Drinking general - Pre-midsummer edition

It's thursday night/friday morning and I should be getting some sleep for midsummer tomorrow, but nah.

1. Your country
2. What are you drinking right now?

I'll start.
1. Flag
2. Lata dagars Ängöl

Very grassy/sour IPA, this one. Not a fan of it, in all honesty.

Attached: based-Swedes-5.png (1280x720, 1.05M)

Mercy bump

Attached: 1528704107144.png (657x527, 51K)

The solstace was yesterday?
No lidl beer for me tonight fren, getting clean

>The solstace was yesterday?
Yeah (it's friday here now)

>No lidl beer for me tonight fren, getting clean
Are you going full on straight edge or just cutting down?

Almost falling off the cjair here. Just beer tonite, saving the hard stuff for tomorrow

>Almost falling off the cjair here.
>Just beer tonite
Wew lad, how many have you had? Getting drunk on beer sure is hard work.

Is there a big party tomorrow? I know you guys really celebrate it there and all over the Baltic.
Totally sober for now at least.

what, no, beer gives the perfect fylla, lagom liksom

1. Poland
2. Homemade moonshine

>Is there a big party tomorrow?
For me it's just family tomorrow, but I'll bring some beers and snaps. The average Swede celebrate with family and relatives or friends on a larger scale. It's dinner and snaps all day and evening.

>Totally sober for now at least.
Shit senpai, what you made you decide that?

Hardly. I'm an avid beer drinker and I rarely get drunk on beer alone. I have to binge it for that to happen. A few mixed drinks could get me drunk, or better yet a plain dram of whisky or two gets me that nice half-baked state that is so perfectly enjoyable.

>what you made you decide that?
>the state this sentence

>2. Homemade moonshine
Based.

Needed to for years now mate, health scare was the catalyst
Have fun anyway

>health scare
But do you suffer health degradation because of drinking and want to prevent furthering it or do you just fear it without suffering it?

>Have fun anyway
Thanks fren, I'll have as fun as can be had.

Don't really know a lot about beer because it's the only alcohol I can't stand, but your bottle of kraken shows you are based. These days I'm more on a whisky/absinthe vibe. Last shit I bought was this absinthe from France, it's pretty good, but my best absinthe comes from Czechia.

Is mead big in Sveden or is this just a meme?

Attached: absente-absinthe-with-spoon.jpg (424x600, 98K)

R8 my absinthe here (the Mr. Jekyll one). I haven't tried it yet, it just sits there, so maybe you know something about it before I try it.

>Is mead big in Sveden or is this just a meme?
I don't know about "big", but it's a thing. Mjödhamnen (The mead port) makes seasonal bottles and stuff as well, and offer lots of different bottlings, such as dessert meads. Their summer mead is really good. I drank it from a horn during a blót with friends some summers ago. I should really order another bottle...

Oh, and I just checked their website and apparently they have teamed up with Grimfrost and started exporting to the US, England and Germany.

Attached: MJODHAMNEN-fb-402503_352785474745359_741115888_n.jpg (1000x666, 61K)

I don't know your absinthe sadly. They don't sell it here.

Your mead looks good, is it typical to drink it in a wine glass? Do you have any meads to suggest that are not too sweet?

You can get mead in a few pubs here.
It's usually pretty sickly since it's made of honey.

>1. Your country
USA
>2. What are you drinking right now?
Henry's Hard Lemon Lime

>I don't know your absinthe sadly. They don't sell it here.
Ah, alright.

>Your mead looks good, is it typical to drink it in a wine glass?
Uh, I dunno really. I'm not familiar with modern mead drinking culture. I've only ever had it from horns or the bottles themselves (small, beer sized ones that is). But mead is a type of honeywine after all, so I guess it works to fancy drink it from your standard wine glass.

>Do you have any meads to suggest that are not too sweet?
Yeah, Mjödhamnen's summer mead. :^)
Most other meads I've tried were very sweet - some even to the point where it became hard to drink, but the two bottles of summer and autumn mead I've had from Mjödhamnen (pic related, Sommar and Höst in the middle) have been pretty ace and more wine like than sweet and sugary like.

I'd also look out for Medovarus (Russian mead). Really good for what I can remember. Had this with friends by a lake in the summer. Also good memories. Everyone who tasted this liked it.

Attached: 738768.jpg (600x1200, 77K)

>pic related
I said and forgot the fucking pic
Holy shit, when will I get my act together?

Attached: Mjöd-Årstider.jpg (730x365, 26K)

Our mead is quite a lot stronger than this, usually 12-14%. Served in normal half-pint / pint glasses.

I’m drinking this again after I payed import fees. Expensive but bretty gud beer

Attached: 60D38559-1A4C-4BCD-A7A8-EA5C1D1CB604.jpg (3024x4032, 3.65M)

Mead varies, but generally Medovarus is really good despite being low on the strength.

Oh, hello. I remember you. I discussed Greenland with an Aussie because of your post with that beer not too long ago. How's that ice sheet beer btw?

Not bad at all.

still drinking /general/?

Attached: irina.jpg (343x437, 26K)