My psychologist costs $205 per hour

My psychologist costs $205 per hour.

Attached: 1460463081142.png (512x468, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cogbtherapy.com/cbt-blog/2014/5/18/cognitive-distortions
cogbtherapy.com/cbt-blog/2013/07/would-you-really-tell-that-to-friend.html
webmd.com/depression/guide/cognitive-behavioral-therapy-for-depression#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

does she atleast give you the succ?

Does she gives you a happy ending?

>paying for a psychologist
I thought Australia is a first world country?

It costs me 14 U$D per hour

She sucks tho, she barely re questions me, and if she comments something she says out of manual stuff

mine is 80 per session.
i can find one that's covered by my insurance, but this guy is worth every penny

He gives her the succ

>Psychologist

Do you mean psychiatrist? Psychologists do research and stuff, they're scientists. Psychiatrists are the ones you sit down with to talk.

Also known as "monthly wage in Russian province"

My psychiatrist gave up

Attached: 1497468682623.png (325x393, 75K)

LOL

Whoa, how does someone making hundreds of dollars an hour throw in the towel??

My former psychiatrist charged 200$ for 20 minutes.

yikes...

she succ the money out his wallet

Psychologists are licensed to practice therapy like cognitive-behavioral therapy. Psychiatrists are doctors licensed by the state to prescribe psychoactive medications.

What possesses you to spend money?

I was too much of an aspie even for him (he was fifty something years old, so he had a LOT of experience), he even got a bit desperate

Excellent goy.

Some psychiatrists or therapists are definitely worth the cost.

How do they help? Describe a worthwhile session, I mean.

Depends on the type of therapy. Usually you describe your problems and symptoms to them and they help you to find the roots of the thought processes causing you distress. Once you find the problematic thoughts and isolate them they help you to replace them with less upsetting thoughts. Other times they teach you techniques to physically or behaviorally address your problems, e.g. breathing patterns to ease anxiety. At least that's what my psychologist did for cognitive behavioral therapy. Psychiatrists prescribe medication to treat the issues you describe, and in follow-ups they check in on results and adjust the medication or dosage if needed.

I feel you. I'm sure their methods work; the money sticks me, though. Do your solutions rely on your sessions? Or, WHY are they more valuable than other solutions?

People have tried pressuring me into sessions, but my outlets support me fine, usually. Plus I don't have the money

1. Either you're getting ripped off or prices in australia are whack
2. take this blogging bullshit somewhere else

Therapy isn't mandatory or necessary for things like anxiety or depression. It's just one option that can help improve things. You can teach yourself some cognitive or behavioral techniques on your own or talk to sympathetic people, friends, or clergy. Professional help is just more specialized for this purpose so it can help more serious problems.

Can I be your psychologist?

Attached: 1530419814378.jpg (245x279, 14K)

Do "cognitive or behavioral techniques" help you? Why? Give me some examples, my guy. And what separates normal problems from serious ones? At what point do you think therapy is necessary?

Americanisation even though we were at our peak because of social democracy

They've definitely helped me to be more in control. Combined with medication to ease the physical/biochemical side of things they've helped a lot.
Some common techniques are here:
cogbtherapy.com/cbt-blog/2014/5/18/cognitive-distortions
cogbtherapy.com/cbt-blog/2013/07/would-you-really-tell-that-to-friend.html
webmd.com/depression/guide/cognitive-behavioral-therapy-for-depression#
As for seriousness of problems and necessity of therapy, I'd say that's up to the person concerned. If your personal network or available resources can't help you with your anxiety/depression etc or if you're impeded in your day-to-day life (e.g. not being able to get out of bed, having to miss classes or work, or having thoughts of self harm) it's a good idea to seek professional help at that point.

American education at work once again

I feel you. Works is works.

More on the personal, individual side: how do controlled and uncontrolled you look? How do they feel? And why do you need, or want, to control yourself? What happens when you don't, or when you lose control?

Tough to explain, but that vernacular or vibe confuses me. People who have big, complex problems and seek big, complex solutions. Big definitions, intricate interplays, complex studies. Very serious stuff. I'd like to understand you better

But what if the problem is other people? Like, legitimately. For example, people vote for retarded politicians, the system is fucked, government is eroding our freedoms and nobody is doing anything about it. How can you fix that?

When I lose control I don't always look like it. I sometimes bottle it up in public, then I release it in private and end up hitting my leg with my fists and crying on my bed. It hasn't gotten that bad for a while though.
Like understanding people, understanding things like psychology takes a while.
I've wondered that myself a lot. The closest thing I have to an answer is that it's simpler to control what you have potential to control, that is, your own behavior and reactions to your circumstances. That doesn't mean you should be a pushover or ignore real-life external problems though. Working to improve the world is always a good thing.

>$205 per hour.
That's 2 hookers at once money, get your shit together user

You sound very learned, very esteemed and together. What makes you believe there's something to understand? Do you think you understand people or psychology, much less yourself? What do you believe you'll theoretically gain once you do?

I read a lot. I don't understand everything about people or psychology, but I like learning. As for what I'd gain from knowing more, what more is there to gain from learning but a better understanding, a new perspective, a new puzzle piece in the world's great mystery?
I should get to bed soon. Good conversation user, and good night and good luck.

mine costs $275

Attached: 1528177998121.jpg (800x565, 76K)

>paying people to listen to your problems and to tell you to get your shit together
The absolute state of the first world

wait really i thought it cost way more than that

Attached: finne.jpg (99x124, 10K)

yeah my gf has depression and anxiety, recently stopped working too. she's tried and failed to go back to it and the costs are really fucking us. Once she runs out of savings its all going to be on me, including rent etc. I think she'll have to stop getting treatment including meds just so I can afford to feed and house both of us

>what more is there to gain from learning but a better understanding, a new perspective, a new puzzle piece in the world's great mystery?

That all feels phony, shiftlessly-controlling. Ever competing for validation, either through expertise or humility. It gets under my skin. Particularly stuff like
>Like understanding people, understanding things like psychology takes a while.

So many people play they have something, or know something, that others don't, when they themselves have nothing. Or playing there's something to have, and they have it. Absolutely insufferable, in all forms, physical, financial, and intellectual.

I don't understand why you-types are so egotistical. Worse, though, I don't understand why it bothers me so much. You have nothing, but even still, that smarmy know-all demeanor always rubs me raw

>Good conversation user, and good night and good luck
QUINTESSENTIAL. Your mom gay

Tried that, not worth it. Psychiatrists are the right path to go (psychologists should succ though)

why are you so angry? he doesn't sound arrogant and the intention seems genuine

Some people obsess over how they and others should be. They speak and act similarly, assuming or hunting authority. No 'right' state exists, but they imply and defend one, through whatever means. Here, psychology and therapy; somewhere else, experience or morality.

It's arrogant humility and friendliness. Holier-than-thou's literal roots. It's ridiculous and shouldn't get under my skin, but it does, every single time

get a mental health plan you retard

Mine cost hundreds of taxpayer money, but I snapped out of it.

Even if you have a mental health plan there is still some overhead costs. Thankfully the hospital is paying for it.

My school psychologist gave me a pink coloured toffee after the session

>10 sessions of help and then pay up
ah yes, problem solved