What are some things you simply don't understand about America?

What are some things you simply don't understand about America?

For me, their supreme court system. The way they have it set up is atrocious

Attached: 1521033131241.jpg (655x643, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=10qatUWwIeg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't understand why New Zealand is a country.

The fact that much of the country is very third worldish

why anglo countrys are so obsessed with it

Tipping is one

wearing shoes indoors. why??? just why?

>why all countrys are so obsessed with it

why not? we don't all have carpets

So fucking stupid. Just pay people a proper wage

Why giving coffee to children is not right but giving them a gun is ...

You drag dirt into the house

and so is mutilating their penises...

Their obsession with race. Everything from the media to sports to politics is examined through race.

they had a very tough history about that, I think that's why

Most americans go from car>garage>house so not many opportunities for dirt. Obviously if your shoes are muddy you take them off

we have sidewalks, roads, and concrete
in our country...

Democracy

And you also have dirty fucking houses

that's what happens when you're the only melting pot in the world. The new world was built on the dreams of people from all over the world. Talking about race isnt necessarily a bad thing imo. Although kaepernick kneeling triggered the fuck out of me since i just wanna watch football and not have some retard think kneeling will solve police brutality

I am curious. What do you not like about the Supreme Court system? Also what do you find better about your court system?

Racebaiting is a billion dollar industry.

did you know UK set up their own supreme court in 2009 to ape ours. hilarious

It started as a courtesy for service, it was seen as polite

Businesses noticed that it made servers a lot of money on the side and docked their pay as a result so that it would encourage servers to be on their best behavior and provide the best service possible so that they could get the tips necessary to cover their wage loss
When the public learned about this they thought it mandatory to tip so that servers could make a livable wage

Nowadays most people recognize the whole thing as stupid

lots of other countries like Australia are a melting pot too, but race isn't as fetishised in every debate here as it seems to be in America.

Not to mention everyone who is a server/ bartender/etc likes the system

So do Americans actually wear shoes indoors? Shit I thought that was a meme.

No wonder their country has gone to shit in these past few years.

Attached: 1522456169972.png (1024x486, 55K)

No its not a meme. Listen to any american tv series on netflix hell even the Simpsons. Americans always wear shoes indoor, I think they take them off to sleep but Im really not sure.

Obsession with race in every fucking debate and tipping, although these two propagated to Canada. Also their belief that states have as many differences between them than european countries...

Although I like the fact they can have guns and dont care about Muslims one bit, and Im not even a Jow Forumstard

they wear shoes inside the house because otherwise their feet will be deformed because of the weight

>Leafs learn about the world through cartoons and sitcoms
No wonder you're all so fucking stupid

Kek. Ive seen it IRL too. That was just a way for the japan guy to see it without taking a plane to burgerland.

It's still dirty and disgusting. You're allowing germs and fecal matter to brew on your floor.
Enlightening post. I had no idea.
You fucking savage

what's wrong with the supreme court?

Things, I as an American find strange about America
>Obsession/glorification of war/soldiers
>Legal system is completely fucked/corrupt cops never get punished
>Intellectually everyone has to be 'right in their own way' even if what they believe in is retarded (this is why we have such profound ignorance and extreme beliefs such as flat earth etc)

I think maybe because it's a show and they are acting? Show me a show not made in america that they were their shows inside their homes. Sometimes i do, sometimes i don't. It depends. Can't tell you about the other americans, because we are all different people. If i visit family or friends I would keep my shoes on.

>wearing shoes indoors. why??? just why?
A lot of people don't at home.

>So do Americans actually wear shoes indoors? Shit I thought that was a meme.
Some people do it. I take mine off when I get home.

Because the civil war is a defining part of the creation of America as a nation.
A lot of America's weirdness can basically be explained by the fact it had to be created artificially rather than existing "naturally" and being able to trace itself back to time immemorial. Even Australia, New Zealand and Canada can trace their British (and Quebec's French) heritage back to see where they came from, but for America - having rejected Britain by rebelling rather than waiting and staying close - they had to create something new out of whole cloth.

What's funny is how Britain abolished slavery by cutting slaveowners a fucking massive cheque and letting them keep their slaves as "apprentices" for like a decade, and even then we exempted the East India Company from having to dump their slaves for like 30 years after that - but none of the whining about slavery in Britain actually goes through our own amusingly villainous history without a karmic ending (the moral of the story is being a slaveholder will get you lots of government cash?), it's built on the mould of slavery in America, rarely even the parts we were complicit in, just the fact it happened. America's cultural dominance builds in that sort of worldview. It's the same with most race stuff in general. People are more interested in George Wallace than Enoch Powell.

Dumbass liars.

Americans wear their shoes in the house period. That is the norm, a minority of Americans do not. However, I think it is starting to lose popularity with generation Y and Z and are starting to take their shoes off when entering homes.

