Why is Mexican culture so patriarchal?

Why is Mexican culture so patriarchal?

Attached: 20180519_191047.png (1080x1566, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xCCstr60vQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Women are born to serve.

Wtf i love mexico now

Because we're a third world shithole influenced by Catholicism and Spain

Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

estos chicanos bvoludo JKASJKASJK

what's the joke here, I don't speak american

BASED

if you're hungry get in here because i won't serve you.

nancy, if you're hungry then come get it cause i'm not giving you shit

why are mexicans so mean to their qt daughters

Attached: KDsRgPOk_400x400.jpg (400x400, 23K)

i find old women in any family seem to dislike their female descendants. it happens in my family too. pretty sure its a jealousy thing.

Me and my dad literally beat up my mom if she doesnt serves us

BASED

based post

As far I'm concerned you are Mexico, but with less Cola.

Based mexicans, she must know her place

The hell is wrong with that? She gave that cunts dad a little treat.

I can't read Mexican.
Also, I don't care about Mexican culture.

Catholism. A woman's sole purpose is to produce as many blue eyed white children that resemble the baby Jesus as possible; if she fails to do this the least she can do is cook meals for Daddy and keep the mut children entertained with horror films.

Good to hear, I have a newfound respect for the Portuguese.

Bad post

Not jealosy put culture of "oppressing" women so they wont become self centered sluts like the dumb bitch in the OP . It works pretty fucking well actually. memes aside the average mexican girl is more prudent about sex than an american or european girl

Attached: mexican couple.jpg (640x640, 73K)

Last month after I was finished eating on a family dinned, grand said out loud "user, you don't need to wash your dishes, there are too many women here". My female cousins got really mad and I kek'd.

casual sexism is thriving in brazil, how sad

mine always suggests i do the cleaning or other femme shit cuz she thinks i'm gay.

did they do the cleaning?

Didn't say I don't like Mexicans OwO

My mom washed mine for me.

>eating on a family dinner, grandma said out loud
fixed, fucking autocorrect

no, they're not. you're a retarded chi. kill yourself.

she's not wrong

Ahh yes. That's why I loved my granny, every time my sisters did some shit or didn't do chores while staying with her she would give them shit, meanwhile if I ever did anything bad or just lazed around, she would say nothing and would spoil me instead.

>mfw abuelita gives me all the platanos and leaves none for mommy

Attached: 1523679693644.jpg (328x350, 23K)

shes trying to frame it in a discriminatory "men are bad" way i think

based

how soft is your skin?

do you have the body language of a gay
or is it just because you never had a gf

but then daddys usually spoil their daughters anyway

The grandma probably just hates her because she's an annoying brat.

never understood these mexican family struggles, my parents would break the jaw of anybody that dares to tell my sister to serve him.

>mexican
>culture

based

That's more of a white American thing. At least to the extent you're probably thinking of.

Manbaby.

You probably got ya momma to do it for you?

this only goes to proof Mexican culture is not a pathriarcal one, abuelitas always have the last word, and wont play made for their fucking nietas huevonas.

in any case we are an abuelitarchal

my mom has told me several stories of how my grandma treated her half-brother (whose a fucking loser) better than her

>Cooking for family members is patriarcal

Attached: you fucking pussy.jpg (1080x1078, 638K)

>her grandma doesn’t have a personal maid which she can order around instead of having her female offsprings work for her

better being a Latino MANbaby than a a wh*te soyBOY

you do the dishes while your wife is getting railed by her boyfriend?, thats just how family gatherings go around here, woman cook, serve and do the dishes while gossiping and shit, man drink eat and watch sports and chill and everything is organized by the oldest living female of the family wich everyone refers to as abuelita+her actual name (regardless if she is the actual grandma of the person talking to her).

when we do carnes asadas is different the alpha male of the family (either the oldes living one or the one making more money) will handle the grill while the other males assist him by making sure he always have a beer in his hand and bringing spatulas and shit to him, in those cases no one cleans because we use disposable dishes

t. norteño subhuman

Guadalajara master race, we also have carnes asadas (but yes part of my family is from sonora so...)

