DJT - Daily Japanese Thread #2003.5

DJT is a language learning thread designed by and for those studying the Japanese language.
Japanese speakers learning English are welcome, too.

Read the Guide linked below before asking how to learn Japanese:
djtguide.neocities.org/
Check the Cornucopia of Resources before asking where to download X or Y:
djtguide.neocities.org/cor.html

Archive of older threads: desuarchive.org/int/search/subject/Daily Japanese Thread/

Previous Thread:

Attached: U2uvb9M.png (2000x1125, 239K)

Other urls found in this thread:

assets.languagepod101.com/dictionary/japanese/audiomp3.php?kanji=&kana=
reader.roodo.com/shetinya2/archives/25464266.html
forvo.com/word/よっこらしょ/#ja
oshiete.goo.ne.jp/qa/5136871.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: .jpg (942x710, 128K)

still hungover, I haven't even done my reps yet

Attached: 1458612990759.jpg (700x676, 78K)

Sorry for the late reply but, thank you!

>爬
I like this kanji, it looks pretty neat

Attached: 1424888203625.jpg (420x300, 13K)

>齧歯類

I love when you learn a word that seems uncommon and then immediately see it somewhere

Attached: ㊗️46万人🌸】シロがやると言ったらこれしかない!!!🍔【バーガーバ (948x536, 126K)

あーあー、もう入ってきちゃダメだよー
ここはハムスター禁止なんだから

Attached: ハムスター.png (447x216, 19K)

Attached: 1526830159993.jpg (420x300, 17K)

えー、 いいじゃん。ハムスターにだって日本語の勉強をしたい時はあるんだよ?

Attached: .jpg (1280x720, 95K)

Attached: 1111.jpg (601x435, 56K)

Become a Japanese high school student and learn their colloquial terms perfectly.

Attached: F9F152DE-DFD6-4126-A11F-AEF642054F27.jpg (384x384, 32K)

ちょっと何を言っているか分かりませんわ

教えられるぐらい言葉を覚えたんだから次はJKになれって言ってんだよ
ずっとなりたかったんだろ?

Attached: 7DB584DF-D6ED-4F10-8659-9396E67752A1.jpg (322x456, 36K)

えい

Attached: koubi.jpg (600x388, 65K)

>教えられるぐらい言葉を覚えた
日本語ネイティブです。
アンアン(*´Д`)

Zettaini yurusa nai zo Hentai
なら最初から苦労なくJKになれるじゃん

Attached: C656265D-3C58-4DEB-A8F5-56165DE69E32.jpg (371x371, 28K)

やめなさいw

>苦労なくJKになれる
人はJKに生まれるのではありません。JKになるのです。
あなたは体毛処理の苦労を知らないのですか?

Attached: cat hairy chest.jpg (320x320, 19K)

>小林さんちのメイドラゴン
What does ち means here?

Attached: _tooru_kobayashi_san_chi_no_maidragon_drawn_by_kaerunoko_513f742e1bdd2cdd9618ceb1f684c732.png (1026x1580, 1.25M)

It's short for ちち

>家(うち)
>chez

Attached: 1520047069630.gif (255x254, 627K)

>おこた
>Polite (teineigo), Female term or language, See also 炬燵 こたつ

So is it teineigo and used only by females, or is it female use mostly but teineigo if men use it?

Attached: okota-okata-kotatsu.png (1920x1080, 807K)

it's teineigo because of the お and for whatever reason it's a word mostly used by women

Ah, now I see! 御こた ... (つ)

HELP

I need some Chrome or FF extension or any practical way to download Yomi-chan's audio to a folder.
I don't want the auto-card-creation jazz, just the audio file.

Any clue?

Attached: 1510318972856.png (395x500, 249K)

If you so,yfaggots are so great why don't you have your dicussions in Japanese, at least then we'd have good reading practice

If you know some programming, you could could just use japanesepod101's API. That's where Yomichan gets their audio from in the first place.

assets.languagepod101.com/dictionary/japanese/audiomp3.php?kanji=&kana=

If you're looking to do this for your Anki cards, you can export your deck to a text file, parse it and have it DL the audio for each card, add it to the text file in a new field, then import it again. I used to do that back when I used Anki and it worked great.

Well, finally caught up. Never again, I've learned my lesson.

Attached: ow.png (361x125, 28K)

受動的と能動的の能力は全然違う。
大体にDJTの住民は日本語を読んで聴くだけので自分の文を作るの自信を持っていない。
俺も凄く出来ないけど恥知らずの性格のお陰でたまには生ぬるい学んだ文法で何かを書いてみる。

因みに、どうしてこの質問をしたのに英語を使ったの?虚ろな気がする程分かっているだろう。

>you can export your deck to a text file
What? Not all words are pronounced by Jpod, generally I have to sandwich it with some Forvo entries.