Wearing shoes inside is fucking revolting once you stop and realize what you are doing.

shut the fuck up and post about literally anything else. American bait threads are as bad as generals at this point. FUCK YOUR BORING

These are huge ones, especially the last one. When Americans are stupid and wrong, they dive into it and make themselves as annoying as possible. Try to talk to them about it, and they ignore you, insult you, then post some shitty link from a blog

why?
supreme court justices are not elected, and can hold the position for life

that way they never have to pander to anyone to keep their job, and they cant be blackmailed, and lobbiests have no effect on them, because what can you give to someone who has absolute power?

thay cannot make laws, they can only tell which laws are against the constitution

the judicial branch exists to check the other two branches with absolute power, they cant do anything on their own, but they can end the other two branches with the simple stroke of a pen

what about the system is atrocious?

Attached: ChksBalnces[1].gif (495x460, 25K)

>proxy

Honestly the main thing about the us which really weirds me out is how christian it seems, there seem to be alot of people taking the bible literally

1. Propaganda to trick Americans into dying for their ruling class, and to pay the military industrial complex whatever it wants.
2. Americans have been ruled over by corporate and political oligarchy since the 1800's.
3. This is born from our freedom of speech and individuality. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. In other countries I suspect that everyone has a right to interpret the facts for themselves.

It's mainly boomers that are dying out. I would not call the USA Christian, I'd call it superstitious. We believe in God and all that stuff but most self-proclaimed Christians don't follow the bible at all yet still think they're sinless or whatever.

>Literally Irish trash
>Literally a racial proxy

>what about the system is atrocious?
the way of resolving disputes between executive and legislature is laughable. it's not a system for effective government, it's a system designed to stop deadlock.
there's a reason nearly every country that based their form of government off the US system has suffered a coup.
the president is popularly elected, so is congress. both can claim democratic legitimacy so when they get into deadlock you wind up with the two waiting one another out. you know what britain does? if the prime minister doesn't have the confidence of parliament, parliament holds a vote of confidence, the government loses and a new election happens so that the people can make their decision on the issue.
also you wind up with the executive implementing unwanted legislation in bad faith or simply ignoring it. You'd never get the situation Trump faced over immigrant children in the UK, because if the Prime Minister (well, more likely home secretary) didn't like the law they could put a new law before parliament, parliament would approve it, and they would no longer be forced to preside over a law they didn't like but couldn't change.

the colonies were founded by zealots who were too religious for europe

the pilgrims (who started Thanksgiving) came to america because they wern't allowed to persecute people as harshly as they wanted to back in england

1600's europe was too tolerant for them (they couldnt jail or execute people for their religious beliefs back in england)

seeing how the old punishment for zealots was to ship them off to america, im honestly suprised we arnt worse

then again i live in the north, away from batshit insane southern baptists

Attached: 5a0dd102dff24847a5d6e76a0b2b09aa[1].jpg (625x424, 87K)

I'm not saying people should be banned from believing stupid things. Culturally though, Americans seem to be really unwilling to admit they're wrong. They will deflect until the other person just gives up. It's just annoying

Probably has to do with the radical religious zealots that colonized America originally colonized America. This part of our culture will never go away because it's simply too late.

>You'd never get the situation Trump faced over immigrant children in the UK, because if the Prime Minister (well, more likely home secretary) didn't like the law they could put a new law before parliament, parliament would approve it, and they would no longer be forced to preside over a law they didn't like but couldn't change.
You're ignoring the fact that the situation was the Trump administration's idea and they had every power to change it, as was made evident when they did so

aren't we still in a situation that nobody likes where the law is technically being complied with in letter if not in spirit

If trump was competent or willing he could request congress to draft legislation fixing it

>foreskins, or the lack of them
>shoes indoors
>showing the prices before taxes
>pick up trucks
>religion
Those are on my wtf list, I guess.

congress could refuse
in the UK the government could just put forward new legislation themselves, which parliament vote for or against. if the government was resolutely determined to get it accepted, they could make the legislation a confidence issue. if they lost that, there would be new elections and the people themselves could decide. that recourse, in the last resort, is incredibly valuable for breaking deadlock without sending in the tanks.

in the US system it's entirely plausible that they just spend 2-4 years staring one another out instead.

>the pilgrims (who started Thanksgiving) came to america because they wern't allowed to persecute people as harshly as they wanted to back in england
>1600's europe was too tolerant for them (they couldnt jail or execute people for their religious beliefs back in england)

Wrong. The King just didn't like competition. You think he wanted to be out-competed in terms of religious persecution?

>Listen to any american tv series on netflix hell even the Simpsons. Americans always wear shoes indoor

>cartoons
>IRL
Dude...

That doesn't work here because the Constitution explicitly sets elections as being every two years for the House, every six for the Senate, and every four for the president.

>Obsession/glorification of war/soldiers
Guilt thing over Vietnam, mostly.

then you don't understand US history

How willing a significant portion of their population is to cut back on public funding, allow corporations to take over, and reduce taxes to save a few hundred dollars while their communities rot and their wealthy masters laugh. I guess it's all the mythic self-reliance, free American myth they want to create, or how they think help from society makes them weak.

