Why are there are so many people interested in this random island? Like the other Nordics, it has little culture...

Why are there are so many people interested in this random island? Like the other Nordics, it has little culture. Its isolation means it has little history. It's smaller and lower in population than tons of US cities that you not only don't care about but also have never heard of. Why is it still a thing? It's just so random how people care about this place.

Attached: 37748163-iceland-map-flag-coat.jpg (1300x1221, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=and that's a good thing&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjT8fOlyfnbAhUKl5AKHUy-A5gQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=635
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also one of the most obese countries in Europe, ahead of even us.

Attached: Obese_Chart_2905.jpg (806x627, 79K)

They're rich and have awesome landscapes. And the girls are cute
Downsides: it's pretty small and doesn't have any big cities

Attached: iceland_NationalGeographic_2168279.jpg (3000x2002, 519K)

has it ever come to your mind that not everyone thinks the same as you?

Well they should
also checked

This, plus interesting language. Also, Vikangz (sagas and eddur etc). Redpilled chess master Bobby Fischer beat Spassky there back in '72.

OI M8

Attached: average icelander.jpg (220x359, 27K)

I think it's mostly viking LARPers but the untouched nature is also pretty nice.

Tourism is mostly concentrated to nature not to cities. Some people want different from their holidays

>Like the other Nordics, it has little culture.

Attached: brainlet.png (621x702, 56K)

They wuz vikangz so that makes them interesting enough for normies/pol

Why are viking larpers interested in Iceland? Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Danes more "viking" than Icelanders? I think I read that Icelandic people have a lot of genes from the British.

if there was such thing as exotic white people they would live in iceland

It's because Icelandic is much closer to old norse than any of the 3 Scandi languages today.

I didn't know Greece was so fat. What happened to muh Mediterranean diet?

I thought most Icelandics were descendents of Norwegian men and scottish/irish female slaves.

Icelandic looks hard to learn but it also looks really cool.

You're correct. Iceland was first populated by Norwegians who fled the rule of the first king of a united Norway, Harald Hårfagre, in the early 900s. His regime was brutal, apparently.
It's really cool and yes really hard to learn unless you have a Scandi language as your native.

>americans who have never left their homestate much less their country speaks their mind
just shut the fuck up you blubber

Attached: 1523134143905.jpg (504x470, 56K)

The first man who settled on Iceland was a Swede.

I guess they are.

> Historical and DNA records indicate that around 60 to 80 percent of the male settlers were of Norse origin (primarily from Western Norway) and a similar percentage of the women were of Gaelic stock from Ireland and peripheral Scotland.[9][10]

Still that makes them pretty fucking Gaelic. Genetically less vikangz than Scandis.

don't be so rude you bully

Why are there are so many people interested in this random land? Like the other Americas, it has little culture. Its isolation means it has little history. It's smaller and lower in population than tons of chinese cities that you not only don't care about but also have never heard of. Why is it still a thing? It's just so random how people care about this place.

Attached: USA_Flag_Map.svg.png (1280x803, 136K)

>The first man.
versus
>The first mass of people intending to build a colony and later a country, fleeing a place they weren't intending on going back to.
Leif Eriksson didn't settle the US, for example.

Just saying. We have a claim to it.

Attached: AC93E884-ADD9-4798-9EAC-E086EA587234.jpg (475x630, 41K)

Naturally, we all have a claim to Iceland. The danes ruled them for a time, the first single man to settle was a Swede and the first mass of people to unite and build a country were Norwegians.

Of course, we should ask icelanders what they want to say in the matter. I know from personal experience that it's not fun to have your country "played with" and traded around and taken credit for, like a puppet in a game or a chess piece in a chess game.

>my mutt ass is on fire!

I've played around a bit with Norwegian on Duolingo and I find it remarkably similar to English. There are big differences of course but it just feels comfortable and familiar.

>t.Amerindian x White mutt

Yeah, there's a huge amount of similarities between norwegian bokmål and english. Also to scots/scottish (don't know the term); "barn" is Scandinavian for "child", while "bairn" is the same in scots/celtic/idk.

AND THAT'S A GOOD THING

I bet this is a bait, but this ignorance wouldn't surprise coming from an amerimutt.

Why is everyone saying this? Bring me up to speed with the new meme.

If you started acting all autistic and derailed the thread, it wouldn't surprise me coming from a Finn.

That's what a Swede would do.

google.com/search?q=and that's a good thing&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjT8fOlyfnbAhUKl5AKHUy-A5gQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=635

Reeeeeeeeykjavik is one big tourist trap.

I dunno man, you guys have claimed the mantle of shitposting champions recently as far as I'm concerned.