What I used to do (before my extensions broke) was use a "media listener" that would grab any media being played on the browser and list it as available for download. I managed to find extensions that do that, but Yomi-chan is not a website so it's not detected by any of them, only the old extension was able to do it.

羹に懲りて膾を吹く。

>"media listener" that would grab any media being played on the browser and list it as available for download

Doesn't about:cache already do the trick for you?

私はあなたの妹を中出す

Attached: 1526809084828.jpg (400x400, 29K)

おこってない

Wouldn't that be に rather than を?

豆乳人

*豆乳彦

あなたは豆乳彦です

>木霊
>古くは木の霊の仕業と考えていたことから
Those silly asians

>learn 133
How? I do 30/day (15 core, 15 mining) and even that is frying my brain. I skipped for a week and spread the catching up over 3 days. I don't skip if I can help it. Had a blazing headache today and still went and studied.

Attached: 1422425561713.png (800x600, 13K)

I did my reps and I still don't know Japanese, help.

never go full ankidrone

Man it's so easy to shit up the /jp/ thread it's not even funny. Well, it kinda is but still.

>涙はまた流れて
>っこから見送るだろう
what the fuck does that second line even mean? please help me i'm stupid

You need to post the context. Post the page if it's from a manga.

it's from a song. here is the last paragraph

>自分を傷つけても 取り戻すこと出来ない
>涙はまた流れて っこから見送るだろう
>全力でただ叫んだ 誰かに届くように
>そんなこと意味はないから
>今日こそは 世界からもう消えよう

here's the full song: reader.roodo.com/shetinya2/archives/25464266.html

I listened to the song. It's just a typo. っこ should be ここ.

well, i thought it sounded kinda weird. but still, i have no idea of what it means. 見送る means "seeing off", but what/who?

Presumably someone she loves. She seems to be singing about herself realizing she fucked up in some way or another, regrets it, but knows it's too late and that that person won't be coming back, so she has no choice but to just watch and cry. Interpreting lyrics isn't my forte, but I believe that should be the gist of it.

hmm, makes sense. thanks.

Attached: 1455168054097.png (361x440, 118K)

毛むくじゃら・・・( ; д)

Is there any difference between pronouncing 家 as いえ or うち? Like, is one more formal or something? From what I understand, uchi is more for your own house and ie is for other people's houses, but I'm not sure.

うち is casual and いえ is formal, that's all. also you can add んち(originated from うち i bet) to the end of someone's name to describe someone's house.

e.g. 田中んち (Tanaka's house) おまえんち(your house) おれんち(my house)

one more trifle. うち can mean also mean a first person, which is supposed to be used by cheerful teenager roasties. i came up with only one character(佐倉蜜柑 from 学園アリス) who adopts it, to the best of my shallow anime knowledge. i believe she does because the mangaka wanted to attach a tint of 天真爛漫 to her character.

Attached: images (17).jpg (317x445, 29K)

And as “うち” is the same pronunciation of kun-yomi of “内”, it SOUNDS like “inside of one’s life territory” while “いえ” more likely means buildings themselves.
And うち is likely to be used for houses of people who are intimate with the speaker.
But those rules could be vague, indeed.

Attached: 7588C0BF-54CA-4664-B69F-6A39551F5D71.jpg (512x288, 38K)

Thank you!

btw do you watch Gundam?

Attached: f8175b425606f4e7a93e2800fa760b77d442cf99.33.2.9.2.jpg (480x314, 35K)

おはようございます

Attached: 1504739780607.jpg (420x700, 44K)

おはようさん

Is it just me or do you guys also have cards that repeat waaaaay too much. Like, even though you send them for a next-month schedule, it appears the following week?

That's impossible, so 2 options:

1. it's a duplicate (there are several of those throughout the core deck)
2. the card has achieved sentience and is trying to get you to notice it, senpai

I choose what I review in the core decks (search and tag for review) + I have mined cards, so having duplicates is close to impossible.

So, that only leaves me with preparing myself for the technological singularity!

I often get the same feeling, but I'm not sure if I'm just imagining shit, I don't have any duplicates as well

No. Why?

alright I'm off for a while, please keep the thread alive if possible

Attached: 1494349930289.gif (630x420, 291K)

いってらっしゃい

Attached: tumblr_ocajy4NHJt1rs4yfmo1_500.gif (500x278, 1.84M)

おこった?

