Ancestry of Non-Hispanic "White" Americans

Attached: Ancestry.png (960x550, 580K)

>american
wouldn't that be everyone tho, why even include the others

Germans are white

Sorry if you have a problem with that

Which americans are the most loud about their ancestry?
Here in dutch television "dutch americans" always talk about their dutch ancestry and its really cringeworthy desu

Love how spanish isn't on there, prob because spniards are mongrels xd

irish, chicanos, french orleanians, everyone in new york

I'm still wondering why americans use the "non hispanic" before white?
Why using specifically that term, why not ,non portuguese, or non german, why non HISPANIC only.

Dutch Americans still exist?

Probably Italian Americans.
Dutch Americans aren't much of a thing AFAIK.

Irish, but I support them because it pisses off the Potato Niggers in Ireland because it reminds them that they got cucked so hard by the Anglo that the Americans identity is just as valid as theres

Watch it, ya madigan finook

Attached: 1091-300x264-1.jpg (300x264, 19K)

I've never met anyone who mentioned their Dutch ancestry. German and Irish ancestry are the most common here in the Midwest, but outside of elementary school I've never heard anyone really talk about it.

>french orleanians
But they don't identify with modern France, they identify with the French settlers of Louisiana.
Same with the people with colonial German ancestry.
Its the ancestors of the immigrants who infest the North that do the cringy shit

Apparently.
"Dr Pol" is really popular over here and Michigan and Iowa has some Dutch towns and shit where they walk with Clogs and follow Dutch traditions.
Even though they can't speak a word Dutch.

because there is a lot of hispanics, some have white skin, most don't.

Dutch Americans are Old Stock Americans, they're just grouped in with Anglo and Welsh Americans.

>yfw you muh heritage so badly you LARP as if it's still the same century as your ancestors

Attached: why-dont-amish-get-cancer-600x300.jpg (800x427, 75K)

Irish or Italians

Pella is a town in Iowa with a lot of Dutch ancestry. The people there tend to be very tall and half distinct features compared to the rest of Iowa. They also have a windmill they brought over from Holland.

Why are Scots so unpopular with American wewuzers?

Attached: 1477843228602.png (456x498, 24K)

Also arabs and I don't see americans using the non arabs term

Reminder that the Muh heritage shit doesn't exist in the South, because we are true Americans that settled in the 17th and 18th century.
Even the German and French Southerners don't identify with modern France or Germany, they identify with their ancestors who were French and German settlers of America.

>I'm still wondering why americans use the "non hispanic" before white?
>Why using specifically that term, why not ,non portuguese, or non german, why non HISPANIC only.
Your 1/4 native diaspora try to pretend they are white and we are the one drop country.
DESU though the Hispanic thing is recent and only came about from whining of actual Latino mutts. Latino whining is literally the only reason for "Hispanic" and "non-hispanic" despite you guys being way more racist than whites. I honestly don't know what the fuck the plan of Latinos here was to come up with "Hispanic".

Because most of their descendants are the rednecks that used "American" in that chart

They aren't LARPing. They just truely are so much of a cult that they became so isolated.
Old Stock Americans for the North. For the South old stock is English with some northern irish and german

Like I said, other than "whites", hispanics are the next big majority of people in this country. If you don't use "non-hispanic white" you include all those fuckers from south america basically. I would just call them hispanic but they love to larp as "white". So whatever

where's the Jewish ancestry?

Most of these are american's fault, no one outside of anglo countries use the term hispanic, also to call other's mutt your country must be at least 90% white. Mr 24andme.com

why are americans so obsessed with race and racial identity?

Kiwis love their Scots brethren though?

Attached: 1479514541219.png (473x500, 21K)

It's in our history. Our history is largely based on race and identify those close to you. Tribal mentality because there is all sorts of different people in this country. Also slavery

People shouldn't be proud of their ancestry

Attached: 220px-Marx_old.jpg (220x294, 23K)

Yes

t. dad is a Scot WE WUZZER, even though he's basically a euromutt (Scot/North Irish/Polish)

Youre a bastard people produce from bastardized nations.

Scotch Irish is wut youre looking for.

white hispanics are mutts so there needs to be a separation between larpers like them and real whites

>Scot/North Irish
Basically the same thing thb, Polish bit it is a tad weird but who's counting.

Why the fuck do you televise it?

I've never met a Portuguese American.

I know Lyndsy Fonseca and Tom Hanks but that's it. Canadians do better desu, with Shawn Mendes and Nelly Furtado.

But americans are mutts too, are you forgetting the AMERImutt name?, they even have companies to know how mutt they are, like 23 and me.

do you think Tom Hanks looks Portuguese?

my grandfather painted a few landscape paintings of Ben Nevis because his grandfather was from Scotland and the rest of his family were colonial Scots-Irish

stop acting retarded

BUt Louisiana French is arguably an ethnicity in its own right
Same with Québécois, they don't claim to be metropolitan French

Why are there so many self proclaimed G*rm*ns.

Yup he looks like one desu

American is code word for black, isn't it?

Most of those states are empty, plus I'm assuming German surnames stand out more than Anglo ones

seriously angers me whenever I see normies talking about Amish and saying stupid shit

If you don't care about it, why are you putting them on TV?

