What languages do you learn in school?

What languages do you learn in school?

denmark
english, german

Attached: pupils-learning-german.jpg (1300x1300, 353K)

English
You can choose french/spanish/german as a second

English mainly, then Spanish, German, French or Japanese

flag
english, german, french

This. Also Latin or Greek if you're a smart kid.

don't mind my flag, studied until high school in morocco.

we learn arabic,french,tifinagh(berber language) mandatory since elementary school.

then we have to choose between english/german/spanish once at highschool.

Norwegian (Bokmål), Norwegian (nynorsk) and English. You can pick an optional language: German, Spanish or French.

English, German which was taught to us by a russian.

english in elementary school
french in middle
english again in high school

My highschool offered fr*nch, Spanish and Latin. Wish they had German because I didn't start learning that until years after graduating, though I probably wouldn't have paid attention anyway

Maltese and English are mandatory since primary school. Then before starting Secondary you have to choose a third language from Italian, Spanish, French, German, and I believe they recently added Arabic and Russian. Before starting the third year of Secondary, you have to choose at least one subject and I believe you can take up to two new languages.

English, Hindi, a bit of Sanskrit

1st foreign language: English
2nd foreign language: fr*g, russian or latin, rarely Spanish or Chinese are also offered

Spanish and German. French was also available too but it was mostly taken by fags and gurls

it was spanish here instead of german

flag
bokmål/ nynorsk, english and either french, german or spanish

>French was also available too but it was mostly taken by fags and gurls

Congruent with my experiences.

Spanish and French

> Jewtaly
>Middle school
> english + french/spanish/sometimes german &/or slovenian
>High school
> english + latin/greek (or latin + greek), sometimes russian

Also
> spanish, german, french etc if you picked a trade school/linguistics school

why don't you learn danish?

Depends on what region of Spain,mainly english and the language spoken in that region of Spain if any,secondary:french,latin or greek

Besides English, French but the level it’s taught is kinda low

English, Spanish and German

No one knows how to speak it

it's not a language

English and French

I’m in Long Island which is full of muh heritage proud italian americans direct descendant of Christopher Colombus and Amerigo Vespucci
>Spanish
Normies take this because they think its useful
>Italian
muh heritage students only
>French
Taken by pretentious students and asians
We offer Latin but not as a language so you don’t actually learn shit
A lot of college aged students take either Spanish, French, German or Chinese. Weebs do Japanese. Most taking a language in college will screech that its the language of the future or the real language of business because English is too normie
I’m taking Chinese because I like cooking and they have a really varied set of cuisines t b h. My college offers everything from Basque to Telegu to a dozen or so extinct languages, but thats not the norm

English and Hindi compulsory, also learnt Kannada and Sanskrit in addition (third language is also compulsory, but you can choose which one and change it)

Are from Karnataka? Ive heard autistic rants about racism against kannada speakers, is that true?

>From karnataka
Yee
>Racism
No, we had our election last month, and the liberal party, which has lost in most other states, tried (and kinda succeeded) to keep our state in their grasp by making muh oppression of minority languages a big issue to get votes.
The stories you've heard might or might not be true, but it is obvious who funded them

mainly Arabic

>picked r*ssian language instead of German
biggest mistake in my life so far

no easy euromonies for you then

France
English is mandatory starting from middle school, then you pick between German, Spanish and Italian as secondary languages. You have to do one year of Latin at one point and decide if you want to continue studying it. And in high school, you can choose a third language that can be basically anything, but it's optional.

Lithuanian, English, Russian/French/German, Latin/Spanish(optional)

How so?Russian is just as useful in Lithuania, especially if you ever move to Wilno.
>picked Russian, but didn't take lessons seriously and can't speak it

I had english and french in elementary school.
In middle school I had english and one of two to choose from (french or spanish)
In high school I had english, latin and one of 4 to choose from (french, russian, german, chinese)

I did some French in primary school (only language available) and Year 7, then Mandarin from Y8-Y12. Fucking terrible at both despite it all and I wish I hadn't let mum push me onto "muh mandarin" meme, literally never had to use it

Angloland
Frog, Kraut, Spic
Maybe Latin/Greek, but mostly Chav

Cantonese, Mandarin, English, Literary Chinese

English and German
Latin and Old Greek too

finn, eng, swe

swe is pretty much like spanish to americans, we forget 99% of it

Attached: eRnytYA.png (1048x1204, 475K)

Canada
French as a second language is mandatory for Anglophones up until a certain age, English as a second language is mandatory for Francophones up until a certain age.
Other languages are available as electives. In my high school they offered American sign language as a language elective for some reason, and everyone took it because it was so easy to learn.

