Can an American tell me what a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is? What do they taste like? Does "jelly" mean jam?

Can an American tell me what a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is? What do they taste like? Does "jelly" mean jam?

Attached: Peanut-Butter-Jelly-Sandwich.jpg (1920x1085, 301K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4sKg18lTqw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: Dbz4VawWAAAFGIC.jpg (750x545, 68K)

Heh.

they're yummy. Imagine peanut butter + your favorite kind of jam on nice thick wheat bread.

The ratio of PB&J has to be 2:1 and it cannot be too much on the inside. It's a shitty comfort food desu. Grilled cheese and sloppy joes are far superior

Good but not great, worth it to try though so pick up some PB and strawberry or grape jelly and have at it

>sloppy joes

Disgusting.

kill yourself

>Does "jelly" mean jam?
yeah close enough
if you want to get autistic about it the difference is the fruit portion of jelly is strained juices whereas jam is just the fruit crushed/pureed/whatever.

I would imagine it being comfort food ie. something simple and familiar from childhood. I have tried it a few times and it hardly is a refined culinary experience. Something you have to grow with.

yes the jelly is mostly jam but some cheaper brands are more runny

I've actually never eaten a peanut butter sandwich with jelly, always seemed gross to me

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4sKg18lTqw

Attached: 6099847aa5e5bd4cf316140f8636a7d2.jpg (236x337, 12K)

>Can an American tell me what a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is?
a sandwich made from peanutbutter and jelly
tastes better if the bread is toasted, or if you replace jelly with bananas or honey
grape jelly is the default though
>What do they taste like?
salty, savory, sweet
filling, and because peanutbutter is mostly protein and fat, its actually a healthy sammich

protip: drink (whole) milk with it, or the peanutbutter will stick to your mouth
the peanutbutter is fat soluble so it will stop the sticking

is it true europeans dont know what peanutbutter tastes like? how can someone live such a sad life?

Attached: anatomy-of-a-peanut-butter-and-jelly-sandwich-michael-ledray[1].jpg (900x600, 70K)

its a cheap, easy, and healthy (good protein/fat/carb ratio) sandwich that parents can send kids to school with for lunch

most americans have consumed hundreds by the time they are 10 years old, maybe 15 years old if their parents were rich snobs

Attached: hDFFE0338[1].jpg (800x802, 113K)

jelly is jam without pulp. PB + jam on bread is a very good combo, much better than stuff like Nutella

>is it true europeans dont know what peanutbutter tastes like?

only a few people here eat peanut butter, it's weird considering it's probably the best food the US have ever produced

that sucks, peanutbutter sandwich (no jelly) is the best way to eat psychedelic mushrooms

Oh God, I haven't had a Sloppy Joe in forever. So good.

pretty much this. I might have it a few times a year. It's super comfy.

>healthy
Guys, stop. No it is not.

>>healthy
>Guys, stop. No it is not.
compared to most other comfort foods it is (depending on how you make yours of course)

everything else is high carbs and/or low protein and 0 fiber

Faggot

I would rather eat a chip butty or a toast sandwich desu

why do americans keep eating this shitty excuse of a bread? they are not poor and yet they choose to eat literal garbage, just why is that?

He thinks his bread is healthy because it's whole grain or some shit. Pro tip: bread is unhealthy no matter what.

i'm not taking about health, i don't give a fuck about that, i'm taking about taste and texture

Attached: Sliced-No-Knead-Sourdough-Bread-750x500.jpg (750x500, 43K)

>muh microbreads
we have them here too, mass produced bread is familiar to people. also not all bread is wonderbread pole

>we have them here too
yeah that's exactly why I'm wondering, you have access to good bread but according to every single pic of americans eating, you deliberately pick to eat the shitty fake bread

Because PB&J would probably taste like shit on sourdough

No, he means our plain white bread (at least the nonsliced sort) is fragrant, with firm crispy skin etc. while Americans eat frankenbread with corn syrup - and this is the answer, other Pole, corn syrup and other garbage is added to N. American foods in great quantities to cheapen them and add trashy sweetness. This determines the kinds of breads that are propagated on the market as Americans don't know any better.

>posting that
>not posting the cracked basted skin with poppy seeds sort

step it up nigga

its a stock photo from a google search, not the bread I would use

id also put a small bit of honey or strawberry jam on it, not tons of grape

Attached: high-fibre-bread[1].jpg (1200x630, 696K)

>yeah that's exactly why I'm wondering, you have access to good bread but according to every single pic of americans eating, you deliberately pick to eat the shitty fake bread
thats because stock photo

also sour dough would taste like shit, whole grain or rye is best

Attached: 647-Wheat-Nutrition[1].png (3351x1105, 238K)

During the World Cup here, my dad was driving a group of Americans to various tourist spots in between games, and on one of the trips they said they were hungry and asked him to stop somewhere they could eat a snack, so he stopped at the nearest bakery he saw.

The Americans were absolutely amazed at the existence of such a place. They told him they had only ever bought bread from the supermarket, that they had never eaten bread and cakes straight from the oven unless they made it themselves.

Attached: american wedding.jpg (1024x684, 293K)

Best bread coming through.

Attached: 038A2530-13AE-4427-B9A1-3B2A574064E6.jpg (500x500, 44K)

that's bullshit but I believe you

Jelly is like jam but we add gelatin to make it thicker than jam.

Their jelly is kinda like confiture.

Attached: Confitures.jpg (1600x1200, 683K)

It’s true in some places, not true in others. In the town I used to live in, if you bought bread, you bought it mass produced at the supermarket. However in the town I live in now there is a nice local bakery that has been here for 30 years and it’s fucking delicious.

Poor people are missing out.

>muh anecdote is real

It's what he told me, what I saw with my very own eyes was my local news interviewing foreigners also during the WC, and they found a man from Switzerland who was freaking out because he ordered orange juice and the server had actually taken some oranges and squeezed the juice from them, and he had never had that in Switzerland, only the artificial flavor orange juice.

Attached: 1500152487983.jpg (655x527, 36K)

PB and cucumber
PB and chocolate sprinks

Attached: CVdUmrUWcAANLnZ.jpg (1024x1024, 197K)

>and they found a man from Switzerland who was freaking out because he ordered orange juice and the server had actually taken some oranges and squeezed the juice from them, and he had never had that in Switzerland, only the artificial flavor orange juice.
lmao now you are just bullshitting
fresh juices have been trendy for decades here

Attached: breville-die-cast-citrus-press-o.jpg (710x710, 80K)

its a sandwich with peanut-butter and jelly; theyre sweet, but less so than a dessert and more filling; you an use jelly, jam, marmalade or if you're actually insane preserves

not bullshit

>does jelly mean jam
why do brits get onfused by this. no, jelly does not mean jam. jam is made from pureed fruit, jelly is made from fruit juice. jelly is smoother and harder to spread. think jell-o but way less cohesion and actually tasting somewhat like fruit

Attached: 051114091-01-jelly-jam-preserves_xlg-main.jpg (600x500, 35K)

if you don't put banana in your pb&j you don't know SHIT about anything

I don't know why PBJ is so popular.

If you want a true taste of murrican culture try pancakes with maple syrup or a sausage biscuit for breakfast; and no, a biscuit is not nor has ever been a cookie.