Your country's population

>Your country's population
>How many reservists can your country activate during war

>5 514 997 Finns
>900 000 reservists

sources

stat.fi/til/vamuu/2018/05/vamuu_2018_05_2018-06-21_tie_001_en.html

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/finland/11621512/Finland-tells-900000-reservists-their-roles-in-the-event-of-war.html

Attached: PEVIESTOS-Ampuma-ja-harjoitusalueet-564x328-Oscar-Lindell-20160418.jpg (564x328, 187K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wsIzUap33V4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Armed_Forces
youtube.com/watch?v=oZdx8qERS9o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In the Netherlands when you become 17 you get a letter that every person from 17 until 45, men and women, can be drafted whenever the government wants it.

>44 786 262
>51 309

Cool. They all had at least 6 months of military training?

We did during the cold war. But after the cold war, since 1997, they stopped doing that. It's officially postponed, until the government calls upon people again.

The last time we used a draft for war was before WW2. And in our war against Indonesia after WW2.

Ours is weird, we have a higher budget than Russia, yet we only have like 300,000 troops all together in all branches

Wonder where that money goes

During the cold war everyone received 1 year training.
But I guess our government doesn't think the Russians will push through Germany anytime soon now.

and our forces have what, twice Finland's budget?

I REALLY wonder where the money goes.

SAAB

Modern equipment is expensive as fuck, especially navy and air force in which the UK is top tier
Also soldiers themselves are expensive, government pays them tons of benefits and all of the healthcare in first world nations

1st world army vs a bunch of finns riding soviet shitboxes and hunting with their 40yo rifles to get food

lol, I was in the Army, had to pay for my own boot polish during training

That would be illegal, so no

Wtf
I was in the army too, they pay for essentialy everything

The Netherlands has 40k troops and 6k active reserve.
With pretty much double the defense spendings of Sweden. (9 billion euro vs 5 million euro).

I had to pay £50 when I arrived for padlocks, polish, bungee cords, etc

And the food was taken out of my paycheque, like £5 a day

Attached: 1502413888731.jpg (702x672, 68K)

123,000,000 Mexicans
280,000 active personnel
82,000 resevists

We are a "neutral" country.

>million
billion

And our troops are still underfunded. Our government claims to be working towards the 2% nato norm. But we're not really seeing it yet.

and where does your money go?

I literally see zero (0) military activity in Sweden nowadays except for a few planes buzzing around since I live near where SAAB Aeronautics do their tests

Yeah food wasn't free either (but very cheap)
But all necessary equipment was provided and when it broke you could get new stuff for free
Still most professional soldiers (i only did voluntary service) buy their own gear

>russia talking about shitty equipment
Also we have like 5 ARs for every soldier so yeah totally hunting rifles. We also manufacture most of our own small arms and our guns are known for their high quality.

Also going to spend 10 mrd on pic related + we have cruise missiles pointed at st. petersburg.

Attached: f-35.jpg (1440x810, 72K)

Well, our army is underfunded. Has no tanks. And lacks equipment.
Our air force can't even keep its own planes running. Despite that we're getting the F-35.

So, it probably goes to the navy I guess?

A lot of it goes to your navy. It's the only thing that's better than ours.

>But all necessary equipment was provided and when it broke you could get new stuff for free

Oh yeah, if you lost it, you payed for it

Had a guy lose his helmet and had £200 taken out of his pay

Also some other guy fell asleep during stag and got pay deducted

Of course when you lose it you have to pay, but not when it gets damaged during exercises or such
For example when your boots are worn you get a new pair free
Obviously harder ro break or wear out a helmet lol

> 145 000 000
> 20 000 000
our laws regarding military stuff are somewhat tough

This. Tiny petersburgians see bad dream; Finland is strong empire

Your navy is huge but that alone doesn't explain it desu

I believe the % quota for government budget is universal within EU

Attached: sweden vs finland military.jpg (904x3529, 400K)

God I hated the Army

Attached: 1507341723777.jpg (288x252, 24K)

50% goes to the forces. 50% to the black hole that is the back office.

