What's their secret? Why are they so much more prosperous than other post communist countries? Is it superiour genetics?

What's their secret? Why are they so much more prosperous than other post communist countries? Is it superiour genetics?

Attached: Flag-Pins-Estonia-Czech-Republic_600x600.jpg (400x320, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_Finns
google.pl/maps/@52.917248,22.5290588,3a,75y,332.05h,87.95t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPb4Ep8ONx1JjOFOpcFnsXg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
google.pl/maps/@50.2425568,19.0816812,3a,75y,242.39h,88.48t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1srPxiiTt8nttBDX1LD2HXJQ!2e0!6s//geo0.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=rPxiiTt8nttBDX1LD2HXJQ&output=thumbnail&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&thumb=2&w=203&h=100&yaw=184.14333&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ekh KHM KHM KHM

They're not prosperous if I can't recognise their flag

Fuck off theyre full

No one cares about you, fuck off

LT is arguably more successful than Estonia these days. Slovenia is the best country in Europe though.

Dumb beaver

we're roughly similar to the Baltic states in pop size, climate, language group and history, only we're better in every way

Estonia has higher wages, higher HDI and higher GDP, all despite having half the population of Lithuania and more Russians
You're in an advantageous position next to Austria and Italy, you just lucked out that they keep pumping money into you. Meanwhile Czechia and Estonia are surrounded by literal shitholes

>Germany + Austria
>Finland, Sweden not too far away

they're just the same

they are literally the same level as any other ex-communist country around

Except that they have higher wages than Poland, less people emigrating abroad and more developed industries? They're better than Lithuania too for that matter

>LT is arguably more successful than Estonia these days.
wtf are you talking about no it not

Being 10% richer is not "so much richer", it's "slightly richer"

>better in every way
>slavic
what did he mean by this?

what the fuck are you talking about?

>Except that they have higher wages than Poland,

and higher prices

> less people emigrating abroad

it's just culture, for example, very few Russians emigrate abroad (and they never really did it) but it doesn't mean that they live well, just some nations are migrant-nations (Irish, Italians, Poles, Romanians) and some are not (Czechs, Russians).

They are gifted

Attached: eesti-russia relations.jpg (731x784, 82K)

>migrant-nations
funny way of spelling cancer

Said a member of a nation that migrated en masse to clean Swedish toilets in the 50s/60s

You have a strange definition of "en masse"

Fuck off Pekka

The meme was more about working at Volvo and Saab factories because they had skills and were hard working.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden_Finns

>Helped by the Nordic Passport Union, Finnish immigration to Sweden was considerable during the 1950s and 1960s.
>The Finnish immigrants who moved to Sweden in the 1950s and 1960s were sometimes despised as being a very "low-class" people, as portrayed in the Swedish book and movie Svinalängorna. In 2009, Maria Wetterstrand, Swedish politician and then leader of the Green Party, wrote a Swedish article in Dagens Nyheter about this, and demanded that Sweden ought to give Finland an official apology. Matti Vanhanen, then Prime Minister of Finland, responded in 2011 that an apology was not needed.[

You were exactly the same "cancer", "shit" and lower class subhumans like you call Eastern Europeans now. Swedes despised you, so now you try to get rid of your inferiority complex by offending Eastern Europeans.

>The meme was more about working at Volvo and Saab factories because they had skills and were hard working.

So that's exactly what Eastern Europeans do in German car factories. And Eastern Europeans are considered hard working and skilful workers in the west.

Just stop thinking you were any better than we are. You just were lucky enough because you could start your migration for better life just after WW2, while we had to wait until the USSR collapsed.

I assume you do the same with Ukrainians.

cultural differences betwenn finland and sweden are much much lower than between poland and UK, Norway and Iceland

yeah, for some reason polacks are very proud that finally someone is emigrating to poland too

polacks are arrogant and looking down to them

Sure, that's how it works everywhere. Americans complained about Irish people stealing their jobs, Irish people complain about Poles stealing their jobs, Poles complain about Ukrainians stealing their jobs.

>cultural differences betwenn finland and sweden are much much lower

Yeah, now they are. In the 1950s they weren't. Ethnic Finns were mostly rural peasants with mongoloid look and spoke only their moon language. They were to Swedes what Chukchas were to Russians before they were assimilated and learnt Russian.

