Drinking general

It's saturday night/sunday morning and the weekend is beer-ridden.

1. Your country
2. What are you drinking right now?

I'll start.
1. Flag
2. Neumarkter Lammsbräu Dunkel

Very strange flavour on this one.

Attached: based-Germans-2.png (1280x720, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bBa5C4GCpdU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>drinking alcohol

Attached: 12341324123.jpg (240x233, 6K)

>drinking the liquid jew
why do people do this

>not drinking alcohol

Very constructive post, dude.

Shameless bump

Red sweet wine. Done this bottle by myself, feeling fine.

Attached: IMG_20180701_044214.jpg (3120x4160, 3.2M)

Looks cool as fuck

I wish I have another one. But to sleepy to go for it... Hope you're doing well, blue-yellow friend.

>But to sleepy to go for it
Iktf all too often

>Hope you're doing well, blue-yellow friend.
You too, blueyellow buddy. I am alright atm, btw. Some beer and music.

>too sleepy

Also, I like Unicun bitter very much, have a bottle in my office and adding some in tea. Great stuff, have absinthe flavor

Flag
Red wine. Cheap and affordable.

Do you act differently drinking alone than drinking socially?

Lets Get It!

Attached: 45627222.jpg (394x565, 41K)

Much more comfortable drinking alone, having some poetic thoughts, warm feelings and almost not feeling bad after, in opposite drinking socially makes me tired and annoyed.

this 4 cans are $9 in korea

Attached: 591746731442931c008b5300-750-563.jpg (750x563, 103K)

Yeah, that's usually my feeling. Alone, gets me loose and energized enough to make things. Recently, though, I've been getting angry, shout-y, and tired for whatever reason

Do you drink alone for pleasure or purpose?

>Do you drink alone for pleasure or purpose?
Helps me with my insomnia, I am a lone person. But drinking red wine gives me a lot of pleasure, the best drink for me. A little more dizzy than beer, but makes this peaceful state of mind.

>Do you act differently drinking alone than drinking socially?
Depends on who I drink with and the circumstances.

My best friend and I used to drink and laugh and all that jazz back in the day, paired with drinking and musing thoughts and ideas from our common unusual wavelengths.
Nowadays I mostly drink alone at home, and for that I become very thoughtful and peaceful and usually end up just falling asleep when dawn comes around (if I've had enough for that to occur, that is).

Drinking with others usually just results in drinking to relax around people I don't really care for socializing with, as they are on completely different wavelengths than I am.

>Heineken

>Do you drink alone for pleasure or purpose?
Neither for me. I drink because it is there and it's just something I do. I really enjoy a good beer, and there's something about sitting down with a good dram as well. But I don't always have the intention of getting drunk or anything, that's just an added bonus to the activity if the drink in question is strong enough to take me there.

Do you feel some iron taste drinking from the can? I do. Maybe it's some kind of autosuggestion. I prefer bottled Hoegaarden. It's $2.4 for 0.75L in Eastern Ukraine.

Attached: 71669409_H0a40IYM5e_BUaS7itSVax8VpSS4U5llX4VpokKJoZI.jpg (960x1280, 198K)

Flag
Some English ales

On my last one. Tired as fuck and should've gone to bed a few hours ago really.

nikka coffey malt

>I don't always have the intention of getting drunk
Completely different for me. I drink to get drunk; wine is just my preferred route. Stronger enough, but not too strong.

>common unusual wavelengths
What do you mean? And how long have you known your friend?

Is that expensive, relatively? I pull three bottles of wine for $10 in the US

dark ale homebrew turned out well

Attached: GettyImages-813180498.jpg (845x563, 36K)

>What do you mean?
I mean that him and I share a wavelength. We're on the same page of the book. We're on the same level mentally and in our thought patterns. And by "unusual" I mean that our way of insight and reasoning is unusual compared to most others. We get each other and the things we both think of on levels I've yet to find with anyone else.

>And how long have you known your friend?
Not too long, actually. We met in 2015 via a Jow Forums meetup, and we stuck together ever since.

