Do you attend a university? Does it make you feel intellectually stimulated?

Do you attend a university? Does it make you feel intellectually stimulated?

Attached: 1463583348577.png (645x773, 93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fred.stlouisfed.org/series/SLUEM1524ZSARG
youtube.com/watch?v=Li2J4GxZ6iM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes
not really. I consciously decided against a subject I was really passionate about because I knew uni is the exact opposite of my romantic ideals of education and enlightenment

university is training for a job. If you want to be truly educated you have to accept the fate of a renaissance man and do it in your free time

Yes and no, I want to kill my self.

It makes me feel like a brainlet t b h.

Yes, also this

This. Uni makes me feel intellectually stunted.

I'm 37 going back and it's very apparent what 15 years of major league alcoholism have done to my mental abilities.

Shit

Majoring computer education and I don't want to be a fucking teacher

still better than opioid addiction right

shit dude, hope you're able to make it.

Now, you're not getting scammed like the many we hear about in our media? Like a retired/fired miner or a veteran that's been hijacked to put his savings into a shaddy school with piss poor graduation ratio?

Yes

Yeah I'm alive at least.
Oh no this is a long established and accredited institution. And thanks for the well wishes.

Also no, i was kicked out of university by a bureaucratic nightmare almost without any fault of my own. Got kicked out of DTU with a B- average across all classes, because i was behind in a math class when my institute was shut down and future classes terminated. Major reforms is happening right now, which merged with this to somehow kick me out.

No.

I already graduated.

I'm still studying by myself.

But I don't have a job.

I also like to write like this.

Inb4 Reddit spacing

What's your degree in? Is Argentina's job market not good?

why don't you have a job
what did you study?

1. Yes, SDSU.
2. Yes. The first two years were unbearable with all the GE shit but I've recently been getting into my upper division major-specific classes and they're a lot more fun.

>I also like to write like this

Might have a relation to your employment status. Not that i can conclude that with certainty, but it might be what gets you denied while another candidate is chosen. I secretly want that to be true i must say. We have a word for that, skadefro, or schadenfroh, as the English speakers might have heard is a wonderful unique German word.

Damn, rough. I'm 19 and started right out of upper secondary school.

Youth unemployment in Argentina is 25%.
fred.stlouisfed.org/series/SLUEM1524ZSARG

Not really. I learn tons of bullshit, then puke it out during the exam and forget it a week later. If you ask me what I've learned about last year I probably won't be able to tell you. Most of it has little practical use.

>tfw Staatsexamen

>Do you attend university?
Yes

>Does it make you feel intellectually stimulates?
No. I really like what I study, but I'm surrounded by idiots all the time and the professors always dumb down the content for the retarded majority.

>Do you attend a university?
For the time being.
>Does it make you feel intellectually stimulated?
Not really. Only in it for the degree at this point.

I'm about to start a Bachelor of Business majoring in Accounting in 2 weeks.

Yes

I'm dumb as fuck. Good thing CS doesn't require intelligence or otherwise i'd have dropped out in the first year

Just graduated from a exceedingly shitty school in May. I studied accounting, and it was practically lobotomizing.

>Good thing CS doesn't require intelligence or otherwise i'd have dropped out in the first year
literally me

I honestly found this two hour conversation between a mathematician, a psychologist and a journalist much more intellectually stimulating than any university activity I've endured.

youtube.com/watch?v=Li2J4GxZ6iM

I did.

Depends on the years. Khâgne was quite good on that level.

>Khâgne

Nobody knows what this means.

Google is your friend, lad.

This

I bought into the CS meme, I'm not terribly unhappy but it is a bit dull for sure.

Yes.
No. I'm either in a stupidly easy course that is entirely based on memorization from powerpoints, or I'm in a course that makes me feel like a tard because I struggle in it, but no one else does.

College in America is basically a meme at this point. Most of the students aren't "academic material", high school didn't prepare us, the professors are burnt out, and you can pass the classes purely on participation credit (you can get Ds on every test and still pass the class with a C as long as you do the homework).

I feel like I'm overpaying for knowledge I could learn for free on the internet. Unfortunately, few American companies will hire you without a degree.

