Why doesn't Jow Forums like American cheese? Sometimes I eat it by the slice as a snack because it's so delicious

Why doesn't Jow Forums like American cheese? Sometimes I eat it by the slice as a snack because it's so delicious

Attached: 1024px-Classic_Cheese_Dream.jpg (1024x887, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eatwisconsincheese.com/cheeses/wisconsin-cheese-varieties
youtube.com/watch?v=B3KBuQHHKx0
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-high-temperature_processing
sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchDisplayView?catalogId=10123&langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=fO8R1xq9RX0q1Xy+4p2pbiZcPLHwzvFCj/BYudCfQs6foPX+wjZLXynfqIkjGqxi+5xIdPQguK9XhO0GP3h7E07ugvsPnIXCFIwDF3vEj619ft+JjxQzIlRUhiZLR/6bXSwjwS0idsaRUjOQbpnWILHj6DLgBY/gldRzAJT6h2uM+g4k5AITRc4Ajhv18thsAMezbxdbLsXx9x5UbIu/LA==#langId=44&storeId=10151&catalogId=10123&categoryId=&parent_category_rn=&top_category=&pageSize=36&orderBy=RELEVANCE&searchTerm=cheddar&beginIndex=0&hideFilters=true&categoryFacetId1=
ruskiwaydeli.com.au/dairy-products/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>cheese

>why yes, I do enjoy eating plastic.

Attached: 1517601176754.png (900x900, 424K)

Attached: tomme-de-savoie-16-igp-.jpg (1000x1000, 141K)

what's the difference between american cheese and european cheese?

british cheese is underrated as fuck, fight me

Attached: hdfah.jpg (1024x350, 141K)

American cheese is a specific type of cheese. If you say European cheese, you'd instead be talking about cheeses from Europe, so you can't really compare them like that.

You're not wrong

Attached: Montgomerys_Cheddar.jpg (800x600, 95K)

It's fine on a burger but in every other setting your cheese is revolting, even your "real" ones like monterrey jack, it tastes if nothing and has no texture

Just because it can't legally be called just "cheese" doesn't mean it's plastic.

looks stale

American cheese is processed as fuck. It was made from the leftovers of the milk making process and sold just so the Department of Agriculture could brag about how they are shoveling waste into the mouths of the American people. Just eat fucking Cheddar if you want an orange cheese.

dude cheddar lmao

Pepperjack is good (it has chili peppers and other spices in it)

There's also good cheese from Wisconsin and Vermont
eatwisconsincheese.com/cheeses/wisconsin-cheese-varieties

I don't hate it, but I can find way better for decent prices
Mandatory pic related

Attached: Bethmale (Ariège).jpg (1280x816, 103K)

And the WIDF has arrived

Not that user but cheddar is the king of all cheeses. I was actually in Spain last weekend and the "cheddar" you had for sale was nothing at ALL like the real stuff I pity the Spanish race. It's not rubbery and it has a sharp taste with a lovely crumbly texture, with crystals in it like a nice parmesan

American cheese product**

not all cheese has to be soft pierre

Attached: Blacksticks-Blue-1-resized.jpg (600x401, 263K)

Yeah you get that here sometimes. There is a time and a place for American cheeses, but it's always coupled with fast food, you would never consider eating it with crackers or bread or whatever. And yeah I'm sure you do have nice stuff knocking about but in my week in Boston I never saw it for sale once, it's a shame it's a speciality thing it seems, there's a world of flavour there

They don't look bad but stop using Euro cheeses names please

This.

>british cuisine is bad
Anyone who says this has no idea about British food.

Gunna have to agree with this.

And although we don't have original cheese, strayan cheese is pretty good too tbph.

Attached: img_b-feature.jpg (340x175, 53K)

Yeah man, british food is great.

Attached: 1526865630375.jpg (3648x2432, 2.42M)

youtube.com/watch?v=B3KBuQHHKx0

At least you don't have the eternal torment of the entire world thinking your most prized cheese is orange rubber because of America being so culturally powerful

there is no difference. Some people here just use the stuff in the OP pic for burgers sometimes so Jow Forums likes to pretend it's literally the only cheese in existence in the United States because memes and pretending to be retarded is fun.

The average British population doesn't eat whatever that abomination is. I've never seen anyone eat that.

Cucumber sandwiches. Can't say I've ever tried one myself.

