what did reality mean by this?

Attached: nativeee.jpg (640x360, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippian_culture
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cahokia
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kincaid_Mounds_State_Historic_Site
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That Mesoamerica and the Andes were hospitable for civilizations to thrive

north america actually had huge civilizations but a wave of disease on the level of the black death struck in and around the time of colonization
cahokia was bigger then london and it was in bumfuck illinois

Mountain people master race*

*I guess Mayans were alright

Abos are dumb as fuck.

We're talking about the Americas not Australia

There was never a need for advanced stationary civilizations in North and South America. Way to much room for a rather limited number of people. Central America being much more compact led to more farming and building and less mobile roaming and hunting.

canadians call injuns aborigines

>north america: no advanced civilizations and cultures
Not at all correct. The Iroquois Confederacy was quite an advanced civilization.

it would have taken another 300 years for the population of north america to start undergoing the same level advancement as europe. While there was plenty of violent warlike tribes the sheer size of NA mean't that losers could just walk away and still find great land

this

Attached: metallurgy americas.jpg (288x315, 12K)

it was the cloud people all along :V

No horses are native in the Americas so it was nigh on impossible to begin the first steps on mass scale farming, industrialisation, building and exploration

there was horses in NA, they were just eaten to extinction

although that doesn't really explain how several tribes when reintroduced to horses became horse lords in less then 200 years

>While the extinctions around the late Pleistocene saw the end to mammoths, giant sloths, horses and the like in the Americas, the extinction rate of North American mammals actually reached its highest level some six million years ago, resulting in the demise of about 60 genera. Several species of horses were driven to extinction at that time. Not so long ago, there was no evidence of an overlap between North American horse extinction and the arrival of humans, let alone evidence of their hunting horses. There is now clear evidence that mankind hunted North American horses but were they doing so in numbers that made a difference? It is a question that may never be answered. Evidence also suggests horses were originally domesticated, not just for riding, but also to provide food, including milk. “It’s hard to see this as one of those things where a single piece of evidence will make it obvious what happened,” Scott Wing, a paleobiologist at the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of Natural History, told National Geographic. “The phenomenon that people are trying to explain is not something that happened in one place at one time. It happened across the globe, at different times on different continents. I think that there are clearly multiple factors involved.”

>they were just eaten to extinction
long before any other civilization anywhere else in the world appeared

MAYANS are mountain GODS
chiapas is mountainous af

>trying this hard to copy australia

There where cities in north america, but they died out way before the europeans came in. Mostly due to natural shit and diseases.

I always think it would cool to imagine what NA would’ve been like if the indigenous peoples were given 500-1000 more years to develop. It seems they were just on the verge of making a lot of social/tech advancement right when we came and destroyed their civilizations. Although I love living here, it’s sad to think a whole continent’s unique cultures are pretty much lost - the indigenous languages especially are fascinating

I too have always wondered what it would be like if natives were given some more time to grow as a civ, to become relevant on the world stage

I'm wondering how valid these claims are. Would be cool if it was true.

amazonas is a hard place to live

and aparently north america was a desert in the west and massively flooded in the west for most of human history (check this pretty interesting now that we are entering into a solar minimum)

flooded in the east*

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippian_culture
>dirt mound hill reminiscent of aztecan temples
>extensive trading network
>traded copper as far notth as northern ontario

>north america: no advanced civilizations and cultures
Iroquois federation was considered the Rome of the New World

Attached: 1511802298926.png (800x800, 21K)

Considering you are a dane you should know what it means, uh?

I have a hard time trusting "history" anymore, especially history with an extremely limited set of primary and secondary sources to draw conclusions from

I like to think this big mega city existed in the midwest but in reality could be a collection of vilages, mounds, and rudimentary shit which someone extrapolated

Meso-America was arguably a lot less "hospitable" than north America
I mean its literal jungle, not exactly a forgiving environment yet they created high civilization there
there were more advanced northern societies like the people of the Mississippi river and pueblo
the issue is we just don't know very much about the natives

*chugs

Mesoamerica has multiple climates

so does north America
but the warm-temperate environment of what is now the USA is far better and has less diseases like malaria
and the Mayans lived in literal jungle, like the Khmer

It's really easy to get a ton of people in one place when you have a year round growing season and no real industry.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cahokia
38° 39 14 N, 90° 3 52 W
>largest pre-colombian site north of mexico
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kincaid_Mounds_State_Historic_Site
37° 4 50 N, 88° 29 30 W
Except that most of these places were palisaded, which pretty much concludeds that these were occupied by a population living in a compact area (city/town)
Mind you these are considered quite small relative to today’s standards of city size. Hell, london was the about the same size as the latter city i posted in the 16th century
>pic related
over a century after the mississipian culture disappeared

Attached: 40E71ACF-EA7D-4230-8A03-897917646651.jpg (800x752, 308K)