There has been some issues with our friendship lately though, and I'm struggling to get in contact with him to work things out. I really want to preserve what I have with him. I don't think I'll ever connect to another person like that again.
Sorry for going full personal life story on you, btw. I just needed to vent a little.

>nikka coffey malt
Gib rating pls

Sounds nice, user.

Where the hell did you get Neumarkter Lammsbräu from?
Not even people from Neumarkt drink this filth.

I hate drinking socially and stopped doing it a few years ago.

By myself I don't drink more than a few pints, but around others you feel pressured into drinking as much as they do, and then you wind up plastered and making a fool of yourself (not to mention the awful hangover the next day).

The drinking culture here is really just shit. I'd like to just drink slowly and have a chat, but the culture here is to go to some nightclub blaring music so loud that you can't even hear each other when shouting and just get wasted as your eardrums slowly rupture. What do people even get out of that?

Well yeah, I meant what your wavelength entailed. I struggle connecting with people, too.

Are meetups nice? I've never attended any, because I worried they'd feel tacky, or I'd feel out of place.

What sort of issues? Conflict and dominance bother me, personally; I always worry someone's trying to put me down, or get over on me, which makes friendships hard. But if you let your guard down, people put you down or get over on you.

No worries. I wish venting and discussing was easier on here-- strangers are nice

>I drink to get drunk
Why?

I actively avoid getting drunk. Nothing is fun at that point, especially if you're alone. You're too fucked up to use the computer, and even more passive things like watching a movie are lost on you because you can't hold your attention. The room starts to spin, so you lie down on the bed for a while, and before you know it it's the next day, you have the headache from hell, and you're left wishing you didn't drink so much last night and wondering why you even did.

I can't stand overdrinking. I always worry I'll do something really stupid, or act unnecessarily mean. Heavy drinking always carries that sinking (god, please don't let this go wrong) feeling. Plus, nausea is the worst feeling in the world.

Never been to a nightclub. My only social drinking is streaming for my super substantial 3 viewers, but even that's tiring and pointless. One of loneliness' benefits is avoiding social pressures like those.

Did some serious event make you stop, or were you just sick of it?

I rarely drink that heavily, or I space it out over 6-8 hours. It helps me write and edit, and sometimes (more genuinely) socialize. For me, it's pure utility. I can't write giddy girls sober. Far, FAR too embarrassing.

>nikka coffey malt
>Gib rating pls

very smooth, soft, and light smokiness.. 7 or 8 out of 10 imo

>Where the hell did you get Neumarkter Lammsbräu from?
My local alcoshop.

>Not even people from Neumarkt drink this filth.
Well, I didn't like it either if that makes it better.

>Are meetups nice? I've never attended any, because I worried they'd feel tacky, or I'd feel out of place.
Meetups are the very definition of hit or miss. They can be great and give you memories for life, or they can be shit and make you regret even spending the money to go there. I've been to 8 (I think I counted correctly) of them, and some were the best things I've ever done, some where horrible experiences.

>What sort of issues?
We had a falling-out that stemmed from me asking for his attendance at something very important to me, to which he did not comply, despite him once saying that he'd "never back down if a friend was in need". That I considered a betrayal, and now I haven't spoken to him for a month and a half. I tried to call him two days ago so sort things out, but he never picked up the phone. I rang twice, and then gave up with the intention to try another day. I will probably try again tomorrow.
The total silence has been very hard on me. I used to talk to him every day via chats and whatnot, and the absence of that during this time has made me feel very lonely and directionless.

>No worries. I wish venting and discussing was easier on here-- strangers are nice
There are too many shitposters who just want to bait and laff, that's why serious discussions are rare, I guess.

>Did some serious event make you stop, or were you just sick of it?
I was already sick of it really, but yeah, I ended up embarrassing myself in a serious way (not going to post about it here, sorry... this wasn't the first time making a fool of myself either, which was the main reason I was already sick of social drinking and wanted to stop) as well as probably almost killing myself from alcohol poisoning. It really wasn't even my fault; some other people kept buying me shots of vodka and shit (can't remember why) even though I already had a drink of my own, and before long I was just so fucked that I wasn't even thinking stuff like "hmm, maybe I've had enough" anymore.