You have retarded laws when it comes to raw milk though, and raw milk makes god tier cheeses

that is an actual difference and a fair point

Why on earth do the French only drink UHT milk? It's so baffling to me, you're meant to be the gastronomic powerhouse, why would you put yourself through that? It tastes so unnatural and it's not like you have trouble transporting milk, half of your country farms dairy

Cheddar is the single best cheese created by mankind.

You need to get your eyes looked at m8

That shit's not American cheese. That's Kraft Singles flavor known as "American Cheese"

Our cheese industry as incredibly diverse. Not all of it is yellow squares

Is not cucumber? Looks like there's tomatoes or something in it too.

I don't see any cucumber in there? It's fruit and some sort of cream.

That certainly doesn't look like cucumber sandwiches but I'll take your word and assume they are. There's nothing wrong with cucumber sandwiches, it's just cream cheese and cucumber, how could it be bad? Nothing amazing though.

depends on what the cheese is with m8

It's a fruit salad sandwich with mayo on white bread

it's quintessentially british

It looks like strawberries, kiwi, pinapple, mango and some cream.

Isn't it common everywhere in western Europe ? I only drink whole milk anyway, still doesn't taste straight out of the farm but it's already less watery than the others

jesus

Cheddar is English and looks like this you fool, it's named after cheddar gorge in the UK

Attached: 20066800000.0.jpg (600x600, 75K)

Mayo and fruit?

Daily reminder the British don't have the monopoly on great orange cheeses

Attached: Mimolette vieille.jpg (800x745, 151K)

Nobody eats that.

Most of your cheddar probably comes from the USA desu, unless it says specifically made in the UK

>cheddar
>orange
no offense but you should deck yourself for falling prey to yankoid memes

most states allow raw milk cheese though, even those that sale of raw milk is illegal in

this is the area of state and not federal law

Not everywhere, look here

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-high-temperature_processing

Whole milk is the best you're right, it's a shame your countrymen don't agree with you

yum

Attached: 1200px-Marmite_and_cheese_on_toast.jpg (1200x900, 134K)

I let it turn orange after a couple years in the fridge

Looks like those fruit sandwiches they eat in Japan. That's likely whipped cream, not mayo.

no one consumes your shitty dairy apart from you cletus

Attached: 2-Vintage-US-Government-Department-of-Agriculture-Cheese.jpg (400x300, 24K)

What the fuck? UHT milk fucking sucks. What's the point of all those french dairy farmers pouring milk down the drain in protest if you don't even drink decent milk?

In fact dairy is one of the only things we're totally self sufficient in luckily, so we're spared that. We eat a lot of US beef though and I'm pretty sure everything that has soy and corn in it is from the US because we don't grow much of that

please buy our beef

Just to flex on the neighbours when we're out of Spanish wine and fruits trucks to attack

that's obviously new zealand tasty which is how cheap cheese should be done

Haven't you got the Chinese for that? Start rearing lamb then we'll talk, I'm pretty sure lamb export to the UK keeps the economy of NZ afloat by itself

Look at cheddar sold in the uk, on sainsburys it has country produced in description no find me a popular one produced in america. sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchDisplayView?catalogId=10123&langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=fO8R1xq9RX0q1Xy+4p2pbiZcPLHwzvFCj/BYudCfQs6foPX+wjZLXynfqIkjGqxi+5xIdPQguK9XhO0GP3h7E07ugvsPnIXCFIwDF3vEj619ft+JjxQzIlRUhiZLR/6bXSwjwS0idsaRUjOQbpnWILHj6DLgBY/gldRzAJT6h2uM+g4k5AITRc4Ajhv18thsAMezbxdbLsXx9x5UbIu/LA==#langId=44&storeId=10151&catalogId=10123&categoryId=&parent_category_rn=&top_category=&pageSize=36&orderBy=RELEVANCE&searchTerm=cheddar&beginIndex=0&hideFilters=true&categoryFacetId1=

>The United States was ranked first with 5.3 million metric tons manufactured in 2015. Wisconsin was the leading cheese producing state in the U.S. with a cheese quantity that amounted to 2.91 billion pounds in 2014.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 12.33.20 PM.png (1301x883, 215K)

Wew lad, I had no idea
No cows where I live but I know where to buy fresh goat milk
I'll see if non-UHT milk is even available next time I go to the supermarket

Attached: IMG_20180414_145631.jpg (768x1024, 294K)

>"cheese" producer
doesn't say exporter does it Billy-Joe?

mon dieu, once a gaul always a gaul, fuckin savages

Actually australian lamb is a huge industry too, some of the best in the world. NZ mostly does dairy. We sell enough beef as is, there's actually a controversy that has flared up again about exporting live animals to other countries, because the conditions on the boats are awful and they are killed by barbarians in barbaric conditions.

racist

russian cheese is the best

Attached: 2_645b37f030f6da42bd1bdf80cea8eff2.jpg (500x500, 64K)

>I'll see if non-UHT milk is even available next time I go to the supermarket
What the FUCK is wrong with you!? This is the craziest thing I have ever learned from Jow Forums. Is your milk even refrigerated???

