/éire/

Up and at them edition

Attached: 1523023532506.png (900x1300, 737K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C4MFxcFofkY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wholesome bump

Merry Pentecost, heretics

Attached: 1526843852430.jpg (518x583, 42K)

>naoi

Attached: 1497558264427.jpg (600x600, 42K)

i7K 8700K
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB DDR4
256GB SSD (Boot) + 1TB HDD

How does that look for a mid-range 1080p build?

Attached: 1525080127403.jpg (598x701, 146K)

What's Pentecost, some religious thing? How do you celebrate it?

I wish I had all the money you do. My build is quaint by comparison.
>i7K 8700K
The K does very, very slightly better for a decent bit more cash. I'd just get the 8700 unless money is no obstacle for you.

>I'd just get the 8700 unless money is no obstacle for you.
Thanks, I was thinking that. It's not no obstacle, I just want a good value build that will last for a few years.

New generation of CPUs doesn't add to gaming experience. Just get something released years ago and it will be fine.

You're getting Linux like a good boy, right?

No, Linux reminds me too much of work for me to enjoy using it on a home system, I need windows for compatibility anyway.
I'd have no real problem with Windows 10 if it wasn't for the forced update situation and potential to continue breaking things. But I suppose that is something one must endure.

>I need windows for compatibility anyway
Please explain.

The founding of the Church and the descent of the holy spirit on the apostles
You go to a restaurant and you decorate your house with red things and things made out of birch wood, generally you are supposed to wear something red as well to show that you are in a festive mood

Attached: 1526819365702.jpg (495x700, 189K)

I work mostly from home and need to use specific software in the windows environment.

>You go to a restaurant
But you do that almost every day anyway.

Interesting, is there a particular meal that is traditional for the day?

Ah, all right.
Jeez, I hope I don't end up working for a microdrone company in the future. Even if I do, I should probably be no where near that stuff.

But I have a good excuse to do so today

Not that I know of desu but it's a bit strange in a way, back in the day people used to fast for pentecost but it's the opposite nowadays
Why don't you lot celebrate it?

>Why don't you lot celebrate it?
No idea, it's probably celebrated in churches but doesn't get mentioned otherwise.

i7 8700k
GTX 1080 ti
32 GB DDR4
1 TB M2 NVME SSD

Safety bump and reminder that you probably don't need 64GB of RAM, 1TB of hard disk space (clean things out), adobe products, or microsoft products.

>needing more than 8 GB of RAM

Attached: 1526860895411.jpg (875x700, 62K)

I can maybe see 16, but 32 is just unnecessary for a personal computer.

If you want to future proof you do, GTA V is already using 9GB

How ye getting on lads?

Attached: 1513666789778.png (515x554, 132K)

>GTA V is already using 9GB
On max settings. That said, future-proofing is always a good idea if you can afford it.

Bad. I've a shit-tonne of work to get started on today, but I've been procrastinating with busy-work all day so far. Absolutely no motivation. Death is arguably preferable.

Attached: 1511904606530.png (1124x1500, 1.19M)

Thanks user.

You should have no issues running anything. Essentially my build and I have a 1440 monitor.

I play games on a Windows VM. 24GB or so would be comfy but 16GB is grand for now. 16GB should be grand for normal users though.

You off work today?

No. Just on a break at the moment.

Attached: 1503097646229.png (1920x1080, 1.76M)

Only 4 more days until the weekend!

What do you usually do during your breaks?
Water cooler discussions, sexual comments towards your female co-workers, tea?

Attached: 1526889100820.jpg (490x276, 25K)

Thanks user. I bumped up the 1060 to a 1070 for the option of a 1440 monitor down the line.

Attached: 1526839071081.gif (500x357, 421K)

>What do you usually do during your breaks?
Browse the internet, watch some TV news, get something to eat, go to the toilet.

Attached: 1525819577122.jpg (771x1020, 253K)

Any of you buy stuff from AliExpress? I've tried to sign up several times but each time it denies my BOI card saying my country is not supported. It doesn't support PayPal to the best of my knowledge. How do I register a valid payment method?

Attached: AJLlDp0-a40xgoQDIyYWAdYQa33KcgHjW-u4LHHljg=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no.jpg (900x900, 35K)

That's a nicely drawn cup of coffee. Going to steal that.

Attached: Latteart.jpg (500x477, 104K)

Fuck off Trinity, you thick cunt.

Can't wait to throw Louiseber into the back of a Nissan.

It works fine for me desu
What do you want to buy?