Same. I don't get why some Mexicans think it's acceptable to talk down to any woman they come across. Seems like it's very prevalent among people from Michoacan and Sinaloa. My family are CHI fags and have got into fights with other Mexican people who've spoken to my mom and sister poorly and "tried to put them in their place" yet a lot of Mexicans seem to have this bizarre babied yet overbearing view thinking it's fine to be abjectly condescending and domineering towards anyone with a vag. My family are Indios and aren't Catholic so presume I presume it has something to do with social roles impressed by Catholic gender norms.

Attached: firewater.png (443x516, 316K)

is more about clan membership to be honest, if a dad put a daughter in her place so to speak no one cares, but ig it is an outsider many will loose their shit "que le dijiste a mi hermana/tia/mama/prima/sobrina pinche puto?" just how it goes

YOU SHOW RESPECT TO MY FEMALE, BRO.

youtube.com/watch?v=xCCstr60vQg

kek stick a bad undercut, a BMW hat and some shitty tattoos on that taller dude and that's pretty much 100% what the men in my family look and act like.

IRL, I think it's completely correct to call people out on shit if they're harassing a family member.

>thinks

American Latinas like this are the absolute worst. I fucking despise them with every fiber of my being.

t. Fernando Martinez

Attached: fernando_top.jpg (631x411, 46K)

fernando is supposed to be spanish

Please, that behavior is far more common in the south

>It's in a Walmart

Attached: mutt.png (547x433, 16K)

incredibly. i lotionize like a mofo. i dress nice to and i'm thin.
i have a gf and they've met. she just doesn't buy i'm straight because no kids and we aren't married.

honestly its just the autism. i don't speak more than few words a day and she always thinks i'm hiding something.

Seems like it's common in rural uneducated areas anywhere in Mexico desu.

I grew up in mexico till I was 16 faggot. women do get "opressed" my mother would tell me when she was younger she was never allowed to leave her house but her brothers were allowed to , and it is still like that today not as much though, youre a stupid macho faggot if you dont see it. or a stupid liberal chilango who's entirley different from the rest of mexico

Sounds like Papa José takes care of his momma and she takes care of her son.

Nancy wouldn’t be complaining if she wasn’t such a thot getting dicked all over town

My remark was referring to the fact that a lot of Mexican men think it's totally acceptable to just be a fucking entitled creep around women and harass them as if it was a normal type of behavior.

I live in an area which has a lot of people from Durango, Jalisco, Sinaloa, Michoacan, Edomex and dudes from Sinaloa and Michoacan in particular pull this shit all the time.

kek

yeah sinaloenses and michoacanos are known womanizers, even amongst mexicans

Soy español, indio sucio.

Attached: spen_0.png (822x1274, 1.57M)

thats just a foreign thing. Europeans are the exact same they always border on rapey. its like how dennis uses the "implication". french people cannot take no for an answer pepe la pew was a thing for a reason.

When i say that i'm too lazy to wash dish and girl should do that.All female and male relatives attack me saying boys should also do those task that women do

Attached: 1496530992255.png (249x253, 100K)

we are?
t. michoacan

Abuelitas hold tons of power. But yeah, gender roles are clear.
Not for too long though, trendy young liberals (bast majority at least in major cities) are all for equality and shit.

what do they do? do they bother non-mexican women as well?

lol thank god. be glad you're society keeps your women constrained

kill yourselves

I dont think it's necessarily bad since it makes less sluts and more house wifes but it is pretty shitty for women.

I love how that's your argument every time you cant think of anything because your poor brain is poisoned with lead. kek

lol no. They're subhumans who listen to banda and think they're narcos.

Yes, very creepy unsuccessful womanizers at that. They're usually chubby manlets whom make creepy comments about women two levels more attractive than them, then get pissed and swear once they're rejected. Kinda like how American hicks act but way more persistent and aggressive.

The only Mexican dudes I ever see with American women are the one's who don't act like creepy lecherous macho wannabe womanizers.

I got my hot wh*toid gf by being normal and only being a perv once I knew her interest was reciprocated.

Never known any French who act like this. Have come across a lot of Italians and Persians who pull the same shit though.

Are you a virgin?

