Are Japan, South Korea...

Are Japan, South Korea, and Singapore actually as civilized and have as high a quality of life as white western countries or are they shitholes?

Attached: japan-town-4-s-stanley.jpg (1000x667, 349K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampoong_Department_Store_collapse
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Japan is civilized

That's already outdated because of Chinks.

why is it always my flag?

ha

Western countries are shitholes

Can't speak for Singapore as I've never been but Korea was surprisingly shitty feeling, I honestly had a very warped idea of what the country was until I went there. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad place at all and I enjoyed the time there, but it's not exactly as "rich" feeling or modern as I expected, it felt like the shittier cities of America but in Asia.

Japan was neat, it was closer to what I expected but some areas were a lot dirtier and run down feeling than I had expected, you never see that much in a lot of the photos of Tokyo but there were parts that weren't so nice. On the flip side, people were a lot nicer than I was expecting, never had any white piggu go home or anything.

imagine America without black neighborhoods or Europe without Muslim neighborhoods

>"麺や大ちゃん"
>KHU VU'C

where is this place?
Thailand?

Yes, outside of a few Seoul districts South Korea still feels distinctly Chinese and developing.
It has all the high rises and K-Pop and Samsung but that's not really what Korea is like at all.
Especially once you get to those street markets and wholesale garment department stores you will realize it's still a developing Asian country.

IMO Japan is the only Asian country that is thoroughly "first world".

>have as high a quality of life
depends in what way youre asking. if you mean work life balance then absolutely not, if everything else then yes

Japan is shithole

Attached: 083E3149-2124-41B0-9DB7-2B820AEE529E.jpg (1000x701, 160K)

that's rural comfiness

Japan is very high quality. Singapore as well, for the most part. Korea? Lolno. That's a fucking shithole.

That's how their homeless dwell in city parks and under bridges etc.

Actually not, no.

yes

hell joseon
tengoku nihon

>That's how their homeless dwell in city parks and under bridges etc.

kek

>Actually not, no.

Actually, yes. It's a notorious problems with like five full-length documentaries about it on YouTube.

they are shitholes.

Attached: 9AE53F6A-A0D1-4230-B444-29913FDCFD0B.jpg (640x480, 76K)

>documentaries about it on YouTube.

this lol

If they're homeless, why do they have a home?

>documentaries about it on YouTube

wow

weebshits, loo at this Japan is full of homeless people. You'll see them everywhere if you actually go there.

Nobody is denying this.
But what's your point?

They have a roof over their head and are settled down.
Doesn't look all that homeless to me.

this is nice, much better than living in cyber cafe, or rental coffins

still retarded though
actually they can live in a municipal commieblock like the left one on the pic if they apply for welfare and yet they live like that out of muh freedumb or muh feeling

You said it's rural, it's obviously not rural.

bump

The truth is they are usually okay until you start to seriously get a grip on the language and culture, which results in a surge of stress and sometimes paranoia.

To live long-term in much of the Far East especially Japan and South Korea you have to maintain a sense of separation and distance from the local society, otherwise you will begin to feel the same unpleasant social aspects that locals do.

The most difficult thing to adjust to isn’t the work culture per se or overcoming misunderstandings like you read about in guide books, it’s simply the nature and behavior of the people around you and the effect this has on peoples’ mental health

You can “understand” it all you want and it doesn’t help, in fact the more you understand it the more conscious you will usually be of it which makes it worse

You have to make a very strong mental effort to basically seperate yourself from others, this sounds weird but you will know what I mean If you stay here long enough

If you’re just here for like a year or two to make some cash and spawn some Elliots and will basically have no real engagement with the culture this is irrelevant to you. You’ll probably be fine and have a great time

Better

Thumbnails looks like some futuristic FPS

Singapore is a shit country, very third world.

pretty developed desu, Australian homeless is such a fucked shitshow

i agree with you two that seoul is the only real moden feeling city but i loved my half year in a tiny town. this may be because im korean as well but it was like the american stereotype of southern hospitality, i got to know the people who worked at the bakery and theyd slip me a free bread when i stopped by and little things like that

>Material affluence yes
>Life quality no

Vietnam

Not even Japan

Frankly, Western countries were much more shitted than expected. The service is unfriendly, the internet is slow and black heaven, and the streets are very dirty.

