Is working in Japan as a foreigner as bad as this guy's experience?

youtube.com/watch?v=P7Z2O9Nwt6c

Is working in Japan as a foreigner as bad as this guy's experience?

>treated as a 2nd-class citizen
>ignored by everyone
>co-workers tell you to do one thing, and then criticize you the next day for it
>work is exhausting
>more expensive than america
>average english teaching job earns you $2000 per month, which is just enough for rent and necessities
>everything paid in cash; no debit card --- only an ATM card
>xenophobic despite being in the big city Tokyo and assimilating to their culture
>not a lot to do after experiencing all the superficial activities like visiting Akihabara and Karaoke
>very difficult to make true friends and connections
>everyone stares at you once you open the door, ruining the mood
>english teachers have a better quality of life in China

Attached: jap.jpg (314x231, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/korean-league-of-legends-player-retiring-after-traumati-1825769778
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: after life of english teacher in japan.jpg (575x384, 79K)

At least he got a qt japanese wife

>some faggot "english teacher" who can´t hack it at home is also a loser in Japan
INFORM THE PRESIDENT

reminds me of this
kotaku.com/korean-league-of-legends-player-retiring-after-traumati-1825769778
>routinely harassed by Japanese officers for not having his passport/paper work
>team he was playing for never got him the proper paper work
>fined whenever he went outside
>every fine was around 1,800 USD

>implying Japanese need to care about some loser English teacher's opinion
How about Japan try and make these fucks live even worse than now to prevent all those fucks from getting into Japan?

Probably a loser, I had a blast

it's because he's ugly. uglies are subhuman and deserve to be treated as such

>some faggot "english teacher" who can´t hack it at home is also a loser in Japan

jesus christ that hideous face

Maybe he’s right, but he’s also Ryan Boundless, which immediately invalidates any opinion he might have, even if I agreed with him. He should khs and you should kys too for giving him attention.

At least, it still be better than live in russia.

dumb fag comments calling him ugly.
You think samurai chinks give a fuck if you're pretty or not? What does beatuy equate to anything?

Most of you retards fail to awknowledge something really important that separates a tourist gaijin from a local gaijin..

First things first, Tokyo is not the only city in Japan. Most of you think Tokyo is this heaven where gaijins don't get shit on from japs but here's the truth. Gaijins dont get shit on because they are seen as costumers who will bring money to business. If you're living in Tokyo and you're treated good, it's not because you've somehow managed to integrate yourself, it's because japanese still think you're some tourist.
Wanna know what life really is like in Japan? Go to more rural areas and less cosmopolitan ridden areas. That's the true Japan.

> video by this old ayylmao looking fag
Trash

Literally don't get why people like this complain "i hate Japan I wake up every day thinking GOD FUCKING DANG IT I'm in Japan it's like a prison". It's not like a prison just go home if you don't like it

>being treated like a second class citizen
Because you ARE a second class citizen just accept it. Japan is for the Japanese

Fuck off Jao

Germans behave the same by the way. Especially passive aggressive behavior part - staring at you in a creepy way in public, cutting in line in front of you, impossible to make friends (except other foreigners), xenophobia, very strong suppressed sadistic tendencies of the native population, aggressive hivemind conformism. Japan and Germany are very similar to each other.

Convenience stores are the best, especially at night.

One thing is legit.
if you are damn in your country, you are damn in Japan too.
don't flee to Japan stay there.
thats it.

>if you are damn in your country, you are damn in Japan too.
/thread

>muhh white privilege

I’m laughing my ass off reading this as an Asian from Canada studying in the US

>Ryan Boundless
lol

>muh anime shows bright colours and shinning skies

move there jose, won't be long until you realise you have no friends because you struggle to make meaningful relationships with locals as people of your age work 12 hours and day to then return to their families while you work a 2nd class as an assistant language teacher working 2 days a week for only 5 hours a day for menial pay.

Attached: FB_IMG_1525313104134.jpg (690x920, 48K)

Relocating to another country is seen as a last resort for a reason.

>2012
>Gf and I were in Japan for 5 months
>We used to have a tango duet (She plays the cello and I the violin).
>Had several contracts.
>Living there as an outsider it's impossible.

We never planned to stay but we met a lot of people from outside and the one thing that they tell you is that you'll get ignored most of the time. Even in stores like if another costumer comes they just leave you there hanging.

I remember a spanish guy who felt so alone that when we had to go from Kyoto to Hiroshima he came with us because he didn't wanted to be alone again (Now he's back in Spain).

Also my gf got TONS of sex offers at the end of each show. And the worst part is that they like to discussing that with me because they don't like to talk business with women and some of them asked me if I was her pimp.

Japan is a beautiful country. Too bad radiation altered the morale.

I thought we all knew this. Japanese are vile people and not cute cuddly goofy anime people. Especially if you're already a loser, here in the west you can get by but in Japan you're supposed to be the best at everything.

My uncle i know lives in Japan pretty satisfyingly tho

Foreigner here.
1/3
lol. Recent trend actually it`s getting first class now while native Japanese are slowly going down to second class.
>ignored by everyone
Poor in japanese proficiency is fine, but for this reason you tried to avoid conversation and be asperger, nobody is going to cast a look anyway
>co-workers tell you to do one thing, and then criticize you the next day for it
Huh, never seen a co-worker like that.
>work is exhausting
It's work-style reform all hot in Japan now. I only work 8 hours/day, 5 days/week. My boss asked me to go home once time up.
The benefit of choosing the right company to work in.

