Turku is the best Finnish city

Turku is the best Finnish city

Attached: kevaan_saapuminen_turkuun_19032015_21.jpg (1200x800, 339K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turku
fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikkeli#Historiaa
abo.fi/utbildningslinjer/?fwp_study-programme-type=kandidat&fwp_paged=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's the story on that name?

Ancient Russian word for marketplace or trading post or something like that.

>The Finnish name Turku originates from an Old East Slavic word, tǔrgǔ, meaning "market place"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turku

>Turku
Never heard of. Why did you post a picture of Åbo though?

Attached: turkkunen.jpg (1920x1142, 454K)

Åbo is based. Went there drinking at metal clubs and I could just speak Swedish everywhere

Really? Was the gig at Kåren or somewhere similar place?

Hard to believe that everyone could speak Swedish.

I lived there for almost a decade and still visit the town once in a while.

but i don't like getting stabbed

If you're a girl you can get raped instead

Turku is known from one the bestests moldy cheese

Attached: aura cheese.jpg (800x600, 82K)

also very good mustard

but everything else about the place stinks

Attached: punaiset.png (301x255, 28K)

Turun Sinappi tasted better when it was made by Poles

>I could just speak Swedish everywhere

Really? I have lived my whole life in Turku and you can consider yourself lucky if you hear swedish. The swedish speaking population is like 5% + the fennoswedes who come here to study.

Turku is the fagtown of Finland. Most of the girls there date foreigners too.
What a mätäpaise.

weird but true

it is still ok, can't find any better for the same price, Estonian mustards are great but usually not sold here

They study in Turku because there is completely Swedish speaking University for them in there

It is also the only university in Finland where you can study Pharmacy in Swedish language

>he went to university to become a drug dealer

Turku is the asshole of Finland. A real shitstain.

As long as we beat Tampere it's okay

Is Helsinki the gayest city in Finland?

Do turks live there?

Hm, we still have the word "torg" which means bragaing and "torgovat' " means to trade

targ means marketplace in polish
targować się means discussing the price

Don't remember the name of the place and to be honest it was mostly the bartenders and other service personnel that knew Swedish. I had to speak English with most other people

Torg is also a marketplace or city center in Swedish. We slav naow?

So slav BULLS taught you how to trade I guess

I stayed in Turku for two semesters
Why do you think it was so great?

I was born there. I'm eternally thankful of not being from T*mpere.

unironically there are at least a thousand Turkish Tatars living in Turku and they arent even newcomers but they came in 18th century

And everyone from Tampere would say they are thankful for not being from Turku

This is why Juväsyla is great, nobody has true hatred for it, altough it isnt loved either by anyone

What happens in Jyväskylä?

I've liked living in Turku for the past year. I won't be sorry when I go back to Sweden next month though.

>From Old Norse torg, from Old East Slavic тъpгъ (tŭrgŭ, “trade, trading, commerce; (trade) square”), from Proto-Slavic *tъrgъ. Cognate with Danish torv and Icelandic torg (“a square”).
Yes

Last winter you complained how fucking depressing it is here, or is there more than one of you?

Isn't it pretty much Swedish?

No

It was Swedish for hundreds of years. Then subhumans invaded and only 5% are Swedish now. And now those subhumans complain about muslims doing the same.

It used to be before the Finnish immigrant hordes invaded.

>Τurku
LOOOOOOL SIGA MHN EINAI KAI TOY ALBANOY

the coat of armaments had Swedish colors up until last year when the colors were changed (but the logo stayed the same)

Attached: normal_Turun_vaakuna.jpg (899x600, 267K)

Kys. It might be founded by swedes and people used to speak swedish more but same people have been living in that area for thousands of years.

This, at least 30% of the citizens were always Finnish speakers and Finns founded Turku city in the year 1200 or something, not Swedes.

Swedes simply took into their possession a ready made settlement.

Yeah and the Abos are the true owners of Australia

Attached: aborigine_with_hat_by_gorclegg-d64uwpr.jpg (779x1025, 156K)

But swedes brought enlightenment and culture to these barbaric swamps. Otherwise, you'd be just like your brethren living in Russia.

It's not the same thing. Majority have always been ethnic finns just speaking swedish because it was the officialese back then and it was the capital of the region. The area has the oldest finnish settlements.

Attached: 0cfc4503.jpg (543x897, 93K)

Well there is more than one Swede here, both in Turku and on Jow Forums, but I do think it was me you're thinking of. Or maybe not, hard to say.