Attached: uitgaven-2018_v2-1.jpg (830x1283, 112K)

>It's the only thing that's better than ours.
Our navy is so fucking pathetic that it's not surprising that even the Swedes are ahead of us.

I loved it
Unfortunately I was dumb and chose to go to the medics so I only saw proper training during boot camp

electronic warfare here, nearly 2 years training and I spent my days sweeping up hangars

why not just free sweden?

Our navy's mission is to mine the gulf of finland, thats it.

It's because you don't need a lot of ships to defend. Coastal artillery will do just fine. Also we will just mine the sea if it comes down to that.

>32 546 363
>386 000

Same here.
As soon as you are 17 you have to get signed up in the army as a reservist before you are 18. Otherwise, you will have to pay a penalty fee of 565 dollars, probably more.

27,000,000 Australians
56,000 active personnel
21,000 reserve personnel
2,350 deployed

On a budget of... 34 Billion. (21 billion euros)
I do wonder where it goes. Our navy/air force aren't particularly modern or huge as far as i know.

Attached: aacap_460x306px.jpg (460x299, 30K)

Can you show me an example of this letter, please?

>abbos in military

Attached: 13.jpg (831x571, 113K)

If you refuse to fight for religious reasons, they used to put you on a non-combat role here.
If you refused entirely, you went to prison.

>32 546 363
Didn't realize how huge Peru is

You sold all your tanks\IFVs to the Pekkas and Estonians.

70 million or so
Wikipedia will say 100k, in real life only 10 000 since the army is poor as shit.

Taken from Wikipedia:
176,500 standing forces and 445,000 reservists, probably including all kind of service (combatant, combat service support as wikipedia translates it and whatever you call the office workers that pretend to be military), with 1,226,903 men and 1,192,319 women between the ages of 17 and 49 being 'fit to serve the military' of the general population, so presumably if shit goes down even harder hard the country could mobilize these too to some extent.
Not very big numbers, but not bad for a population of 9 million of which almost a third are completely exempt.

He's the best petroleum operator in the damn regiment

North Korea, Iran and Pakistan got their nuclear tech due to us.
Russia is our "enemy" so we arm the countries next to them.

The best defense is letting someone else do the fighting lol.

>Israel population
About 8.5 million

>Reservists
About 500,000

>Reservists in case of total war
About half the population

You sir obviously should have some additional geography classes

Reserve is a volunteer thing here, you can join and do viral videos with local hillbillies

Attached: Reserva.jpg (800x690, 117K)

so that's how it works ? I always thought you had a militia thing like Switzerland since i kept seeing Facebook posts of israelis fucking around with ARs in public

Attached: 4427-full.png (137x103, 32K)

alot.

Attached: download.jpg (251x201, 6K)

afaik all Israelis have to do like 2 or 3 years of service when they're done with school

>US army reserve - 190k

Finland has more

For some reason we have a lot of racism in in public sector institutions
being abo means u get into what ever u want with really easy standards

Attached: 5325435345.png (630x517, 525K)

The reason you see M16s in public is because all combatants take these rifles with them home when they leave for the weekend they get off, as to be able to intervene in case of a terrorist attack.
All Israeli men have mandatory service of 2 years and 8 months (reduced from 3 years from last year) and 2 years for women.

Hyvä yritys, Igor.

Is this bait?

>US army reserve - 190k

Aren't those "active reserve", i.e. National guard or something?

Type dienstplichtbrief (service duty letter) on google images

those don't look like abbos

Attached: dd.png (573x225, 8K)

Why would the national guard be active reserve? I mean, it's possible some regiments are reserve units, but surely at least most of it is standing, regular forces.
How DOES reserve work in the US? do you sign up voluntarily for it? what do you get for it?

they believe in the one drop rule
A lot of people also lie to become doctors with mediocre grades

I don't think Russia has that much more professionals. The one million for them comes conscripts and you don't have to pay them. Having conscription in countries like UK would cause too much moaning.

