Anyone else notice that fruit don't have taste anymore?

Anyone else notice that fruit don't have taste anymore?

Attached: mango-18.jpg (1000x793, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

elementy.ru/novosti_nauki/431862/Genetiki_vyyasnili_pochemu_pomidory_stali_nevkusnymi
elementy.ru/novosti_nauki/432921/Genetiki_ponyali_kak_vernut_pomidoram_vkus_i_zapakh_otnyatye_selektsionerami/t69870/Genetika
elementy.ru/novosti_nauki/433278/Vyyavleny_geny_otvechayushchie_za_soderzhanie_sakharov_v_yablokakh
youtube.com/watch?v=EzEr23XJwFY
youtube.com/watch?v=SpD4PXg_BKg
youtube.com/watch?v=qljGix6uun8
forbes.com/sites/gmoanswers/2015/12/21/how-are-gmos-regulated/#541c7f596255
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide#Birth_defects_crisis
growlikegrandad.co.uk/allotment/seems-modern-fruits-vegetables-bigger-no-nutritious.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it has to do with how it is transported
the fruits are picked early and they mature while being transported so there is no more nutrients being made into sugar, they just get larger i think they put them in an oxygen rich room or something

maybe if you live in a third world country

Fruit are pretty tasty. What are you talking about?

No.

They used to be

When I eat figs off the tree they're great but the fruit that I buy is tasteless in comparison, I wonder if it because of GMO or something else

Don't import American fluoride HFCS fruits then

Don't buy your fruits from foreigners

Havent noticed it with fruits but with vegetables certainly.
Of you compare tastrless western European vegetables to Eastern European or Caucasian the difference is night and day.

Bought at a local farmer's market a few times and it was better, but really expensive

Why are you talking about food?
Be glad that you have something to eat.
It's Saturday evening, now it's time for you to start preparing for another wageslave week.

Hop hop

cheap fruits/vegetables taste like water here especially those from the supermarket

That's why I buy those from the local producers, way tastier and cost less

elementy.ru/novosti_nauki/431862/Genetiki_vyyasnili_pochemu_pomidory_stali_nevkusnymi
elementy.ru/novosti_nauki/432921/Genetiki_ponyali_kak_vernut_pomidoram_vkus_i_zapakh_otnyatye_selektsionerami/t69870/Genetika

Not a wagecuck though

Attached: 1454515736753.jpg (1277x901, 484K)

Maybe you just got old?
You literally lose tastebuds as you get older.

Attached: 1530376795097.jpg (380x349, 60K)

Not Russian either

Thing is once in a while I get a rare specimen that actually has taste, and it rekindles my memories of how it used to taste all the time, as well as makes me realize how most fruits taste bland now

Attached: boomer band.jpg (2252x2253, 745K)

Use your google translate. Or read the source if you are educated enough. All the links on papaers are there.

Nice boomer

>in apples and berries
It can be different fruit variety. They might have been picked too early or something in the growing process(temp, nutrients etc) is different so they haven't devoleped proper sugar levels and therefore might not get into their full potential.

Ok I've read it, I heard something about that in the past, seems like a dumb tactic because it means people will buy less fruits

elementy.ru/novosti_nauki/433278/Vyyavleny_geny_otvechayushchie_za_soderzhanie_sakharov_v_yablokakh

I noticed some strawberries just taste of water

That's because you live in the desert, and all fruits are either coming from the other side of the world or from totally synthetic parcels in the oppressed territories.

GMO would only make it better, learn how it works instead of buying into propaganda

fruits can't grow larger without water, and if they were low in sugar they would tsate acidic (since it's acids that are turned into sugars)

Most of the country isn't a desert, we even export fruit, and fruit from local trees actually tastes good, while other fruits are imported, it's not the issue

>GMO would only make it better, learn how it works instead of buying into propaganda
this is baiting for (You)s isn't it?

youtube.com/watch?v=EzEr23XJwFY

Anti-GMO murricans asked what GMO is.

No but I'll get a ton from anti-science Jow Forumsshits anyway

how would GMO make it better, since you seem to posture as if you know what you're talking about

Why do people consider GMO such a bogeyman? Why are there so many luddites in this nice, modern world?

