Why does such a giant piece of land have only 2, maybe 3 accents, while this tiny island has hundreds accents...

Why does such a giant piece of land have only 2, maybe 3 accents, while this tiny island has hundreds accents, maybe more?

Attached: 111.png (800x400, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AURlOdZM5UA
youtube.com/watch?v=PEC1C4p0k3E
youtube.com/watch?v=MxEauRq1WxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sh163n1lJ4M
youtube.com/watch?v=4MO1K_4d-qk
youtube.com/watch?v=1IlRVy7oZ58
youtube.com/watch?v=yVYtIdUcYqY
youtube.com/watch?v=0-w47wgdhso
youtube.com/watch?v=VBe_guezGGc
youtube.com/watch?v=8GcJLOG5Zxs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

accents happen when people have lived there for a long time
mass media has taught the last few generations how to talk
only real english accents in canada are newfie, atlantic, and native

centuries ago the distance from scotland to london felt longer than todays distance from quebec to vancouver

We have at least a dozen common accents in the states alone. I also doubt there's a hundred accents in Brittain.

uh...

Attached: imrs.png (855x514, 12K)

Because we are naturally superior.

That doesn't have Fargo, which is legit is own thing so terrible it should be marked.

I can only think of a few. There is "THOT voice" out in california where people do the deep throat murmer like they are perpetually hung over, in Wisconsin we have a special accent up north I cant describe it, in South they have accent, and East US there is a nasal accent

>I also doubt there's a hundred accents in Brittain
youtube.com/watch?v=AURlOdZM5UA

>maybe three
Monkey tier post

fake accent does not exist

I had a great from their once. It definitely does though I rather wish it didn't.

this only applies to people over the age of 50

Nah, I live in NJ and people from all over the country pass through here and most of them (even young people) have differing accents.

>hundreds of accents

Not really hundreds tbqh.

Attached: 1460564590956.jpg (990x1260, 202K)

see There's more difference between any two cities in UK than """New England Eastern""" and """San Francisco Urban""" or whatever you want to compare.

Attached: American dialects accents.png (2717x2470, 601K)

accents in the british isles have had over a thousand years to diverge, accents in america have converged quickly because of radio and high geographical mobility

There's multiple accents within counties.

Of course but no where near hundreds.

In russian language there are no dialects or accents by which you can say where this person is from

If you think that's true then you're actually retarded

There's probably ~100 across the whole of the UK. I live in Norfolk and the accents in differ by class, location (Norwich sounds different to somewhere like King's Lynn) and other factors. Assuming it's similar throughout the country, hundreds isn't an unreasonable estimate.

I thought Moscow had it's differences from the rest. Don't they pronounce all the Os instead of turning unstressed ones into As or something?

John Kennedy: Massachusetts native
>youtube.com/watch?v=PEC1C4p0k3E

Lyndon Johnson: Texas native
>youtube.com/watch?v=MxEauRq1WxQ

Richard Nixon: Califonia native
>youtube.com/watch?v=sh163n1lJ4M

Gerald Ford: Nebraska native
>youtube.com/watch?v=4MO1K_4d-qk

Jimmy Carter: Georgia native
>youtube.com/watch?v=1IlRVy7oZ58

Ronald Reagan: Illinois native
>youtube.com/watch?v=yVYtIdUcYqY

Donald Trump: New York native:
>youtube.com/watch?v=0-w47wgdhso

Tell me there's no difference

Only the Southern accents and the New York/New England accents sound distinct to me.

The New York accent feels so clear.
The Californian feels like TV, and the others are different kinds of rural.
JFK's is a bit more "High class"

bc you're not from na, you could recognize differences if you had grown up with them. conversely a lot of people not from the uk could find many of the accents as sounding very similar.

what are the colors supposed to indicate

>only 2, maybe 3 accents

You can differentiate between about 10 different regions of Ontario alone by accent if you aren't retarded.

different accents

i've lived in nyc my whole life and only old wh*te people and jews have anything close to the hollywood super extreme accent

t. never visited Britain.
The accents change every 5 miles at the least

> I also doubt there's a hundred accents in Brittain.
How stupid can one person be?