>I feel like I'm overpaying for knowledge I could learn for free on the internet.

You are literally being extorted, no doubt.

I have a BSc in CS that I got like 5 years ago
27 now

can barely do basic math

Did you at least get a good job with nice career development prospects?

I know. But like I said, degrees are basically required for every job in this country outside of being a cashier at a supermarket.

What's the meme there?

Sounds like boomer talk to me. Unless you want to be a lawyer, doctor and in some special circumstances an engineer, there's no reason to seek legitimacy in the form of a degree.

Yes

Yes, but too much for a brainlet like myself. I know that even if I do eventually get my degree I won't get a job because of my dogshit gpa, but I also have too much pride to do something easier that I'd be successful in.

I feel for the Comp Sci meme, dropped after 3 years of misery and dullness.
Now my career is English since I'm already fluent at it, so I might as well use this ability of mine to become a teacher or translator.

fell*
irony

Everyone is flocking to it, there might be an oversaturation of CS majors in the coming years.

Also looking at the people who frequent those courses makes me want to reevaluate my life choices sometimes.

>Also looking at the people who frequent those courses makes me want to reevaluate my life choices sometimes.

I audited a few CS lectures before I enrolled at university and it was indeed eye-opening. I was just better than those people, as a human being in general. Needless to say, I didn't pursue it.

Being a CS major still doesn't mean shit if you can't do what you supposed to do.

Tell me what you mean if you're not trolling.

yes
no, it feels like a routine without a purposse, I sometimes even forget why I'm there

The vast majority were socially incompetent, ugly, had poor hygiene, couldn't dress, couldn't articulate themselves properly, couldn't appreciate the theoretical foundations of what they were learning, played video games in the fucking lectures on their laptops, etc. So many things irked my contempt.

And how is that related to CS?

It's populated by those kinds of people.

...which makes it easy to be "better" than them.

This is weird, I can't really relate to that. I mean yes, there are some people with poor social skills and below average appearance, but all in all I was happily surprised.

AMK?

Yes
No. It's a shitty meme degree and it was a big mistake to go to college in the first place.

>It's a shitty meme degree
tell me more about it

Yeah, but my AMK is supposedly the best one in Finland for CS and some of our courses are identical to the ones the REAL University students have here

I'm still enrolled for welfare reasons but I'm not going back. There was just nothing good happening. 0 campus or social life. People just went to classes and went home. Most people came with a group of friends so never felt the need to leave it.
The lecturer's just read the shit out and everything was just online.
So that sort of environment where you're just a number to be leeched off in a subject I was hating with no support network or teacher to talk me through shit absolutely killed any motivation

>...which makes it easy to be "better" than them.

No, it doesn't make it easier. You need to be more stringent in your logic.

Maybe you belong among them, then. I don't.

>No, it doesn't make it easier.

>The vast majority were socially incompetent, ugly, had poor hygiene, couldn't dress, ...

Ok.

You seem to forget that kind of people will be your coworkers. It's not about being better than them, it's about getting the fuck away from them.

Go farther back and try to figure out where you don't make sense.

You pointed out irrelevant things that made you feel "better" than them.

Just be better at programming and working with others than them and you will get job

political """science"""

Sorry to tell you this, but that doesn't make your AMK studies comparable to uni studies. They are fundamentally quite different. Not saying you wouldn't be well off in the job market, but bashing on the discipline kinda tells the whole story.

OH wow, you really fucked up there. Going to be some congressional aide doing all the work for a fraction of the pay or what?

>You pointed out irrelevant things that made you feel "better" than them.

No, they're not irrelevant things. They are some of the things that human worth can be measured by. If you can't articulate yourself properly, can't socialize properly, can't take care of your hygiene, etc., then you are a worse human being for it. Therefore they are deserving of my contempt.

I very likely am. But I don't wish to be a programmer. Not even to manage those kinds of people. I am more strategically minded.

I am gonna try and get a job at a welfare office

Same, but 28.

is right

It's not simply about being "better"
These are the kinds of people you'll have to share your uni projects with, and might be spending your whole career with in a few years. It's not just about superficial appearances. Imagine having to manage these autists for an extended period of time.