Considering studying abroad in Germany...

Considering studying abroad in Germany. Heard from someone that they're offering scholarships for engineers from overseas. Is this true?
How would this process go?

Attached: download (1).jpg (299x168, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

daad.de/deutschland/stipendium/en/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tbh I don't like the german style of teaching and examination
Are you already a college student or a high school student?

daad.de/deutschland/stipendium/en/

College.
I would also consider Portugal since that's where my family is from but I don't like Portuguese women.

Interesting

Check your own college international offers so you can get an american degree in the end.

So I guess then the plan would be to intern here for 2 summers, and then study abroad in Germany for one of my senior year semesters whilst also interning abroad.

Why, out of interest? Do you prefer your "grades are set so someone allways has to fail" System?

We don't have 1 system. Every college has its policies and failure rate here isn't big. I hate how finals exams are so important in german colleges. Also alot of classes don't have a lab section for some wierd reason.
Lol internships are not thaaaat important. But yeah that's a nice plan, don't overdo it.

To be fair finals are also important here. In some of my classes, for example calculus 2 and 3, you had to pass the final regardless of what your first 2 or 3 exam scores were.

It's more important in Germany. I did one semester in TUM. They didn't even had midterms or labs for physics.
Also like I said it depends on the college, mine doesn't require you to pass the finals to pass the whole course.

Ok, I agree with that. The Problem is they expect you to be dedicated, dilligent students with a sense of responsibility.
I remember from my time at Uni that this is a big Thing to ask from Young People. including me there. Was a lazy fucker sometimes and tortured myself by procrastinating.

That's the same for most Americans. The issue is that most Americans won't really try for a class that has nothing to with their major, so those German finals can be a big broom stick up the arse.

Well, it certainly seems a lot more daunting if you are not accustomed to it.

I guess what some might find strange is that I'm attempting to work in the automotive industry with a chemical engineering degree.

No don't worry I'm accustomed to it. How do you think I passed my calculus 3 final while never paying attention in class.

I have no idea about the automotive industry, but wouldn't chemistry be applicable to material (development) sciences to some degree? After all at some Point it all intertwines, doesn't it?

I was considering switching to mechanical engineering but the problem is that I suck at that kind of physics.

Did you take statics? If yes how will did you do at class because most mech engineering classes are based on statics and dynamics and not calculus based physics.

You are talking to someone who dropped out of Uni, be happy about your STEM degree.
Stuff is ok for me, but of course I think about what ifs.

I took AP stat back in high school. And I saw what work my mech friends got. It was mostly physics.

Im in pharmacy school, some classes are like the german system where there's only two exams in the semester or 1 exam in the whole semester.

I dont like it but yeah it really weeds out the bitch niggas with no discipline or drive

Did you start out as ChemE? A lot of ChemE students at my school go on to Med/Pharm school

No started as Microbiology major, but this major has a lot of chemistry classes as requirement, at least 5 i think