Has anybody here gone travelling alone? What was it like? Where did you go?

Has anybody here gone travelling alone? What was it like? Where did you go?

Attached: Traveling_Alone.jpg (700x394, 134K)

I had to walk eight miles the other day.
It almost killed me.

Back in my day we used to walk 12 miles each way in 6 foot deep snow with no coat just to go to school

I don't have enough courage to got the the restaurant alone so I don't see how I could travel alone.

Attached: pepefroggie.jpg (800x450, 36K)

Liar, we know about moose-riding.

Also on a side note I've traveled alone, but only inside the US. It's the same as travelling with people, just quieter, and you lose out on shared memories and experiences, which are really the only thing worth living for.

Would like to do this since I have no friends

I want to go camping in Alaska with a friend

Ive been to taiwan alone. it feels like no surprise no happy to see the place where ive really wanted to go and see

I travelled alone to Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Poland, Austria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus and Ukraine

I went to romania alone on mountain, there was bear outside the tent.

I travel alone to France and Spain. But I live in the UK so it's not far. Usually I do sightseeing and then in the evening hit a restaurant and then some bars. Once you start drinking you'll feel less inhibited.

once i get my drivers license i kinda wanna travel alone but will i die if i sleep in the car?
(oxygen loss)

I spent 10 months solo around SEA: Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Lao, Myanmar, and South India. I spent at least 1 month in each country, except Vietnam where I spent 3 months and India where I spent 2.5months.

My next solo trip is 5months in East Asia: Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Kong Kong. Majority of it being in Japan (3months) while half of that will be hiking Shikoku.

let me know if anyone has questions.

hopefully, yes

okay thanks

how do you do it?

(money, language barrier, places to go, how to live etc etc)

Drove all the way to Uruguay once. It was comfy desu, slept in the car, spent a day driving around Montevideu, visited some places and then drove back home.

I spent 5k AUD (4K USD) all inclusive.

I couchsurf a lot. Eat only street food. Drink only water or specialty drinks (not a drinker unless an old man from countryside offers moonshine from a re-used water bottle - always going to have a good time doing that). Cheapest hostels (or go to a smaller city and pay less for a private hotel because fuck hostels). Walk everywhere, otherwise public transport or transport you dont see any other foreigner using. Do everything that's free. Spend your time reading books and getting high off Vietnamese coffee. Go on tinder "dates" (I use it to meet locals) where the girl pays for you (rules 1 and 2). Spend half of your day sightseeing and the other half relaxing.

I buy the cheapest ticket to the first country, all subsequent transport is cheapest public transport (but within good reason)

Find a couchsurf host for the first 5days or book a hostel for the first night (use hostelworld to look at where the majority of hostels are then go there in person and find the cheapest, there's always a cheaper option that's not available online)

Then... just go explore. Meet local people through apps and they show you little cool places.

rinse/repeat

Attached: 13392267_10207634253347266_5679463849273515028_o.jpg (1080x720, 78K)

I went to Vancouver by myself. It was ok, I think I'd rather just keep the money in savings than do it again though.

Did you get laid?

all this just with knowing English? even in remote zones?

How can you feel safe going to hostels? Seems really dirty and dangerous.

yes, a few times with different girls but I also ended up staying in their cities longer/going travelling a bit with them - no one night stands. I didn't have sex with a few people who I could've too (we were sleeping in the same bed) - one even was literally begging for it.

Yeah I only know English, usually I don't go too remote, if I do its with a local person who is guiding me through that area - I've had a lot of locals take me around on their motorcycles. Otherwise in smaller cities (like, no other foreigners there cities) I just point at what people are already eating and just stick my index finger up to mean I want one. I have a calculator up on my phone and show them some money to ask how much it is. Accommodation usually has some basic communication or again I get a local who does speak the language help barter the price down.

Technology has changed travelling so much. Tinder, Couchsurfing, HelloTalk, Tandem, Baddoo, you can find some highschooler or university student who knows enough English to walk around and get a juice or coffee.

pic related, went with a group of university students in Vietnam to some place to eat seafood next to a little waterfall area.

