Why are they so obsessed with their heritage and ancestry Jow Forums? I'm genuinely curious

Why are they so obsessed with their heritage and ancestry Jow Forums? I'm genuinely curious

Attached: Americunts.png (1280x674, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l2r5jQfdV3k
youtube.com/watch?v=2J5n8kzpbCs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamentalist_Church_of_Jesus_Christ_of_Latter-Day_Saints
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Less obsessed than you Muhammad.

I would say most of the new world is obsessed with it. Like Sudacas

I know what I am but what are you

Why do Americans spend a lot of time telling people that they are 1/nth of a Euro/Asian/African race? Aren't you all yankees and dixies?

Nuakchott

Yes

Attached: mutt.gif (1000x1000, 1.47M)

Tafsir Koranic interpretation of all events curse Rigoberto menchu tum has tgalp mul changasana

Black Americans get a pass on this desu. Like 90% percent of them literally don't know where they came from.

Blacks are masterrace

africa, duh

Do Black Americans larp as West African Kingdoms like the Yoruba Kingdoms or do they go full Wakanda?

no one is to the point yuroredditors believe

Black as jkfalx hallsxsduootav

I am

Nah, they usually larp as Egyptians. No i'm not trolling.

Take a wild guess.

Eu nêgro

americans hold on to the 18th century belief that nationality and race are intertwined and don't reconfigure the significance of culture, for example if a 5th generation american only has irish ancestry he is 'irish' even though nobody in his ancestry has stepped foot there for 5 generations

Do they genuinely believe in NOI or is it just a meme?

i'm 3rd gen amerimutt and pretty much everyone in my family is irish
i'm irish-american, not irish

Because Americans are all recent immigrants, even the oldest families and we the only thing we have that connects us with "the old world" is our heritage. It gives people an extra sense of identity besides "American".

That sounds more like some kind of liberal virtue signaling to me, but maybe its more innocent than that. I used to tell people how I am an 8th Cherokee just because I think its kind of cool. It makes me cringe when I hear people actually bragging about that stuff like it makes them better or something though.

Lydia Bastianich

Do you have cousins or relatives in Europe Amerianon?

based

They got none and are projecting senpai.

Because they are a people without roots

>Because Americans are all recent immigrants

speak for yourself patrick o'guineainigger-wiezsnicki

no, you're american

no, i'm irish-american

but you're american
I doubt that if you return to Ireland they'll treat you as their own

well yeah it takes time to assimilate into any culture

No, we are independent of Europe and should remain so.

Only 'muh heritage' is from former Soviet citizens like Poland and Iron Curtain countries

and what about your culture is irish?

where do Poles and Eastern Euro kiddos live in the US? I'd assume they'd camp around the East Coast or somewhere in the flyover states

think you misunderstood me, he said the irish wouldn't accept me as one of their own, i was agreeing and saying that it would take time for me to be accepted, if i were at all. if i were to hypothetically marry an irish woman and have kids there im sure they would be accepted though
i dont really give a shit if im "accepted" tho desu

>I'd assume they'd camp around the East Coast or somewhere in the flyover states
Yes the children and grandchildren of former Soviet nations are all over US. Flyover and everywhere. There was tens of millions of those people who came to America during cold war. They are the one driving main anti-Russia influences in our policies. Same way Cubans in Florida control the narrative on Cuban-American relations.

youtube.com/watch?v=l2r5jQfdV3k

Where are do they commonly settle in the US? Do they commonly settle in Milwaukee or Wisconsin?

and shit countries like Ireland and Italy
They're always insistent on saying "I'm Irish-American" "I'm Italian American"
You never hear "I'm English American" or "I'm German-American"

You dont have to enter into a neighborhood of only people from your country of origin or 'culture'. Its save to say that they are spread throughout the country.

If I had to guess I would say midwestern powerhouses like Ohio-Illinois or East coast.

