Why there are no Filipino, Indian,Chinese or Tajik imageboards? Well, there are some, but they are almost dead...

Why there are no Filipino, Indian,Chinese or Tajik imageboards? Well, there are some, but they are almost dead. Are imageboard a western-Japanese thing?

Attached: F4F3AC6E-ACAC-4585-995F-A948F9C62A13.jpg (4032x3024, 2.22M)

Komica is a Taiwanese imageboard.

There was an Indiachan but the owner of it was a retarded redditor who shut it down because "everyone was fighting on it" which went against his vision of having a place for free discourse or whatever
The idea was doomed from the start.
Hopefully someone else will make a competent imageboard for India one day

Is it popular?

we had maloloschan, but it's inactive

idk if you'd consider infinity to be a flip imgboard, wheels retired too early

I am willing to make one. Where do I advertise it?

Why aren’t they active? Sosach is pretty popular in Russia.

Im making one but its going to be anime culture oriented and no retarded political bullshit allowed.
Also running a website is expensive. Can cost 200₹ per month at the minimum.

Good place to start would be Jow Forums, Jow Forums and /sp/ itself
It'll get traction if you're lucky, if it takes off I'd be willing to share it on Facebook. I have a number of friends added who'd be into the idea.

Why not have different boards instead? No one will be happy with an only weebshit website
₹200 isn't that expensive desu, you can have adverts as well.

Idk sorry.

Too bad when you are a pajeet, right?

t. salary well over $1000

we had pinoychan but it got raided after someone dumped a lot of CP there

It should have switched to another domain

I guess he's just saying that because it's an unnecessary thing to spend money on when you aren't getting anything out of it.
I spend almost ₹500 daily for breakfast and lunch so ₹200 a month isn't anything noteworthy.
I'm busy with college and stuff so I don't think I'd be able to run a website like that though

Isn’t it obvious that a person who wants to run an imageboard wants fame/attention/power/some meaning in life?

No. Allowing /news/ and Jow Forums coincides with Jow Forums going to shit. If someone isnt happy they arent forced to come here.
Also I dont think adverts will happen unless the site becomes too big which I doubt.
No it really is expensive for me I havent started earning yet, Im still a student, and its only going to come out of my monthly allowance which is 1500₹, which is mainly for commutes but I cheap out and travel by foot most of the time.

Hmm is that always the case?
You can run it silently too, right?
Regardless, if there's no alternative imageboard in the next two years (when my college ends), I will make one I guess.

True. My uni is close to my house so I live with my parents mostly hence i don't really have allowance per se

Hmm I was more so implying having boards for discussion of culture, music, movies, technology, etc
Because they seem like popular themes most people like to discuss about

Yeah sports/kites/music boards seem alright. I only want to keep hobby oriented boards.

chan owner forgot to hide the domain ownership behind 7 proxies at the time

As far as I know the 2chan board owner still has undisclosed indentity.

What happened to him?

Shit like this really gets to me. I dont want anyone I know IRL to know I run an imageboard.
I hope I never have to deal with the police.