I think steel trader user is right about China

For those that don't know, steel trader user is the guy who posted about his experiences doing business in China and basically detailed how souless and horrible China and Chinese people can be, both in business and everyday life. His lesson was not to learn Mandarin Chinese and to learn Russian or Japanese instead.

After spending about 5 months learning Mandarin Chinese, I'm starting to think he was right. There's almost no foreigner in China who's happy about living there, and a lot of them leave after a year or until they get their money's worth. The Chinese take "networking" in business and put it on steroids, calling it "guanxi." The justice system is corrupt and broken, guanxi being a huge reason. It's hard to do business in China without getting turbo jewed by them. Good samaritans are hard to come by. And that's just a few things. There are some Chinese people that can be great people, but if you look at their society as a whole, it is total shit.

I mean, what the fuck? I thought that these things about China and the Chinese were just overblown, but it looks like it's all fucking true. I don't even see any of this getting fixed anytime soon. Maybe I should just drop Mandarin while I still have the chance and try Russian or Japanese instead.

Attached: 6c29b9bd7c41ca6002481de72f85072e.jpg (800x680, 100K)

For reference.

Attached: 1460257904898.png (1400x5552, 946K)

Why would this depress you? Its not your cunt

Teaching English in China for a year

am i gonna get jewed or am i alright?

If it's any consolation you can look at history, whenever the Chinese hit their zenith they rabidly just kill each other or destroy their society. Their current leader turning himself into a dictator may be a good indicator that the time is approaching.

Where in China? My cousin lives there and when his daughter was born he was told by the doctors to keep the kid indoors and as secluded from the outside as much as possible otherwise the pollutants in the air could cause harm. Also his wife's family is wealthy, which is the reason the doctor even gave him that warning. Hong Kong by the way

I don't know yet desu
Likely not any of the tier 1 cities, but further inland or something

LOL China is stronger than ever.

I've heard that mainlanders are scum, but that's from other Chinese so I wouldn't know how they would treat you. Assuming you're not Chinese yourself.

All empires are at their weakest when they appear to be at their strongest.

Kind of like America now...

I held out thinking that this was all just overblown and that there was still hope but I guess not. I put in a few months' work into this language for that but I'm realizing more and more that people are right about China.

My deals with with a lot of chinese when he’s still alive.
You just got to meet a lot of them and find someone who is willing to trade fairly.

baffles me how anyone would like china or chinese in the first place
i mean chinese takeout is pretty awesome but other than that there is nothing that would produce an affinity for china as a foreigner

Only if you're Sidney Rittenberg.

no shit idiot

And he got two prison sentences out of it.

keked

Attached: China redpill.png (800x5132, 810K)

Chinese culture is about being as colossally bureaucratic and inefficient as possible including a ridiculously complicated writing system and memorizing old books written 600 years ago that teach you social harmony and total obedience to authority like an insect.

Let me illustrated a bit of the gulf between Western and Chinese thinking. The Christian religion is pretty much an integral part of Western civilization and Jesus was the original rebel--he told everyone they needn't obey the complicated and arcane rules of the Jewish religious texts to be saved.

To the Chinese mind, this thinking is anathema--following complicated and silly rules is essential to preserving a stable, well-ordered society.

Stable, well ordered society that's had the biggest and bloodiest civil wars in history.

This pretty much blows out the myth that Chinese society is shit just because of communism. Seems like it's been shit ever since imperial times, especially with that bit of testimony from the missionary in there. Some bits in there describe Chinese society today perfectly. Even it seems the younger generation today isn't changing much. Seems like the Chinese today would only act altruistically in big cities to avoid international outrage and shaming their country, rather than just being good people. In rural areas, where there aren't foreigners and cameras, I'm sure the Chinese still let people drown.

Thanks for posting that, user. Even Einstein thought that the Chinese were shit too.

I have no idea why Napoleon thought China was any kind of potential superpower.

He was dumb.

>anti-Chinese propaganda that Japan paid this guy to write