Guys I just want to know if I was honestly in the wrong here...

Guys I just want to know if I was honestly in the wrong here. I was eating some dinner with my best friend and his girl at a local place. I don't remember how the conversation got here but his girl, Jane, said she knows how to drive manual because she knows how to move it and she's driven it a few times. But I daily drive a manual vehicle. I said "No, you don't." Before I could explain why I would say this, she instantly called me condescending and made a scene saying that she can get it moving and all this bs. When I brought up rpm's she didn't even know what that was.

Now, I'm not angry about our disagreement. I'm angry at the fact that she called me condescending and made a scene, when I've let her drive my automatic car before without even having a license (this was practice for her driver's license test), and I was willing to let her try my manual car just to show her why I'd say this.

That doesn't seem like a condescending person to me. And the way she reacted honestly just seemed like she was being manipulative so she feel like she's right.

I don't know man. Should I just let it go.

Attached: download (7).jpg (259x194, 11K)

let it go

If she ever asks to drive my car should I remind her of this moment when she disrespected me?

no

Goddammit it pisses me off. But alright I'll let it go. But if she ever pulls something like this again I will not let it go.

She sounds like an uppity cunt but why is this on Jow Forums

I wanted to vent a little and was curious of what different cultures have to say about it. I'm Portuguese and she's latina, as is my friend.

It’s a thinly veiled attempt by an American to gain approval by claiming that he drives standard

What are you talking about. I grew up Portuguese. Manual cars are nothing new to me.

Let's make this Jow Forums related

What do you miss about Portugal and wish that America did like it?

>crying over some weird word i can't pronounce nor understand
stop being such a faggot

I miss the country side and tight knit communities. I miss the food. I miss the amazing streets and European city roads. The brick pavements and narrow streets. I wish America had the same weather. I wish America was healthy like Portugal. I wish American food was similar to Mediterranean food.

>Weird word I can't pronounce nor understand
What the fuck are you on about m8?

There must be somewhere in the US that has similar weather to Portugal. Why not move there? Cities usually have mediterranean restaurants too

>condescending

Those "mediterranean restaurants" are nothing like real European restaurants. You can honestly just taste it. Although that is most likely just my bias.

As for why I can't move to Portugal or anywhere similar, I'm still studying for a bachelor's degree and, thus, can't afford it. It would be way too expensive, especially if I were to plan on going to Uni. I'm comfortable with where I'm currently at.

what med food are you missing

I still don't understand what you're referring to. I already said I was angry about her reaction. I don't car about the whole "I drive manual" thing. Her disagreeing with me on that doesn't bother me. However, I am by no means condescending. I drive a crap car worth less than a grand and never flaunt what I have. Nor do I dress expensively.

I miss the seafood mixtures, the sausages, some of the pork dishes, and what they could do with bread.

You like the american freedom and burgers though, right?

Fuck yes