South euros i need halp. This is not a banter post i really do need some tips in dealing with this heat

South euros i need halp. This is not a banter post i really do need some tips in dealing with this heat.

It was 32c today and probably 9000% humidity. Most houses and my office do not have a capable climate system to handle this kind of heat but i really need to get things done tomorrow.

the last week i've barely been able to answer an email. all the other guys too. Any tips to survive this heat? What clothes to wear?

Some guy suggested a bucket of cold water under my desk to soak my feet in.

Any other tips would be gratefull.

Attached: cc1be1mk6e111.png (768x768, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/DJN3lwVLGxs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etesian
twitter.com/AnonBabble

buy a fan or cover up the windows where the sun shines in with a blanket

don't you guys have AC? Soaking feet in water is a good advice tho

Siesta

We just suffer through three months of heat, four if it's an unlucky year
>What clothes to wear?
depending on the formality of the situation, either a white shirt and very light trousers, or a plain t-shirt and cargo shorts.
No magical method known if you have no AC, other than to keep windows closed and curtains pulled during the warmest hours (keeping the light and the hot air outside). Fans are a big help, too.

Hellene here.
Tbqh I used to have to dress heavy in 45°C, so you will get used to it.
Drink lots of water (not ice-cold), dress lightly and try to avoid using the air-condition, a fan would be better.

Drink a lot of cold water, and wear very light clothing. Nothing with dark colours.

Why would we need an ac when we usually only get 20-25c in july?

No idea, it rarelly reach that temp in my region but once I worked outdoors with a temp like that during midday and it sucked

>work in a big open space office with ~100 people
>women complain that it's cold and there's a draft from the window next to me
>last summer I was being good to them and sweated like a fucking pig all summer
>this year I told them to talk to the HRs if they have problem with the windows
Women are not humans.

>30C almost every day next week
are meds even trying?

Attached: 2333645.jpg (489x499, 37K)

>probably 9000% humidity
nah, where it was that hot the humidity was in the 30s, stop exaggerating

>Nothing with dark colours.
Isn't that a thing only if you're outside under the sun?

Mediterranean countries don't have humid heat

+40°C in Cyprus or Sicily are (much) more comfortable than ~30°C in Germany

you should ask asians

I think so, but I assume user must get out at some point.

Stop wearing clothes indoors. Sleep on the floor. Keep your car in the garage and use it to go anywhere. Don't sprint or walk fast

Oh, and even if you end up sitting next to a window, for example.

I’m on vacation in Sicilly right now. It’s so fucking hot i cant sleep right now. Very humid

25C is literally sweater weather where I live, what are you even complaining about?

Attached: 20180603_143942.png (1308x330, 109K)

Just skip work and go to the pool you baby

>fan constantly pointed towards your balls (the hottest and most sweaty part of your body when you are lurking)
>bare feet on the ground if you don't have parquet
>towel between your sweaty ass and the chair
>of course naked
>open windows ONLY in pairs to creae a flow, possibly two windows at opposite sides
>drink a lot of water

Because you rich

Oh no, it gets humid here.

youtu.be/DJN3lwVLGxs

If it's hot and dry try an evap cooler

Its hot and very humid

Norway? More like Moorway.

Oh no, it gets humid as fuck in non-Mountainous Greece...

>humidity 4%
that's fucking nothing, today it was 30C with 95% humidity. go ahead and wear a sweater in this weather, you would literally drop dead within 30 minutes.

We have 4 high powered fans at the office but all they do is blow the warm ballsweat around. We have ordered two high powered aircoolers but they do not arive untill next week since every business in scandinavia have ordered one or two.

I'm going with a bucket of cold water under my desk. I honestly can't understand how people from hot cunts live under these conditions

open the window( when there isnt the sun) and another window/door on the oppisosite part of the room/ building. stop whining.

Get some ice cubes and hang them in a plastic bag behind the fan. That should probably help

Also, fuck pants and underwear.
Go with swimming trunks!
I used to never wear underwear during summer.

Whats problem with 32c?

Gym shorts are good too(when appropriate). Much lighter than regular shorts.

Ha, weakling!

Attached: superior race.jpg (800x533, 53K)

i thought the weather was like in west turkey

For real? I didn't realize continental Europe was that humid.

Μιά χαρά!

>open the window( when there isnt the sun)

You forget that in the north the sun is up 20 hours a day

I used to live in an semi-forested island and I couldn't sleep until 03.00am.
A couple of times in Athens I legitimatlly slept in the bathroom.
If you don't have regulatr sex in the South, you simply cannot function.

We get high humidity all year around.

Thats the thing. I was in Dubai last year in 43C but due to the dry air it was not even close to the torment i feel now.