I regret learning jap

It's never too late to stop learning Japanese and start studying other language
bye-bye :)))

How come?

It's only useful when watching anime, reading manga, or fucking with cute Japanese girls other than that, it's not feasible for employment. Japanese companies won't require you to speak Japanese so there's no point learning it.

>there's no point learning it.
>It's only useful when watching anime, reading manga, or fucking with cute Japanese girls
Also you knew that before hand, though, right? If your goal was to learn a language for utility, any widely spoken Euro language or something like Mandarin or Arab would have been a better choice.

Naah, I've come to realize now that language learning is shit and should've focused my wasted 8 years on my hobbies like drawing and Astronomy.

How do I memorize grammar in the Tae Kim guide if I forget what shit like a "transitive verb" is?

The Homer Simpson way: keep looking for simpler explanations.

>learn Mandarin
Someone post the screenshot.

Attached: DismalFilthyAmphibian-max-1mb.gif (320x180, 729K)

You fall in love, you lose
forvo.com/word/よっこらしょ/#ja

Why did DJT become so cancer after leaving /a/ ;_;

Attached: 5.gif (969x700, 645K)

Cancer?

>sleep 5 hours
>92% retention rate with the only failed cards being due to inability to remember english meaning only

Attached: file.png (600x512, 280K)

>Failing cards because can't remember English term
That's bad practice IMO. It makes you more reliant on the idea that there is almost always an English equivalent for every Japanese word, when it is most of the time, a loose fit. The goal is to be able to think in Japanese "naturally", without relying on any translation paths since that will only slow both your reading and output speed.
As long as the core image/idea/concept of the word was thought upon seeing the card, it doesn't matter much if you cannot translate it in English.

Yeah, now it's full of shitposts like , completely meaningless shit like and has next to no interesting discussion.

I mean, the old threads in /a/ had the same problem, but not to this extent.

I think those posts aren't so bad
They are not particularly unpleasant posts
If such comments don't exist, other posts like as "bump" and "age" will be necessary because this thread is easy to down to the achieve.

They are, posting inane shit is just as bad as being unpleasant if not worse.

And the threads didn't really have that problem when in /a/ because people where actually responding to each other and discussing things.

>and has next to zero interesting discussion
I mean, what is there to discuss aside from study methods, grammatical issues, vocabulary nuances, proper translation discussions and the occasional anti-Kanji shitposting?
Also, volume of people seems to be the biggest issue here. There's not much to discuss when there aren't new unique posters to stir up a potentially good discussion.

Isn't ん simply an extremely commonly used "abbreviation" of の here?
So the reading of 家 in that context would be ち, right?

Um...
In other words, would you like to say that posts which are posted in this thread should be more related to this thread?

Well you mentioned a lot already, that should be enough to keep some conversation going. In addition you'd have suggestions for reading material, and discussion of that, people bragging about progress, jlpt and other tests, anki related stuff. There are lots of things to talk about

I guess the amount of people could be an issue.Can't remember how many individual posters there used to be though.

Yes. Very much so.

>俺ん家(ち)
→ 俺の家(いえ)

>お前ん家(ち)
→ お前の家(いえ)

oshiete.goo.ne.jp/qa/5136871.html
「○○さんの家」という意味で「~んち」と言いますか?
>ち【家】(語素)「うち(家)」が助詞「の」と熟して変化したもの。「ぼく(僕)んち」「かれ(彼)んち」など。(小学館「国語大辞典」)

I'm not sure I understand your point in my context if I'm honest. What is bad practice? I'm just doing core atm

>What is bad practice?
Pressing [Again] when you don't know the English translation of the card, but know what it is in your mind.

If you meant that you press [Again] because you have no idea what the card means, then disregard what I said earlier.

It's mainly the latter but I'll keep what you said in mind for the future.

Thanks. I'm reading your post correctly in that it exactly says what I said, right?

So it seems like a lot of shit happened in the rikai chan/kun space

What's the best tool nowadays? Is it yomichan?

Yes
And I made a mistake
Sorry desu

>俺ん家(ち)
→ 俺の家(うち)

>お前ん家(ち)
→ お前の家(うち)

I've been using rikaichamp with firefox. By and large it's good but some websites fuck with it a little. Quick toggle on and off fixes it though. Haven't tried yomichan.

日本語スレッドが立てないから、ここで宣言していただきます。
数日前にJow Forumsとの戦いの間で有名な基地がイの真似をしたり、恒久バンを受けてしまった。
今後日本語スレッドで一日に投稿できないこととなった

you don't memorize grammar, you get used to it

これだからtripfagは…