Italians in usa were like 18.000.000... They all were to new york? how hard would it be in that time to be from new york and meet someone who wasn't an italian?

based book of mormon belt

because europeans feel vindicated and powerful in that moment because they feel they have something the other person desires but can't have i.e. their ethnic identity

it's really trite and I'm always amazed at how often European, especially Germans for some reason, want to talk about 'stupid Americans thinking they're some nationality and they aren't'

no
and New York was genuinely diverse in that period and had a large and pretty active German population (though the bad Catholic kind mostly) among other things

“American” basically = English

Trust me, English names are the most common. There’s a good reason for that: we were too poor to attract immigrants from other parts of the world past the initial settlers.

How is your vacation in mexico going mr mutt?

are you an amish

Protip: it's not german but germanic because for some reason in the german group they include not only Germany but also Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden and everything was part of the German and Austro-Hungarian Empire
So the german ancestry is like half of Europe

But the French unironically have an identity of their own and aren't just claiming to be German without speaking it, or Irish just because they do the St Patrick and drink beer.

Cajuns still speak their language to this day and if it weren't for Anglos bullying them they would all be fluent in it. Most Cajuns can speak the tongue but not write/read it because it was forbidden to get education in French.

That bit in New England also still speak French, I can confirm. And they are pretty based too.

I'm an expert on the subject
They all live in Fall River, Massachusetts

Based

You're not German.

Attached: 1528421566961.png (960x550, 582K)

Either Germans or Irish, they're all insufferable though.

>denmark
>sweden
proofs?

Really? Tell me more.

They rp really hard
Also portugese chourico is way better than Spanish

Mainly the descendants of 19th century immigrants who aren’t true Americans.
Descendants of 18th century German Settlers are fine

rp?

>Also portugese chourico is way better than Spanish

Good lad.

Attached: 1481667768836.jpg (1286x868, 503K)

Das ist sehr falsch.
German includes every with German ethnicity (Germany, Switzerland and Austria).
It doesn’t include north Germanic, Dutch or English.

>My sister wewuzzes all the time
What do I do?

>rp
Roleplay, as in their heritage is a big part of their life. That being said a lot of them are first/second generation immigrants. My middle school principle was from the azores

Oh fug. Do all white Americans do that? Roleplay their heritage from Europe?

If you're not from a majority population then basically yes
I mentioned Fall River earlier, which is about half portugese, and they don't really exist anywhere else, so they have a common culture I guess. That being said, a lot of them speak portugese as a first language and even more as a second language so I'd assume they have a little more connection with their motherland than other ones

Not in the South at least

Autism

no
my grandmother was Mennonite but I'm Reformed, I am Pennsylvania Dutch though

This desu
They're proud of being Cajuns, not "French"

>The Pennsylvania Dutch are actually descended from Germans

Attached: 1456261766920.png (446x456, 262K)

Dutch is an older English term for continental West Germanic speakers in general, it didn't mean specifically Netherlanders. Most of our ancestry is Palatinate or Swiss, but we also did have Dutch and Huguenot ancestors

The Amish came here after Dutch was restricted to the Low Countries, user. Anglos probably just couldn't/didn't want to pronounce Deutsch.

It’s true. Their word for “german” was “deitsch” so Anglo-Americans were like “whatever Dutch”

I think their language is similar to the dialects of southwestern Germany.

jesus christ, why do you think you know this better than I do? have you actually read anything on this? no, you're just spitting out some stupid opinion based upon a convoluted and uneducated view of history

you genuinely have no clue on what you're talking about, I can't fathom why you wrote this

there's no evidence for this and no academics think this

this is factual

Yeah whatever go fuck your sister

t. LARPer who bases his "knowledge" on Wikipedia articles he read only 10% of

Guys come on we're all gun loving commie hating red white and blue blooded americans
There are french people on this board. No need to hate on each other

Can someone make a sneed edit of this image?

I just can't understand why you people insist this all the time without having an clue, it's like every country yokel who's ever glimpsed an Amish buggy suddenly thinks they have the right to insist upon their uneducated and incorrect view of etymology and history fervently

I know pretty much every academic involved with the Pennsylvania Dutch culture and Pennsylvania German language, yes I know what I'm talking about and Professor Mark Louden, the current pre-eminent authority in the dialect would agree with me

>American
*snap*

Sure you are retard
Dutch hadn't been used to describe Germans for over a hundred years by the time the Amish had arrived
Keep LARPing though

The south is the only region where most of its inhabitants have been here before 1860. In the rest of the country, the majority of the population can only trace their history in America to after the civil war. Hence the south was able to develop an actual sense of nationhood separate from Europe, and the rest of America is muh heritage 1/64th German larpers.

>Dutch hadn't been used to describe Germans for over a hundred years by the time the Amish had arrived

cite your source
you're simply talking about the Republic of the United Netherlands becoming independent and then the arrival of the first Germans in Pennsylvania (who weren't Amish). I didn't realize that in 1581 the Netherlands issued a memo that said that everyone has to call them Dutch (which they don't do in the Dutch language) and that the term no longer applied to Germans?
I have no idea why you're insisting I'm larping

me :)

Attached: 1528421566961.png (960x550, 628K)

This.
The South’s heritage is the Colonial era Settler (who is ussually british but sometime german or French).
But the heritage is th settler, not the country they came from

>caring about ancestry in 2018

>being on Jow Forums at 7am

probably a turk in germany

???