It's not.
t.turkulainen

there was no Savonians back then, 1000 years ago

they appeared out of thin air to East Finland in the year 1650-ish

Savonians are mutts of tavastians and karelians, yes. The map dont include savonians because they didnt exist back then.

based North-Turkic's

Mikkeli dates at least to 1300s.
fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikkeli#Historiaa

Helsinki>>>Turku

Attached: hese.jpg (1600x946, 708K)

I thought about studying in Helsingfors instead of Åbo. But I ended up putting Åbo as my first choice because they gave you extra points for being the first choice and I was worried I wouldn't get in to either.

Why the hell did you come here to study in the first place?

Why not? Studying abroad seemed like a fun idea, Finland is supposed to have top tier education, and you can study in Sweden here so it basically takes all of the hassle out of studying in another country. Plus I found programs that appealed to me here that you can only study back home on the master's level, but here they are availiable on bachelor's level.

Okay, when are you leaving?

In little over a week, maybe 4th june. Then I'll probably stay in Sweden over the summer and come back sometime in late august.

Please stay in Sweden. It's so much more interesting and better place.

I still have two years of studying left. After that, meh, I probably won't come back.

Personally I would like a Finnish friend

Okay good.

I have a friend who is a Fennoswede. He speaks perfect Finnish (like all capital area Fennoswedes do) and perfect Swedish with a thick Finnish accent

Attached: Finlands-sak-är-vår-För-en-större-kamp-kom-med-i-Frivilligkåren.jpg (339x480, 34K)

abo.fi/utbildningslinjer/?fwp_study-programme-type=kandidat&fwp_paged=2

I just read what kind of programs they offer, it honestly looks really good. I might actually come and study in Åbo too

STAY AWAYYYYYYY

Attached: angry_pepe.jpg (900x900, 65K)

Rude. We will make Åbo Swedish again.

Why? I am a friendly guy

Attached: söt.png (784x645, 23K)

stop being so xenophobic my man

it's just free education for Swedes who use their education in Sweden provided by our tax payers!

>implying they're not all Savonians there

Is it really free? I know Finns get free education here too so it makes sense I guess

I'm planning on switching majors next semester. I couldn't do it now because you need to study a subject for a while before you can change to it. Probably a good idea since it stops people from changing to a major they've never tried and finding out they hate it. Kind of like exactly what I was worried would happen if I switched. But now I have plenty of time to try it out next term and see if it's really for me.

I dont have anything against swedish people but the swedes here have very toxic attitude towards Finns and Finland and they cant be trusted.

The education is technically free, but at Åbo Akademi you have to pay a membership fee to the student union to be allowed to study there. It costs about 50 euro for two terms.

Alright but you can trust me my mother is Karelian ( unironically )

What major did you pick if you don't mind me asking? I was thinking about choosing farmacology or perhaps bioscience

Cultural analysis. It's fun and interesting, but I thought a different subject might give me better career opportunities after I graduate.

Are there any QT girls?

You have to pay a membership fee for any university. But it's like 100€/year.

Ugliest city with more immigrants than Helsinki. Fuck turku

Attached: turku.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Sure. Less than in Sweden, definitely, but there's plenty of them.

How do people generally treat/view Swedes?

Turku is vastly inferior and butthurt towards our nu-capital

Attached: most livable cities in the world 2017.png (326x533, 75K)

>Helsinki

Attached: d0c00619.jpg (1200x886, 88K)

Cool. What does liveability actually measure though?

Well enough. Finns get kinda awkward around Swedes, seemingly because they are self concious about their Swedish not being good enough. Finlandswedes are regular people, ålänningar being the best since they don't have any annoying finland-isms and just speak standard swedish. Both treat Swedes fine.

What is even in Turku?

I feel like it's ugly af and people speak with horrendous accent and some even speak Swedish

Attached: Southern_Helsinki_panorama_2011-06-28_1.jpg (4856x1720, 2.78M)

Turku accent is not even that bad what they say. Savonian sounds 1000x more retarded. And nobody here speaks like they used to, except some old people.

And what is stadi slang then?

Nobody speaks it. It's a false meme created by the böndes. Only ones who speak it are böndes who move here and try to "fit in" but everyone just laughs at them

"nobody speaks it"
>uses word bönde

Oh...

Attached: cf884ae7.jpg (400x400, 15K)

>he does not live in home of KKK ghost and Finnish amphetamine capitol

Attached: kkk ghost.jpg (960x720, 118K)