What is the best US state and why is it West Virginia?

what is the best US state and why is it West Virginia?
asking for a friend who wants to move there

Attached: 123243256457.jpg (1044x783, 200K)

It's the worst state

worse than Montana?

worse than the worst parts of Mississippi

impossible
I made a road trip across the US and West Virginia seemed very nice
cant say anything about Mississippi, but its much better than Missourie or North Dakota

It's very poor, very religious, very superstitious, very backwards. But the nature is nice and so is the weather.

Alabama and Mississippi are way worse

not only is it possible, it's the truth

>very poor
doesnt mean much by european standards

>very religious
not a bad thing

>very superstitious
I like west virginia folklore

>very backwards
GDP is better than Spain or Poland

>doesnt mean much by european standards
It's more comparable to eastern Europe than western, anyway
>very religious
Not necessarily but the overwhelming presence of religion is everywhere, including law.
>I like west virginia folklore
It's fun but there's so much of it because people are genuinely that skeptical and superstitious. My aunt was super into withcraft and all that shit and everyone there just plays along with it because they genuinely believe that stuff is real
>GDP is better than Spain or Poland
Don't know enough about Spain or poland to comment but WV has few jobs and most younger people are leaving as there's nothing there for them.

>not a bad thing
Lol

You're wasting your time, all yank flags on this board are homosexual shitskins either from California or NY.

What's wrong with North Dakota

If you like rural, religious poor people so much why not move to eastern Europe? Because you like your comfy high quality of life? Okay then, stop typing

Idaho/Montana/East Oregon and Washington/Utah/Maine/Minnesota are better imo.

very flat

Attached: north dakota.jpg (800x536, 127K)

What actually, unironically happens in this state?

>If you like rural, religious poor people so much why not move to eastern Europe?
Eastern Europe is not mountainous. You can equal eastern europe and west virginia when it comes to shitty, drug-abusing, poor, unemployed and generally dumb-as-brick population sure but you can't equal eastern europe and west virginia when it comes to landscape and generally the "prettiness" of the environment.

wind blows
afaik

In the East it's primarily grain farming, stuff like oats, barley, rape, and corn
Not as much wheat nowadays since that was mostly a western ND thing and their industry has been almost entirely replaced by crude extraction
Before Shale exploded it was mainly ranching and wheat farming on gentle rolling hills

Peaceful sort of place, though not too many people

I don't really know, i've drove through it a few times but that's about it. They get subarctic temps (-25C) often during the winter and the snow gets super deep. It's always windy and decently warm in the summer. Mt. Rushmore is here, a mountain with the presidents faces carved into it. There's also a massive biker festival in Sturgis, ND. It gets pretty fucking crazy but it's all boomers so meh

West Virginia has about the same GDP per capita as Japan or Italy. Slightly below the UK.

wtf

IIRC shale gas extraction. That's it.

I should clarify that despite the many problems I actually like WV and have lived there for many years and I like eastern euros as well, but it irks me when comfy western Europeans romanticize it when in reality if they were an average Joe in WV they'd dislike it

>empty
>prairie
>bisons
Sounds comfy

Attached: 373f9b69f1110d7d390150fe11339daa.jpg (1600x1000, 254K)

It's boring m8 but whatever floats your boat

>Mt. Rushmore is here
>There's also a massive biker festival in Sturgis, ND
>it's all boomers

Attached: Forsaken.jpg (318x325, 10K)

thats why people want to immigrate to the US
even your "shittiest state" is a paradise

Basically the same thing i dont understand why SD and ND are two different states

SD is pretty damn cool though, Black Hills/Deadwood/Badlands...

