Why are Chinese gamers more willing to pay for lootboxes and microtransactions?

Why are Chinese gamers more willing to pay for lootboxes and microtransactions?

Attached: Chinese gamers.png (573x410, 142K)

Because all their games are f2p not $60

gaming is all we have

because they don't let karma-whores on Jow Forumsgaming do their thinking for them
There is literally nothing wrong with DLCs and microtransactions

But you're Canadian.

>Chinese like capeshit
>Chinese like microtransactions
What the fuck is their problem?

>three (3) chinknadian replies

I agree and hate how publishers are moving to free DLC to offset costs because people are ok with cosmetic MTs but why would you base stat buffs you can buy like in Battlefront 2? Thats going too far.

it's because of availability of consoles and pc for the average player

most of them play in cafes that is timed by the hour so the games are free but there is incentive to buy small virtual things

the problem isn't how they play games, the problem is developers doing the same money making scene for different gaming cultures

I noticed that too. Wtf are they using a proxy or some shit?!

The west likes capeshit a lot more as well as nu star wars. At least Chinese can still appreciate foreign movies while native english speakers are often afraid of subtitles.

hmm...

>scene
scheme

they are virgin chinks who spend their time playing pubg
i play euro truck simulator

That's fine. Shitty games can be made for Chinks, and the rest can be for everyone else.

Because chinese culture is one of intense competition and success is valued extremely highly. Cheating is not uncommon and any advantage a person can find to get ahead, many chinese will take, including cheating, bribing, lying, etc. This is generally limited to important things in life like study/career/promotion etc but I guess it bleeds over.

Attached: 1402031228198.jpg (473x480, 57K)

A game like C&C Generals will never be made again by a major developer, in order to appease the Chinese market. Kind of like how movies won't dare make Chinese the bad guys (they literally changed the new Red Dawn movie halfway through filming to make the antagonists North Koreans instead of Chinese).

Attached: chinese football hooligans.jpg (1142x843, 391K)

I play dota I want to kill myself

what a load of bs, act of aggression has chinese as the bad guys

>Eugen
>major developer

yeah I used to play dota, I stopped, I don't miss it

play games with a storyline instead

Similar genes with those across the sea
You know, the ones that invented lootboxes

Please tell me you aren’t series. ptw is the most Jewish consummerism concept ever invented. You are literally fighting over who can give the most money to Jews.

Attached: 1E39A222-3C76-4101-B1E5-5340C7514B66.jpg (720x736, 42K)

you cant buy any benefits in dota tho can you? I dont play the game myself but it looked like one of the only games where paid shit is strictly cosmetic

>you cant buy any benefits in dota tho can you?
Only cosmetics the last time I played
You can buy some battle pass that gives you another rating and has a bunch of cosmetics, I think 25% of the profits go to the prize pool of a tournament

Just take a break. There is a reason why you started playing. If you don't enjoy it anymore, just stop. Maybe you'll enjoy it again after a break. It really helps.

I don't even play it that much, most of the time I just open it up and afk or watch some games. Mostly just bored and have nothing to do.

They don't have a console industry like other 3rd world shitholes don't. They can't figure out what's the better way to enjoy games and just comply with their companies that show them eye candies.

Explain slavs then.
They're not stupid enough to do that kind of shit

It's just they didn't have such companies. Slav devs can sell their games to the west but Chinese ones can't.

Free DLC means everyone has parity
Everyone still wants cosmetics anyway

herd mentality, can't even think for themselves, this is the main reason of many dictatorship in Asia

What?
Chinese can just play non-chinese games or not?
I mean slavs fucking love HoMM3 (who doesn't?) and that's not a russian game. Also Russians make some decent games once in a while

All the people who have like a battle pass level of 1000 or so in Dota seem to be chinks

They can't basically. There aren't so many games translated into Chinese and they don't like western games like shooters so much. PUBG is exceptional. It's like MonHun in Japan, I suppose.

League, dota, overwatch, hearthstone are very popular in china

yea whatever idiot
people who give away tons of money to these completely baindead trash games are human garbage barely better than chronic gamblers

and these games they play ARE trash, yet people spend all their time and money on them

>League, dota, overwatch, hearthstone are very popular in china
And that's all. They don't have other options.

Why do the Chinese hate new Star Wars? they should go watch the new Solo film. It's excellent.

Attached: 1527882220711.png (632x502, 11K)

Defaq are you talking about, western games are really popular in China, even if the publishers don't release official Chinese translation there are still tons of people translating games and releasing it for free. Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean they don't exist.

Chinese have no concept of fair play which is why they are also the largest group of people hacking in video games.

Is it really?

>PUBG
>western
It's our game, fukushima

Solo without Harrison Ford isn't Solo.

Not at all. Ofc those games as the Czech guy mentioned are popular though. The games they actually love are Japanese PS ones. Nintendo hasn't ever been popular there due largely to the lack of a console market. The could pirate PS on the flip side.

really makes you think

Attached: toddpainting.jpg (1500x1250, 719K)

Because it's gambling and chinese like gambling

You're an idiot

chinks are soulless and have no taste

why do you think hollywood relies on them so much

Just go on some chink game site and translate the articles you'll know what they are interested in, frostpunk was pretty popular a while ago. Detroit becoming human is the talking point now. I don't know why are you focused on console when pc market is way bigger there.

How did Witcher searies do there I wonder?

You are just looking into some site full of westaboos or some news site bullshitting, I guess. Most western games can't fit east Asian preference the same way American comics/cartoons can't get publicity aside from blockbuster capeshit and Disney movies.

Popular, ex-ussr and eastern European stuff are generally pretty popular in China, recently Indian films are the hot topic in chinaland.

Because Chinese like getting ahead of others even more than Americans. And if they can pay to do it, they'll pay.

Shit, as if I care. 2005-2008 was the golden age for games.