Eesti are not too nationalist, have finnbros, innovate.
Czechs used to be Germany, they are underperforming, but not as badly as Hungary.
Poles are doing ok, but they need to jump on euro and high industry. Cheap export will fail for them eventually.
Slovenes are lucky cunts but also nice folk.

I will move to Czechia one day

Give me your house in Croatia when you're moving out.

>cultural differences

There is no significant cultural differences between Irish and British, yet Britons treated Irish like shit for centuries. They still do so, though.

Even using the higher Sweden number it only about 1m emigrants or less than 20% of finlands population

Attached: _20180701_142152.jpg (720x1000, 92K)

Finns were called asians in the U.S. also

>no significant cultural differences between Irish and British
Bullshit the Opinion

>only about 1m emigrants or less than 20% of finlands population

>only

1/5 of your country moved to Sweden for better life and you say it's "only"?

>very few Russians emigrate abroad
Then why are our schools full of them?

Gdp per capita adjusted by prices is slightly higher in lithuania

Name one except for religion

It's not immigration I was talking about, obviously. I meant low-skilled people emigrating for better life. Russians in Czechia usually study just for the "EU diploma" because they believe it will help them to get a better job in Russia (it won't) + Prague is a nice city to live in for some months, they don't stay in Czechia forever

>migrant-nations
Bullshit. Russians don't emigrate because they need visas. Ukrainians used to not emigrate for the exact same reason. When we and other countries started handing them working-visas en masse because we need workers, they started migrating here as well.

This has nothing to do with culture, but with how easy it is to emigrate and what the conditions are like in your homecountry.

>Russians don't emigrate because they need visas

What did they need in 19th century what Poles did not need? Because there are WAY more Poles in the USA than Russians for some reason and this is mostly 19th-century immigration.

>When we and other countries started handing them working-visas en masse because we need workers, they started migrating here as well.

In the 1990s Poles needed visas to western Europe and the USA yet they moved there. Russians didn't.

UK has a few population of the Czech immigrants, and a lot of Poles working there at the same time. Both nations have a right to work in EU. Why so?

In the 19th century Poland ceased existing and Poland was partitioned between two nations that tried suppressing the Polish language and culture and one nation that didn't give a fuck about it. Poles from the part of Poland that became a part of Germany migrated to the Ruhrpott in Western Germany because it was easy for them to go there and because assimilating and becoming German instead of being Polish was seen as advantageous. Many Poles who didn't want to live under the occupiers chose to go to America.
Because Czechia is a wealthier country with better conditions, so people don't want to leave it, unlike Poland.

Lithuania has a higher GDP and per capita GDP than Estonia.

Estonia has a slightly higher HDI ranking, yes.

>Because there are WAY more Poles in the USA than Russians for some reason and this is mostly 19th-century immigration.
>for some reason
Are you mentally challenged by any chance?

The number is a bit fucked because it includes forest finns who have been there forever, but even so it does pale in comparison to pooles

Attached: _20180701_142231.jpg (720x1079, 86K)

Tell the immigration office I said okay

Russia indeed has pretty small emigration. Its lower than UK's rate actually (that study takes in account 90s too, searly emigration but sum of it devided by current population in country) Russia up until recently was ome of the richest slavic countries. Its current gdp per capita is at polish lvl. Also they have several norway tier rich republics in siberia so people who need money go there. I have noticed how low i heard about russian emigration compared to its size.

>Russia
>not a migrant nation

Negře, prosím

>Meanwhile Czechia and Estonia are surrounded by literal shitholes

Are you retarded? Czechia is bordering Germany and Austria and Finland is like short ferry ride away from Estonia.

Also actual individual consumption here is higher than in Estonia despite our lower wages, because literally everything there is more expensive.

Attached: brainlet.jpg (645x729, 49K)

>Many Poles who didn't want to live under the occupiers chose to go to America.

What a bullshit, the vast majority of Polish immigrants in the USA were peasants and they didn't give a fuck if they were ruled by some imaginary "Russians" because they never saw any Russian in their village of Kozia Wólka, they only knew that there is some "tzar" far, far away and that's all, but it wasn't a reason for them to immigrate to the USA.