Yanktonites, which was filled with carpetbaggers from the East Coast, got pissy because the territorial capitol was moved from Yankton which wasn't really connected to anywhere up to Bismarck, which was on the ICR line
Yankton petitioned Congress to split like sixteen times before it was accepted, and it was only accepted because the Democrats got into the White House and probably would've again if Dakota wasn't split

Could you also not speak on behalf of the states you care and know so little about that you can't even bother to remember which one has Mt. Rushmore in it?

it's where fallout 76 is set

Literally nobody knows shit about the Dakotas except for people who live in them. I know obscure things about Idaho that are pretty cool, yet every time it's brought up all people can say is potatoes and hillbillies

What are some of the cool obscure things you know about it?

made a road trip through Dakotas
>tfw can say more about S.N.Dakota tham most americans

He's lying m8 there's nothing cool about Idaho

I believe it

>its fellow Americans
Woah...

COUNTRY ROAAAAD

Attached: ecf.png (800x600, 267K)

Holy fuck, someone has really taken their burgerpill

Idaho isn't just potatoes and fields, most of it is actually very mountainous. It's the home of a lot of white supremacist groups, including Randy Weaver who was sieged by the FBI for a few weeks on a mountain top. The lakes are very nice also. More than half of the state is federal land, you can ride an offroad vehicle from Washington, all the way through Idaho, and to Montana.

Attached: idaho county.jpg (1500x972, 227K)

>Literally nobody knows shit about the Dakotas except for people who live in them
Then please don't speak from a position of "authority" about them

Where'd you go?

I wish I could go to Finnland, but you take no immigrants

Finland takes lots of immigrants and you're an EU citizen anyway (aren't you?) so you can just go there if you want.

I want to live in a small town in New Hampshire.

Need to marry someone for a greencard I guess, Europeans can't realistically expect to get permanent residence permits these days afaik.

>Where'd you go?
Pennsylvania > Washington D.C. > West Virginia >North Carolina (just crossing) >Tenessee > Kentucky > Illinoise > Iowa > S.Dakota > Wyoming > Montana >Idaho (just corssing) > Washington (state) > Oregon > California

mostly national parks. the best one in the world

Damn that's an amazing road trip. Where'd you visit in Washington?

maybe its easy for a swede, its not so easy for a non-scandi nation

Jealous. I would love to go on an American road trip. See the west coast, mostly.

West Virginia is the most depressing part of the US. Only good thing about it is the scenery.

Can't possibly imagine what New Hampshire has that Europe doesn't

the state?
the olympia national park
great place and I met a national american who told his story about how he loved mountain clinbing in Switherland
the 101 is beautiful as well

You're EU, aren't you? That means you can just move there, provided you have some way of supporting yourself.

I wonder is there some matchmaking site for this? Seems there is a market for it all over the world, and not necessarily in a sham marriage way either. Someone who is interested in living somewhere might make a good match with someone that does.

Got a ticket in North Dakota. All there is to do is drive from horizon to horizon

nuclear missiles, oil, and smuggling guns into Canada

that's literally it.

Nice

You should see Theodore Roosevelt in ND and Voyageurs over in Minnesota too

Oh and the Wisconsin Dells are real nice too, even if they're not a national park

Attached: Theodore Roosevelt National Park, North Dakota.jpg (700x438, 71K)

its easy to support yourself in "downgrade states" like Spain or Italy
Finland and Sweden is a "upgrade state". if they dont want your profession (like nurse or doctor, its hard)

I'm a state pro and I'd say the best state is North Carolina.

>good weather
>tons of nice-sized cities
>best part of the appalachian mountains
>good beaches
>highly educated
>politics aren't too redneck or too sjw
>very strong economy

Best state man. I'm trying to find a job there right now.

Low population density.
Well, there should be at least. I don't even need someone to pay for my shit, I've got a masters degree and take care of myself if you hand me a work permit. But your immigration system is really bonkers.

meds btfo

Western part of state is great too, not a bad call IMO

The best state is unironically Maine, and if you think otherwise you're not white

Utah is quietly the best place to live on Earth

>Low population density.
Isn't most of Austria rural?

Middle america (non inbred kind) Is my favourite.

