WHY THE FUCK IS MY NATIVE LANGUAGE SO SIMPLE?

WHY THE FUCK IS MY NATIVE LANGUAGE SO SIMPLE?
I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO LEARN A SECOND LANGUAGE, BECAUSE ALL THE GOOD ONES AREN'T DESIGNED FOR BRAINLETS LIKE ME.

Attached: download.jpg (228x221, 8K)

just do it user

Who cares?
What are you interested in? Swimming? Mathematics? Cooking? Aviation? Film? Mining? Knitting? Sociology? Violin? Abstract Expressionist paintings?
Whatever your interests are, English is the best language to know because the most content in virtually anything imaginable is made in English.

English isn't all that simple. It's kind of fucked up.

English is not simple. Our education system just teaches the most basic version

what if he's interested in foreign languages

English is very complex... Youre just working at a low level.

Go read some shakespear.

Shakespeare isn't even complicated.

Learning a language for the sake of learning a language is the most autistic thing I've ever heard of.

What the alas didst thee just fucking sayeth about me, thee dram the horror? ill has't thee knoweth i graduat'd top of mine own class in the navy seals, and ive been involv'd in num'rous secret raids on al-quaeda, and i has't ov'r 300 confirm'd kills. I am did train in g'rilla warfare and im the top snip'r in the entire us cap-a-pe f'rces. Thou art nothing to me but just anoth'r targeteth. I shall wipeth thee the alas out with precision the likes of which hast nev'r been seen bef're on this earth, marketh mine own fucking w'rds. Thee bethink thee can receiveth hence with declaring yond the horror to me ov'r the int'rnet? bethink again, alas'r. As we speaketh i am contacting mine own secret netw'rk of spies across the usa and thy ip is being trac'd even but now so thee bett'r prepareth f'r the st'rm, maggot. The st'rm yond wipes out the pathetic dram thing thee calleth thy life. Youre fucking dead, peat. I can beest anywh're, anytime, and i can killeth thee in ov'r seven hundr'd ways, and thats just with mine own bareth hands. Not only am i extensively did train in unarm'd combat, but i has't access to the entire arsenal of the unit'd states marine c'rps and i shall useth t to its full extent to wipeth thy mis'rable rampallian off the visage of the continent, thee dram the horror. If 't be true only thee couldst has't known what unholy retribution thy dram clev'r comment wast about to bringeth down upon thee, haply thee wouldst has't did hold thy fucking tongue. But thee couldnt, thee didnt, and user youre paying the price, thee goddamn clotpole. I shall the horror fury all ov'r thee and thee shall drowneth in t. Youre fucking dead, kiddo

This desu. Most Americans speak it at a 3rd grade level. Probably the same for Brits too

not any more autistic than playing a music instrument for the sake of playing it, the point is to like it, maybe people like learning new languages ?
there are other reasons too, maybe he needs it for a job abroad ? to talk to an old family member who doesn't speak english ?

salut francais homosexuel j'essaye d'apprendre ta jolie langue
mais je serai toujours un fagot anglo

>un fagot
bonne chance en tout cas

Attached: fagot.jpg (464x259, 21K)

What's the best word for faggot in French?

I browse /fr/ and other French websites and they tend to use "pédé"

What's the etymology? Any idea?

Comes from Greek for gay or something like that. Closest word is pederast in English.

we have a lot

pédé (ou pd)
tarlouze
fiotte
pédale
depsos
tafiole
tante
inverti
de la jaquette
à voile et à vapeur

it comes from pederast

thank you. A big goal is to be able to yell at people on the internet in French.

make sure to go to /fr/

You'll pick up the skill by browsing /fr/. I suggest you join in. They only sometimes get mad at me for being American I'm sure they'll be fine with you.

at the surface no, but you could study him your whole life. How many americans could read elizabethan english?

Not him but I think you're right. I've been surprised on more than one occasion on the lack of a vocabulary my friends have had.

pretty much the same here. Honestly people should give more respect to the english language.

definitely will, still not at that stage yet though need to grind throguh a grammar book, vocab and a bit of dulingo to get the ball rolling properly
it's the first time i accually want to do something like this completely because im a bit of a frenchiboo and like their history and music independently before this

Music is what got me started into French too. It's what has gotten me into Portuguese as well.