I've read several diaries of Polish immigrants in the USA and no one mentions any political reasons. It was pure economic decision.

Nope, I don't see any reasons why there were more Polish PEASANTS moving to the USA than Russian peasants. They had pretty much the same political rights (or lack of them) and economic conditions.

>wants to live in D*lmatia

aj u pravu si, necu da zivim sa crnim dalmatincima, mislio sam da zivis negde oko Knina

ah yes the troubles are still happening are they? mong

Knin is also Dalmatia

Btw, the only "political" migrant in my family was a brother of my grandfather, who moved to work to France to avoid conscription in already independent Poland in the 1930s.

Peasants didn't care about who ruled them, as long as the government didn't oppress them too much, didn't impose too high taxes and didn't take them to the army, it could be Russian, Polish or German government, no one gave a fuck.

Up until recently all slav countries were dirt poor. While Russian immigration might be low compared to their whole population, there is still a fuckton of Russians spread all around the world.

But this is different Dalmatia, without so much of Shitalian influence and with cozy Balkan-Turkish flavour.

>Also they have several norway tier rich republics in siberia so people who need money go there.

Bullshit. Those who need money come to Moscow, that it.

Quite a number of Australians with Horvat family ties (or even those who married into it) have gone back to hrvatska.

t. met this community in Split

>d*aspora

It doesn't pale. About 5m Finns live in Finland and 5m Finns live abroad. About 38m Poles live in Poland, and 20m or less live abroad. As a percentage of the population, more Finns emigrated than Poles.

>less people emigrating abroad
That's not entirely true, at least not in the case of Estonia. Doesn't mean that they aren't wealthier than us, but a lot of their people still move abroad, especially to Finland.

Attached: 1521749158325.jpg (1260x1260, 352K)

Irish are butthurt celts
Brits enjoyed sucking Roman dick and inherited the land after Rom collapsed

Romans did manage to bring civilization neither to Irish nor Scotts

It's like Eestii and Suomi while Suomi is more advanced

>Because Czechia is a wealthier country
Despite 1968 by Ruskies?

Why so?

Good question. Bohemia has historically always been a very prosperous state in Europe. And today they implemented better economic policies and don't have as much corruption, I suppose.

Czeczenia was a developed german land before and during communism, and did not had martial law.

Low it is merely a Poland-tier country.

Estonia is Poland tier as well.

Only true better-off country is Slovenia, but that's only because of them being englulfed by the much richer countries.

Secret is to hate god, germans and russians alike

>Estonia is Poland tier as well
Yeah, except that people there have more money to spend, have less environmental pollution and higher development

>more money to spend
not at all
>have less environmental pollution
it depends if you live in a shithole they call silesia then you're right. I live in a civilized place with no pollution.
>higher development
same tier.

They didn't sell their countries to Vatican.

>Estonia
>higher wages
Not really, considering it's more expensive to live than Poland. Also emigration in Estonia is low because they commute to work in Finland. Similar situation as Russians from Kaliningrad who work in Poland. As of Czechia, I can't tell why, maybe it's because they had more industry inherited from Germany and Austria.

Slovenia was in a different situation, being a part of Yugoslavia was better than a member of Warsaw Pact/Comecon. And yes, it definitely is the most developed postcommunist country, but I guess the small size also helped them.

>Only true better-off country is Slovenia, but that's only because of them being englulfed by the much richer countries.
Might I remind you, that Slovenians won their independance (and resulting prosperity) in a war?

also

Attached: errw.png (902x656, 187K)

Why do you hate the diaspora ?

They didn't have a war, they had "war" and slovenia was for centuries much better developed than eg. Serbia, because that was basically south austria for centuries. West Slovenia was part of Italy.

>Despite 1968 by Ruskies?

What does "despite" mean? 1968 wasn't any war or anything, literally several people were killed and pretty much nothing was destroyed and from the economic point of view it turned out to be actually a positive thing for Czechs, because the next commie leader had to take more relaxed approach to economy.