They taste pretty damn good here

>scientists have been messing with the food
>no idea what they have done with it
>you are being a lab rat while paying the same price for the food
I'm studying biotechnology so don't call me anti science either

>>scientists have been messing with the food
>>no idea what they have done with it
>this hasn't been going on for centuries

Attached: christmas present.webm (405x720, 908K)

Just you, you're taste buds are slowly dying

>people still afraid of GMO

mankind been messing with food for thousands of years but NOW you're worried lmao
if you like nature so much why don't you drink a nice cup of hemlock tea?

hybridization is quite different from transgene insertion

You're paying an agrobiotech corp for the right to use their seeds. Every year you have to renew your contractual agreement. If you use the seeds that their plants produce then they have the right to sue you. Some companies produce sterile crops; others produce crops that can potentially reproduce with your neighbor's crops, and then now the company also has the right to sue your neighbor. Some GMO crops, when reproducing with non-GMO crops, make frankenstein-ish monster children, like non-GMO corn crops in Mexico, which were destroyed after reproducing with GMO crops. All this is in service for industrial farming. And please don't call me a luddite you stupid person.

why would they engineer something to be worse. really think for a moment. why would they spend so much money to make a fig that tastes like sand

not really

No, sometimes the GMO fruits that are breed to grow super big have poor taste, but normal ones would taste the same.
Also please actually educate yourself on GMO's
Fuck off you anti science retard, GMO crops have to go though extra testing and we know exactly what we've done with it.

Maybe listen to an actual scientist about this stuff?
youtube.com/watch?v=SpD4PXg_BKg
youtube.com/watch?v=qljGix6uun8

i didn't say that whatever this guy's issue with fruits is has to do with GMO, work on your reading comprehension

>watch this youtube personality
lol

in the former case the new genes come from a related organism, in the latter case they don't

>why would they engineer something to be worse
because scienticts can't always predict the outcome of what they are doing

>in the former case the new genes come from a related organism, in the latter case they don't
I used code from a spreadsheet program in a video game, so clearly it won't work and will give me cancer right?

>and we know exactly what we've done with it.
>we
tell me what you have done with "it".

Then why would they sell it? Scientists that working on metallurgy don't just give random results to the public, they test it then use it. Same with GMO's you tard

computer programs don't reproduce

and yeah, it probably won't work if you just copy-paste the source code, since they probably use different APIs and dependencies

videogames are not organisms, user

I've worked as a lab tech, not a proper scientist, but I'll believe the people who actually finished college

Code is still code, the idea that a sequence is somehow inherently different because of where it came from is complete nonsense. Maybe try taking a middle school level biology class?

I'm pretty sure in burgerland the corporations are allowed to sell random shit to the public mutts without any consequence if their product happens to cause harm

>Then why would they sell it?
money
>Scientists that working on metallurgy don't just give random results to the public, they test it then use it.
civil engineers have to abide by different regulations than food producers (or lack thereof)

code has bugs and so do genetic sequences
the latter are an order of magnitude more complex than a spreadsheet program or a videogame

Everything from store is dogshit today - fruits, vegetables, meat, dairy.
I can compare with home grown food, when I visit my granny. I don't remember such contrast in the past.

so you have worked on the development of GMO, now it makes perfect sense why you defend it so fanatically

>the idea that a sequence is somehow inherently different because of where it came from is complete nonsense.
you said that.

I may be a brainlet op, so don't take me too seriously. I think it may have to do with export fruit being selected mainly for for qualities that make it favorable for export like shelf life and appearance. In comparison taste is not the most important consideration for crops. Although there are exceptions like arabica and robusta coffee. In the case of mangoes, the tommy atkins mango is the most sold variety in the us and uk despite its poor taste and fibrousness. Its popularity due to how friendly for grocery markets it is.

You can't make money if less people buy your product that tastes worse than other available products on the market. The food industry is driven by taste, if people don't like it than they don't buy it. Companies spend millions researching how to make food more appealing every year, if they could sell something that tasted like cardboard they wouldn't be doing it.
>civil engineers have to abide by different regulations than food producers (or lack thereof)
[citation needed]
>code has bugs and so do genetic sequences
Yes, that's why you test it like they do. We didn't suddenly abandon scientific rigor, nor did the EPA and FDA suddenly stop testing products for safety.

