Jow Forums games

Should I pay $20 for Rome II Total War or $5 for Empire Total War?
I’m in a really historical mood and can’t decide which one’s better. Do I need a good gaymen PC to run R2?

Also Jow Forums gaems thread

Attached: C2D68573-FFF1-4C6E-84A5-F2A8E3B407C2.jpg (600x375, 66K)

If you don't already own it, get the Valve Bundle

Rome total war is dogshit, I enjoyed Empire but everyone else seems to hate it. Try Napoleon.

the only true Jow Forums autist game

Attached: 1.jpg (1300x740, 163K)

Get neither, Napoleon and Shogun 2 are the best modern ones and Rome 1 and Medieval 2 are the best classic

If you already have all of those Attila > Rome 2 > Empire

i recomand attila it's really challenging

Victoria 2 is the definitive Jow Forums game

Patrician

This, but I would say Rome 2 > Attila

Also FLAG

Attila over Rome unless you are absolutely in love with the setting, you can always hope that the ancient empires mod gets released eventually and they you would be golden. If you want gunpowder go with fall of the samurai if you don’t mind playing in Japan.

>Do I need a good gaymen PC to run Rome 2?
No. I can't say you do.

I highly recommend empire total war with Darthmod.
ETW is pants on it's own so you gotta get the mods.
I've played empire total war for 1100 hours.
I love history and I love role playing as the monarch or as some Jackobin MP.
I look at the economic growth, population growth, religious demographics of each of my respective regions while playing an ETW campaign and imagining what the subjects are doing/feeling/thinking.

When I play ETW i immerse myself in the historical figures. I stop being myself and become Charles the 2nd.
I step into the shoes of Charles XII.

ETW has pretty poor AI. Pretty poor diplomacy dynamics. If I were to stop fetishizing the historicity, Id say;
Shogun, Napoleon, Rome 2 are just better made games 'hands down'.

Don't buy Empire, Napoleon is much better (got over 1000h without multiplayer). Rome 2 is even better unless you like the gunpowder setting.

>I stop being myself and become Charles the 2nd.
>tfw

Attached: 1501646637166.jpg (840x560, 91K)

lmao pirate them

Get empire or napoleon and install darth mod. Napoleon is playable in vanilla but empire isn't. I mean it works but they didn't do a very good job with the game if I'm being honest.

Not if you get the Divide et Impera mod.

both are great, both need mods though, dei or darthmod

empire has got much better music and art imo and i like the time period better as well
the map is also much bigger and i like how it spans the whole world
naval battles are better too someow
the issues are for me how unplayable the sieges are even with mods, you should disable them really, and how you have small rosters that are almost all riflemen, there's less to do in battles, and of course the graphics that are starting to get old

rome has a much better out of battle world map and sieges that are playable, more things to do in general, better graphics
the problem is how weird the units handle, the controls are even worse than previous total wars, even with mods the units often don't behave like they should

also this

The gunpowder games are the best total war games,get empire

Never play Rome II, even if it's free.

Just pirate it. Why would you spend money on videogames?

I downloaded it yesterday. It runs well even in shitty computers

He reminds me of Mark Zuckerberg.

medieval II + stainless steel mod looks and plays better than rome II, the only downside is the hard coded limitation on the number of factions so I think its like 20 in medieval II and some kingdoms got left out
empire II is ok if you want to play some line battles, the map is severely limited though, you just have to take Paris to own all of France for example