What's it like to live in West Virginia?

What's it like to live in West Virginia?

Attached: kex2q.jpg (809x357, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalworker's_pneumoconiosis
whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trumps-initiative-stop-opioid-abuse-reduce-drug-supply-demand/
youtube.com/watch?v=st5mo4siHJ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stupid foreigner

i think they have a drug problem. anyway, i know many of them lost their job when they closed the mines. otherwise comfy nature

shithole

I've had to travel through that hellhole a handful of times because I live in Virginia but have family in Ohio

>What's it like to live in West Virginia?
>93.9% White

Almost heaven.

It's an incredibly beautiful place, especially in the mountainous parts along the border with Virginia. However, it's extremely poor and a lot of people are dying from drugs. Maybe it'll catch the eye of the youth and became a hip place. Who knows. But right now it's fucking sad

COUNTRY ROOAAAADDSSS

Attached: 1529869939032.jpg (500x406, 34K)

>What's it like to live in West Virginia?
Almost heaven

Ayyy

>93.9% is white

west virginia is practically bradford with those demographics

Attached: 1503442210660.png (259x239, 7K)

>Maybe it'll catch the eye of the youth and became a hip place.

It won't. No reason to pick that place over its neighbors who ate better off and somewhat similar.

You're perpetuating a bunch of liberal sterotypes. West Virginia is an absolutely booming place full of high tech industry and has been for this entire decade so far.

Like being an inbred rural retard. Chris chan is from there, and he's actually above average compared to the region.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 24K)

lol xDDD [insert shithole from your country] is so great :DDD

Yeah. Ohio has cheap and large cities, and Virginia has a lot of cool palces too. It'll probably go nowhere. I'd feel bad that WV is perpetually trapped in the coal meme, but at the same time they turn away candidates who want to try and educate them for 21st century careers

I always thought that the mountainous areas were really beautiul

Nice.
Are there more cities like that but in a bit warmer climate? Maybe in France?

wow I hope to visit sweden some day it must be so beautiful in stockholm with busty blondes everywhere wearing folkdrakts :))

they're absolutely incredible. I drove through them once and even though it was noon it was dark as hell because a storm was out, and the fog hovered over the mountaintops, which weren't that far away. Plus there are these cool tiny towns that hug the mountainsides. They're dilapidated and would be awful to live in, but they look cool

nigga you korean why you want to live in a white region?

Attached: 1512168843796.png (195x283, 103K)

>spot the people who've never once visited

And no, taking pictures off of google, or street-view, doesn't count for shit. Because they fail to paint how dreary it is being in that state, even when your around some of the "beautiful" parts is always a dreary undertone.

Not to mention the people are some of the most rude people in the entire USA, and you never know if the person your walking next to is a meth-head.

The government of WV is also incredibly incompetent, and they have serious levels of social unrest at the state level because of this. There was a month long teacher strike just this past year.
See: >Yeah. Ohio has cheap and large cities, and Virginia has a lot of cool palces too. It'll probably go nowhere. I'd feel bad that WV is perpetually trapped in the coal meme, but at the same time they turn away candidates who want to try and educate them for 21st century careers

Virginia and Ohio have just as many beautiful areas, if not areas that are significantly better. Ohio River, for example, is fucking gorgeous. And the Blue Ridge Mts. in Virginia are considered one of the greatest views in the USA

as long as they fit in I don't see a problem. here in appalachia though they come here as students and never intermingle with anyone but koreans. they always move in large packs and speak only in korean

Chris is from regular Virginia.

Literally 1/4 of my extended family died of drug overdoses.

holy shit, RIP. I'm sorry to hear that. damn

no

Attached: DSC_0131.jpg (4608x2592, 3.47M)

COUNTRY ROADS, TAKE ME HOME

Many spaniards moved over there to work in the mines and cook meth

Attached: 1526565807724.png (1888x1491, 365K)

Wow wtf.
Is anything improving under Trump?

If it's so white why are the drivers test done in Spanish?

Obese people and hillbillies.

Really?

what are you?

ALMOST HEAVEN

Attached: 1529429498569.jpg (744x960, 45K)

In 1920 there were mining communities that surpassed the two thousand spaniards, dunno about the impact that this caused in West Virginia nowadays though

why would trump care about poor people

Somewhat

I don't follow WV politics closely (I'm in PA), but a big news story from there is that a huge study showed that WV is being hit with the worst coal miner's surge ever seen

>These figures show that there was never the mass emigration from Iberia that there was from Latin America. It is evident in the figures that Spanish immigration peaked in the 1910s and 1920s. The majority settled in Florida and New York, although there was also a sizable Spanish influx to West Virginia at the turn of the 20th century, mostly from Asturias.

Interesting...

coal miner's lung**** surge

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalworker's_pneumoconiosis

whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trumps-initiative-stop-opioid-abuse-reduce-drug-supply-demand/

i btw knew this was happening but never realized West Virginia is hit so hard

Lived in West Virginia for a few years. Wasn't born there but my family was originally from there, so my dad moved back twice. Once when I was in 3rd grade and again when I was in 8th/9th grade. The nature is absolutely beautiful. Autumn in WV is amazing as every single mountain is colorful and the weather is crisp and cool. A lot of people are poor and are dependent on a single source of income for the entire town. The town I lived in when I was in 3rd grade EVERYONE in there worked for Dupont plant, so if the plant suffered the entire town did. Even if the plant mistreated workers they'd still feel a sense of pride for the company because it's what keeps the community running. Same for coal towns. It might not be good work but it's all you have. I should also note for Jow Forums that I never saw a black person or Mexican there at all, even in big towns such as Charleston.

almost heaven

Attached: 76482222.jpg (710x491, 93K)

>that heroin nod
Too bad they're putting fentanyl in all the heroin these days.

youtube.com/watch?v=st5mo4siHJ8

Its so fucking poor it has medical relief forces like some war-torn 3rd world middle eastern shithole

>94 white
le based whites amirite

Medical care isn't a joke in WV. It's hard to see a dentist, as a lot are traveling dentists so you'll only get the chance like once every two years.

>le based whites amirite
WV is our Ukraine

>Medical care isn't a joke in WV. It's hard to see a dentist, as a lot are traveling dentists so you'll only get the chance like once every two years.
and supposedly bongs have bad teeth

WV is an excellent place for a vacation, but an awful place to live. I go up for a week every Summer and stay with other vacationers, it's absolutely beautiful. We stay in a small town that really has an old Americana feel to it. The townies that we interact with are pretty nice, but there's a lots of druggies that you need to avoid.

It's a little depressing driving there after you get a decent way into the state. Most of the houses outside of the towns are small and run down, and during election years, there's signs that say "we won't be #50 again" and things similar.

I wish Trump actually would get it back on its feet. I would love to live there, but there's just no opportunity there.