Slavic language: natural language or an invented one?

What Slavic language feels natural and is not completely filled with foreign loanwords or simply made up words?

Church Slavonic was obviously artificial attempt at making all Slavs speak and uderstand one common language, kind of Esperanto of the old millennia.

And now we have a big list of modern Slavic languages:
Polish
Czech
Slovak
Slovenian
Croatian
Serbian
Bulgarian
Russian
Belarussian
Ukrainian

So which of these surviving languages still have some kind of natural feel to them?

Attached: slavic clothing.jpg (253x383, 35K)

As i know Croatian is more similar to our first language version. Not sure is it truth, tho

I expected an American flag

there will be a thread of posting pics with cherrypicked lists of words which ""prove"" that x is not slavic

If you think about it. Every word is a made up word.

>What Slavic language feels natural and is not completely filled with foreign loanwords or simply made up words?

all Slavic languages are pretty much the same

This is true but "naturally" they evolved in such a way that there wasnt a Church or whatever forcing people to use certain words for certain things.

So languages which were 2000 years ago in very same state as today, are more "natural" than "modernized" languages

And like I mentioned Esperanto, it is totally artificial. And so might be Church Slavonic.
And then there are bastard languages like English which formed from the merging of 2-3 different languages.

*serbian

Yes, and it's most beautiful language ever. (But their music is shit)

>modernized
I'd call it "globalized"

Not really. I'd split them into three groups. South, West and East. One languages within the same group can be intelligible to some extent with the others but beyond that group their intelligibility fades.

I don't actually speak these languages so I cant say anything about their mutual intelligibility.

But I can say what they do sound like:

Polish=gibberish with weird nasal sounds and very alien word stress

Russian=some common latin/greek etc. words thrown together with a slavic language so it becomes more understandable because English has many of the sames, in addition there is words used in Finnish here and there as a result of Finnish having quite many Russian loanwords
Still, the Russian way of pronouncing almost any kind of word is a bit strange, especially some vocals end up strange but consonants feel more natural

Czech/Slovak=somekind of slavic/germanic hybrid with the usual latin loanwords known from most languages, these languages at least are possible to pick up by the ear when you listen to them since word stresses are normal and there is also the interesting habit of these languages to form Finnish like words, eventough they mean completely different things. One difference from Finnish styled words is the heavy use of consonants and limited use of vocals though.

But as I understand it, Polish words are many times understandable to Czech and vice versa. But Polish is incomprehensible because of the word stress they use.

Czech and Slovak barely have any German origin words anymore, a lot of them got purged. Polish is onlh vaguely related to Czech, Czech is much more complex and is the hardest Slavic language. In my Czech language class, the Pole and Russian were completely lost and frusterared, only the Slovak understood

>Still, the Russian way of pronouncing almost any kind of word is a bit strange
You might find Bulgarian a bit more "normal" in that regard, try listening to something Bulgarian.

So biased. What sounds normal to you may seem weird to others. I speak some conversational Russian and can understand a fair amount of Polish. But to me Bulgarian just sounds backwards just like any other southern language.
Polish may seem difficult at first but again, in my opinion it's much easier on the ears rather Czech and southern tongues. Also its stress is fixed on the penultimate syllable.

Mikka hikka pytamyitta perkele

You're stupid, Serbian music is literally the peak of culture, the best bands I've ever heard are Serbian.

Have you ever listened to Kerber?

But yeah, Serbian/Croatian as a language is the simplest, most logical and best sounding Slavic language.

*croatian

not the same guy
but i agree with him

bulgarian is very likely the simplest slavic language

Attached: 1437602622602.jpg (928x688, 221K)

Attached: slav language family tree.jpg (718x409, 72K)

Attached: 1408554744439.png (464x1236, 46K)

But church Slavonic isn't artificial. It's just the language spoken by Slavs in Thessaloniki and nearby villages. It wasn't meant to be any artificial language because Cyril and Methodius weren't really linguists. It was understandable for all Slavs because in 9th-10th centuries all Slavic languages were still quite similar to each other.

>articles
>tens of prepositions instead of case endings
>million tenses

More like "the most similar to English" but not the simplest

Attached: the real slavic tribes.gif (1280x1024, 454K)

>Cases Yes (1)
>Genders Yes (5)
the fuck