Post skandi food

post skandi food

Attached: 2889843200_22c5dd9883_z.jpg (500x333, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mobil.unt.se/nyheter/uppsala/ar-svenska-kottbullar-inte-svenska-4971286.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I knew him, Horatio..

fermented shark

Attached: hakarl-drying.jpg (1200x800, 791K)

raw herring that's been soaking in brine for 6 months

Attached: index.jpg (275x183, 11K)

birds fermenting inside of a seal skin

Attached: Kiviak-an-Inuit-food-from-Greenland.jpg (620x349, 33K)

Fenalår is based af.

Attached: fenalr-2eb8b7a8-909f-4c50-9b77-e1fdf7085bc-resize-750.jpg (420x290, 22K)

This is where I NOPE.
What the fuck is their problem?

Inuits have the most fucked up diet that I'm aware of.

I can see why they're so desperate to import people who know how to cook, but they could've taken Italians instead of Somalis.

imagine the smell

Attached: 1280px-Dried_fish_in_Svolvær.jpg (1280x852, 282K)

I think any European country would be better off by adding a few thousand Mexicans.

UMA

Attached: meatballs.jpg (780x780, 111K)

>not actually swedish

Is lingonberry jam good? Never had the chance to try it.

CHI

Lol no man, I'm white. But Mexicans are the backbone of our restaurant industry, and they're great at it.

Yes. It's great on meatballs and in Tampere they put it on mustamakkara (Black sausages) where they put it on it and it's divine (though it looks like actual shit). It's also dope with some reindeer and mashed potatoes.

Definitely going to look around for it, then.
Thank you.

Just don't eat the meatballs with a ton of typical spices, I'd look up a Finnish or Swedish recipe for it. And my pleasure. Scandis and Finns do have some good food to be found.

Heavenly

What is it then if not Swedish?

why do swedes pretend meatballs are a "swedish" thing

Attached: 1530336290466.jpg (1200x900, 469K)

Turkish:

mobil.unt.se/nyheter/uppsala/ar-svenska-kottbullar-inte-svenska-4971286.aspx

So why are Swedish meatballs so famous? I like them but they're not really unique. Why are they a meme?

marketing

Since when are eskimos scandinavian? They're on the other side of the fucking planet. American education wew. Iceland isn't Scandinavian either.

After the battle of Poltava in the great northern war, Karl XII had to retreat into allied ottoman territory. There, he and his soldiers were given a 5 star hotel experience. They got free food and stuff until the locals started complaining too much about Swedes getting gibs so the sultan had to ask them to go home. The Swedes brought meatballs with them when they returned to Sweden. It has been a big part of Swedish cuisine since then. Saying that meatballs aren't Swedish is like saying Pizzas aren't Italian. Pizza comes from Greece.

Attached: 0.jpg (480x360, 18K)

>Since when are eskimos scandinavian? They're on the other side of the fucking planet. American education wew
I believe he was referring to Greenland.

>mfw used to have a folder of delicious Nordic food images
>deleted it
why did I do it