I was inspired by Silvester Stalone movies where he arm-wrestles other people
he played a trucker and there were many montages where he drives through endless and big landscapes
I loved it. I still do.
what americans dont get is how it is in Germanby, when I drive 2h on the Autobahn without speedlimits I end up in Spain or Austria

Forgot to mention:
cozy southern culture. Like not the bad kind, and not the kind that dying out like in northern Virginia. It's still going strong, there's still southern music and restaurants and architecture. But it's not backwards either.

It's also one of the few places that's getting whiter.

>not a bad thing
It is when we're talking about America. Very religious means a different thing here from what it means in Europe.

tell me more

NC lad here
>good weather
It's too humid
>tons of nice-sized cities
Charlotte is nice. Not a fan of anything else. Live in Wilmington and hate it tbqh
>best part of the appalachian mountains
True
>good beaches
Everyone skips NC and goes to SC for Myrtle Beach
>highly educated
True
>politics aren't too redneck or too sjw
Being centrist isn't really a good thing.
>very strong economy
True

Massachusetts is the best state.

Relatively. You have to keep in mind easily half of the country isn't really inhabitable, so it seems like the population density is low when in fact the main valleys are densely populated (look at Tyrol for instance). Parts of eastern Austria are indeed kinda rural though.

>Being centrist isn't really a good thing
believe me, it is

Beautiful people and landscapes. Just tremendously kind people. It is populated by many Mormons and I just found them to be a very impressive people

Attached: ZionNPTomMorrisSmall.jpg (1200x799, 494K)

Your weather's way better than most of the South dude.
And I'd take centrism every day over insufferable SJWs and Trumptards. God.

Research triangle cities are some of the best places in the country to buy property right now. You're just an asshole.

>You're just an asshole
I've lived here for most of my life and I've been to every city in the state and I'm giving you my honest opinion. I wouldn't want to live in Raleigh or Winston-Salem and if that makes me an asshole then I guess I'm an asshole lmao

New England has the best states.

>wanting to move from Europe to Small-Europe

A potato nigger would say this.

I'm originally from Missouri. Care to give your own reason why it's a shithole?

I want to live in colorado

I just moved here. Seems like everyone is from everywhere, especially in Raleigh

>Sturgis, ND
Pretty sure Sturgis is in South Dakota, dude.

For the weed?

And Mt. Rushmore isn't?
Christ almighty you people...

Attached: 1517191004857.png (156x168, 53K)

not a shithole
its comfy if you like endless fields with wheat
I can remember I had to take a break in a motel, so it took me 2 days to cross this state. the most interesting part was to see an old Patton tank on a rest stop
people were all nicel, white and friendly

>he doesn't believe he could successfully move from one EU country to another yet wants to move to the US

Attached: 1463579884522.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

Oh shit, yeah...

>wanting to move from a sinking ship to a less fast sinking ship

>I wish I could go to Finnland, but you take no immigrants

This ship is on fire though.

west virginia (and most of the appalachians) are comfy as fuck nature wise, but the people that live in that region are genuine retards
the rural PNW is the best part of the US, mountain states (montana, wyoming, utah, idaho, colorado) are a close second

Attached: scenery-from-olympic-national-park-washington.jpg (2856x1884, 1.05M)

I'll take the ship on fire before a ship half sunken

New Jersey

Attached: new-jersey.png (625x625, 8K)

I’m still fucking mad. Could’ve been a perfect game that meshed fallout with real-world urban legends but instead it had to be Rust 2: dab on them deathclaws with your friends edition.

The best state is Hawaii. Friendly people, beautiful scenery and perfect weather. It's so unfair most people don't even consider it, they just try to make the race about the continental states instead. Literally the only downsides are the cost of living and music tours never go there.

I've been told by several people that Hawaii is pretty ghetto.

bait

My top 3, in no specific order:
Massachusetts
Minnesota
Rhode Island

DC’s pretty nice too, if we’re counting that.

I keep hearing Minnesota is a great state. I've never been but I loved Wisconsin.