Why does Russia want to conquer and or intimidate its European neighbors?

Why does Russia want to conquer and or intimidate its European neighbors?

Attached: I will embiggen russia.jpg (1247x855, 268K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/07/19/world/middleeast/cia-arming-syrian-rebels.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Such is the way of the Mongol savage

Why do thieves want to steal? Too stupid to feed themselves or sick in the head.

Why do murders want to murder? Mental problems.

Why MS13 exists?

It's the 21st century though, surely they should have evolved beyond that by now.

>Why does Russia want to conquer and or intimidate its European neighbors?

Why Mutterica want to fuck the rest of American Continent financing military, juridical and political coups???
Why Mutterica keep bombing and destroying weak countries in North Africa and Middle East creating a flux of refugees to Europe??

Like so many others, you are greatly confused about American geopolitical affairs

Attached: usa is bad guy.png (1689x809, 205K)

no monkeys allowed, thanks

Because G*rmany isn't doing it properly

Im sorry are you retarded?
You literally just posted a bunch of things muttmerica has done against good people.

it's just faux power projection to maintain putin's strongman image to try keep things stable

I don't understand it either. I concluded that Putin is mentally ill, probably a sociopath.

cuck face.gif

Just a way to diddlee-doo, my friend.

rude boor

their weakness and our superiority
if not USA and nuclear parity we would already genocide every nation that ever hurt us in our past somehow or just said anything bad about Russia

>Why does Russia want to conquer and or intimidate its European neighbors?
It doesn't. That's only what USA's butthurt belt bitches (Poland/Estonia/Latvia/Lituania) are paid to constantly cry about, so that Russia doesn't get any normal trade relations with the more US-independent parts of EU.

In reality there are zero reasons economical or otherwise to conquer or otherwise "intimidate" (what does that even mean) those butthurt infested lands.

Russia had invested a lot lately in ports/infrastructure to trade around them, actually, which is incidentally going to fuck their income quite a bit. Something to look forward to, as they wanted independence from Russia oh so much.

>First you sponsor radical islamists
>Then you "save the day" by bombing them and incidentally countries that suffer from them
Such noble. Much world policeman.

Attached: 1444032474730.jpg (485x237, 27K)

>Ukrainian invasion
>Georgian invasion
>annexation of Crimea

>Georgian invasion
NATO trained and encouraged bitches thought they can just attack russian peacekeepers. Reality has proven them wrong.

>annexation of Crimea
Continued NATO "non-expansion to the east" and a US-backed coup threatened to leave Russia without a strategical military port in Black Sea. Of course in USA image of reality we should've been prudent to just shut up and suck it up.

>Ukrainian invasion
A civil war after the US-sponsored coup.

Attached: Russia-wants-war.jpg (960x710, 123K)

you really do slurp up your government channels don't you? or are you just being a meme on purpose?

>Russian army invaded in order to... restore the pre-invasion status-quo in Georgia, therefore it's evil.
>Speaks about slurping up propaganda

No, because unlike you I don't have to rely on government channels or anyone else to tell me anything in order to know the truth there. I don't even watch TV, in fact.

Attached: 1442060028986.jpg (1000x701, 342K)

>their weakness and our superiority
>if not USA and nuclear parity we would already genocide every nation that ever hurt us in our past somehow or just said anything bad about Russia
BASED

COULD START WITH THE KRAUTS

are you an omniscient teleporting man?

To relive some delusional sense of absolute power they had back during the USSR. Not that the average citizen would have any power whatsoever mind you, and in fact would probably end up in a gulag somewhere, but that hasn't stopped them yet.

Posting dumb meme images won't make you any less of a manlet, Vlad.

No, I just know Russian and English, which is enough to figure shit out from many angles for most of the ex-USSR space, have relatives in there and can speak with more people from there than you ever could. Go slurp your CNN or whatever is your brainwashing outlet of choice. Being able to compare, I must say they're losing in retardedness only to Ukraine's ones.

Posting your vlad-manlet meme didn't make your 1-inch dick grow either.

Attached: qFvsPWE76VA.jpg (604x547, 53K)

who's to say that I don't read what's available, or that I also don't correspond with people effected for your country?

I assume this is merely a list of what the US army did, and does not include what special forces and intelligence agencies did.
nytimes.com/2017/07/19/world/middleeast/cia-arming-syrian-rebels.html

>what's available
Your mass media and a bunch of pseudo-independent bloggers, who all repeat the same. You will never get even 1% of info I get as a man who understand Russian and Ukrainian.

>correspond with people effected for your country
Unless you know Russian, your choice of people is very skewed to our young libtards, which pride themselves in being able to learn English, but can't really pride themselves in critical thinking.

