Do you like your country's flag? Ireland here and our fleg is shit...

Do you like your country's flag? Ireland here and our fleg is shit, not only is it a boring tricolour and a rip-off of the Italian flag but the symbolism is shit as well. It's supposed to represent peace between the Catholics and the Protestants, which is nice in theory, but the Protestants have utterly rejected this idea and they even enjoy burning the flag on bonfires. Having a third of your flag represent people who hate the flag and have no desire to be a part of your nation is just stupid and cucked really.

Attached: image.png (318x159, 2K)

it's just a flag

yeah it's a fucking golden cross in the sky

I hate our flag. I wish we had a cool tricolour or something with a bit more design. The fucking leaf looks so juvenile, how does the world even take us seriously?

Yeah I think the UK has one of the most aesthetically pleasing flags. It's unique enough to be distinguishable without going full Nepal autism, but also standard enough to not look out of place with the flags of similar countries eg. France, America, Scandinavian countries etc.

Attached: 1280px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png (1280x640, 5K)

I agree.

Literal mutt flag.

>A

I like it, despite being a simple bicolour. I don't like the cross though.

Attached: file.png (900x600, 15K)

For a mutt nation, so it fits

Tricolors are memes, lmao the idea is that they are easy to draw (I guess so) and also distinguishable (nope not when every other retard has a tricolor, try to distinguish Chad and Romania sometime). Oh wow it has a darker blue. Yeah okay. Just bland uninspired garbage.

USA's isn't great either but at least we don't have a tricolor.

I like the aesthetic of our flag but I hate the religious symbolism I wish we had a more nationalistic flag.

I wish each province was an independant state as a proud CONNACHT male I hate being marginalised in a leinster-centred country, especially with the neutrality and shit, I reckon if Connacht was let be we could become a military, nuculear superpower overnight.

Yeah, but i feel like we lack something in our flag.

It's a pretty boring tricolour. Sure enough, I consider it somewhat pleasant to look at, but it doesn't make me feel quite the same way Germany, Estonia, and the Netherlands' does. They feel more "wholesome", if that makes any sense.

I prefer 1991's version (top).

Attached: 0DE28B34-89A2-4642-8BA4-0CF413695397 (1).png (772x1000, 15K)

It is decent when it has the coat of arms on. Otherwise, it feels like something is lacking, or it just feels empty.

Attached: 2000px-Flag_of_Peru_(state).svg.png (2000x1333, 264K)

too bright looks like toothpaste.

Boring tricolor. I wish we got at least the laurel leaves from the spqr flag.

Islam basically is Arab (as in real Arabs from Saudi Arabia) nationalism tho isn't? Like you managed to impose your language and culture on the majority of the middle east and north africa through it. I say it's a pretty nationalistic flag desu

what do you think about this one?

Attached: 1200px-Flag_of_the_Russian_Empire_(black-yellow-white).svg.png (1200x800, 1K)

looks like habsburg monarchy falg but with white line added to bottom

Attached: 2000px-Flag_of_the_Habsburg_Monarchy.svg.png (2000x1333, 1K)

whatever you think of the UK as a country it's hard to argue out flag isn't one of the greatest, if not the greatest and most aesthetic ever

Attached: UK-Union-Flag.png (440x280, 24K)

Tricolours are versatile because they can be applied as a design onto virtually anything. Put green white and orange vertically on a shirt, the hood of a car, the back of a laptop, etc. and you can recognize it as Ireland easily. For us we have to plaster this stupid fucking leaf onto anything in order to brand it as Canadian.

I wish we still had this

Attached: 1200px-Canadian_Red_Ensign_(1957–1965).svg.png (1200x600, 54K)

idk UK and USA do fine without tricolors. Also you have a tricolor just one with a leaf in the middle to make you different than Peru

>Giant union jack
>Red
>3 Dancing Lion
>1 Dancing Lion
>Harp
>France Monarchy
>3 LEAFS

Based thats some medieval tier aesthetics Canada had.

Yes. It's unironically based. England flag is a bit basic though.

The UK and USA have aesthetically pleasing flags though. The Union Jack is globally recognized due to their empire, and it is just nice to look at. The USA's flag is also well designed because the stars and stripes not only mean something, they are simple and iconic. All you have to do is throw some white stars on a blue background and people will think of the USA (even though other flags like Australia have this design).

Our leaf doesn't stand for anything, and it just looks ugly.

Attached: jaw_2_530x.jpg (530x530, 12K)

Stands for maple syrup I thought? Isn't that your guys thing?

And yeah the big old red leaf is iconic. When I see a big red leaf I think of Canada, hell even when I was a kid I saw a perfect maple leaf on the ground it reminded me of Canada's leaf.

Superior flag.

Attached: 800px-Canadian_Red_Ensign_(1921–1957).svg.png (800x400, 33K)

Yes, although pic related would've been nice.

Attached: República Bonitinha.png (654x436, 35K)

Attached: canada flag.jpg (684x781, 72K)

St George. Best one

It's coming home it's coming home

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x286, 12K)

I like it because of exposure bias. Really though it looks like it goes on a clown costume and the design and symbolism are shit.

The old Canadian flag had better symbolism too, the crest represented equality and peace among the different ethnicities of Canada while also being quite contemporary
But then someone said "Hey I got a better idea, let's just put a leaf on it!"

Our flag is pretty boring, I mean at least it isn't a tri color, I personally like the Betsy Ross flag better
Now my state flag is aesthetic as fuck, at least compared to other states, only New Mexico can compare, the rest are shit

Attached: 1280px-Flag_of_Maryland.svg.png (1280x853, 34K)

Ours has become increasingly shitter and shitter with each iteration.

It's a top-tier flag. It's only disrespected because it represents Canada, from where the worst posters come from.

The US flag isn't that great, to be honest. It's iconic, but not particularly aesthetic. It feels very old and dried by the sun because of the fine white details.

Attached: monarchy_flag.png (800x533, 68K)

Rate my version of Russia's flag.

Attached: Безымянный.jpg (639x331, 65K)

>that orange bit

Attached: lmbooo.jpg (600x593, 36K)

Yeah I like my flag, my flag ist fantastisch.

Attached: ossetian_soldiers_1991.jpg (713x540, 42K)

Yup, hate it. Finland shouldn't be part of the cool guys club but thanks to this stupid cr*ss, we're stuck with sweden #1, sweden #2, sweden #3 and Iceland forever.

Don't forget the Teutonic Knights.

Give us our first flag back!

Attached: bandeiras.png (510x187, 15K)