>Having a Latin language as my native one
>Knowing English for the sake of learning stuff
It's the best of both worlds

so you've gotten in an learned it?
But yeah on youtube bands like La Femme and Juniore popped up and it sounds very nice. Also french 80s titty movies.

>mfw romance language speakers can pretty much understand the other romance languages without even speaking it
we should get /romance/ back up again

I haven't learned enough Portuguese yet but I can carry a conversation in French

fair enough. Once you get to that point of being able to talk a bit im sure with a bit of practice and subtitled movies it'll take care of itself

Yeah the real dream is being able to live in France or Quebec for a bit

a trip around the north east and flanders where ww1 was fought is the ultimate for me

If i had to guess i would say german is the easiest language for a native anglo to learn. Its probably the most similar to english.

tante ? le même mot que celui de la soeur de son parent ?

English isn't easy, there's just loads of exposure to it so only fucking retards can't speak at least a little bit of it

Also, it is much easier for Italians to speak Spanish, Danes Swedish, Dutch German, Poles Russian etc etc. English has been raped by French to the point it has no close relative where you will understand the general meaning if you only speak English. Old English and Old German were basically identical, but modern German and English are very different.

The grammar and some vocab is similar, but there's not actually too many cognates because of the Latin influence.

Dutch would be easiest

>à voile et à vapeur
honhonhon

>english
>easy

Attached: 1516319589743.png (342x291, 143K)

All the Euros on this website always say English is an easy language

Europeans are jerks too, could be a connection

Attached: 1516723836381.jpg (842x842, 131K)

yep

what d you mean? i thought spanish was very tough

Only if your mother language is one of Roman or Germanic languages. My mother language has no articles and grammar tense, also (very) flexible sentence structures, so English is hard for me. My sis who learned English doesn't even able to read English novels without feeling dizzy eventhough her grade is quite good. I'm just lucky since I spend my time reading walkthrough in English back then before net was popular here.

Attached: 1526484791562.jpg (542x540, 62K)

Of course European languages are easier to someone who already speaks a European language

Read Paradise Lost and you'll be able to read everything in modern English ever written.

Is its English harder than Blake's? I know Blake loved Milton

Isn't that because they're all from the same language tree? I can understand how Asian people could have a hard time getting used to it.

That and English has both Latin elements and Germanic elements so a lot of Europeans can find similarities.

I would say something like the Marriage of Hell and Heaven is probably a bit easier to read than Paradise Lost, but more interesting. Paradise Lost is great because of its length, consistency, and influence (Milton made up the word "Pandemonium", for instance, and all imagery we have of hell comes from his descriptions) but idea-wise it's not going to be more interesting than Blake. Blake is thick with intent, Milton thick with words. I dunno. Both are essential reads.

Europoors have the luxury of going where ever they want with signs and shit written in their native language+english+probably french. Only heavily infested mexican cities in the US attempt to put up another language

And now you have Jow Forums!

those are all euros whose language is barely any different from English and euros grossly overestimating their own skills

It comes from "pédéraste", a man who engages in sexual relationships with boys, so is correct.

I read Paradise Lost and while I appreciate its impact on literature, the artform has evolved so much it sometimes reads life fanfiction. I had to hold myself back on judging it with modern context not to lose motivation to finish it. I now wish I noted down the sentences I didn't like from a stylistic viewpoint because people are going to call me a contrarian.

It practically is fanfiction, just like Dante's Divine Comedy

language proficiency is all about how frequently you use it, at least in my experience
like any skill, it could worsen if you use it less

>English
>simple
Pick one. You need a fucking university degree to learn it to its full extent. English is a fucked up language, filled with grammatical exceptions upon exceptions and the vocabulary is an unholy mess of loans. Finnish in comparison is very simple and rigid in its grammar, for example.