>wake up at an old friend's house
>no idea how I got there
>try opening the front door to get out
>won't open
>too fucked up to even understand that it's locked
>keep trying the handle until eventually it occurs to me to look for a key
>finally get the door open and leave
>wander off in some random direction
>it's raining and I'm cold
>oh, there's a shop, let's go inside to get warm
>why won't the automatic door open
>stand there dumbfounded
>try walking past the door a few times to see if it'll open
>nothing
>dumbfounded again
>...oh yeah, it's sunday so they're shut
That's the state I was in. I spent the whole next day feeling like I was going to die.

Alright, I am intrigued. Will try to pick it up someday if I can come across it. The whisky stock in my areas are not that vast.

>some where horrible
were*
Didn't do any spellcheck here, lel.

Did he bail for good reason? "I'll never let you down" statements are tough because everyone's human, but you desperately want to believe them. Aimlessness sucks, too; getting life back on track is tough, especially with "what's the point?/what should I even do?" nagging at you.

Christ, my guy, I know that feeling. Vodka's the worst, because I can't measure it. My bottle of wine will get me just far enough without going overboard, but vodka destroys me.

I forced myself to uni with a hangover, because I didn't want to disappoint my family any further, and ended up vomiting in the bathroom, falling in the puddle, shitting myself, vomiting more, then crying for a while my gut felt like it was hemorrhaging. I thought I was actually dying when the belly-tearing-feeling kicked in.

Doing my utmost to prevent that happening ever again. Just pathetic and humiliating

fuck this

>Flag
>4 bud lights

Time to feel normal for 15 minutes.

Attached: 1528771055655.jpg (220x229, 12K)

>Did he bail for good reason?
He didn't provide me with one, even if he might have one. That's one of the things I want to dig in to when sorting things out with him; the very reason he didn't want to show up.

>"I'll never let you down" statements are tough because everyone's human, but you desperately want to believe them.
Yes, but unless there's a reason to step down, I don't see why you wouldn't look after a friend. I'd never bail if he needed me, so I can't see why he did that to me without a proper reason. I've had lots of time to think about the whole ordeal during the silent period, and I want to believe the best of him and that we can work this out, but the fact that's it's even hard to reach him just to do so is quite a downer. I don't feel like taking an almost 4 hour train ride to him just to ring his doorbell either taken he hasn't answered my calls.

>Aimlessness sucks, too; getting life back on track is tough, especially with "what's the point?/what should I even do?" nagging at you.
This. It's hard to readjust when the life you were building on crumbled and you were back to square one. All you can think of is gluing the pieces together again.

Why, Pekka?

>bud light

It get's you drunk bo. $3 at the circle k.

>I'd never bail on him if he needed me
Do you mean that? Personally, everyone who's ever told me that has let me down. I've let friends down, too. I fear people are naturally unreliable.

Do you often rely so heavily on others? I've spent the last few years keeping people at arm's length, and although nobody can let me down, I feel worse each passing year. At least 'believing' you can rely on someone feels nice

Quick user, compare sober non-normal and drunk normal

>sober normal
Thoughts running constantly, thinking about regrets, future plans.

>4 beers and snus
Mind is relaxed, can appreciate music and feel in touch with my emotions. I enjoy the moment.

5th beer coming right up

Today it's a pineapple pizza with the suspects being a hotsauce, a cocktail westchire sauce and some french's yellow mustard. The most important part, the beer, it's some tecate light, feels good being alive bros.

Attached: pizza.jpg (454x605, 89K)

>regrets, future plans
The worst is wondering how you'll get more money, and having no options. Then, after imagining you have options, wondering what you'll do with them. Comedy gold

>can appreciate music and feel in touch with my emotions
Absolutely. If I'm listening to embarrassing music and crying, everything's right with the world

Do you feel happy? Sometimes, despite everything, I feel absolutely ecstatic. Other times I don't. Nothing changes, just how I feel. I'm not sure why. Originally, I thought it was alcohol, but I can't tell

>The worst is wondering how you'll get more money, and having no options. Then, after imagining you have options, wondering what you'll do with them. Comedy gold

I don't make much but I live an insanely frugal life, have two old cars and a rent an ancient place. The only thing I worry about regarding money is making enough to attract a quality woman and avoid genetic death. Regarding having options, if you didn't have any you wouldn't be anxious, that anxiety is an evolutionary mechanism to push you.