Can you imagine something of this scale happening in a western country, 502 people killed when a department store collapsed in 1995 in south korea
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sampoong_Department_Store_collapse

Attached: Sampoong Department Store collapse.jpg (800x548, 105K)

1995 korea was developing country.
We became an first world in 21st century.

>korean lyft driver
>I joked that it's probably nicer in korea than here
>he profusely agreed
The US is 3rd world outside of a handful of locations. But hey, even the shittiest country in the world has some wealthy areas...
Plenty, and I mean plenty, of places in the US look like that or worse. Appalachian poverty zone for instance.

Still nicer than our tent cities.
There will be homeless in any large city. What depends is, are they dangerous? Are they on drugs? Are they mentally deranged and a threat and menace? Do they shit all over? Do they bother people?
Yes to all of them for US.
Did they hire chinese contractors for that? And we just had that bridge near miami university or wherever...

ive been to singapore, its one of the most cleanest well kept nation in existance. Japan can't compete and China is a joke. Even the USA can't compete.

the problem of south korea is older people still act somewhat like third-worlders, while the youth and younger generations generally have a first-worlder mind. this is why third-world-ish accidents that involve unbelievable irresponsibility and incompetence like the sinking of sewol, acts like trying to milk tourists, and hygiene issues (especially in some restaurants) are still seen to some extent there. the same goes for korean tourists in japan. younger people are very civilized, while some older people act like the chinese to a lesser extent.

Singapore is literally just a single city.

>your mind on American Education

I definitely agree about Japan being the only country that's thoroughly first world, especially when it comes to the people and their mentality. On the other hand, many people have this misconception about Japan being a high-tech paradise. Korea and China have way more of these ultra high-tech and modern developments (because they developed very recently, duh), while in Japan it's quite obvious that their growth stalled in the 1990s.

It all depends on how you view "first world" and what you expect from it — if your motivation for going to Asian countries is to experience this ultra-modern lifestyle and atmosphere, then many neighbourhoods in Seoul would do a way better job than most of Tokyo.

Why do people walk with sandals?!

I honestly admit this. Older generations really have a mindset in the third world.

>but there were parts that weren't so nice
The northeast side of Tokyo, around Gyotoku station, is a shithole. The north side too, beyond the Arakawa river. But I can't said anything bad about the rest of the city.

japan has pretty high quality of life but that only works because it's mostly the same culture and expects immigrants to assimilate (being mostly an ethnostate could also be an influence)
low illegal immigration
careful legal immigration
entitlements/welfare state kept at a relative minimum compared to the west
taxes are bit high but aren't too crazy
relatively moderate political culture (centre-right and centre-left, some radicals here and there)
too much leftist influence would ruin the country

Correct, multicultural states just don't work.

>all those high population density countries
>high quality of life
Those cunts don't get shot but quality of life is not great
You'd rather have a farm, live on few dollars a day but live a happy and nice life but in those country, you earn a lot, is able to buy expensive stuff but lives according to Confucianism and live like a robot
It's same for west nowadays so I'd say there just isn't any high quality of life country anymore

What are those negative feelings of the locals?

Zitto animal

Japan felt way more civilized than white western countries. even the countryside. Never seen anything like Japan and probably won't see.

In Korea I've only been to seoul, it was modern and develpoed, felt like the young people have a completely different mindset than the older generation. Overall I'de say it's on the same level with the west. Don't know about other parts of the country.

Pic related, it's a toilet in a Japanese arcade. the more you pee the more the wind blows to het skirt. at the end you get on the screen the amount of pee that came out of you.

Attached: IMG_3717.jpg (2448x3264, 2.3M)

>Japan felt way more civilized than white western countries
>Pic related, it's a toilet in a Japanese arcade. the more you pee the more the wind blows to het skirt.

cus muricans be murcans .. always!.