>You never hear "I'm English American" or "I'm German-American"
Basically this; I've never heard anyone say 'English-American' and Germany has fallen out of style but people who wanted to seem cool would say that.

youtube.com/watch?v=2J5n8kzpbCs

I guess that was my mistake
I assumed there'll be like Russian neighbourhoods or Polish gated communities

>I assumed there'll be like Russian neighbourhoods or Polish gated communities
There are Russian neighborhoods famously in NYC but Poles are generally spread throughout the country.

You dont have to live in a community because there are "Polish Centers" which are community centers with pools or restaurants. They have Korean and Hindu Centers more famously also.

Are Dixies more racist to the point that every south state has a large amount of KKK members? Afaik the North was more segregated that the South

That feel when not Italian-American, but lifelong fascination with Italy.

I think it stems from playing Caesar II and Civilization and shit.

>Are Dixies more racist to the point that every south state has a large amount of KKK members?
The KKK has been dead for years, they eat themselves from within. Imagine your neighbor who works at city hall changes your race on information regarding your home or bank account. All because your son broke up with their daughter or something.

The North was also segregated but Africans were not denied permission to work or have a house. Black people were shooed away from the South and many went North to find work.

Could the central government shutdown KKK if they want? I mean, they could just label them as a terrorist group using their CIA magic

you can't shut down an idea

They didnt need too, people just left the radical politics of KKK awhile ago. You dont need to be apart of some widespread organization anymore. You can be racist and just vote, thats enough now.

Which state has the largest amount of rednecks? Do they actually live in trailer parks or are some well enough to live in houses?

>i'm irish-american
>no you're american
>i'm american
>no you're a chinese-american
why do whites get a pass at this whole heritage bullshit. i'd kill to be just accepted as american by everyone in this country

>Which state has the largest amount of rednecks?
see: southeast US. literally take your pick
>Do they actually live in trailer parks or are some well enough to live in houses?
plenty of people live in trailer parks, but they're not as widespread as some would have you believe

Rednecks are anywhere 20-40 mins outside of any major city.

Most are well to do enough to have real homes. Trailer parks are mostly for young-new families and elderly who dont want to have to walk up stairs.

Nah, people have a right to free assembly. The government can’t just claim that anyone people don’t like is a terrorist group unless they can actually tie them to acts of terror.

Sometimes I envy you guys since you get to fire guns on firing ranges.The closest thing we have here is paintball and operator cosplays as well as National Service

Give it a couple hundred years more and there will be enough generations to go back in the new world alone that they can stop caring about their roots

Everyone in the Americas is honorary Irish come home Ming O'Neill

Well nobody actually thinks that they are Irish in the same way someone born and raised in Ireland is Irish. We just mean that Ireland is where our ancestors came from.

yeah it's pretty nice. i don't really give a shit about guns, but i do give a shit that if i ever did i have the freedom in this cunt to get one and go to the range

I hear that Walmart sell guns too?
Are they as reliable as guns bought from stores?

>Which state has the largest amount of rednecks?

EVERY state in America has rednecks (Hawaii might be the exception). I need to know what you think a redneck is.

In my ancestry there are Spanish immigrants, Apaches, Yankees, Slave owners, Irish immigrants, Scottish immigrants by way of Canada. It's cool to be American

>Are they as reliable as guns bought from stores?
Yes they are same guns. Guns have brands just like anything else and Walmart has a good lock on the right stuff.

Those kind of people that marry their sister/cousin/mother/father/relatives/brothers and they have confederate flags on their houses and cars

naw, only difference is they cook spam on their car radiators and not hot dogs

They desperately want to have one

Does walmart have a black friday deal for guns too? How much does it cost compared to gun stores?

Why are people from singapore are so obsessed with begging for American clothing and accessories over Ebay?

same can be said for other countries in SEA or Asia

Guess we'll look the other way when Serbia wants to lay waste to your country again

I genuinely don’t care.

>Does walmart have a black friday deal for guns too? How much does it cost compared to gun stores?
Of course lol. Walmart is probably priced similarly to gun stores, but gun store has much larger selection.

How much do they get discounted in Walmart during black friday? 50%? 85%?

>Why are people from singapore are so obsessed with begging for American clothing and accessories over Ebay?
Because its stuff meant for a quality market.