>10 days of throwing stones at Serbian tanks
>war

>10 days of throwing stones at Serbian tanks

Well, I can admit it must look like a big achievement for Czechs, because they never tried even something like that.

>Silesia
>shithole
>calling any other part of Poland civilised

Yeah enjoy your Poland B with no pollution, no jobs, no development and no perspectives.
And I'm not a hanys fyi

Attached: O2n7XzV.gif (248x225, 203K)

Poland B has great perspectives because the PiS government builds infrastructure there and more and more investments flow to eastern Poland

TBQH I'd rather live in a safe and prosperous Poland B, with a decent standards of living, low crime and civilized inhabitants, rather than live in Silesia with a destroyed and depressing enviroment, pollution, crime etc.

I live in a Baltic seashore though and I'd rather never move to any place ever, because it's fucking nice out there.

>Similar situation as Russians from Kaliningrad who work in Poland.

they don't, they only do the shopping here (now even this is kinda rare because we cancelled the local border traffic)

>piss
>infrastructure

More MOPS to hand out benefits right?

Attached: upI5qI6.jpg (480x720, 25K)

Also ahahaha you escaped yourself from Silesia to clean british toilets, you white nigger.

Typical for low life scum Sebas, who most of them are actually from silesia.

>Poland B
>decent standarts of living
XDDDDDDD
And you're making it sound as if Silesia had more crime or less civilized inhabitants than your shithole

They had a war in which people died and an the end they got independence. Unlike Poland or Czechoslovakia, which did got independance for free, because Russians could no longer afford occupation there and went home.

>And you're making it sound as if Silesia had more crime or less civilized inhabitants than your shithole

Keep deluding yourself that your german shithole with nothing but misery has anything better. And NO CRIME XDDDD (especially considering that Katowice and Bytom are two most dangerous cities in Poland) and if you have your chance of having your bike stolen the highest chance is in Katowice.

>They had a war in which people died

I'm sure more people died in road accidents during this weekend here than in the Slovene "war".

By this logic, Balts also had "war for independence" in 1991, because some people died in clashes with the Soviet police and army, yet no one calls it like that.

>They had a war in which people died
yeah both of them.

Fuck off we're full

>german shithole
Historically Małopolska, nowadays it's in the Silesian voivodeship, so nope
>muh Katowice and Bytom
Shitholes no one cares about, still better than whatever shithole you're from though

Not sure about Czechia but the Estonia is next to finland, estonia is our lilbro and is under our infulence in economicwise. Co-operation would be even closer if they never joined NATO

Nope, I meant highways and railways

so azerbaijan is the richest post commie country lol

poles and their ppp maps top kek

whats next? world cup ppp???

>Historically Małopolska
SOSNOWIEC BOY XD

>Shitholes no one cares about
actually you care about, also Katowice is the only single prosperous city in this shithole.

I am from Eastern and I'm always dhocked how shitty Western Poland is while travelling there. These people still live in 100-year-old German houses because they weren't able to build anything newer and better, I wouldn't be surprised if they still didn't have toilets there

You sure are butthurt about the only part of Poland outside of the capital that matters
Well, success does breed jealousy I suppose

>so azerbaijan is the richest post commie country lol

It's an oil-based economy so why not?

>whats next? world cup ppp???

What makes you so butthurt of ppp? The fact that you can't afford the same amount of products for you average pay, or because of something else?

BTW nominal figures are basically the same.

>You sure are butthurt about the only part of Poland outside of the capital that matters

Yes, it matters so much we all pay taxes to finance your benefits.

This is my poor town in eastern Poland:

google.pl/maps/@52.917248,22.5290588,3a,75y,332.05h,87.95t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPb4Ep8ONx1JjOFOpcFnsXg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

this is a rich town in Silesia:

google.pl/maps/@50.2425568,19.0816812,3a,75y,242.39h,88.48t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1srPxiiTt8nttBDX1LD2HXJQ!2e0!6s//geo0.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=rPxiiTt8nttBDX1LD2HXJQ&output=thumbnail&cb_client=maps_sv.tactile.gps&thumb=2&w=203&h=100&yaw=184.14333&pitch=0&thumbfov=100!7i13312!8i6656

oh how much I envy these rich Silesians