The Founders purposely intended this to happen because a government that works too efficiently could be a threat to liberty.

>allow corporations to take over

How cute, it thinks every country in the world doesn't have moneyed interests that can influence public policy.

lol not on our scale.

that's just another flaw of the system though
even if you want to keep elections staggered (i.e. always have the chance for control and power to shift mid-term) you could always go for an Australian style system where snap elections can be called, but then a further election to bring things back into sync will need to be called later.

all you really need is a maximum term, minimum terms are a mess.

true but it's farcical in a modern state

Do you really think Obama should have had unlimited power and Congress couldn't gridlock him forever? Thank god the Founders were that good.

As an American, I think it's pretty fucked up how we cut up guys' dicks. I'm literally missing part of my cock simply for being born here. Pretty surreal that I have the mark of a Stone Age blood ritual on my genitalia while my friends from actual developed First World countries are totally intact and won't have to go through the rest of their lives wondering what normal sex feels like.

inb4 wow you're talking about dicks so gay lol

The rate of circumcision has been dropping since 2000 anyway.

Not enough. Aside from maybe the few Mexicans and Chinese, everybody does it where I live, no questions asked.

Yeah thank God he wasn’t allowed to oppress us with free healthcare

"free"

>free

Attached: 18buy3.jpg (313x263, 25K)

Why do they hate us so bad? What did we ever do to them?

>since 2000
I doubt you're looking at very many children's dicks unless you're a nurse/pediatrician or are engaged in activities of questionable legality. If you were born in the 80s-90s as you probably are, shock that most of your peer group is cut?

>there are people who unironically think more government is better than less

Attached: ff7a4d6d4787cb04f90f074a7f8a702d--american-presidents-american-history[1].jpg (736x637, 100K)

We are arguably less homogenous than USA, and although Brazil is a shit hole our problems don't end up on us relying on our race makeup but on real issues. You will never score a real secure future unless you guys can live with each other

The last data on the rate in my state was nearly 90% statewide. I don't have to look at anybody's dicks, I know that everybody does it just because people around here do not question doctors ever, and even if you DO say no doctors will coerce you until you say yes.

>If you were born in the 80s-90s as you probably are, shock that most of your peer group is cut?

Well, what is that supposed to mean? It was no less wrong then than it is now.

the choice isn't between more government or less, but between competent and incompetent government
the US government is partially a bloated mess because nobody can actually get in with an axe to clean it up a bit without being crushed to death by 40 layers of of redundant power-separation where every sane country has just fitted an on-off switch, half of which prevent politicians pressing "on" in the interests of small government by throwing them out of parliament for doing so.

>obsession with war and militarism
>obsession with guns
>clapping
Basically they're violent maniacs who like clapping themselves.

Also, the following video is something else I don't understand about Americans. They honestly believe that America is beyond criticism and should be blindly defended even when the facts demonstrate the opposite:

youtube.com/watch?v=10qatUWwIeg

Cant speak for all americans but I only hate swedes who post on this board

That's just Jow Forums meme shit. Most Americans barely know anything about Sweden.

I'll tell you something I've noticed about people here: they can't imagine why anybody would want to leave this country. I've tried to ask for advice on emigration before and if it's Americans responding, they almost ALWAYS ask why I would ever want to leave and tell me that there isn't anything in Europe or wherever that I couldn't find here.

Try it for yourself. Go to Jow Forums and pretend to be an American wanting to move out of the country. I guarantee you that'll be 99% of the responses.

>basing your opinion of cunts off of Krautchan memes
Shig.

>they almost ALWAYS ask why I would ever want to leave and tell me that there isn't anything in Europe or wherever that I couldn't find here.
Well, what would you get aside from some old buildings? Europe is getting more and more Americanized with each passing decade anyway.

Their stupidity on Jow Forums and reddit. Theyre not all dumb but theyre always the dumbest ones.

>Well, what would you get aside from some old buildings?

Case in point.

Wait, aren't you the cunt where there's no proper equivalent of the 1st Amendment and 6 year olds have been arrested for racism?

Attached: squidward.jpg (512x384, 25K)

Attached: 1521109603066.jpg (979x1024, 223K)

a different way of life

supreme court is much weaker here

Did not answer my question, but...

Do you think other countries don't have stupid, corrupt politicians? Do you think other countries don't have POCs? Do you think other countries don't have McDonalds? Do you think women in France are more pure and less slutty than here? Do you think if you're a loser here, you'd magically stop being one there?

Pick up trucks are because a huge portion of the country is rural and blue collar. Pick ups let them haul their shit. I don't know about the country music pickup fetish stuff though.

America is a _bit_ bigger than Finland.

collecting rainwater is actually a legitimate problem in areas with low rainfall

or in areas where the municipality relies on aquifers for freshwater

European culture is dying anyway because it couldn't adapt to the modern world.

We have to kill each other in secrecy now.

>You'd never get the situation Trump faced over immigrant children in the US

Only leftists are actually butthurt over this and they aren't real people anyway.

>Americans wear their shoes in the house period.

Speak for yourself.