Paper gold

Just paid 500€ for this and a urza's craddle
Did I get ripped off?

Attached: 5635.jpg (312x445, 37K)

500€ for a jpg seems like a lot.

man that card design is so shitty. who the fuck thought it was a good idea to make the font so small and hard to read, especially with that obnoxious background?

actually just fucking disgusting.

it definitely was a terrible decision, but the two colours of the pattern aren't usually that dark. they probably saw the white/green one and figured it'd be fine

The art is pretty though

It's not even an underground sea though.

it's tough to tell but i think along the top is actually the ceiling of a cave. so the pool of water is underground, but probably not a sea

But to answer your question OP idk.

I would call it a grotto. Maybe it's clearer on the full art piece.

Attached: 9t7T8yU.jpg (2448x3264, 2.83M)

grottos are sexy and magic cards are sexy so i'll agree. OP watch the reserved list carefully as i've heard speculation it might not last forever. cradle is a bomb though i still have mine from childhood in my cube

Assuming they're real and in good condition, no, I'd say you did well. The meta is shifting pretty hard in legacy to delver and underground sea is a must include in the deck, the deck is also a true fair deck and likely to be in the meta for years. Assuming it lands a victory in a GP, expect it to hit 500 on it's own. In contrast, elves isn't doing so hot, so you may as well get cradle for cheap

The seller still has the other revised lands, should I pick up 3 tropical islands for 450€?

Enjoy your 1:1 chink repro made for .50

i guess it depends on your budget. by my math that's a good deal price-wise and in terms of the actual card power any blue-producing dual is crucial in a handful of decks. i'd say go for it but ensure legitimacy

Why hasn't somebody made a blockchain-based version of MtG yet? It would be a perfect application for what blockchains are capable of doing.

I did the flashlight and the weight test, but not much more I could have done. I also know where the guy leaves so... cant get better warranty than that

Lives*

Anyone think Muldrotha will be a sleeper hit in Standard?

i haven't played standard in years but i assure you that's a powerful effect and you'll see him around

It's sad. Because people are buying magic cards like stock it's likely to crash.

Standard is the worst it's been pre Odyssey block. Wizards is in panic mode and you can see it with the constant reprint sets. You can only keep a game like magic fresh for so long. Golden era has long since passed and its slowly dying. They had to use Eldrazi to bring back interest there is little they can do now unless they want to rehash shit. Good cards cause an inflation on CMC and use and there is going to be a ceiling between the two. It's been breeched a bunch of times so Wizards has purposefully tried to reset the game which is why Standard is trash, no one likes it and they're losing players. Bringing back to how it was is old hat. They've pretty much done anything you can do with a cardboard trading card game.

Mark my words, the price for magic cards is going to plummet in 5 years.

Great i'll pick up Jund in 5 years then. And play memebrews til then and sell good cards into the bubble.

I bought it kind of for nostalgic reaons, and I wouldn't touch anything out of the reserved list with a 10ft pole

For commander it's a no-brainer so it will push up the paper price for sure... but in standard it might be 1 too expensive as a finisher.
Just think if you untap with this in a goodstuff permanent deck it's pretty close to I win.

Smart.

I could be wrong on price because what they could keep doing is making new formats (that's how they've been artificially pumping the desire for cards people wouldn't ordinarily want to play.) EDH is a good example. So many cards that are pumped purely because commander decks make them viable, same reason why people will buy packs for old cards that aren't really that great for legacy or vintage.

I have no idea what new format they could possibly come up with but there probably are a handful of untapped ideas.

With the latest set they introduced Brawl, which is just a Standard-legal variant on EDH with 60 card decks

Brawl is retarded though, as long as it has the same banlist as Standard.
Baral is absolutely degenerate as a 2 cost permission commander in a slow/high life format.
A 1-off aetherworks marvel would be great fun and absolutely no problem.

Well commander started as a "casual" format where people could play their old cards forever, and Wizards hates that (you can get everything for great commander decks from the secondary market).
So that one is not a format they came up with as a cash cow. Brawl however...

I understand that it wasn't their idea to begin with but they ran with it. E.I. Eternal masters and several reprint runs that don't help anyone but EDH, Legacy and Vintage (lots of trash doesn't even help legacy and vintage.)

It's pretty clear some of the reprints are for EDH.

Yeah I guess they have to since the format is so immensely popular.
I would actually like to speculate on possible Commander hits but it's paper only and having to deal with fakes and grading turns me off.

hey guys this is rudy with alpha invesments

creepy rudy here

That hack makes me tilt.