Attached: 13256155_1091478594259130_2652288592758939446_n.jpg (960x720, 75K)

>How can you feel safe going to hostels

Mate hostels aren't the start of it. I meet strangers off of Tinder and Couchsurfing and crash at their place.

Yeah... I went from Buenos Aires to Santiago in my motorbike, it was awesome and met a lot of people

Badaaaaaaaasss
I want to do something like that

4k? Wtf that's what I spent in 15 days in Colombia

stop staying in expensive lodging, taking tuk tuks, going out partying, eating food that isn't put on folding tables, shopping, and hiring guides/tours.

I don't know how you can spend 4k USD in Cambodia in 15 days... crazy mate. Hope you enjoyed it either way.

Do it man its great

I moved here alone so technically

>(we were sleeping in the same bed) - one even was literally begging for it.
Story time

woops misread Colombia / Cambodia... same thing ;)

I've seen too many horror movies to not fear to get chopped by a malaysian drug lord

>Do it man its great
i don't follow rules 1 and 2 so it probably won't be as fun for me desu

>shared memories and experiences, which are really the only thing worth living for.

Well, that's just a downright un-American notion.

Well I went with friends and they wanted to go to an all inclusive... wasted money. I mean sadly I work full time and have 3 weeks of holidays per year I don't care spending extra money on having a good time in those days but I had no idea you could travel so much time with that money.... really makes you think. Maybe next year when I quit my shitty office job

Was in Cambodia being hosted by this Cambodian chick. She was a freak. Literally came up when I was going to sleep another part of her house first night trying to get it on. Fooled around a little but I didn't let it progress further. Just turned her on too much and so she was like that blue-balled guy you see in shitty American movies. "Come onnnnnn, just stick it in a little!" kind of crap. That's it. A few not-as-aggressive transgressions like that with other girls. Not a fan of hypersexuality some girls have where all they talk about is how much sex they have or everything related to it - not a fan of it on guys either. Had some Chinese-ethnic Indonesian girl (got paid as a model - but thats not saying much) who I shared bed/accomm with talk about how she liked a particular chocolate because she once melted it over a guys dick and sucked him off. Randomly met a Lao girl who was long staying in a hotel room which had 2 beds, I started talking to her at the lobby (she was using the wifi) and she said I could stay in the room with her. She actually didn't come back to the room (she said she was going drinking wit her friends and had to see her mum the next day or something) so I stayed in her room where I left money for 1 nights stay, then stayed another night without paying because I'm a badass like that. She left her bag/passport in the room so I just locked the key she gave me in the room and went to the next city.

Fun stuff.

did a euro tour, back packed by myself , landed in Ireland and visited all the countries from ireland to poland.

it was great , met many cool people and met friends but tiring though because I had an itinerary of many countries i wanted to see within 2 month of travel so I was always on my feet and waking up early to get to the destination.

What I learned from this is that it's better to travel to just one for 2 months and get a feel of it and travel to many places within that country then to try to travel to 12 countries within 2 months and always feeling like you need to get to the next place and not enjoying your time there.

try to stay present wherever you are

Attached: Alsace.jpg (1920x1200, 632K)

how tall are you?
im a ginger with red hair and blue eyes but im also an uggo. would i still be exotic enough to slam pussy in asia?

Attached: c877bbd3459f33e57b83bb7e7aecff07.jpg (645x773, 38K)

flew to colorado by myself and rode the train back
flew to ottawa and went overland to st john's
travelling is too expensive here, by the time I pay for accommodation I just want to stay in my room, slowly learning spanish so I can go further south

Piss off, you degenerate shithead.

go fuck yourself Chang

>flag
>piss off

Attached: disgust pepe.png (1000x700, 101K)

Backpacker scum are no better than homeless

Dirty begpackers make the best tourists. Close to zero contribution to the local economy while smelling like a hot dumpster full of diapers. Obligatory dreadlocks and elephant pants

179cm

No idea mate. You'll be exotic but ;ooks can only get you so far - are you funny, charming, have standards?