>so you have worked on the development of GMO, now it makes perfect sense why you defend it so fanatically
>fanatically
It's almost like you're some kind of anti science retard. I bet you don't believe in vaccinations either
>you said that.
I said what? As long as it's the same language than it can be read just fine. I'm making a comparison between two alike things, it doesn't matter where the code came from, there is no inherent difference

If you want things to be "natural" and "organic" why not go live like Africans with the other niggers who can't manage their own food supply.

>It's almost like you're some kind of anti science retard. I bet you don't believe in vaccinations either
calling a science student an anti science retard. you are not too bright, are you?
>>I said what?
>the idea that a sequence is somehow inherently different because of where it came from is complete nonsense
that's what you said, not I.

>The food industry is driven by taste, if people don't like it than they don't buy it.
if the food industry were driven by taste then cheese whiz wouldn't exist
also, the food industry is subsidized by the federal government here and finding a buyer for crops at a reasonable price is a non-issue
>[citation needed]
for what? the fact that building a bridge has different guidelines than growing a tomato?
>Yes, that's why you test it like they do.
and no videogame ever releases with bugs on launch day lol
>We didn't suddenly abandon scientific rigor
have you ever worked in a private company? lol
>nor did the EPA and FDA suddenly stop testing products for safety
GMO crops are bleeding edge technology and the FDA isn't omniscient, that's why it always needs to update its regulations and testing methodologies

A science student who doesn't understand science.

>for what? the fact that building a bridge has different guidelines than growing a tomato?
You implied that there were next to no standards which simply isn't true
forbes.com/sites/gmoanswers/2015/12/21/how-are-gmos-regulated/#541c7f596255
>GMO crops are bleeding edge technology
They are about as bleeding edge as computers are. We've experimenting with genetic engineering since the 1970's, this isn't something that is 5 years old, it's older than you probably are

I certainly understand it better than you.

>You implied that there were next to no standards which simply isn't true
I implied that there were a lack of regulations, not that regulations didn't exist. Simply having regulations in place doesn't ensure that they've met their intended purpose. Anyway, if i was wrong about anything, it's whether the FDA tests GMOs. The FDA actually doesn't test GMOs (lol), they only review the testing methodology of the manufacturer.

>“It’s the manufacturer’s responsibility to insure that the product is safe,” he said. “It’s their safety assessment. What we do when we evaluate their safety assessment is we look to make sure the safety and regulatory questions have adequately been resolved, and then we say we have no questions about your safety assessment.”
(2013, Jason Dietz, policy analyst at the FDA)

>They are about as bleeding edge as computers are. We've experimenting with genetic engineering since the 1970's, this isn't something that is 5 years old, it's older than you probably are
Computers do not affect their users' physical health (except as addictions and personality disorders, and more research is required in that respect as well). And how old it is is irrelevant. Neurology existed in some primitive way since the 19th century but no one today advocates lobotomies as respectable medical procedures.

>selective breeding
Genes that mutated randomly because of radiation or chemical exposure
>modern GMO
Genes that mutated because something was inserted/exchanged on purpose

At the end of the day it's the same process, only now we can speed it up 1000x, save time and resources by no longer having to wait and hope for the random mutation to be desirable

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide#Birth_defects_crisis

and here is an example of why scientists and their products can't always be trusted to be safe

>but user this has nothing to do with GMO
and I didn't say that. unless the GMO has been thoroughly tested and confirmed safe, then you are being a test rabbit

also why is the captcha such a fucking cunt now?

Selective breeding to make fruits as big and as pretty as possible, but with no consideration for taste.
growlikegrandad.co.uk/allotment/seems-modern-fruits-vegetables-bigger-no-nutritious.html

>GMO
They force plants to produce others molecules, draining them from the ressources usually used for their natural functions.
No idea how quantifiable that is though.

I'll tell my parents to buy from the farmer's market from now on

seeThey pick it early and green and douse it with gas (kek, replying to jew flag) to make the color turn. It has no flavor and is mostly water. ah, but it can't be helped. there's also nutrient stripping of the soil, and the petroleum derived artificial fertilizer they use instead of actual compost. Basically your produce is fed on a diet of s01lent and it's a pasty weak shadow of real produce that's fed on composted veggie scraps, chicken shit, and dead hookers.
here they just rebox the same garbage produce and pass it off as locally farmed, for a big upsell. Usually russian immigrants. Find you a mexican selling oranges from the back of a pickup truck and that'll be a damn fine orange. Even 5'0 80-IQ mexicans are more useful than russians.