>Do you feel happy? Sometimes, despite everything, I feel absolutely ecstatic. Other times I don't. Nothing changes, just how I feel. I'm not sure why. Originally, I thought it was alcohol, but I can't tell

Same and I don't think it's the alcohol, otherwise I would be a sad drunk. Probably the same in your case. Honestly, despite it all I generally feel OK. Sure, I have my issues but I bet my moment to moment lived experience is much better than some guy who over extended his credit to buy a bunch of toys and is on the verge of being divorce raped when the next recession hits. I got over the crippling depression and suicidal ideation a few years ago but I'm left with this absurd life of work and consumption.

>Denmark
>>be
If it wasn't for autocorrect, I would shave everything cincture,

>Do you mean that?
Yes, of course. I never gave up on him when he was hospitalized. I always tried to direct him when he was lost. I always lent him a caring ear if he needed to vent. My knife's blade would be the bane of anyone who touched him or his family (of which I am also good friends, his small siblings really seem to like me).
I guess my religion helps me with promises and honesty, which might create the contrast between him and I. He even once said to me that I should be thankful for having something like that to rely on. We've both had our problems, and I he was always a bit more absolutist and more defeatist than me.

>Personally, everyone who's ever told me that has let me down. I've let friends down, too. I fear people are naturally unreliable.
Well, that might be true. To me, it is unfathomable to let go of those who mean something, so I guess those who were let go of weren't truly important enough? I've been abandoned by many. In retrospect I've had many best friends in my life, but I was never their best friend. I just really don't want that trend to hold true this time.

>Do you often rely so heavily on others?
I don't know. Everyone I've known well I have been very attached to, but I grew very isolated when I moved to my own place. After some tough relationships with people I grew very wary of investing my time in new ones, but the yearning for a social life made me attend those meetups after years of following them in my country general, and I got some IRL friends out of doing so, so it was a winning ticket for me.
I don't feel like starting over. I feel too old and miserable to try again, and I don't want to leave what I've shared with him and the others behind. I lost my father to an organ disease and hospital mistreatment (yes, really) last year, and he was the one family member who was closest to me. I can't deal with losing both my father and my best friend. I have nothing to fall back on if I do.

Attached: 1520749045546.jpg (800x900, 57K)

>this absurd life of work and consumption

Any major goals or ends? I think part of the happy-sad cycle is accomplishment. When I'm sad, I'm worrying about everything I'm not; when I'm happy, I'm enjoying everything I am.

Sometimes I worry about getting whatever I "want," because really, I already have all I need to be happy, you know? Besides genetic death, but that doesn't worry me as much lmao. I wonder if there's anywhere to really reach. I have goals, and while achieving them feels good, they aren't inherently life-affirming. That life-affirming feeling just surprises you sometimes, with no achievement or warning, then leaves just as quickly. She's sweet, but sometimes I wish she'd stay

youtube.com/watch?v=bBa5C4GCpdU
Shameless plug for an awful video where I explore this garbage. Despite a video's finality, this stuff still bothers me long after

>my religion
>more absolutist and defeatist than me
That's rough, helping someone with a rigid put-down mindset. Religion, for me, is vague but inspiring, what you make of it, you know? Something to help you through. I've had some non-religious friends who were stuck in awful ruts. The same ruts they claimed my religion rutted me in, yet found themselves in. I don't know how to help them past it, or if you even can. I think progression requires absolute failure first.

>I've had many best friends, but I was never their best friend
FUCKING OOF. Ouchie. My pal and I from school considered ourselves "gateway friends"-- someone unpopular would befriend us for a year, before becoming popular themselves and abandoning us. I still have no idea how to handle becoming obsolete. Do I overtly prove myself, or fade into the background, or what? I don't know, but I thorougly feel you and dislike that feeling.

