Ledger from a reseller

Hello Jow Forums, I'm about to buy a Ledger from a local reseller since the price is 30% lower. Product is in foil, and never started before. How do I check if this shit doesn't have some trojan in it that will steal my coins. Is it even possible to check if this hasn't been connected/used before? Is there a way to hack it pre-sale and then scam people ?

Attached: 1520533701288.jpg (699x485, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.ledgerwallet.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005321449-How-to-verify-the-security-integrity-of-my-Nano-S-
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hw wallets are a marketing scam and significantly less safe than paper wallets

So MEW/Coinomi and paper wallet is a way to go ? Isn't Ledger superior if you want to have a faster control of the coins? Meaning you can sell them faster if needed ?

at the cost of convenience, which for most people makes paper wallets the less secure option

dude you're risking everything to save what, $50?

kek

No you are a fucking piece of shit fleecing a potential market for feedback

does it matter?

all ledger have trojan and key logger on them anyway.

More than that, and the product is new. I will be meeting with a guy, and if something is wrong, I'm about to elbow his face into oblivion. Just looking for a way to check it.
tinfoil on your head and back to basement dum dum.

so dumb man I dont even know what to say

they cant do anything to it. just make sure you factory reset it when you get it, and create your OWN key YOURSELF

if you are legit, then you are a retard

Yes, don't use hardware wallets, you don't need em

sort of. the problem with a paper wallet is you need to be sure the machine you're using is secure every time you punch your keys in, you also need convenient access to your paper which probably means just keeping it under your mattress. because you are lazy and weak handed you aren't going to use a machine you know is secure every time and will probably keep your paper on your desk

Seriously op, you better be larping. You can't seriously be this retarded

Attached: 1523811111483.jpg (392x395, 34K)

I don't live in usa, and this is not craigslist. It's on actual auction site, when you have to provide your ID to register so I will have all of his data,when I buy it. How is that dumb? Maybe he's a boomer, who bought in december and got this wallet for christmas or whatever.
Is there a way to check, if this has been configured before? Or just reset will make everything go away?

can't even ask a question on this pajeet filled board anymore
>pic related that's (You)

Attached: xxx.jpg (259x194, 7K)

honestly user if you are worried about the price difference you probably don't need a hardware wallet at all yet

oh, you are actually retarded, sorry

8/10

Yeah I'm retarded for asking a question, and then get shat on by some basement dwellers, just because they need to answer with passive-aggressive failure in life related manner to every invidual for no fkin reason.

It's safe. If you are paranoide ( i was) open the ledger (carefully with a knife will do) and see if it matches these pics: support.ledgerwallet.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005321449-How-to-verify-the-security-integrity-of-my-Nano-S-

lmao settle down, bro haha

Attached: 1432826594500.png (308x314, 74K)

why would you risk it.

Yes, buy that potentially compromised device and save 30 bucks.

And that's the answer I was looking for. Thanks user.
I don't understand people like them, and they vanished quickly so I'm on point there.
Because I will meet and check that shit with the dude on spot. That's called opportunity, and I was looking for a way to be 100% sure with the transaction. Also I will have his ID data, so if something goes wrong I will hunt that guy, and assrape him with red hot curling-pin.

lmao hope op is just larping as a brainlet with that smug peppo

its an opportunity to get scammed to save a few bucks.

That's why I asked the question, and since nobody even answered it, I will take my chances. Zero info provided how do I actually get scammed if the product is original and I can check it on the spot.

You are retarded because you are willing to to pay 30% less for a ledger that might be corrupted, a ledger that you are going to keep YOUR money on. Fucking hell man what's wrong with you

Attached: 1517060254344.png (450x493, 379K)

This must be a larp nobody can be this retard. Kys OP

Brand new in foil, with a receipt that's coming from official distribution. I can check it on the spot, I might be a jew here, but looks like a good deal not a risk at all.

Attached: 1521183440105.jpg (1200x1156, 166K)