/smg/ - Stock Market General

SMG edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Basic rundown on Options:
youtube.com/watch?v=TBAQtjyqNHw
youtube.com/watch?v=SuTTzfa4ePE

Previous thread

Attached: smg.jpg (1300x866, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-42815483
youtube.com/watch?v=70I2JcZHn6c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First

Attached: laughing_bogdanoff_and_sminem.png (600x532, 237K)

Fuck I want to move up north again. Life in minnemogadishu is suffering

Yeah
I didn't want to derail the thread into Jow Forumsshit
But that is what I have heard
Also, it seems mudslimes want to shit up your Congress

I give it 15 years before the USA is done for

It's nice and comfy, the only problem is there's not a lot of cool ass stores and the firing ranges are full of fudds, gotta know someone that has private land if you wanna have fun.

They don't come this far north, we have some Muslims here but they're nice people. They're not on a rampage trying to turn this place into a Sharia hellhole and they're well mannered. My biggest problem is the absurd 11% sales tax and living expenses. Makes it had to do any business up here and it's squeezing the life out of entrepreneurship.

I am from France and let me tell you about those "nice" muslims
I don't deny they are mostly nice people
But in then end, they are here to take your place and live according their culture

One little step at a time m8

But in the end, don't think of it too much and get rich so you are free to flee whatever shithole you happen to be in

lets go boys

Attached: 1521740905242.gif (480x480, 1.91M)

Morning all

Morning lads!

I see comfy chickened out from puts on WFC. :( he doesn't like the TA or fundys

Yea I saw some footage of a trucker in Calais, not good. I'm well armed though, nobody is going to mess with me. I'll trade in peace until I make it and probably move to either Montana or Tennessee.

I am not talking about those ragtag "refugees"
Those are obviously the problem

But the biggest, the most essential problem is those "nice" and integrated muslims who may look so polite and all and all...

Bah, whatever

just say you're poor like us here in Spain and they'll flee to somewhere nicer in Europe. Not that hard.

anyone have HMNY?

Sell or Hold?

Banks going down today again? Isn't that really bad considering the earning reports?

It is not really the earnings but the fishiness of their balance sheets

I actually looked that up because I was curious

The guy actually survived with just head injuries
bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-42815483

Nah I get it man, I'm cautious by nature

They just might, BAC took a sizeable hit and isn't near hard support yet.

Morning all, fuck GERN

Also, no indication of trend reversal, might get ugly

Bullish on HEMP. The good news just keeps rollin' in. It's free money. at $.02

First again

rotation out of tech stocks and into banks today

also accumulate GE before earnings tomorrow

What happened to the golden bull and the gold DUST?

Attached: bull_trap.png (953x578, 27K)

Makes sense.

Fishy balance sheets as user mentioned,earnings really not stellar when tax rebate is accounted for, slowing of growth of new loans & deposits (BAC at least), auto, student, CRE defaults nearing ATHs. The greedy fucks are still subprime loaning.

No indication of a trend reversal as well, Wells Fargo is barely hanging onto monthly Ichimoku support. That is a long term trend, Ichimoku uses 9,26,52 periods, and I didn't change them when I checked monthly candles. From what I noticed, the only time it broke support was 08 recession in which it traded in cloud, and 09 when it broke well beneath.

Wait we're long GE now? What about what happened back in November?

Attached: 1524080015370.jpg (2208x1242, 157K)

bottom.

Me plan for day!

Also you guys miss paint, me want to do stocks so not have for suck cock >.>

Attached: 20180419_073939.jpg (1364x2372, 821K)

Attached: 5C3769E5-5F74-4DF5-83F1-D4CE30156346.jpg (764x713, 150K)

>Bought 5 more shares of CBL with this month's dividend.
Feels good, man. We're all gonna make it.

Attached: 1523982242059.jpg (196x258, 7K)

>slowing of growth of new loans & deposits (BAC at least), auto, student, CRE defaults nearing ATHs.
>The greedy fucks are still subprime loaning.

okay hold on, so do you want them to increase their lending by giving to more (riskier) borrowers?
or do you want them to be more conservative with their lending and slow it down?

you contradict yourself and apparently there is no way for the banks to win on lending in your eyes... despite the fact that the banks are growing faster than GDP and are literally posting record profits

What are we all buying today? I’ve got 500 to throw around

I think I'm gonna play earnings on TEAM, does this sound like a dumb idea? 60 4/20 calls, exp tomorrow

Jeez dude, you should have given yourself more time on those options, what's the theta on those?

bought 2 jnj medium call options for $130 on 129.48.
Bought a few more $130 calls at 127.

Have a good 7% of my portfolio on jnj options and I can't quite figure out why it even went down. The main thing I found was zytiga patent expiring but that won't be an issue for a while.

Am I going full retard or something.

can I get a quick rundown on trading for dividends?

you dont trade for dividends
you hold for dividends

Earnings are released tonight, not gonna hold later than tomorrow anyway

The weak should fear the strong

Attached: _20180419_075816.jpg (1075x269, 29K)

You'll still have to deal with the decay, it increases the closer you get to expiry. Should have gotten ones for next week for more gain. It might work but you're on knifes edge at this point.

I don't want them to do anything in particular. The slowing of growth is a FACT, my opinion that they are greedy fucks is an opinion. No contradiction there.

Yield curve is flattening as well.

Any recommendations on a free realtime paper-trading platform? Or do those not exist? I'll probably eventually open an IB account but I don't want to have to deposit $10k just to start practicing.

I'm pretty sure you can paper trade on IB, check into it.

I think trading view is on one minute delay. If you're practicing intraday trading strategies, while not optimal, you'll be fine if you trade off 5 15 1hr candles. If you're swing trading then you really don't need real time data.

