What do Germans think of this guy?

What do Germans think of this guy?

Attached: bismarck.jpg (734x1000, 229K)

they like him

how do you know?

One of the few Germans that should be admired

generally good politician but with some faults and the circumstances he had to work with weren't the best either

le 1/1488 German

because they are always positive about him

I would suck him off if I had the chance
No homo ...

We admire him for unifying Germany even though he didn’t succeed completely since he left Austria out. Overall he was a strategic mastermind who always had a plan how to profit even if the odds were against us.

He is neither pedestalized nor demonized. He is regarded for what he really was: a product of his time and the father of opportunist Realpolitik.

Pretty based 11/10
Probably would have done even better if Wilhelm didn't sperg out so much.

he's cool

Is he as known inside Germany as Hitler?

>the reason I wasn't great is because Wilhelm bullied me waaaaaah

t. Prussian

fuck no

..yep.. ..we had this one.. ..was good with russians before fucking it up all..

As a German, a personal hero
Most people however maybe admire his social reforms a bit and recognise that he united Germany, which is breddy cool, generally comes off well because of his clashes with Willy II

>united Germany
Most of Europe's 20th century problems can be traced to this

that's not true

Yes, it is.

>t. german ireland

That analogy doesn't fit at all

explain it then

It's the reason behind WW1 and 2

Austria would never haven given up their empire to be a German province instead. It's quite obvious why Austria didn't join.

yeah if you conveniently ignore all other nations

Attached: 2Tp81c4.webm (311x239, 152K)

>Implying WW1 wouldn't have happened if Germany didn't reunite
Because everyone loved each other so much back then, they totally wouldn't have jumped as soon they got any reason to do so (I.e. A very convenient assassination of some royal).

Maybe if your first act as a united nation weren't taking over Alsace...

Attached: Alsace-Lorraine_Dialects.png (944x1677, 337K)

Nice change of subject

He was admired for his genius rhethoric:
"I hate krauts who disagree with me but i hate other countries even more"
t. Otto Von Bismarck

>change of subject
How is sparking French revanchism a change of subject?

Alsace was part of becoming a united nation, it is German territory and the people there were not really frenchified until after WWII when nobody wanted to be German anymore
There was nothing wrong with taking Alsace, the problem was the autistic French reeeeing over it for the next 40 years

Prussian supremacist

Nothing wrong with that
You see what Germany has become without Prussia? A soulless shell of its former self
The only places with some identity left are Bavaria and parts of the Rhineland

>without Prussia
Less prone to fighting whole Europe

>Implying it was ever different
Except for the saxon literature scene, most of German identities came up just with the unification anyway, butchered through some weird Historismus.

He's my hero

Everyone was militarist in the time of WWI, in fact France had a more severe conscription than Germany for example
Don't blame us for building a strong army and being efficient at military matters when every other state was trying to do the same

Prussia is not to blame for WW2. After all, the Nazi movement did not originate from the Prussian aristocracy but from common people mainly from Southern Germany, who originally formed the party in Bavaria.
And that's why it was better when Prussian thought took over in all of the places without their own noteworthy identity