EOS token economics

Can someone explain how the EOS token has any value whatsoever I mean you can't stake it and you can't mine it so what's the point?

Attached: IMG_1693.png (1050x825, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/EOSIO/Documentation/blob/master/EOS.IO Storage.pdf
fortune.com/2018/02/08/blockchain-everipedia/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably nobody knows

I don’t understand either and I tried dymr. Block producers will definetly profit from staking rewards but it’s not clear if they intend to redistribute them. I just know the Chinese miners are pumping it and I’m riding this wave. I’m gonna dumo before the mainnet and put it in a dividend coin like NEO

I mean can you explain why any of these internet meme tokens have any value whatsoever?

A second generation of scam ICOs.

How btc or eth have any value? Can you explain why several bytes are worth 9k?

Bitcoin and Ethereum are PoW and I understand that to an extent where it takes a certain amount of energy to create a bitcoin etc.
I don't understand how anyone is incentivized accept for the 21 node operators plus it's not even an open self verifiable blockchain is t?

As soon as somebody wants to buy something from you, whatever that is, it suddenly has certain value.

Tokens literally have no purpose

It's the most obvious scam this year

Absolutely cannot believe this fucking thing with 1billion circulating has this much revenue

Stay poor fag

tokens represent real estate on the blockchain and give voting rights for block producers. you hold tokens and you get a piece of the band width.

It's made to make Brock Pierce rich. EOS bag holders are his bottom bitch.

I've been scratching my head as this too. Also WAX is just taking EOS tech and making there own blockchain. Whats stopping others from doing the same? Long term this looks like bad. But sure I guess early investors made a lot of money hope you all dump before you become bagholders.

Community support. They went with their own because they didn't like the governance model. If anything, it's still bullish af for EOS since it's clearly superior tech (since they chose that over many others).

Novagrats who I believe was backing EOS with 1 billion was shilling WAX ICO on MSNBC in January.

Well here’s the thing: the user pays nothing. There is no need to incentivize the user because using EOS is free. Block producers are validating transactions and they are paid in inflation.
Idk about open self verifiable. Tbqh I’m new to crypto

inflation Is another thing. He did the same thing with steem and the way the payment system is structured it looks like a pyramid scheme.

if someone wants to just launch a blockchain and copy EOS they need to run a year long ICO as well. the token distribution is what makes EOS different.

Youll be able to buy all the scam EOS ICOs with it. So its essentially like ETH, what is ETH used for? To buy scam ETH ICOs.

definitely not true

lol no

>definitely not true
>lol no

OK how else are they gonna do it faggot? DPOS needs fair distribution to work. A really long, expensive ICO is the only way I can think of to actually do it. Otherwise you're just gonna have whales buying all the tokens and controlling it / dumping on plebs whenever they want.

NANO

from what i could glean from shillers

the foundation is paying some people to host the network at the start
producers get paid through EOS tokens, up to 5% annual inflation, new tokens created.
if you hold 1% of EOS tokens, your smart contracts can use up to 1% of the CPU time of the network.
So you pay the hosting costs of your dapp, and then the users don't have to worry about owning any tokens, they don't even know you're using EOS.
it's an okay scheme, but i honestly don't see a huge market for dapps, but more especially when the cost of hosting your dapp is tied to a speculative token that's built on hype.

unless you really need your app to be decentralized EOS will be the most expensive hosting option...

>but i honestly don't see a huge market for dapps
kek, stay poor. This is like saying "I don't see a huge market for the internet" in 1995.

>dymr

I also couldn't understand after doing your my research.

Why?
Is it more reliable than traditional servers?
no
Is it cheaper?
no
Is it faster?
no
Remember, ETH is the most expensive computing machine in the world. EOS will be the same. Who do you see moving all their shit to dapps?

Hot take: tokens without a burn mechanic are destined to be worthless

> most expensive computing machine
> bitcoin wastes an entire countries electricity

seriously, do you even read what you're typing?

Attached: 1522710693238s.jpg (224x250, 8K)

Bitcoin has no burn mechanic, neither does ETH. Deflationary currencies go about due to human burn (people dying, losing wallets, etc).

BPs have the option to destroy instead of inflate

>Why?
>Is it more reliable than traditional servers?
>no
>Is it cheaper?
>no
>Is it faster?
>no
>Remember, ETH is the most expensive computing machine in the world. EOS will be the same. Who do you see moving all their shit to dapps?
Does it allow a whole new kind of application that are autonomous and decentralized?
yes

Also EOS has a completely different consensus algo that is a million times cheaper than eth.

you have no idea what you're talking about. i'm talking about smart contracts, which bitcoin doesn't do.
have you been anywhere near production servers?

you niggas never learn and understand why EOS pumping
see here. EOS has solid token economics, much better than eth or infact any top 100.

> who ever want to run dapps, need to buy EOS and hold it for badwidth.

you know why its safe. in eth token use to buy ico's and dump, where as every one in EOS buy and hold.

also endless free airdrops.

Tbh I can't see a use case for dapps either, but I also know actually predicting the future is virtually impossible and experts routinely get it wrong. The thing is as your perspective shifts you can't even remember why you didn't believe in this new thing when it was happening.
Case in point, smartphones. I thought smartphones were pointless and people wouldn't use them because the browsing experience was shitty, who needs apps for everything a laptop can do anyway etc.
At this point just bet on a handful of emerging technologies and hope they pay off. I'm betting on dapps because smarter people will find a use for them.