>Sega

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

It's too civilized for us to understand.

Attached: 1458671170527.jpg (640x480, 44K)

>white piggu go home
HAHAHA

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab.jpg (258x245, 12K)

Japan yes. Gooks and chink live in commieblocks.

It's Jewish corruption.

For your kind it's "civilized" enough.

Is this the Gyotoku station you're talking about? Looks pretty normal to me. I was also surprised when everyone said Adachi was an absolute shithole but looking at it it looks normal (save for the old-ass run down houses) too.

Attached: gyo.png (2419x1306, 3.6M)

South Korea is a dystopian shithole, retarded work culture where you are completely disposable, no wonder the suicide rate is so high and people use starcraft and kpop as escapism. Also that political scandal they had a while back was enlightening, any country where the genetic stock allows something like North Korea to exist is a massive shithole. Reading Korean history it becomes apparent the society has genetically divergent into a peasant and ruling caste.

So in 20 years you're telling me China might become a giant Korea? It would be lovely to visit without the spitting, shouting, squatting, smoking, and street shitting.

South Korea is a dystopian shithole, retarded work culture where you are completely disposable, no wonder the suicide rate is so high
Can't you say that most of it is also true for Japan?

China's take on urbanism is shit so sadly they'll never really look comfy like south korea. But even sk is tearing down lots of old comfy neighborhoods for massive highrise commieblocks so who knows.

Yes but Korea takes it to the next level, the population is also genetically damaged from totalitarianism(the natural ruling status of Korea) the fact you can have a society like North Korea exist into the year 2018 without some sort of revolt or revolution means there is some sort of genetic defect in the Korean population that makes them a slave people

>western countries
>not shitholes

I mean it sort of depends on how the breakdown of new income/wealth in china gets distributed. If 99% of the population are still making shitty farmer/factory wages then their economy then they'll be like they are now but their cities will be nicer. However, if the average person in China starts to consume more, then you could see country wide improvements to 1st world country levels.

Korea's lucky in that modernizing one city means that ~50% of your citizens can transition from a 3rd world/developing country into a 1st world country.

south korea unironically is worse than north korea though

lol I hope you're pretending to be retarded ironically

North Korea is based you retarded leaf.

it's shit for Japanese big city standards.
Same with Nishinari-ku in Osaka. Every Jap will tell you how dangerous and shit it is.
For a whitey it's still a walk in the park and comfy life.

Pro tip: don't waste your time visiting capital cities in western Europe. They are basically giant tourist traps and generally are unlike the rest of the country. That's my experience thus far, at least. Rome is pretty nice though if you can deal with all the niggers trying to sell you junk.

True fact. Even Paris is shitty. If someone wanted to visite France just go to Bordeaux : It's Paris 2.0

Paris is quite fantastic.
Overcrowded yes but still fantastic.
It's Paris after all.

Everyone knows kubrick faked 9/11 faggot

Not for a native sry bro

*Not for a jealous non-Parisian

Why live in Paris ? To live in a 10m2 for over 450 000 euro. Keep talking, i know my country and Paris sucks

>uuuh le Paris le sucks le expensive le small apartment

jealous froggies every. single. time.

Attached: 1520203032273.png (666x666, 163K)

Japan is a third world shithole outside of Tokyo

When till we start seeing commieblocks """outside""" paris?

Steampunk 2077 screenshot.

I like high-rises and beijing's design is god tier. Fuck comfy, I want /tall/.
iirc the wealth distribution is pretty widespread, china has a huge new middle class now.
>Osaka and Kyoto are third world shitholes
>says a poster from a literal third world shithole

>japan
Yes, it is a first world country
>Singapore
Borderline, yes if you have money
>Korea
No. Seoul almost seems civilised till you have been there a while, anywhere outside no
T. Worked in each country for at least 3 years. Note that they are all a lot better than neighbouring countries

>Japan felt way more civilized than white western countries.

this