Attached: pineapple on hotdogs.jpg (749x745, 382K)

I think she is pointing out that it's kind of shitty that grandma went all out to spoil her male son but doesn't give a fuck about her grand daughter eating. I can empathize with that.

look i woudlnt call it patriarchal....

its hard to explain but ill try, what we have here i would call it a matriarchally imposed machismo, see unlike muslims for example females do have their preserve of power and that is the household, in classical mexican gender roles males are no much more than breadwinners, but preetty much the entirety of child education is a female task, she is the one teaching both the boys and the girls how they are supposed to behave in any way, she is the one deciding who gets to get out and who dosent and under wih conditions, the one that teaches sexual values, the one that perpetrates the idea of being a "decent lady".

dads roles in the more classical mexican cultural setting have to provide, make sure everyone is clothed and fed, when it comes to their interaction with their kids there are two very different ways of doing so, daughters most be spoiled to no end, they are the princesses, she most never do anything unpleasant for her, everything she wants she gotta get at whatever cost it comes for the father, boys they get shit from their dads, they have to be broken into manhood, life is though, they have to learn the value of work, be called out on anything their dad deems unmanly, expressions of affection are reduced to the bare minimun, you want to get spoiled? thats moms job, and not much so cause if you hug your boys too much "they will turn into faggots".

the utmost figure of respect in any family is always the grandma, not grandpa, he can be cool or not but no one cares what he has to say, dosent matter how hard you act in your house, if an abuela calls you on your shit you put your head down and do whatever she commands, cause at the end the ones running the show are woman, how come they choose to run it in such a sexist fashion is beyond my knowledge

>Post in english, quote isn't
Dumb woman

look is simple, males are spoiled by their female family members, females are spoiled by their male family members, its just how it is.

grandma cooked cool shit for me and my male cousins and let us run wild in her house, grandpa came and disciplined us

grandpa showered all his granddaughters with gifts at every chance, grandma came to disciplined them

its a ying and yang kind of shit

If a great grandma is alive does she get to boss the grandma around?

as the family head starts getting older she starts grooming the next woman to become hot shit, if she gets to be a great grandma she probablly is too old to boss people around and has already trained one of her daughters or nieces to do so

lel that's fucking retarded. No wonder so many Mexican men are pussywhipped and always trying to start fights and act fake manly and confrontational over dumbshit then break down into being emotional little bitches when shit goes south. Explains the passive aggressive woman hate too.

My family are a mix of Chilangos and Tepehuanes and don't have family dynamics like that at all and I've always wondered why hick Mexicans act so bizarrely but that explains so much.

Attached: mexico_city_park.jpg (640x360, 44K)

>look is simple, males are spoiled by their female family members, females are spoiled by their male family members

yeah but the same dad is usually stricter with the female about dating and meeting men in comparison with their sons. as it should be . this equality shit we have in the usa is fucking stupid and leads bitches to get fucked and dumped by chads. wouldnt happen if the dad completely forbids that shit

>using macho as a pejorative
Kys, you giant faggot.

I get that there are cultural differences, I also can empathize with a second generation or third generation immigrant bristling at that cultural difference. She probably grew up around a bunch of white girls whose family relationships arent similar to the traditional Mexican family.and isn't old enough to really understand how differently family is structured in the US.

>why do moms take care of their sons waaah!
Fuck this cunt.

t. failed malewhore

>this equality shit we have in the usa is fucking stupid and leads bitches to get fucked and dumped by chads. wouldnt happen if the dad completely forbids that shit

>incels actually believe this shit

Teaching your kids how to recognize and protect against shitty people and then giving them agency to make informed decisions is how shit works out.

Forbidding just leads to buthurt repressed women and daughters end up stupid and stuck in bad relationships when their parents couldn't be bothered to parent them correctly and teach them how to identify better people.

were you born in mexico?

No, but most of my family was born in DF.

yeah thats why i pointed it was more of a classical Mexican thing, the less rural the place the less this dynamics are present, i am from Guadalajara, my dads family is from the city, but my moms is from los altos de Jalisco, i get to see a bit of both worlds

based

Why are grandmothers always so based? It seems like that generation (those born prior to WW2 I guess) was the last where feminity was actually appreciated and women strived to be actual women (rather than failed men).

>Tepehuanes
Injuns?

Correct.

Attached: bandera_de_indigenas_mexi.png (904x534, 13K)

ok Dr. phil

tits or gtfo

Women
Belong
In
The
Kitchen