I had another australian guy, 3 Korean girls and a Japanese girl over at my place last night for drinks and they were calling me Casanova, saying I am flirting too much, etc... and yet they all wanted me to give them a massage (started by giving the guy a massage first). They all sent me a message saying thanks for such a great time, Japanese girl thanks me for respecting her and taking care of her, one of the Korean girls said I healed her feelings.

I am always just being me, and I treat people the same. I have no intentions of making a move on any of these girls. Don't put the pussy on the pedestal - don't bend over to try and seduce a girl. I've never paid for a girls meal in my life - while many girls have paid for mine, without me ever bringing it up. I do cook a mean meal though - Korean girl said the Japchae I made was the best she's ever had.

You won't die sleeping in your car

Baby I'm coming to Hong Kong this year. I will stay for free. I will eat your cheap ass food. I will climb your mountains. I will flirt with your women.

I host in my own country, and other countries I've lived in. I have had Indonesian, Korean, Singaporean, European, Malaysian, etc stay in my home. I've met up and hung out with lots of people from all over the world. I host a culural/language exchange in my city that gets 50+ people every week and try and be inclusive to every expat/foreigner/traveller/international student.

This, backpackers are fucking horrid.

>179cm
that's why
>are you funny, charming, have standards?
none of that really matters unless you have the looks to make it through the door

leave a crack in your window, in fact they have special things you can put on your car window to only let air in and no bugs/water,etc in.

fucking based
you're doing god's work user, if you ever decide come to Latin America make a thread on Jow Forums about it and I'll let you crash at my place anytime

jesus fuck m8... you really trust people do you?
i would never do all the shit you said you did specially in a chink desease ridden shithole
i guess that's just a consecuence of living in a 3rd world cunt, you just don't trust strangers like that
hopefully you don't get killed on your next trip Aussiebro, be safe

Yeah I don't see how you can let strangers come into your home just out of the blue like that? What if they were murderers? Or if you go to a host family and they were murderers or something?

This only works if you're a decent looking young white male in Asia. No way you could do this in US/Canada/Europe/Africa. Latin America is just too dangerous and adults live with their family for a long time.

We'll see. I'm moving to Finland next year and might buy a motorcycle and hit up East Europe after my military service. Europe is actually the most active place for hitchhiking/host services.

Of course, why wouldn't I? Stop reading Jow Forums & Jow Forums and stop living in fear. I will keep safe for you Chile~

Thanks man. I have no plans for Latin America for next few years but I'll always keep in mind my Peruvian Jow Forums brother while I learn to dance and eat fruits in Peru!

>Stop reading Jow Forums & Jow Forums and stop living in fear
i swear m8 you 1st worlders think like children

If I went to Chile I'd stay with my Chilean friends or find someone trustworthy.

Do you think AirBnB is unsafe? It's the same thing.

He's not wrong. I've lived in extremely dangerous parts of the world without any issue. As long as you have a shred of common sense and trust your gut in shifty situations you'll be fine
Haha m8 you seem like a high tier normie or chad what are you doing in this place
Was the cambo one qt?

alri chad

>Was the cambo one qt?
Not my type, if she was I might've gone further.

>Haha m8 you seem like a high tier normie or chad what are you doing in this place

I've just gotten older. I was browsing Jow Forums since 2005 when I was 14-15 up until about 2015 with years on/off. I actually hadn't been on Jow Forums since Moot sold it until a few days ago. I am definitely turning normie/chad status these days. Girls would always say I was a player and I was still just above kissless virgin. Only been halfway chad status since a few years ago. Now I'm reddit tier trash.

ok m8 just be safe

I've noticed that as well. The older I get the more I get comfortable in my own skin and do better with women.

What's the most dangerous situation you've been in tho?

Thanks m8 remember to keep your thoughts and prayers with me

SEA isn't very dangerous. The most dangerous things are bad footpaths/roads, wild dogs, and crazy traffic.

