/arc/ - Arctic Anonymous

You may only post in this thread if you live in an Arctic country. Lower 48 and Hawaii not welcome.

Attached: Blankmap-ao-090N-north_pole.png (726x726, 200K)

First for eating ass

Why the fuck do they count a whole part of Sweden outside of the arctic circle as the arctic, but they leave out Skåne?

woah i never realized scotland was that close to the artic...

Arizona is in the arctic, right?

Does Washington DC count?

>Newfoundland
>Arctic
>country

Attached: 1516808885786.jpg (725x453, 112K)

Not arctic enough for me

Because the MS Paint fill tool sucks balls

Nice

Attached: 18-30-14.mp4_snapshot_00.43_[2018.01.10_19.3717].jpg (908x693, 96K)

i live in a city where -50c is normal temperature in winter

Yakutsk?

Why is the arrow on the left acceptable as a road route but going across the Arctic never considered?

I just literally saved the world billions.

Attached: penis.png (726x726, 200K)

Yes.

Because Canada. The Northwest Passage is passable now because the sea ice has melted but no shipping goes through there because Canada claims it as territory and it requires special permissions

6 month winters are peng

And freeze the airplane's fuel? Do you even science?

>Labrador
What the fuck?

Fairbanks here AMA

I don't know why our "cities" were chosen as sisters, your town is so small, it's uncomparable

The native Yakut women are best looking Asian women imho. Yakutsk has been on my list to see for a long time along with Irkutsk and Vladivostok

Yakutsk?
More like YUKutsk

Always wanted to live in Alaska.
>In Fairbanks
Jobs?
Things to do?
Women? Are native women qts?
Worth living there?

t. Texas

During the Cold War, USA (and NATO little brother Canada) and USSR had to be careful not fo fly over each other's airspace, so more "lateral" routes were taken

Pope John Paul II visited Alaska, twice. The real reason for these visits is that his plane flights had to stay out of USSR, and Alaska was the best available layover/stopping point. So being pope and all he just figured w/e I'll step out and see the snow chuuch and bless these niggaz lol

One can pose a similar question about antarctic routes, but this one has a more obvious answer: only 10% of the world's entire population lives in the southern hemisphere to begin with, and people in Argentina, South Africa and Straya/NZ don't have much call to be visiting each other's countries besides.

Efficient arctic routes might be desirable, but similar USA/Russia tensions today make them difficult I bet. We're still fighting over Arctic clay tbqh

>The native Yakut women are best looking Asian women imho
Yes, it's because of huge racemixing through the ages in this area.
>Irkutsk
Nothing to see there except Baikal desu
>Vladivostok
Nice city.
He-he

>Jobs?
You'd have a better time in Anchorage
>Things to do?
Nothing
>Women? Are native women qts?
Not really
>Worth living there?
Fuck no
I'm either moving down to Anchorage soon, back to Wyoming, or another lower 48 state

>t. Texas
Do you want to live in frozen shithole.

Oil jobs my nig
>I'm either moving down to Anchorage soon, back to Wyoming, or another lower 48 state
Or I'll try to get a better paying job in the oil industry but that'll take me further up north and I might off myself

Because I am sick and tired of 6+ months of never ending humidity and heat. I survived a Russian winter in Syktyvkar...Alaska doesn't seem so bad.
Wouldn't mind working for an oil company up there. A friend of mine's dad worked in Prudhoe Bay for a few years.

>I survived a Russian winter in Syktyvkar
How many winters you survived?

Jet-streams my dudes
With tailwinds it can sometimes be quicker to take a non-direct route. This is especially true on transatlantic flights.
Plus with the arctic being pretty cold in the winter, planes would have to fly at lower altitudes to prevent the fuel from freezing but this means they burn more fuel, negating any costs saved by flying a shorter route.
Airlines constantly work out the best altitudes and routes to fly. They plan months in advance and will change them even hours before departure.

Top pic is the shortest route between Frankfurt and Los Angeles. Middle is the route an actual Frankfurt-Los Angeles flight took and the bottom is one on the reverse.

Attached: LH450 LH451.png (1002x1074, 635K)

28 so far hehe. I expected -30 to -40, but it never got colder than -25. Wasn't bad at all because of no wind.

How is internet in Alaska? I want to move north but I love shitposting. If the internet is shit it's a no go

appears i can't crop

Attached: LH450 LH451.png (1002x1376, 929K)

I too must know this.

Depends on the ISP
Get GCI if you can, they're the only ISP with anything even resembling decent speed
I get 100mbps usually with them but it goes out sometimes

Kimballan?

my state averages colder temps than alaska
t. wiscuck

Attached: vHsKcpXyEGg.jpg (1440x2160, 804K)

No

Rate her from 1 to 10.

greenland dane here

gib her instagram or vk or whatever plz. She is russian right?