Britain comprises of humans at different evolutionary periods. This is why some of their accents just sound like grunting, whilst others are vaguely understandable.

Take my area, Tyne and Wear (the blue 'castle'), would you say Newcastle's accent is similar to Sunderland's? Or even to Shields?

There are thousands, tens of thousands, of English accents.

the funny thing is, i can't really explain why mackems sound different...they just do

the delmarva has at least 5 accents

The classic differences are mam/dad versus ma/da, haway versus howay, and the long i vowel: image a Geordie saying 'gadgie' and the last syllable will be almost ridiculously long, whereas the Mackem is softer and shorter.

>Brazil in charge of knowing English accents
Someone from Maine doesn't sound like someone from California.

I refuse to believe that there's no difference between Georgia and Florida.

There is but just in the south central florida. I live in the north and have a southern accent and so do most people in the north of the state.

there is, just the map generalized some of the accents

English from England gives me headache.
So as spanish from Spain.
Why did they distorted the language like that and make it absolute garbage?

Because tiny island developed its language over centuries of lack of communication among the distinct populations

How can you say that when I've seen a video of some mexican getting mutilated and screaming "awee.... ayy... papi... ayyyyyy.... para viejo..."
mexicans who have the subhuman accent burned into their mind can't even beg for their life without doing cliche sounds, jesus christ.

> English from England gives me headache.
That's because you learnt American English: with its subtlety and nuance of speaking very loudly in a whiny, nasal monotone with the diction of a five-year old.

Actual English is hugely complicated.

except for Ukrainian and Belarusian dialects

atlantic accents and newfie accent are more Irish than English

Nebraska is the best one.

you guys just talk like youre drunk all the time

>Confirmed for never having even spoken to a Canadian

Best English accent is the accent my Scottish granny had. When I speak English I speak with that soft sounding Estuary English like a homo. That Scottish accent sounds alpha as fuck even my old granny sounded tough speaking it.

>Also Southern Ontario
>Northern Ontario
>And the French parts of Canada outside Quebec

>Philadelphia and South Jersey together with the midwest

what the fuck is this? how utterly unaware can you be?
weird that they knew about Pennsylvania Dutch English though and then missed that

>has never been here

england has been around for about 1000 years

Not a very good image. British born Pakis that live in Birmingham speak different to white Brummies for example. And not all brummies sound like Ozzy osbourne

>The Californian feels like TV
That's just because it sounds a bit like the fake "Trans-Atlantic" accent used on TV broadcasting.

Even in different neighborhoods of NYC the accents differ. For example, George Carlin had the classic Bronx accent.

youtube.com/watch?v=VBe_guezGGc

Bill Clinton: Arkansas native

Not really. There are still regional accents for younger people, just not as strong.
This map is bullshit regardless

I'm fairly certain you are the first person in this thread to actually answer the question.
This is also why North America has more accents than Australia

I think not everyone from Liverpool sounds like Ringo Starr either.

South African English accents sound cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=8GcJLOG5Zxs

George HW Bush was from Massachusetts but he doesn't sound anything like Kennedy.

>Ozark

what the fuck

boring

perhaps the colonists only came from a certain region

it happened in quebec and that's why we mostly sound the same

It might be because he's from a WASP background while the Baaawwston accent is an Irish thing.

A lot of the dumbest people in America like Appalachian hillbillies are descended from the subhuman elements of the British Isles that were deposited here to get rid of them.

Shut the fuck up dago.

She probably has quite a few cousins in West Virginia.

Attached: Liverpudian woman.jpg (592x720, 77K)

Are the rumors true that Neanderthal admixture is common in the UK?

Want me to link a video of chavs grunting barely intelligible football chants?

They used to do this because in the 1950s or something it was easier to pick up on microphones.