Is it true that Old Dutch people hate the Germans because of what they suffered during Nazi Occupation?

Is it true that Old Dutch people hate the Germans because of what they suffered during Nazi Occupation?

Attached: Flag-Pins-Germany-Netherlands.jpg (400x320, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putten_raid
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, that is true

That is true, yes

ye s but we are germans

Ofcourse they do. What the fuck did you expect

Those who were teenagers or adults during the occupation generally do but most of them are dead by now. Slightly younger generations still hold a grudge, but I don't think they genuinely hate every German currently in existence for always and ever. My grandparents were children during the war and they disliked Germans and anything German by default, but were capable of overcoming that grudge easy enough on occasion. Their dislike of the krauts mainly found it's way out by joking about them and vicious mockery.

Attached: 1526567718891.jpg (1638x1161, 1.35M)

No, they love germany, most of the tourists to the netherlands is from germany

Yes, when I was young and was visiting Holland during vacation, my family was being insulted by strangers of an older generation because of the German licence plate on our car. Nowadays, those people have either died or are too old to leave their house. Never have experienced anything hateful from non-drunk Dutch people.

Old people hate them. The rest is just banter.

Funny thing: only Dutch I've met told me about how old people are hate Germans.

I said our old people didn't hate them, because of propaganda about Nazi =/= Germans

> suffered
Lot's of them collaborated with the Germans, now they just fake their hatred to avoid attention

The vast majority neither collaborated with, nor resisted the occupiers. They just tried to continue living their lives the best they could under the circumstances. Life did become gradually worse under the occupation for them, so I think it's fair to say they suffered. I don't think those people faked their hatred completely, but they probably did exaggerate it a lot. Probably because they felt guilty about their meekness during the occupation and wanted to make it seem like they had been good guys all along. That didn't make them collaborators though. Less than 2% of the population was part of the NSB in 1943.

>They just tried to continue living their lives the best they could under the circumstances.
*paratroops into Arnhem via Market Garden*

nothin personnel kanker

Attached: 1280px-Waves_of_paratroops_land_in_Holland.jpg (1280x1004, 72K)

Yes, a lot of them do, although there were many collaborators. Germans killed harmless Dutch people for their bikes and they destroyed Dutch cities. My grandfather lived under the ground because he was in the resistance against the Nazi's. However, most Nazi-Germans are dead now, so there is no reason to hate the current Germans for that.

God damn. Why are we Eastern Yuros so chill about this? We had it much worse, but I've never heard anything this savage from my grandparents.

Serious question: how the fuck did Holland suffer at all?
>inb4 Rotterdam

Weren't the Baltic cunts pretty cool with the Nazis?
Understand if Poles, Russians etc. are mad, but some other cunts...

Attached: 1527530527792.jpg (800x3600, 716K)

They did by Western standards.

How? Pretty sure Nazis loved them nearly as much as real nordicks.

Wtf i sympathize with Dutchmen now

I don't think people like being arrested and executed at the whims of invading forces.

Well, part of that is because we already had a taste of what Soviet rule feels like, so a lot of the rural population was alright with you since you didn't try to change the order too much. But the occupation was still harsh, people were being slaughtered in the cities and you planned on exterminating and replacing us with Germans, so there's that.
All the people I talked to were from villages, so other than the Jew shooting and occasional requisitions, the general opinion on common German soldiers was better than that of the Reds, so you've got that going for you as well.

They still hold ss marches. Which is funny considering they must know about general plan ost

That's only the Latvians afaik.
>Which is funny considering they must know about general plan ost
Eastern European neo-nazis are the most retarded concept out there. I get Latvians doing it, because "we wuz Livonians and shieeet", but even Russians have their neo-nazis.

Well such is life in an occupied cunt. The question is: how often did something like that happen?
In Poland? Probably now and then. In Holland? Meh...

>you planned on exterminating and replacing us with Germans, so there's that.
Did (((they))) tell you that?

Yes, the Germans.

>Rotterdam anyway because fuck you
>a whole bunch of other cities suffered damage on a lesser scale as well during the liberation
>
>rations and severe food shortages in the winter of 1944
>lots of other goods were scarce as well
>get your shit confiscated (radio's but also bicycles)
>men get drafted to work in germany
That's just from the top of my head but it really shouldn't be that hard to imagine why being occupied by a foreign power isn't fun. The bicycle part did especially hurt.

Attached: kankermoffen.jpg (610x405, 38K)

Seeing Nazi's spoiling food at parties while you have to eat your neighbors cat to prevent from dying and seeing your fellow countrymen being executed every week feels a bit like suffering I guess.

(((they))) are Germany and Hitler? Lebensraum was one of the main reasons fueling the war. We also had our lebensraum politics to cleanse karelia of slavs. It mean mean extermination just ethnic cleansing to further russia

> It mean
It didn't mean.

>Probably now and then.
Not "probably" and not "now and then" you cheeky murdernigger

The bombing of Rotterdam was the least thing people had to care about (including people in Rotterdam)

Attached: Rotterdam12.jpg (774x461, 116K)

>Rotterdam anyway because fuck you
>Dutch government declares Rotterdam an fortress (so it was not even an war crime)
>blame Germans for attacking it
>mfw

>men get drafted to work in germany
Really the only pretty bad point. Any numbers? Guess they were really low.

They wanted to deport people from conquered land, yes. Does not mean genocide, tho. Hell Russia pretty much moved half of Poland from their cunt into German land.

