This site any good? I'd like to learn Italian

This site any good? I'd like to learn Italian

Attached: duolingo.png (250x269, 16K)

Good to make a start, but its not going to make you learn italian if you complete the course.

OP, here is my advice: You should buy two things off amazon - a textbook, preferably one that has the preference to self-teach in mind, and secondly, an english-italian dictionary. Both should be softcover physical copies. This should only run you about $40, maybe a little more depending on which textbook you choose.

Work through the textbook cover to cover.
Use flashcards with Anki
Talk (TALK, not text) with native speakers, through any means necessary
Immerse yourself in their culture - actually travel and live, usually study abroad or intern, in Italy

If you fail to do all these you will 99% chance NOT learn Italian

>Good to make a start,
No its fucking not
>but its not going to make you learn italian if you complete the course.
You will not learn a damn thing from duocucko

Attached: 1508807645347.jpg (200x156, 5K)

Its probably the best way of picking up the very basics of a language at the moment, complete that shit and start some real classes after, you'd beging with more vocabulary and notions of the language than the average student

>The only way to learn a language is to take sabatical years in a foreign country
This is what americans believe to justify being monolingual.

I speak Spanish as a second language so my biggest fear is forgetting Spanish as I learn Italian. I have noticed it's extremely easily for me to solve these text puzzles in both Portuguese and Italian thanks to my knowledge of Spanish. This might not be a good thing.

anglos cant in languages, sorry

I'm Mexican and I can read your language easily. Tell me what to do Luciano

But it's true you know

Attached: 1510755361178.png (457x564, 631K)

You can pay for classes with native teachers and learn a lot though

>tfw I'll never forget this Mexican bitch in my 7th and 8th grade French class who spoke French perfectly when she was done with the course
Fuck you Karen dumb faggot.

Attached: 3124.png (492x280, 141K)

can you learn it online and be passable reading and writing at least and turn it into spoken later?
asking for a friend

Attached: 457586797.jpg (827x1168, 272K)

alone you can learn to write,read and listen but speaking will be challenging and you'll be rough around the edges without human input

I think it works pretty well if you're motivated and try to overlearn every lesson. Though, I've heard that it's mostly just a good start

yeah but i will also always be anglo so sound like a retard anyway

go to local catholic chuch , talk with the priest

My cousin's gf studied Italian in college for a few semesters and I studied Italian on DuoLingo. My Italian was literally way better than hers. I tried to converse with her, and she could barely put a sentence together.

So I'm going to say that DuoLingo works, at least for me.

It's good for the basics which is really what you need. Learning a language properly requires actually using it to talk to people, which you need to know the basics to do.
Once it says you're "fluent" go talk to some Italians on here about your animes or whatever and start learning from your mistakes

This. Also don't be afraid to ask people to speak more slowly- make sure to learn how to say that, among other phrases

Don't.

If you really know it, you won't forget it... you may forget some connectors or silly thing, but you'll not forget it.

No, look into getting a decent textbook. Or download the FSI course. I'm doing the FSI Russian course, and so far, it looks pretty solid.

I've been learning French for the last two and a half years, and if anything, it's improved my Spanish. Although, on occasion, I'll accidently use a French word with a Spanish accent and get a weird look.

hey fuck you

w-what does it look like if you were to look outside your windows?

Attached: ff099e5a1abd13cd793a15d8ef9a8666.png (220x246, 93K)

commieblocks
I live in a "new" area of Rome

Is this really how it is? For some reason people think everyone in Italy live in old comfy Italian villages.

Attached: 5321.jpg (605x921, 168K)

Northern-Italian is just a dialect of German. So what you really want to learn is German.

if you live in a big city chances are you'll live in a commieblock
they're nice commieblocks mind you, but still not the tuscan countryside villa you see on tv

I know places like these are beautiful to look at but I think actual indefinite living here would suck hard. R-right?

Attached: 74.jpg (1321x739, 721K)

nah they're ok, small towns usually have everything you need in them, from supermarkets to a small stadium to a few bars and whatnot
what they don't have is jobs, many small town dwellers commute daily to bigger cities for work

It's not good, I can't progress because I'm making french mistakes in my translations.
I'm trying to learn german but alone it's hard as fuck

If I move to Italy and pretend to be an Italian and reset my family as Italian would u b mad at me?

Attached: 23232.jpg (251x260, 5K)

It's good as a supplement to formal lessons.

do whatever man
[spoiler]I'm not italian[/spoiler]

you on vacation?

I'm albanian, I live here

I've always wondered how Italians felt about 6th generation Italians in the U.S. Guidos and shit. About as Italian as a can of Spaghettios

they don't really think about them at all, so no strong opinion really

because most of what is taught in college language class is grammar, punctuation, conjugating verbs and sentence structuring etc. 0 conversation and 0 reading. it gives you the base to become fluent though, if she actually put in the time she'd improve way beyond your level relatively quickly

I am using it user for German. Its a good stepping stone, but should not be the only thing you use.

user, there is an ocean separating us from any native speaker of most of these languages. The only way for a language to truly stick is for you to be exposed to it on a daily basis for an extended period of time.

Attached: IMG_20180611_184602.jpg (4608x3456, 2.3M)

It is pretty awesome. Best free course that I know of. Made me replace my computer game addiction with language obsession which I must say was a big plus for my overall health and happiness.

Attached: travellingapu.png (852x944, 70K)

you wont forget, but they are so similar so maybe you will by accident say some italian words when speaking spanish or other way around.