Once when I was staying at this Vietnamese girls place with her family they were having this big event to remember the past lives of their grandparents. I fell asleep in a room full of women and woke up with this 1 older guy in the room. He came over and reached over and touched my dick (guess he wanted to see if I was hard?) then I turned around and he went in again and I pushed him off. I got up and went to leave the room and he had it locked. I pushed him to the side and left the room. That was it.

Nothing overly dangerous situations though. I'm not that much of a thrill seeker - I don't drink and never rented a motorcycle while in SE Asia. I'm overly cautious one would say. I just make sure I'm back at my accommodation/somewhere not in the wild alone by dark. I've walked through slummy areas at night though.

i've never travelled any other way. move to colorado alone then to ca, then to mi and then philly. it was lame. everything is always way lamer than you expect it to be. mexicans bring chickens on busses btw. and you can't haul weed on a bus i watched multiple people go to prison for that. also busses are gay and you should fly everywhere or get a car. also everywhere is equally hard to live in. and women think you're weird everywhere. and if you don't talk at least once every couple hours people think you're a serial killer.

>I'm moving to Finland
The fuck you are.

I had hunch about this while reading your vomiting. Of course. There's a million of you niggers here already so it isn't really a surprise anymore. A nightmare it is.

Stay the fuck out! We are full.

sorry mate already a citizen of Finland. I'm going to soak up your Kela welfare system, get free education, and marry a non-white just to muddy up my Finnish lineage.

Finnish lineage from a whore mother doesn't count or mean shit. You are just a nigger.

Make the world a favor and just kys today.

If he's a Finnish citizen there's nothing you can do.

>I'm going to soak up your Kela welfare system, get free education, and marry a non-white just to muddy up my Finnish lineage.
Why do this? This should literally be considered an act of terrorism kys

because I like myself some colour.

I took a tent and I biked 3 months through France. Slept in fields. Most beautiful time I can remember.
It was in 2010, before the african conquest, though. I don't think I'd do it today.

Attached: 1508264560571.jpg (830x608, 175K)

>SEA isn't very dangerous
What about South India or Africa?

South India wasn't dangerous, stayed with a few Indian different guys, was there during the demonetization and an Indian guy and his friend helped me get money I could use in Tamil Nadu so I could continue travelling. Met a gorgeous Indian chick in Pondicherry (literally would get stared at by men as we walked around) but she was having some relationship problems that me getting in there too would've made worse. Stayed with an Indian chick for a few weeks in Bangalore and we had something going but I came back to Australia. We talked everyday for 6months after I left. Great girl. India was great for the little I saw of it.

never been to Africa so can't say.

>but she was having some relationship problems that me getting in there too would've made worse
Should have tried your luck anyway and pushed them to split. Every man for himself desu.

Why? sex isn't worth putting someone else in to hardship.

Fuck them. Life is all about satisfying your own whims.

>What I learned from this is that it's better to travel to just one for 2 months and get a feel of it and travel to many places within that country then to try to travel to 12 countries within 2 months and always feeling like you need to get to the next place and not enjoying your time there
Well done for realising that, I don't know why yanks spend 2 weeks visiting various countries rather than going to one specific country.

I was in Italy alone for a week. It was cool, but also annoying because some girls laughed at me. Dumb sluts.

>because some girls laughed at me
beause you were alone?

Max Stirner?

I don't know why. Maybe they knew that I'm a kraut

Yeah I hitchhiked through Romania, Germany and France in 2012/2013. It was hard but it was worth it.

Going to the supermarket is already an adventure for me

>travelling alone

lmao.

When I was 18 I traveled by bus to another city long far away without money. Nothing happens. I lived few days in some "vpiska" appartment (dont know how to translate) and then went back by some organization bus without ticked (I told I was son of one of their employee)

Drove west once. The road ended and I didn't hit the ocean and I live in California.

Our ancestors were better than we are.

We are weak.