Attached: 1403965706245.png (547x539, 449K)

>Does not mean genocide, tho
Yes, but it was their land which is the point. They would've have to leave their home to make room for germans. And the balts even fought along side with the germans and after war would've been like
>ebin just fuck off now :D

Me gran lived in Ijmuilden during the war, she was beaten up by a Gestapo officer as a 9 year old after her dad got interned in the UK when his boat broke down. She refused to ever set foot in Germany and the happiest I saw her was when I told her about the bullet damage to the Reichstag after I visited it.

>They would've have to leave their home to make room for germans.
Well, sucks if you lose wars. We know what we speak of.

>And the balts even fought along side with the germans and after war would've been like
Were does it say that Balts had to go?

>Were does it say that Balts had to go?
General plan ost records are public. Balts weren't loosing the war (if germany had won) , they were fighting in german army, probably most loyal useful idiots

Having 1 in 40 of your population killed thanks to the Germans maybe? On par with Czechoslovakia, at least double percentage wise in comparison to France, Belgium, U.K and tenfold compared to Denmark and Norway.

I know. Were does it say something about Balts?
They speak about Poles, Russians etc. but not Balts as much as much as I know.

Nobody wanted and ever thought about a war with Germany though. Germany mistreated our friendship that had existed since 1871 but never fully recovered after the war.

>Serious question: how the fuck did Holland suffer at all?
We suffered because of the German-caused mass starvations during the hongerwinter

Because balts were so irrelevant to mention. Why would they be any different from poles or russians?

>your house getting bombed to hell isn't suffering because it doesn't count as a war crime
In that case, bomber harris do it again

>any numbers?
Almost 400.000 by the end of the war, according to wikipedia. Any man of a working age could get rounded up and send to Germany to do forced labour.

Yes, how dare we blame kankermoffen for attacking our neutral country.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putten_raid

What?
Wiki says a good 2000 soldiers and the same numbers of civilians. Pretty sure Holland had more than 160.00 people back then.

>Why would they be any different from poles or russians?
Because they are not the same people?
Nazis knew damn well about them. Look on maps about jew etc. they are in there and not to irrelevant.

Tbqh, not even 100% sure how that happend. Probably just for strategical reasons because France thought about taking Holland but well...

>Nazis knew damn well about them. Look on maps
And in those maps we were mongols, but until we joined the axis we suddenly became better. Those were all politics. I don't think they themselves believed in those theories

You invaded our neutral country retard.

How can we not be mad about that?

Attached: g*rmanlies.png (1161x144, 60K)

198.800 people died in the Netherlands during the war due Germany, which was around 2,5%. So the Frenchman is right.

Just friendly banter, mate.

>I don't think they themselves believed in those theories
This, probably.
Just know that Balts ranked way higher than Slavs in their theories.

Learn to wiki then, see old Dutch people have plenty of reasons to dislike Germans, almost everyone had friends or family that got killed because of them.

Maybe it's hard for him to understand not everyone wants to be part of Germany. Same way there was resistance in Norway even tho purest aryans and the nazi puppet leader Quisling is seen as traitor

plenty of dutch liked the germans just fine. honestly the country should have anschlussed like austria

Attached: 955f0219be135278b08a9c83c1e12beb.jpg (540x818, 49K)

Hopefully you get anuschlussed by mexico

Attached: GROSSGERMAMIUM.jpg (2000x1200, 1014K)

Believing Nazi-propaganda, haha

>Let me tell you about your country

Attached: 1504275150641.jpg (2161x2565, 437K)

>Just know that Balts ranked way higher than Slavs in their theories.
About 80% of Lithuanians were planned to be expelled (exterminated) according to Himmlers plans as well as the half of Estonians and Latvians. Literally no reason in Nazi race ideology why Balts should rank higher than Slavs.

Old people hate everyone and everything

Freimakung van Duitsland, plox

Attached: Oostland.jpg (700x1064, 112K)

Kost slechts 60 cent volgens het plaatje. Waarom zijn Duitsers zo gierig?

Half are jews, they don't even count as dutch

lol the butthurt. What's the matter, ashamed of your collaborating ancestors? I'm look at you too finland

Not ashamed necessary thing to do but not for germans to burn down half of the country while retreating
I guess it's hard for Jow Forums mutts to imagine that people might have actual reasons to dislike nazis

>people might have actual reasons to dislike nazis

didn't stop your people from siding with them

>for germans to burn down half of the country while retreating
>retreating
Can you read?

dutch are just mad they're irrelevant swampgermans conquered by nonswampgermans

Attached: 50a.jpg (470x595, 201K)

>tfw swampgerman

My grandpa sure did, but then again he was shot at by a German soldier for breaking curfew and running away
My grandma didn't hate Germans as much, but the war did leave a big impact on her. She came from a well-off family farm, but she still witnessed lots of air raids, people being round up and executed, British pilots getting shot out of the sky and during the end of the war she also saw the effects of famine and people begging for food, etc.

Most of the hate was/is genuine, but also exaggerated after it became clear what the Nazis did and the guilt kicked in for not having done anything about it

>suffered

They hate even Japan.

No one does, most people don't even know we fought you during WW2

That doesn't mean I don't hate Japan though.

Attached: 1527879708855s.jpg (249x250, 4K)

Top FUCKING kek, this is worse than czechs whining about being part of the Reich before inexiplicably chimping out in 1945

There was no """suffering""" for the ordinary population unless you were a jew, commie or faggot

>Literally seen as german
>SS literally had a dutch branch
>Only reason they weren't incoorporated into the Reich proper was because Mussert and the NSB got to run the country as a gesture of germanic brotherhood

>about being part of the Reich
Has it ever occured to you that they maybe didn't want to be part of your reich in the first place?

GIVE BACK OUR BIKES!

Attached: PeDMFE1.gif (479x422, 645K)

Hungerwinter and bikes. Fuck you.