95 percent of Russians supported Putin's attack to Ukraine and in Russian "parlianment" one voted against the attack (later he was chased out of Russia).

Even the attack on Afghanistan after the 9/11 attacks didn't get as much support as within the American population and legislation. There was lots of opposition to that.

Hard to argument for Russians not being thoroughly brainwashed and their media not being completely biased. They'll attack anything because it's in their being.

but only nuVatniks posses that critical thinking, correct?

>Vatniks
Funny that you speak in our libtard memes that were later popularized by Ukies. That might be indicative of what kind of people you "correspond with".

>only
Of course not. But in my experience their thinking is affected by trying to distance themselves from "stupid Vatnik parents" and/or belief in the "Holy West being never wrong because they have better life standards" or other similarly flawed arguments.

Many of them don't even know anything about the wars except what they read in the libtard media, which just basically parrots western POV.

There are libtards who became Vatniks after the Crimea too, you know.

wow you sure showed him

>A Brazilian calling other people mutts

it's my own belief that your county's actions stem form insecurity, an insecurity fostered by your president over your "fallen place" in the world

>a country's actions psychoanalysed as though it was a man, as opposed acting according to fully objective economical and geopolitical reasons
Whatever political analysis you've been reading, that's how you tell it's bullshit. If in addition it says something to the effect of "muh dictator Putin alone decided X, punished Y, etc/ because he hated/was afraid of/etc Z", then you know to print it out and wipe your ass with it.

I call whoever i want the way i want, argaitino

its the opposite
Russians NEED to liberate europe from the greasy awful grip that the USA has over it for the last 100 years
the only problem is, Russia has problems of its own which need to be solved first, like battling its own species of degeneracy such as abortion fashion, heroin and alcohol addiction.
Heroin is the easiest, just spike it with poison and have a million or 5 junkies die over night, nobody is going to miss them
i have no idea how to tackle the other 2 problems, which are bound to poverty and nihilism
Maybe expand the job market by expanding the transport industry since Russia is huge and not connected so good, start handing out land to its own people first, make it the new frontier for adventure and hardships while new colonies and stories begin
they have all the resources they need, they just need a spark, a tiny glimmer of hope and a leader to lead them

*Countries

And no, it's your people that have an insecurity clearly, at least the ones that are so easily enraptured by Putin's rhetoric, or by your state media that draws comparisons between western nations and Hitler's third Reich.

>OINK OINK MUH BUTTHURT BELT
Another post which proves that Russians must be rangebanned.

Attached: real butthurt.png (1200x1000, 109K)

>Ha-ha-ha, look on our glorious weapons, Russia stronk!!!
>Why do you fear us? I guess you're russophobic!!!

your state and non state media and propaganda is controlled by the same fucking jew and reeks same as anyones shit

>HURR DURR LIBERALS
>HURR DURR UKRAINIANS

>you really do slurp up your government channels don't you?
youre the one proven to do that

>draws comparisons between western nations and Hitler's third Reich.
They did? Oh well, they should get in line, because comparing Russia with Hitler's third Reich was popular long before that. They may be infringing on patents there.

>OINK OINK
>Posts from russian ip asking russian ip to be rangebanned
Cockhole detected.

By that rhetoric NATO should throw their weapons away first, dear Oinker. They have much much more of them than Russia.

You think that by posting three posts with oinks in this slow thread at once, you achieve anything but embarassing yourself? Oink more.

well, you must admit, using ethnic populations as justification to grumble against your neighbors and annex them...

Also go back to sosach

Attached: IMG_20180707_185915.jpg (3120x4160, 2.3M)

He is south Brazilian therefore germanic

Tsarist/Soviet nostalgia and a need to appear strong and relevant.

Yeah, I agree, annexing people, who will it, and treating them like everyone else in our country is so 20th century. Would've been much better to mimick what a certain other country does, namely bombing countries it doesn't like in oblivion under laughable pretexts, ignoring UN, installing puppet governments, extracting anything valuable from them, while not getting any responsibility for the future living of the people there.

Attached: 14678125745660.jpg (1024x577, 97K)

Cockhole, pls.

t. misrepresentation pro

They dont

You didn't need to leave your signature.

You don't understand. Western countries absolve themselves by creating useless commissions, so we are still the good guys. Don't you remember that separation of powers works?

Indeed, how could I have forgotten. We should learn this trick someday too.

>ethnic population in Ukraine
>annex em
>ethnic population in the Sudetenland
>annex em

It is the natural state of an empire, the people who get in power rarely are content with what they got.