It literally is fanfiction, which is why I found it so funny while reading it for the first time. My professors didn't understand, though. Anyway, to say that you didn't find the stylistic choices appealing isn't really a comment on the influence of the text, so I wouldn't worry about being called a contrarian in the sense that you're dissing the work. If you're reading PL for personal pleasure, then congratulations, that's almost contrarian in and of itself. It's personally my favourite body og work, comparisons to modern tween literature be damned. The stuff is so grand for what it was, I love it to death.

Oh, and to reference my original point: reading through PL once or twice should make you feel like you can speedread Shakespeare (excluding lingo and slang). Beyond style, the use of language is archaic but still holds up very well. Just remember that a blind man wrote it, with a few lines at a time. I believe he came up with a line, slept on it, then gave it to his wife and/or daughters the next day, rinse and repeat. What a guy. Off-topic: Paradise Regained sounds like a shit fanfiction continuation title.

Easy? Terrible spelling,vowel reduction, and other things described by the finnish guy.

Is your native language English? Then you can pretty easily learn Norwegian, Swedish and Danish as well as German. Eventually you can even learn Icelandic.

I like Heineken a lot

Dutch is easier to get a hold of than German t b h

Or you could just be a native english speaker

English is very hard in a retarded way. It has too many complications. Speaking a proper English verbally is also a great pain.
If you wanna understand how fucked up it is to learn English then try to learn some Slavic language

are you implying young people learn much faster? omg source???

Yeah but it's ugly as hell

Nigga, if you want to learn a language, learn german or dutch.

practically the same

whats a pederast walter

>Of course European languages are easier to someone who already speaks a European language

Attached: 1517935902987.jpg (763x771, 60K)

Pedophile

Kek
Poor Eesti. But you already have a head start on the elvish moon language.

Imagine not having declinations

English is basically a creole, i think other creoles might be alright

we have agglutinative language and vowel and constant harmony.

Attached: 1522601400933.png (436x511, 16K)

>English
>Simple
Then explain why my English is beyond shit although I have pretty high intelligence quotient and studied this language almost for a decade you retarded mutt moron

English is a fucked up language and every ESLs admit it.

because IQ is a meme

>English is not simple.
lol it's fucking toddler tier
Any retard can learn English because of how simplistic it is

Then why can't your parents learn it?

lmao English verb conjugation is a fucking joke
The grammar is piss easy and nouns don't even have gender.

It can't get any simpler than that.
I can't fathom how people can find English complicated.

Have you considered you may be dumb at languages? IQ is about finding patterns, languages don't work that way

I'd like to hear you actually speak it.

ASSBLASTED MONOLINGUALS

>my monolingual ass in on fire

lol bud, nothing wrong with English being a piss easy entry-level language. I guess that's why it became the lingua franca.

English isn't really simple in itself, mainly because it's so influenced by different sources that there's no real consistency.

It's only "easy" to learn because it's fucking everywhere so you're always consuming it in some form (mostly subconsciously), so you'll have an easier time remembering stuff.

Coming from a language with Grammatical Gender, articles, complex verb conjugation and Latin vocabulary will make English simple but there are many languages that differ from this which is why find English difficult.
A lot of the tools used to speak English were already available to you.

>there's no real consistency.
Probably not regarding orthography but it does have syntactical consistency. And it is easy to lear how to conjugate the verbs because it uses auxiliar words, so you don't have to learn a bunch of different endings for each verb

>"pédé"
What the fuck, we use exactly same word in Vietnamese too, pê đê mean gay or faggot.

The hardest languages to learn as a native English speaker are Chinese, Japanese and Arabic.

It's as if they had some influence over you in history.

*bê đê, sorry too amaze so put some typos there.

Another american that visit /fr/ !
I try to post semi-regularly

What the fuck.
Pede (spelled as pédé) is a slang of "percaya diri," it means "confident"

>the most content in virtually anything imaginable is made in English.
lmao

Wow! percaya almost sounds like Percius from that movie.

It hurts that every other language is worthless so I have no motivation to learn it.

Too late for Latin and French
Too early for Chinese

Attached: almostunpleasant.jpg (223x226, 7K)

agreed

there's literally no use in learning Dutch if you don't live here or in one of our colonies.