2/3
>more expensive than america
Agree of this. Before salary entered my pocket, $400 had to be deducted first for income tax and insurance.
>average english teaching job earns you $2000 per month, which is just enough for rent and necessities
Not just english teacher, teaching jobs in Japan are looked upon as the lower class job in hierachy. It being closed up as problematic issue that due to the deficiency of the system, no matter how much teacher worked overtime, it was counted as "volunteered" and only little overtime income will be paid. Similar issue are closed up on doctor as well.
>everything paid in cash; no debit card --- only an ATM card
I used debit card and credit card everyday. It is rare for me to see a shop without a card-swipping machine.
>xenophobic despite being in the big city Tokyo and assimilating to their culture
lel, Tokyo is shit anyway. Locals of the rural countryside where I used to live in are much friendlier and kind.

3/3
>very difficult to make true friends and connections
Likewise I said previously, avoiding conversation and be asperger will have everyone ignored you. Even fellow gaijins will look at you with disgust.
>everyone stares at you once you open the door, ruining the mood
Build up the habit of greeting everyday and result will be different.
>english teachers have a better quality of life in China
Well honestly I don't have the gut of living in that totalitarian shithole lol. English teacher in Taiwan>English teacher in China anyway.

My advice, go to Japanese university for 4 years to learn their cultures and interacting techniques before you consider work in Japanese company.

He's right... but the reality is that most of what expats in Japan and Korea complain about is just the reality of their culture.

In actual fact, locals go easy on foreigners because they realize how hard it is to adjust to (even if said foreigners don't appreciate it).

The problem with staying in Japan or Korea too long is that you start to instinctively feel the same sort of weird depression and stress-inducing peer pressure the locals do, which is why it's important to maintain a sense of seperation from the people around you.

The reality is that you will never be treated as part of the hive, so the paltry benefits gotten from being extremely sensitive and culturally aware aren't even really on offer.

So you have to constantly remind yourself to do your job well (enough), but make a deliberate point of NOT getting caught up in the madness of local social mores. All it does is make people stressed out as hell, which actually leads to them making a bad impression even when they're actually trying to do the right thing.

Be friendly, outgoing and as happy as possible according to Western standards. That's what they expect, anyway. Leave the bowing and scraping and social drama and all of that to the natives, even if you know the culture and language and all of that.

>work for $2000 which is just enough for basic life needs
Sounds like Europe

Isn't being part of the culture almost impossible in almost every country except America?

I forgot to add the word anyway, hmm

Many foreigners managed to blend in just fine over here.

$2000 is mcdonalds tier. Teachers earn much more

but you're living in Finland. i don't think Romanian teachers and Finnish teachers receive same amount of wage.

Also, live your life for yourself. A lot of foreigners in Asia end up putting themselves in a box of their own making. They work furiously to look act and behave in a way that they think locals will like, only to kill their own individuality and personality and they're still not conforming to local standards.

So the answer really is not to get all bottled up, don't get effected by what you think others think of you, and just do what you want. The model here is anthropologist mode. You don't want to either be a slavish herd follower, or an aggressive bully deliberately provoking others. You're just being you.

Not only does this subtly raise your status since you're not being a beta bitch weeb faggot, but it will also make you happier, making you more at ease which will in turn give others a better impression of your personality. Happy gaijin are popular gaijin. Asians often THINK they want foreigners to play the supplicant and behave as local as possible, but actually end up despising and looking down on such people.

No matter where you go, there will always be some people who don't like you and this is true even in your own country. So you might as well just do what you want. Changing yourself too much to meet what you think others' expectations are will breed unhappiness and resentment, which is why it's a bad idea regardless where you are.

If there are aspects of local culture and behavior you honestly like and want to adopt, then fine. But only do so of your own free will. This advice serves well both at home AND abroad actually when you think about it.

>why did this guy ignore by everyone
because this guy is ugly shit
ugly white is trash

Also, why doesn't Ryan Boundless improve himself more? He's an experienced English teacher with fluent Japanese, why doesn't he get a DELTA/other teaching qual, move to the US, rake in the cash as a tutor for Jap students in America

Or he could take the Jap version of the JLPT for native Japanese people, go to translator school, you can still make a good living do that, or he can at least do that shit on the side

Don't let him off that lightly, there are plenty of ugly Japanese guys that have made it in life with their willpower, charisma, intelligence and/or strength.

kek

why jap is so superficial

When in Rome, do as a Romans do
If you don't like Japanese culture, get the fuck out
EASY RIGHT?

I sat through this whole 40 minute video...

This guy only spent THREE MONTHS in Japan and feels qualified to make a video judging the whole country on the basis of one shitty job he had there (and one time he went into a bar and wasn't welcomed by the locals) it's ridiculous. When I first started watching it, I assumed he had been there for years. I'll be honest, he's not wrong about everything, but

Literally what was that

The best part was where he claims to have "tried to assimilate to the culture" and "learn the language" while he was there, like anyone can do that in three months.

I gather he had a shitty job, but Jesus Christ, he said he had a "hard time making friends" when he practically went there for lunch turned around got on a plane and flew home

WE ARE NOTT REISIS TTT