In this case, I'll take that as a compliment.

It's the best, keep an eye out. Also on the topic of cheeses, my sister brought back a french cheese from holiday that was really delicious but she couldn't remember what it was called because it was in french lel. She said the cheesemonger said it was traditional with wives or weddings or girlfriends or something, it was firmish, a little creamy, and not blue. Do you know what I'm talking about?

We're 6th overall for world exporter

huh, just discovered that there's a russian deli just a short walk from work
what do you recommend sasha?
ruskiwaydeli.com.au/dairy-products/

>Is your milk even refrigerated

That's the thing, no need to keep it refrigerated after it went through UHT. It never is in stores, and I don't put it in the fridge at home until the bottle is opened

I like your soft cheese stuff that you get in your little tubs :)

Well there's no reason to go to the bakery every day if you buy bread out of a plastic bag but it's just nicer fresh isn't it! Such a shame

I asked if it was refrigerated because I thought maybe UHT had a different meaning in europe but it doesnt.

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKK UHT MILK SUCKKKKKKKSSSSS WE ONLY EVER USE IT WHEN CAMPING WHAT IS WRONGGGG WITH YOUUUUUUUU WTFFFFFFFFFFFF

Why do Europeans think we only produce kraft singles. We have all kind of cheeses and their prices are the same and even lower than some european prices

>those prices
i recommend you to not

Because they're not that bright

tubes? never heard about that one

Get the poppy seed ones
They're top tier
Also why the fuck is everything so expensive
The Russian grocery stores here are way cheaper

Attached: 1160.jpg (448x273, 40K)

>muh microcheesemongers

>Aussie pretends he's not just a junior American

Don't group us with the flyovers please user
California has a great cheese industry

Attached: original_4.jpg (1000x1000, 95K)

I've been to America, you only have "cheddar" which is orange, monterrey jack which tastes the same, and that spicy one commonly available. It's not like here at all

we have cheap and cheerful "cheddar" but it's close enough to cheese that we can actually call it that

Attached: be52e9d023ded982ef62539280ca3de4.jpg (640x640, 90K)

I live here, and you're wrong.

Ask yourself why the fuck a country which is 10x weather and imports 10x more products than yours would have a smaller cheese selection than you?

Wut? We just the usual european types of cheese mostly made in Wisconsin or imported from Europe.
Where the fuck did you go? Every grocery has all types of cheese. Even coscro has some good variety

Don't bully it's the way I was brought up, raise funds pls

I knew before clicking it was thread started by a finn
Finland is the worst european country, even Moldova is better

We havs giod quality cheddar too. Kraft is just a cheap option.

I went to Boston, which was very cosmopolitan, and I didn't see any at all apart from a few Italian and french staples

And I went to London, which is very cosmopolitan. I ordered cheese from a restaurant. They accidentally left a piece of tin-foil plastic on it. It was store bought, and they were selling it to customers

Your whole cheese industry must be shitty

>goes to one city once
>"Yeah I'm pretty much an expert now"

I thought the reason why you couldn't get proper non-UHT pasteurised milk in New Caledonia was because it's a semiremote subtropical island where the local cattle are raised primarily for meat and dairies don't have enough economy of scale but no it turns out it's because the French are autistic.

What's the point of the EU if you can't even drink your own good milk???

Is drinking UHT milk common all over europe? This is honestly the most shocking thing I've read on Jow Forums in a very long time.

>itlaian and french staples
You just contradicted your last post buddy
You said we had like 3 types

He is an expert. Didn't you read, he visited here once. He's more of an expert than someone who lives here

Don't get so touchy m8s everyone apart from Americans in this thread thinks the same as me for a reason

Attached: OINMENT_box.png (488x235, 21K)

Nothing. American cheese is usually a blend of multiple cheeses.

I think it's creative really.