France
We learn English, then Spanish. Some people learn German or Italian instead of Spanish but it's rare.

In BC you can take a program where you take all your classes in public schools from kindergarten to grade 7 in French, which is called French immersion. In high school like a third of the classes are in French. I did it et je peux parler en francais hon hon hon

Only English in most schools
In my school they also taught German

We had a choice between French, German or Spanish. There was also an Italian club at lunchtimes.

spanish
chinese
french

English, German, Spanish.
But I speak American.

learn what?
>he tror that der is noget called dansk

English is integral to the basic education
High school offers German, French and Spanish
Universities and the like can offer other languages

I took Germanm but 7 teachers in 1.5 years made me lose all motivation so I never got past basic conversational (barely) German.

English and French

Mandatory:
Finnish
English
Swedish
Other languages are voluntary.

Swedish is going to turn into a non-mandatory language eventually. There's been talk about letting kids/their parents choose some other language in it's place to learn.

First foreign language : English
Second foreign language : Japanese and Chinese

but the most popular Second foreign language in college entrance exams : Arabic

English and German

I don't know how it is today, but when I was a student it was English and a choice between French and Arabic.

Irish (pathetic, I know)
Then we have a choice between French, Spanish or German

>(pathetic, I know)
Hm?

Every school is supposed to teach english
Some also teach italian/french/german

flag
spanish and french K-8(up to high school). Normies took spanish, some idiots would switch to french because they thought it was easier
in high school it broadened a lot, you could take german, italian, latin(even arabic, though not a single arab kid went to the school)

It is pathetic IMO that Irish is an irrelevant secondary language--in Ireland. We're too lazy to actually revive the language outside if teaching it in schools.

Ah, I thought you meant that it was pathetic that Irish was taught in Ireland, but now I get what you mean.

How bad of a state are you guys in really?

they tried to teach spanish in ages 6-10
they tried to teach french ages 14-18

Spanish and French at my school

I took Spanish and didn't learn shit, after I got a bit older I started studying Spanish on my own and realized my teacher didn't even know how to speak the language

This really pisses me off btw

Mandatory: French (5 years), Latin (2 years).

Optional: German

land of the free
languages were not taught in my schools

Engli*h and Spanish.

German, French and English.

in primary school Japanese but we didn't accually learn anything
in highschool a year of chinese and the nafter the first year chinese or german was an selective but i don't think anybody who even did it could speak it

Most people here learn Spanish but usually they don't take it that seriously.

English is the lingua franca and the world is anglocentric and therefore English is the only important language worth knowing.

México
My school taught English and German, both mandatory, some schools have the option of french if your English level is good enough.

Swedish, English + German/Spanish/French. At some schools you can pick other languages like Japanese or Chinese.

>leaflet
>french, spanish

spanish
"english"

public school english basically teaches you goodbye, hello, and cat

>Arabic
why?

make the questions very easy

That's really all you need to know

French, Bahasa Indonesian.

Makes sense large populations that speak them, Indonesia nearby, New Caledonia nearby.

English and then pick any from French, Spanish, German, Latin, Russian, or Greek. I should have done German because I am moving to Switzerland and dont know anything yet

Spanish and Italian

and english of course

>slovenian
FVG?

in colombia just english and spanish, in here italian too (probably because it's the northeast)

English, German, Swedish, Latin

none

english

We had
1. English
2. Spanish, Italian, Latin or French.

I did Latin, big mistake.

Spanish and french is what most US ones do, maybe some German or Italian depending on region

I did Spanish in HS and German in college, also a semester of latin which was a goddamn mistake. I also want to do Norwegian but the fact I'll never use it irl is a turnoff

Bahasa Indonesia, English, Mandarin

UK
Depends on the school.
In my school I did German for three years but because I was in the top German class I had to do a year of French at the same time as my second year of German.
Spanish is a common option at many schools, and some schools offer Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic, or Urdu/Hindi. I didn't know Cantonese was a thing you could do until a friend told me that she did it.

Korea
English, Japanese, (rarely chinese)
And Kanji

Luxembourgish, French, German, English as compulsory languages
Latin, Spanish, Italian as optional courses

English and Spanish

That's a lot of compulsory languages.

German, English mandatory, then either French or Latin, Spanish is optional.

English, German, French and fucking obligatory YAKUT LANGUAGE

You get used to it I guess

No general rule really,
but usually English, French or/and German.