013 at around $300.

2011 I created some site where people could work for bitcoin. Barely anyone used it and they said getting paid 0.01 for an hour or so worth of work was slave wages.

.1 rather

I was on Jow Forums in 2013 and kept hearing about it. Bought a small amount (like sub-$100) of LTC and BTC and forgot about crypto until the last bull run. Had I kept to my original plan of dropping in $10 every month no matter what I’d be up tens of thousands at least but hey. I’m back now and that’s what matters.

wtf same

somehow stumbled upon this micronesian bird watching forum and ended up buying Link and then Req because they had the most memes

True Capitalist radio
Early March 2016

Attached: 1493847014717.png (1234x875, 368K)

pol and the mises institute

>Be broke uni student
>Always had investing in mind since an early age
>Knew the sooner I got into it the more money I'd make
>Someday find out Jow Forums exists while browsing other boards
>Convince my dad to lend me 2k and promise him to pay it back as soon as I I'm done studying if I lose it all
>Bought ETH at 80$
>Bought IOTA below 40 cents
>Bought EOS below 2$

Currently holding a 6 digit portfolio. Gave my father the money back and bought him a neat watch as a present.

2013 on btc-e when Charlie Lee used to hang out with us in the trollbox. I lost thousands on LTC. good times.

im a faggot who got here in summer 2017, but somehow i still made $10,000. thx Jow Forums