Please do post here if you find a free real time paper trader, I'm sure many folks would be interested and it can be added to OP.

I need to get off ST.

Attached: KoolytheBearAfraidtoMeetRealFather.jpg (1280x1024, 288K)

Golden Bull is coming.

Attached: OpenSeason.jpg (1459x1094, 730K)

Hey now, it's fun to Shitposting there

BAGGY NO

Attached: Bear Black.jpg (1200x720, 135K)

when will googl and fb crash these pieces of shit

Attached: 1447616646544.gif (500x354, 889K)

good luck gentlemen!

What
said. I'm am old economy, retard boomer type investor trying to supplement my IRA.

What is the trend for the banks today ?
Still time to buy 50 put on WFC ?

I bought a $45 6/15 put on WFC for dirt cheap, get in here!

i would argue that you cant tell the trend direction of something in the first 5 minutes of the day

wait until like 10 or 11 before you want to identify an intraday trend

Yeah make sense
Thanks

Too OTM and risky for me

that said,
stop betting against the banks

it was a SURPRISE move down after stellar earnings reports
now we are bouncing back imo

There is no way the banks can keep those numbers with the shit storm they are creating financially. It can't last forever and will come crashing down.

banks are CHEAP (low p/e)

not in any danger

stop selling

Oh Lord, 16 puts on SLV look HOT right now

Eat my shorts Wall Street

Will GE make a comeback? I might buy some if it hits $10 a share.

how are your calls treating you user?

>GUSH dumping
NO! We're supposed to go to the moon!

Who wants to buy Spotify puts with me?

There are sayings that silver may very well be squeezed
Are you playing 69D chess and planing for the next move ?

Thanks Amazon for ruining all my SNE gains in 20 minutes. Fucking bezos.

>INTC
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: goodnig-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (243x207, 17K)

Dudes. All my biotech stocks are doing so shitty.

Anyways, I was looking into emerging market debt. I found a closed-end fund yielding 14% and it's price has been pretty steady over the last 5 years. Since everything else I have is so shitty and US stocks are so spendy right now I want to park my cash somewhere else.

The fund is primarily South American gov't + corporate debt, Africa and some middle east and other shitholes like Ukraine thrown in. It's actively managed and they seem to be doing something right. It's heavy in oil-producing countries and oil prices are going up, so I was thinking....

Just not sure.

>the feel when SPY open below your limit, it buys anyways, and already down $1.50 before day even start

Attached: 84dcd61d6c7d52ce3bc1bacead8dd5c6.gif (500x281, 3.29M)

my long position is fine thanks
i am holding shares in BAC and JPM and they are long term investments

right now im actually weighted too heavily on my biotech shits and im trying to fix that slowly

Rise from your grave tvix.

Yea, it's a controlled commodity, it'll go down eventually. I'm giving myself plenty of time in the future

Ganbatte bgfv-kun

What fund is that? Where can I find more info? Sounds interesting

mornin

Attached: 1486407203574.gif (123x182, 3.84M)

Seems like chip stocks are going to reverse and bring everyone else today thanks to Lam. There was also some report talking about global smartphone sales are already peaked, thats probably hurting apple too.

RIP semiconductors sector. Some are down 9% already.

EDF and EDI. Similar funds from the same company that specializes in debt like this.

I'm fairly optimistic about the shithole countries it's invested in and it pays dividends every month.

So, when should I start shorting everything?

Attached: 1517887835078m.jpg (1024x835, 88K)

It also looks like reality is going to settle in for netflix and tesla today.

youtube.com/watch?v=70I2JcZHn6c

Attached: ChadShortVitginLong.png (2762x1349, 390K)

fuck that, i just find the big dividend payers and wait for big dips, i trade the people that chase dividends, they run it up, ill sell that shit without getting a dividend desu

Thanks user, I'll look into that

Pulled the trigger on GE today. I think it might have bottomed out and nothing but shorts with wobbly re-hashed thesis talking about it anymore, so it must be time to buy. Also earnings report tomorrow.

-Hoping they split off the divisions so I get free shares.
-Warren Buffet buys into it, hopefully without rape-tastic terms.
-They sell a lot of wind turbines with the high energy prices coming up.
-They sell a lot of steam turbines in 3rd world shitholes other firms don't deal with.

Just when i thought we made it past the trade war bullshit, they sting us in the tail with ZTE ban

Attached: 1511816473870.jpg (712x630, 58K)

>Oil this morning
WEW

What the fuck happened to PM today?

>that gif
is baggy off the wagon again?

Not 100% sure it's him, but this was him right before it was filmed

Attached: original_114368173.gif (498x278, 537K)

shhhh baggy is fragile

Banks update!

BAC WFC 1D trend still bearish, no indicator of reversal. 4HR Trend HA indications of trend reversal showing, but overall is remaining in a bearish trend. 1min, 5min, 15min are indicating overbought, with strong signs of upward trend reversal.

Attached: 2018-04-19 (1).png (1920x1080, 219K)

based big5, you might make it with your put. Very bearish on SSC right now.

Attached: 2018-04-19 (2).png (1920x1080, 234K)

there where alot of huge bid whacks from 2.80-2.71 whoever dumped was not even giving a fuck

Attached: 1517551768806.jpg (958x1112, 569K)

what a chad, just like that doggo

Attached: Bear Creeping.jpg (1280x842, 146K)

Sniping that value

Attached: 1507685550598.jpg (319x239, 31K)

if the selling momentum picks up it'll tumble hard today imo

No
Not the red again
Anything but the red theme

Quick! What's the quickest, most fastest penny? I need to unlock the green theme.

Attached: 1523326875239.gif (500x552, 255K)