Why do Auslards and Murrifats need air conditioners...

Why do Auslards and Murrifats need air conditioners? Are they really that fat and stupid to understand how to open a window?

Is that the same reason why they drive automatics?

Attached: 1445268150067.jpg (684x513, 71K)

It is because

They cannot collect rainwater

>let hot air in the building
>wow americans are so fat and stupid why didn't they think of this XD

You'd like air condition too if you could afford it

Dont Euros have them too? What do you do when it's 30 C and you want the house to be 18 C to sleep nice and well?

They open a window to feel like they've done something and then they toss and turn the whole night drenched in sweat

They actually don't but sometimes people die without them

Open a window, buy a fan, sleep on top of the covers...

>What do you do when it's 30 C and you want the house to be 18 C to sleep nice and well?
We open the window ayy lmao.
Pic related

Attached: weather.jpg (653x513, 99K)

>Euros
It's a south vs north thing. They're incredibly rare north of Italy. We don't have a lot of hot days, and especially no hot nights so people never really got accustomed to airconditioning.
They are a thing at workplaces though

> 100° with 95% humidity
> Just open the window

Attached: 42-47410005.jpg (800x1200, 178K)

How's the humidity over there? If it's high then opening the window doesn't do jack shit.

>Dont Euros have them too?

They're very common here these days, but we call them heat pumps due to mainly being used for energy-efficient heating during most of the year.

I hated it when I worked.

This. I have mine turned off all the time because it makes the air dry

I live in the south so dry air is like a sacred gift to me.

Between 80%-60%. It's very comfy

>They're incredibly rare north of Italy.

As I said before, they're very common here, but we mainly use them for heating, not cooling. However, they're all unidirectional.

>As I said before, they're very common here, but we mainly use them for heating, not cooling. However, they're all unidirectional.

I mean *bidirectional, of course.

Well I haven't been to Sweden I must admit. You just will never see any appartment buildings in the Netherlands nor Germany with an AC on every unit like you would in Italy, Greece or Hong Kong.

Almost all of the US shares a climate similar to Spain

Attached: eu vs us.jpg (720x1110, 99K)

I have an ac and used it like 5 times, waste of money. when it's off it's hot, when it's on it's too cold. If I increase the temperature it becomes too hot.
So I just stick to open windows.

We have humidity too, but it's never as bad as in the American south. In general Western-Europe has a very mild climate in any regard. It never gets blazing hot nor arctic cold and humidity is mostly below 90 and above 50.

>climate similar to Spain
not at all. Your sunshine is comparable to Spain but your climate is completely different to Spain. I think only California has a climate like most of Spain.

They're not used for apartment buildings, typically, as those often have district heating and such (which is excess energy from industry etc.). It's overwhelmingly single-family houses that have heat pumps (AC). About 1.2 million households in Sweden have them installed and about 96 percent of those are single-family houses. We have about 4.5 million households in total, by the way, so that's a huge market.

I also live in the south and the humidity here makes things much hotter.

In Los Angeles most homes don’t have AC because they don’t need it. I thought that was incredible.

But most commonly, people here set their AC to a certain temp that’s pretty hot, then use a fan to make it cooler. That uses the least energy.

Still doesn't change the fact that it doesn't do anything

Reading this makes it seem like it's more of a luxury thing people have installed in their house because they can afford it rather than it being neccessary.
Rich Dutch people probably have climate control in their houses too.

Because they aren't poor thirdies like you

civilized people know how to control and improve their environment.
Herr Gott, bewahr uns vor der Ungarn Wuth.

>Reading this makes it seem like it's more of a luxury thing people have installed in their house because they can afford it rather than it being neccessary.

No, not at all. People install them to save money on heating, primarily. Electricity is very cheap here. It's just a side bonus that you can use them for cooling if there's a heatwave in the summer, as well.

How often are heat waves in Sweden?

Old worlders simply dont appreciate comfort, they are cramped in their cities and apartments together in misery

muh not having to tip tho

That's literally me:--DDDD

Dry cold and dirty air is not comfort.

>tfw no government issued vaporizer

Depends on where you live and what you mean by a heat wave. Here, the official definition of a heat wave is when the maximum temperature exceeds 25° five days in a row. Very rarely does this happen in the north, but it happens every other year or so in the south. This year, as I understand it, has seen a few heatwaves.

ya know i'm in a southern state at home without the AC on, just a fan, it's pretty comfy. middle of june it doesn't get too much worse

How different do these look to you?

Attached: vineyard spain.jpg (1162x872, 140K)

>build cities with millions of people in the middle of the fucking desert

For example: Phoenix, AZ. This place would be near uninhabitable without AC (and indeed it was a small town until relatively recently). Sounds completely whack, considering there are plenty of places in the US with more moderate climate.

Attached: okanagan canada.jpg (650x366, 90K)

They look pretty damn different dude. have you ever been to California? he's right, canada is not the same bro. When I went to a ranch in california it was like a totally different world. There were all sorts of fruit trees, bushes, even the dirt looked better. Oh and there were horses too.
Escondido county

I have 5 AC units installed in my home, one for every room except the bathroom and I couldn't imagine living without them.
>just open the windows lol
So that dust and insects can enter and noise from the streets can keep me awake? No thanks.

Where are you from? The deserts of California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada and B.C look very similar

M8 I'm simply trying to point out that other than sunshine many things in the USA are different from Spain. ie the humidity of the South, the freezing winters of the midwest and north, the rain of PNW, the land climate of the entire centre of the country and the desert climate of the South-West (though Spain has this one too).
I'm just saying that climate is more than just the sunshine or even temperature.

euros so poor they cant afford ac lmao

fuck living without air-conditioning

Based truthbomber. Even middle East uses ACs. But europoors are still living in the middle ages