Attached: 1526564958991.jpg (550x700, 81K)

Right now I'm interested in buying small electronic components (resistors and diodes and such in many values). But AliExpress often has something that I can't find on other online marketplaces and for that occasion it would be nice to be able to purchase from there. It's really annoying. Each time there is a problem with me setting up my account.

Might want to try their app desu, it's better than the actual website, do you not have multiple cards you could use?

Attached: 1526870920983.jpg (748x1046, 133K)

I'm using both the website and native app, and have the one card to try.

What do you work as?

I use it fairly often and never had any issues, it works fine with paypal. An Post take an age to deliver stuff from China though, they often take 6 or 7 weeks to arrive on standard post so might want to keep that in mind.

Attached: 1525059397349.jpg (700x1002, 59K)

How do you set up the PayPal? I have a thousand small things arriving in the post every second day, purchases that I made 2-3 months ago and almost forgot about. I'm sure the postman is sick of me.

Actually I just had a look and it doesn't give a paypal option so I must use my card instead.
I'd never seen anything about country not supported before when using it, I just add the details on the checkout each time rather than under account profile if that helps.

Okay I'll try that, thanks.

British media is becoming increasingly interested in our upcoming referendum.

Dublin must be considered a ghetto city at this stage. That wasn't even the only young woman kidnapped and murdered there this week.

Attached: 1525508070633.png (584x531, 386K)

>crime-ridden
>terrible living conditions
>full of junkies and knackers
>expensive
>dirty
>ugly
You couldn't pay me enough to live there

It was striking during the Trevor Deely search when they had information of his body on an abandoned site in Chapelizod and they didn't find the body but wound up finding unrelated guns and other weapons hidden there.
Shows just how bad things are that you can wander into any random overgrown site in Dublin and have a good chance at finding some criminal evidence.

Up and atom!

Attached: 681096.jpg (640x480, 47K)

>Death is arguably preferable
>arguably
You've grown soft.

Attached: 1523836234257.png (1280x1280, 773K)

>Shows just how bad things are that you can wander into any random overgrown site in Dublin and have a good chance at finding some criminal evidence.
Dubs will probably say that's a price worth paying for easy access to "entertainment" in the city.

youtube.com/watch?v=C4MFxcFofkY

No, we pay this rent so we don't have to live near c*lchies

What's so bad about people from the countryside? Also, it's not like Dublin isn't full of culchies anyway.

So, whos ready to lose all faith in the nation this friday

It's not like Dubs even know who their neighbours are anyway so why would they care who they're next to?

Barring some major upset, me. The polls aren't painting as tight a picture as I would like.

>getting Linux like a good boy
Good post.

>needing more than 8 GB of RAM
Perhaps if you do all your gaming on a console like a peasant desu.

>On max settings
The only acceptable level of settings desu.

Any time user.

>image
Another anime I should get back to watching.

Attached: 1515172966721.gif (560x552, 321K)

Can't wait until fenians start massacring their offspring on Friday.
Protestant majority by 2050.

If there was no doubt in my mind, would I even be alive now?

Attached: 1519634619883.jpg (1294x1079, 142K)

>posts about Dublin in that tone we all know
Ahh yes, now my day is truly complete.

>Up and atom!
Now I want to play Fallout desu. Why do you do this?

Attached: 1521193364678.jpg (1920x1080, 280K)

Do any of you really care that much about repeal? It won't affect you in any way and you'll probably move your anger on to some other issue in a few weeks.

It's possible to have strong opinions on something that won't affect you directly based on your principles, morals, and general beliefs.

im just so tired of it all, ive even had thought of gearing up and digging in at the gpo for old times sake

>you'll probably move your anger on to some other issue in a few weeks
I'm a no voter and don't know if that is who you are aiming that message at, but I wouldn't describe my primary emotion on the issue as being one of anger.
And yes, most of us will probably move on as the issue is unlikely to arise again politically in the future, at least at a referendum level.

>Now I want to play Fallout desu
Do it. You know you want to.

Attached: 1492545274037.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

There's a surprising number of elderly people getting Irish citizenship on the news.

>You know you want to
Thing is though, do I want to play Fallout or Skyrim.
Either way I'll have to spend many days setting up the mods for both, and I'm not sure I can gather up the energy required to do that.

Attached: 1507054028107.png (933x720, 587K)

People always accept the change unless it impacts their daily life and channel their morals into something else. It was the same for the marriage referendum, people who were vocally opposed during the campaign probably haven't even given it a second thought since.

If you think otherwise and aren't going to accept repeal then what are you going to do about it? Will you refuse to vote for every established party whos leader supported it?

Could be Brits.

Did RTÉ cover the ceremony in their tokenistic way or did they actually handle it tastefully?