If its black friday could be anything, could be buy 1 get 1 free lol

top kek

I dont usually care about much heritage, but having yuro passport saves me a lot of time in airports.

You’re right. We all secretly wish we were Bosnian.

See They have a disturbing psyche

i'm not really interested in it. if somebody asks me my heritage, i just tell them i'm white. if they press further, i say, "english, irish, dutch, german, native american, and probably some other stuff"

Yeah, it's awesome. You remember the "Buy
15 cans of Bush's Baked Beans and get half of a Bushmaster xm-15" promo?

>I would say most of the new world is obsessed with it
No, not really.

first animated mutt
saved

Attached: ajsajskjaksjkajskajsk.png (245x206, 21K)

No, you're American. Nothing about you is Irish.

>tfw I never met a white American claiming he was Portuguese

They have some cute Portuguese-Americans over there though.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

yeah except my entire ancestry and their culture

LkKqkajsjwja s quaisjdjs beisiqosoxal jajcqgqlsz

Attached: 338FB2D3-E3CA-4793-BDDC-D50CD763A966.jpg (730x350, 54K)

>Those kind of people that marry their sister/cousin/mother/father/relatives/brothers

Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, and a little Texas.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamentalist_Church_of_Jesus_Christ_of_Latter-Day_Saints

>tfw there's a Chinese School of Latter day saints in my neighbourhood

what do they believe in anyways? Afaik it's christianity with Harems

Why does this upset you so much? His family came from Ireland. He probably still has relatives in Ireland. His ethnicity is Irish, but his nationality is American. This seems like something an Australian would understand intuitively.

Well the Mormon church is “The Church of Christ of Latter Day Saints” what he posted is the “Fundamentalist Church of Latter Day Saints”. It’s a splinter group that formed after the Mormon church (the first one) kind of reformed and got rid of Polygamy as a church practice. The school in your neighborhood is probably from the mainstream branch of Mormonism.

As far as their beliefs go, it’s a kooky American expansion pack for Christianity.

My mistake
It's actually a presbyterian school
but there is a few latter day saints churches in my neighbourhood

Because it's natural for one to want to know more about themselves, and it's also because they want to hide their shitty heritage but replace it with good one
For rest of the world it's easy, but for them, since they don't want to be viewed as the heir of rapists, man murdering psycho that killed people for their land and they're from a country with no history at all, they will seek for heritage that sounds good for them

>Why does this upset you so much? His family came from Ireland. He probably still has relatives in Ireland. His ethnicity is Irish, but his nationality is American. This seems like something an Australian would understand intuitively.
Not him, but basically nobody here calls themselves Irish-Australians like an American would. Maybe in the case of a 1st-gen immigrant, even then they don't constantly talk about 'their heritage )) haha! 1/16th Irish!' like you do. People here, even if they observe the practices of their original culture, don't pretend to be anything but Australian. It's just really pathetic

I think another reason why only certain american ethnic groups do this and not others is that those groups were at one time segregated from the rest of society here so their inherited culture became more important and part of their identity. The Irish and Scots were basically second class citizens for the first half of American history, they formed their own communities and intermarried with each other. The same can be said about the Italians later on. In early American history these people were not considered white and were generally discriminated against up until the last few generations.

there are white americans and then there are european-americans

I believe there is a distinct difference even if the white americans are obsessed with their heritage and superficial "culture".

a true European american is someone who is genuinely in tune with European culture and mindset, they see american culture as an offshoot of European and exists to uplift the wider European society
someone like Ezra Pound or Hemingway are european-americans

I don't know why the term "Irish American" triggers people so much, most micks that came over here were thought of as disgusting subhumans and thus didn't really breed with other groups until relatively recently. Being of 100% Irish descent even though all your ancestors came off the boat ages ago is not uncommon at all.

>europoor talking to american
>"no, you're not european, culture is what matters not genetic"

>europoor talking to a pajeet/muhammad
>"no, you're not european, genetics is what matters not culture"

Attached: big boy.png (391x341, 152K)