>You forget that in the north the sun is up 20 hours a day
when the sun isn't against your window, eistein

Yes but up here the curvature of the sun makes it so that it hits my building the hardest from 9 am to 6 pm

>Mediterranean countries don't have humid heat
We have a lot of humidity, both during summer and winter. Winter especially it often reaches like 95%+ which makes the temperature feel piercing cold.\

It all depends on where the wind comes from.
South/West is humid, dusty (sometimes full of Sahara sand), warm, disgusting.
North/East is dry, clear, chilly, perfect.

In summer though, the upper part of the Aegean gets those winds
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etesian
which keep it humid most of the time.

Mainland Greece gets extremely humid (e.g. Larissa). Ionian islands too.

Attached: Meltemi.jpg (723x624, 65K)

Post 'em

Attached: 1525776553806.jpg (354x1146, 130K)

It was 29 today. My skin is still hurting. My wife pic related) almost died of heat stroke. It's still so hot in the house. I need something to keep me cool. Something that works through the night. I don't want to die in my sleep. The only fans I have are the ones in my computer and I'd rather not take it apart.

Attached: Snapchat-375039200.jpg (1080x2190, 637K)

Open a window

Attached: 1526956397114.jpg (499x453, 80K)

Take off your clothes. Unironically.

At the dorm when i was still in uni i found that putting your bed right next to a window with nothing blocking it (no curtains or blinds) is pretty effective.
Chances are you're gettting eaten alive by mosquitos though. Also darkness or 0 privacy.

>29c is holocaust-tier weather

nigger what?

Not practical in an office

The humidity meme is retarded. Being that hot with that much humidity is like being on the beach, dry heat is like being on the fucking Sahara desert. It's a god damn nightmare.

Does your office have a fan?

The heat makes your head foggy and heavy. Wrap a wet cold towel around it, if you cool your head you will still feel miserable but you'll be able to think clearly and get shit done. Might pack some ice cubes into it so it stays cool longer.

Siesta the hottest hours away naked after taking a cold shower

Attached: 1396040432937.gif (506x516, 443K)

>no humid heat
Try living in the fucking Po Valley where everything below 90% humidity during summer is a blessing from God

This

Also OP, you're probably a fucking neet and probably don't have a social life, so consider sleeping during daytime and shitposting on Jow Forums at night
Nords simply don't understand that siestas are necessary for survival down here

The first time we had 30° this year was in fucking April. A normal April has around 15°. And it has been continuing like that, April and May were the hottest ever measured. I don't even want to think about what August will be like.

Walk nude or in very loose and clothes. If you tan nicely, go with tank tops, shorts and sandals, like me (or summer dresses if you a girl). Wide-brimmed hats provide nice shade, if you don't.

Carry water with you, to stay hydrated.

1 to 3 p.m is perfect nap time. You'll be refreshed to enjoy those warm summer evenings and nights better.

This is always the answer t. it was 31c today here

Lel no. It's a lot harder for your sweat to evaporate when it's humid, meaning your body can't really get rid of the excessive heat it generates.

can you stop outside light from comming in?
while not healthy for the mind, having windows closed slows the rate at wich the building heats. Get up earlier, when temps are low/milder and open up the place, by the time the shift starts you seal everything and hope for the best

Do not take cold showers. You'll feel better for five minutes then worse. Lukewarm is the best.

Drink a lot of water. Your piss is still hotter than the environment, so you're effectively pissing heat.

Avoid greasy food. You'll feel shitter.

Use a fan because with 96% humidity no way the sweat will evaporate without a little help.

Siesta is a double-edged sword. Some people have migraines after they have a nap, it takes a bit of time to habituate.

>that's fucking nothing, today it was 30C with 95% humidity.
I feel glad I won't need to deal with this shit again until summer. 10°C, 82% here. Feels good.

flawless logic

Those are all good advices

>Do not take cold showers. You'll feel better for five minutes then worse. Lukewarm is the best.
Objectively wrong.

A cold shower keeps you cool for hours at a time and are of vital importance after a few days of intense heat.

It depends on how cold it is, but if cold enough the body tries to compensate that by upping the metabolism and generating more heat. I personally always felt worse after a cold bath, with lukewarm being enough to chill you.

>Mexican education

You have a basement? Just chill there the entire day. Always the perfect temperature when it’s hot out.

AC is the only way to go
fans are not useful for a long time

You can do without AC and siestas, just use common sense.

It snowed today and im happy :)

It sounds counter-intuitive, but I always find that drinking tea (especially green) helps me feel refreshed on very hot days.

Attached: 1512324501106.jpg (1154x1171, 282K)

socks and sandals works best for me

>complaining about 30c working indoors

i thought vikings were supposed to be strong

it's the opposite, we have quite dry continental summers, while the humid sea climate helps to get through the heat

last year in the summer my car was clocking 37ºc i was driving with 3 other mates and one of them had the clever idea of closing all the windows and see how long we could last in the heat... after not even 2 minutes i had to open the window or i would crash, sweat instantly forms in your forehead as soon as you close the window