I wouldn't worry too much, my guy. Genuine love can overcome anything, no memes whatsoever. Arbitrarily saying "you're my friend, and we'll figure this out" is more powerful than people credit. Even if it doesn't, god (or your higher self, or external total other, or whatever) finds ways to surprise you. Coincidentally, I was listening to a song earlier, and a lyric was "take over my love; this life was worth the pain" which hit me hard. Normie trash, I know, but it meant a lot to me at the time. Suffering is purposeful, temporary, and worthwhile, you know

fuck you shitheads,
Stopping now because I'm going to have the worst headache if I don¨'t. Goodnight.

>Any major goals or ends?

I want to have a big family or find a cause to die for, they are both equally worthwhile.

>Sometimes I worry about getting whatever I "want," because really, I already have all I need to be happy, you know? Besides genetic death, but that doesn't worry me as much lmao.

I partially agree, as I need almost nothing materially to be happy. I've already achieved that basic state of ataraxia. Regarding genetic death I don't know how old you are but 30 is approaching fast more me. I was formally OK with not having children but a switch has been kicked off, it's now or never. If I get what I want, sure I might be saddled with burdens, endless work and sleepless nights but there is the possibility of finding purpose outside of myself. Sure, I will live an absurd life with no complaint but I have a biological compulsion to explore this avenue.

Regarding your video, I feel pressure to jump through said hoops but my motivation lies deeper than that. It is a deep lizard-brain biological drive to replicate myself either through my offspring or ideas and impact. I think I've largely slayed the false-self, now it's just me against the biological imperative. It's a civil war, so to speak.

That was a good monologue though, you should continue producing.

>That's rough, helping someone with a rigid put-down mindset.
I know. He's been very down lately, and I've tried to help him out of it to the best of my ability. He just seemed to reject the idea.

>Religion, for me, is vague but inspiring, what you make of it, you know?
>Something to help you through
I understand what you mean. That's how I started out. I had a vague concept that slowly shaped me and then it became integral. I learned more and improved myself so much.

>I don't know how to help them past it, or if you even can. I think progression requires absolute failure first.
You might be on to something. However, what each individual regards as "absolute failure" varies, so some are stronger than others who are weaker and find total defeat in minor things.

>FUCKING OOF. Ouchie.
Yeah, it has sucked.

>I still have no idea how to handle becoming obsolete.
If you figure it out, please do share. I personally do feel obsolete when it comes to my family. My big brother is the star of the show and my sister rides on the "only daughter" wave. I have nothing of interest to show for my mom or my siblings or relatives. That's why losing my father took me down extra hard and I invested everything in my friend as he was all I had left on my wavelength.

>I wouldn't worry too much, my guy.
I am strangely calm about it for now, as I imagine we will sort things out again, but the fact that we haven't stresses me out as well. There's a fine line to balance on, but I've made it so far.

>Suffering is purposeful, temporary, and worthwhile, you know
Yes, I know. I just don't know if I always agree with the purpose, but then again, I, a mere human, am in no control over such things.

>fuck you shitheads,
Rude

>Stopping now because I'm going to have the worst headache if I don¨'t. Goodnight.
You better, Dane. God natt.

No offense shitholes.

This is a struggle with a Mongolian honsejons to fall asleep. This is a legend for jonsehons to see a sailor hug a bird's eye in the robe, it's so magical. Hope that everyone will remember to clap their high pointer through the military because it would be a disappointment if not. I only realized 50% of what I said, honeymooners.

lmao how drunk are you?

A bit.

Love you, though. Ingen dårlig musiksmag.

haha yeah man like i feel you maan

5th beer here too

wtf is your hand

Never seen a brother or what?

Shut up, shit eating Mexican.

Gå och lägg dig, Preben. Sleep to post another day.

Might out some whisky in my coffee this morning go get my day going right.

Not my fault all food tastes like shit that i have to create ways around it for it to be good.

Attached: 1475261883568.png (658x662, 44K)

>being mudslim