I knew that, i thought it was 2 years service and THEN everyone's in the reserves and they stopped taking selfies.
Kinda made sense back then, Israel has been at war since what, the 60s ?

Speak white, Pekka.
However, I'm sure it has something to do with the OPSEC. Finns for some reason are desperate about OPSEC.

Probably almost every living self-respecting man.

Absolutely no point in conscripts

>tfw Finland could invade NATO in a single week

Please stop being stupid
We have 800k+ reserves

Finland does have slightly more, but we have a vastly superior active force

Attached: Screenshot (70).png (712x449, 68K)

a lot of it is in r&d
our subs and destroyers are world class, pekka

pls no invade us

we gud bois

That's because it works. If it weren't for the traitor journalists at Helsingin sanomat you still wouldn't know about our radio spying station

That's what Russia thought ;)

Bullshit. Russian ground forces consists only about 270,000 people, half of them are 1 year conscripts.

The only shitboxes left are BMP-2Ms and MT-LBvs. Rest are Leopards, K9s, CV-90s, AMVs, M270s, etc.

>The reason you see M16s in public is because all combatants take these rifles with them home when they leave for the weekend they get off, as to be able to intervene in case of a terrorist attack.
Really? And they have live rounds too? That's crazy.

have fun with that.

Attached: f15.jpg (2207x1932, 784K)

This posing contest is moot because a land invasion of Russia or the USA is absolutely impossible. Even without superweapons.

Hah. Planes don't have armor, F 15 can be easily shot down with 7.62 lapua

Shiver in fear yankie
youtube.com/watch?v=wsIzUap33V4

>I knew that, i thought it was 2 years service and THEN everyone's in the reserves and they stopped taking selfies.
Well, three years (or rather 2 years and 8 months, fucking newfags), but other than that you're right, that's how it is.
Well, yes, otherwise what would the rifle be worth?
99.99 percent of soldiers don't fuck around with it.
In Israel you even have these little orange thingies that signal that this weapon is disarmed, and you're absolutely not allowed to not have it in your weapon unless you're using it at that moment.

Attached: IMG-20140203-WA0000_c.jpg (435x329, 33K)

>Planes don't have armor,
go home, pierre sprey

Same. A land invasion of the Netherlands is also impossible.

We literally defeated the Russians and anglos at the same time here. And the Germans, French and UK at the same time. And Operation Market Gardened the Americans when they tried to invade us. And Waterloo'd Napoleon (Belgium is the Netherlands as well).

Me? Probably yes, but I'm not sure Russian intelligence services would say the same. Gotta think they knew about your gay radar even before that example of the freedom of speech

>market garden
WE

Attached: 1474339647348.png (192x222, 96K)

russia is slightly more possible than the USA, but it wont be worth it. no matter what your forces are.

based Sumpfgermane

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Armed_Forces

>Active personnel 318,450[1](2014) (ranked 14th)
>Reserve personnel 1,340,000[1] (2014) (ranked 5th)

Quite a lot.

For that purpose?

to take part in carnival

>Shoots down puny armored plane with mighty 23mm Sergei

youtube.com/watch?v=oZdx8qERS9o

You lost the winter war.

Israeli money laundering

Sweden? doing anything remotely in Israel's favor? what are you smoking?

EU is the reason for your prosperity.

>Poland
>prosperous

I'd like too see a Russian-Brazil war, something like you had with Argentina. But our amphibious assault capabilities seems bad though, so dunno how it goes

R&D for ships, subs, artillery and airplanes cost a shitton. Our airforce is also superior to the finnish, we have double the multirole aircrafts that you have. And the F-18 doesn't compare to JAS 39, you bought yours, we developed ours, that costs a lot more.