This looks like a very trustworthy fellow

>If you think otherwise and aren't going to accept repeal then what are you going to do about it?
I never said I wouldn't accept the result. I'll be angry if it's a Yes result, but with time I'll have to learn to live with it. My main point of contention was your implication that you can't have strong opinions on things that don't affect you directly.

There's a good few Brits there

Attached: original[1].png (551x294, 7K)

>Could be Brits
The ones speaking certainly had English accents.

>Did RTÉ cover the ceremony in their tokenistic way or did they actually handle it tastefully?
Wasn't as bad as they've done in the past.

Post Irish girls in the thread

Attached: 1522092880207.jpg (900x805, 60K)

It's interesting that the Poles and Romanians are topping the list. As EU citizens they have the same rights in Ireland as an Irish citizen. I'd be genuinely curious about their motivations for citizenship.

Attached: 1518428006161.png (389x512, 119K)

That wasn't what I meant, my assertion was that there'd be no big fallout from a No vote or anything as drastic as people changing their view on Ireland or the direction of the country because it doesn't change the way they live their lives. I expect the No voters will grumble a bit and then just get on with it continuing to vote in a GE the same way they always have.

Maybe they're afraid Irexit might happen? Does one have to go to a citizenship if they get citizenship through marriage?

Symbolic reasons maybe, if you've been here most of your adult life and intend to bring up your children as Irish it'd make sense to be an Irish citizen yourself.

>I expect the No voters will grumble a bit and then just get on with it continuing to vote in a GE the same way they always have.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I was reading an article online yesterday that suggested that if there is a Yes vote, Anti-Repeal TDs may try to delay the legislation process until the next election to reap electoral rewards from No voters.

>Maybe they're afraid Irexit might happen?
In the most Pro-EU country in the Union?

>Does one have to go to a citizenship if they get citizenship through marriage?
Not sure to be honest.

Attached: 1496698362854.jpg (795x958, 152K)

Ireland legitimately has no reason to be accepting Pakistanis or Nigerians. it's simply not in our interest.

40% of blacks are unemployed.

In my experience it's because they want to settle down, the ones that don't probably have plans to return home after getting enough cash.

Sounds like we're doing integration right in that case, at least for EU citizens.

Attached: 1516949701423.jpg (1000x1300, 118K)

>In the most Pro-EU country in the Union?
They're likely not as certain of that as we are. A lot of them are probably afraid of ending up on uncertain terms like the Poles in the UK.

Actually wait, don't you have to be a full citizen in order to vote?

Attached: 1468114081298.jpg (803x790, 84K)

>I wouldn't be so sure about that. I was reading an article online yesterday that suggested that if there is a Yes vote, Anti-Repeal TDs may try to delay the legislation process until the next election to reap electoral rewards from No voters.
Mattie and the Healy Raes are doing enough filibustering with the drink driving bill as it is.

>image
Nice!

>In the most Pro-EU country in the Union?
the same country that fuck around when it came to the lisbon treaty

I'm not sure what point this is meant to prove? Also, that was over a decade ago. Things change.

>Anti-Repeal TDs may try to delay the legislation process
Can't see that working out too well. Media would tear them to shreds.

>"Irish citizens may vote at every election and referendum; British citizens may vote at Dáil elections, European elections and local elections; Other European Union (EU) citizens may vote at European and local elections* Non-EU citizens may vote at local elections only"

Attached: 1526257078179.png (480x526, 298K)

I would never have interpreted that as anti-EU, prior to the marriage referendum Irish people tended to vote for the status quo most of the time and were fearful towards change.
SF were at the forefront of the fear mongering for that driving notions that Irish people could be conscripted into an EU army at the like which was enough to create reluctance and the idea that we could reject it and later push for a better deal.

>Media would tear them to shreds.
I doubt they'd care if they know that their constituency has enough passionate No voters.

Does that an English person living here can vote in a general election without any Irish citizenship? Why?

i think its to cover border regions

>Parish Pump
>All that's wrong with Irish politics
>Gombeens
Not like they're not saying that about them already though

Though acting against a democratic vote would be beyond the sort of shenanigans I'd expect from a TD so I don't see it happening.

>enough passionate No voters
Maybe desu, but it still doesn't sound like too great an idea. Party leadership also wouldn't be too happy with them and it seems like it would be primarily FF TDs and that may scupper their chances of trying to attract swing and more liberal/centrist voters. There also isn't a majority of anti-repeal TDs in the Dáil?
What would the point in delaying to the election be? Make it a general election issue?

It's always interesting going to Aldi or Lidl during the week - a significantly higher proportion of blacks in there at that time. Shows just how NEET they are.