>Why?
>Is it more reliable than traditional servers?
>no
>Is it cheaper?
>no
>Is it faster?
>no
>Remember, ETH is the most expensive computing machine in the world. EOS will be the same. Who do you see moving all their shit to dapps?
Also EOS isn't a replacement for traditional servers. Your argument is a brainlet argument. All apps that use EOS will still use traditional servers but just have an EOS layer.

EOS does have a plan for decentralized hosting but it's not part of this release.

>autonomous and decentralized?
you didn't answer my question, who cares about having their app decentralized? it's much much more expensive than traditional hosting.

consensus is not an expense, so 0/1 million = 0
Blockchain space is an expense, and that is why there is a gas limit. EOS did nothing to solve that problem.

>you didn't answer my question, who cares about having their app decentralized?
So there's 500 billion $ of people that care about having their money decentralized.

And there's 5billion $ that cared about investing in ICOs though a decentralized funding method (eth smart contracts).

But in your mind, it will stop there. No one will ever care about any other application of decentralization.

You really are a brainlet.

where can I find documentation about this plan to decentralize hosting?

so nobody? you can't name a single corporation that has said "we're moving to EOS because X,Y,Z"
counting speculator money is foolish

>where can I find documentation about this plan to decentralize hosting?
github.com/EOSIO/Documentation/blob/master/EOS.IO Storage.pdf

>I thought smartphones were pointless
Time to sleep grandpa

Here’s a you
fortune.com/2018/02/08/blockchain-everipedia/

Attached: D5C00769-AFA3-42AC-BA3A-C0DE406666F0.png (1416x1600, 606K)

>so nobody? you can't name a single corporation that has said "we're moving to EOS because X,Y,Z"
lol that's a fucking brainlet argument. EOS isn't even released, why would anyone talk about switching to it? It's not even guaranteed to actually work.

This thread is a perfect example of why Jow Forums is one of the dumbest boards on Jow Forums. If you can't figure out why eos tokens will be incredibly valuable and have far more hodling power than ethereum then don't buy any. Simple as that. Don't come here and expect to be spoon fed information that is easily googleable.

Bitfinex is making eosfinex, and everpedia is moving to eos, to name a couple.

wikipedia has to beg for donations to survive...

>wikipedia has to beg for donations to survive...
lol dude you just keep getting BTFO and then switching topics to another brainlet argument.

Wikipedia makes 100 mil in donation per year. It could make a lot more from ads. It just decides not to to stay unbiased.

Another brainlet argument BTFO.

Are you retarded? Wikipedia has more money than they know what to do with.

I'll stick with my Zilliqa.

That's a retarded argument.

The Wikimedia group is like the fourth largest entity on the internet after Google, Facebook and Microsoft.

ok, but everpedia is not wikipedia. everpedia has 2000 users.
they're basically nobodies

Same founders as Wikipedia fucking brainlet

Tokens that burn will run out of supply eventually.

Buying right now is like buying Ethereum at $170 early 2017. Now...what about Casper and sharding? Is ETH just going to stop development? There's a shit ton of money behind it and people want to see it succeed like never before. EOS logo is also satanic which probably means it'll take over the world. Dan is satanist his response to why he picked the logo he did told me everything I needed to know.

Really don't know what's going to happen this is going to be fun to watch.

Satoshi would not approve 100% I know that for fact based on his on views about having a self verifiable trustless blockchain that everyone may participate in.

I'm 28, the iphone only came out ten years ago faggot.

If you think that smart phones had a point then you should probably an hero just out of basic humanity. You probably bought Nano above 10 dollars too!

I didn't think they had a point retard that's what I'm saying. Now people can't live without them. Predicting the future is hard, you're arrogant because you're inexperienced. There's a reason history textbooks are full of quotes from people saying shit like 'Only 5 personal computers will ever be bought' etc because in the mind of the person (some CEO of IBM I think) a computer is just a powerful scientific calculator. To predict the future requires redefining your preconceived notions of what X is. In the same way when you or I hear 'dapp' we think of AirBNB on the blockchain which is retarded. But in a decade dapps could be something completely different from how we imagine apps today.

The fuck are you talking about?

If you are arguing against EOS and a dapps platform then you out yourself as having ZERO EXPERIENCE with technology. That means you are one of those idiots who thought television and the internet is a fad.

How the fuck are you going to equate that to arrogance. You only THINK I am arrogant in the same way a flat earthers think people who believe in round earth theory are arrogant.

> In the same way when you or I hear 'dapp' we think of AirBNB on the blockchain which is retarded. But in a decade dapps could be something completely different from how we imagine apps today.

I am straight out fucking telling all of you. If you do not understand the gravity of a fully operational dapps platform with a low cost of entry you are no better than when IBM execs laughing in Bill gates face when he talked about a device called a mouse.

If you do not have at least a little EOS in or portfolio you clearly do not give a fuck about money.

I should seriously proof read my posts... God damn it.

> But in a decade dapps could be something completely different from how we imagine apps today.

I believe that the next generation wont even refer to crypto as coins anymore. It will all be dapps or some new word we have no memed yet. A lot of us will talk to our kids or maybe a younger person some day and realize they dont even know what a "coin" is.

Dapps are the future of this tech.

Ono the chinese social media site will be launching on EOS

Also, same founder of Genius (formally rapgenius).

This shit is the next step in crypto whether you like it or not.

There will probably be a version of steemit as well. There will be a lot of social media on EOS. It will most likely shape peoples perception of crypto and political leanings.

Social media on EOS will cause people to lean toward the libertarian side of the spectrum. When the government no bullshit begins taxing upvotes.