America would not think twice about doing the same if there wouldn't be huge repercussions for it, neither would my country or anyones country in the same position.

>muh Hitler
Still better that what USA does, funnily enough.

As I've told already, Crimea was about the crucial military port. Yeah, unfortunately we aren't as rich and powerful as to sponsor anti-government coups and freeze legitimate ukrainian government's money accounts during the overthrow. So we have to counter-act by military means.

If you don't want Russian annexations, tell your govt to stop expanding to the East, as simple as that.

it's not in the American character to care about that sort of thing, our interest is unfettered and honest trade among nations

this is the point where you are 100% out to lunch

Oh well, if you say so.

>our interest is unfettered and honest trade among nations
>@
>starts trade wars

Attached: 14687022334710.jpg (526x699, 82K)

it's easy to do

Lunch? You're right, I've already had one today.

that's another issue in itself, but it primarily has history in dubious chinese economic policies that people have spoke against for decades

>dubious economic policies
Such as?

>chinese
Which is why US decided to bend over EU and Canada too. At last I truly see.

Because when Russians see that other post communist countries can live like people and not like animals, they may begin to desire such quality of life for themselves and replace their current government with one that will actually deliver. So naturally the reasonable course of action is to fuck these competing models up. In the meantime some propaganda about evil west will keep the complaints contained.

at the risk of a tangeant that's unrelated to this thread I'll only say the measures aren't bending any of those countries over, and pertain to industries that are impacted by other nation's policies

at any rate china subsidizes its industries, tightly manicures access to its markets, seeks to steal intellectual property from companies through policy, etc.

for claiming to be mr. informed you've never payed attention to world events over the past two decades

>other post communist countries can live like people and not like animals
I blame communism, really.

Attached: 14726527589980.jpg (1068x612, 50K)

> Why does Russia want to conquer and or intimidate its European neighbors?

It is all China's fault. China destabilized the global system, and more precisely: Chinese rapid growth questioned domination of the USA. The change in Russian attitude happened in 2007/2008 - shortly after the global economical crisis, Putin gave an extremely important speech in Munich that was - probably deliberately - ignored by most Western media about "need of reconfiguration of the global order" because he concluded that domination of the USA is slowly becoming the past. 2007/2008 was also a beginning of massive Russia's remilitarisation and army's modernisation.

Instead of whining about evil Russia/China, we should make our economies healther and armies more powerful. 4% GDP spent on army should be a goal of all of us up to 2025 if we want to have peace for next decades to come.

>the measures aren't bending any of those countries over
I guess they don't like it just because then.

>for claiming to be mr. informed you've never payed attention to world events over the past two decades
Firstly, I've never claimed to be informed about anything but what directly concerns Russia. I don't have delusions of world policemanship after all.

Secondly, I'm not asking you because I don't know what happened. I'm asking you because I want to know what justifications YOU are holding valid.

But you're right, let's not go on this tangent. I was on my way to a different politics-unrelated thread, when I saw this clickbait one, anyway.

There is exactly 0 reasons why Russia should be entitled to any piece of land on Earth,be it Crimea, Georgia, Alaska or anything else.
Arguments like “it’s our strategic interest” are not arguments why you should have it any more than argument “I want a gf” is an argument why some autist should go shoot up a school.

If you want to blob like real life was some paradox simulation, be prepared to get called out on it and punished appropriately. Maybe you’ll even get away with your crimes. But that doesn’t change the fact that your delusions are not a valid reason why something is justified or fair.

Because of NATO

Sure.

>pic unrelated

>Arguments like “it’s our strategic interest” are not arguments why you should have it
Yeah, the military to make it true is what constitutes an argument to have it.

>why something is justified or fair
No such thing in politics. But if you wanted to argue from "justified and fair" angle, the will of the people of the republic should outweigh any other arguments based on lines drawn on maps, as if people were owned like cattle.

you may keep your sword

Attached: appomattox_court_house.jpg (3485x1571, 1.21M)

Russia is the third rome.

Europe is russia's birthright.

And it's unrelated because...?

>pic: all our young people are working abroad and pensions are small because of the communist occupation

Attached: 14695574273190.jpg (720x713, 39K)

>There is exactly 0 reasons why Russia should be entitled to any piece of land on Earth,be it Crimea, Georgia, Alaska or anything else

There actually are two arguments: 1) Russian military power, 2) disintegration of so called "West" whom we know from times of Cold War

Western European countries are not afraid of Russia to such degree that they prefer to join it to their system of prosperity without caring about standards of "democracy" and so on. The slogan of "Europe from Lisbon to Vladivostok" promoted also by Russian think tanks wasn't created by Putin or Dugin. It was created by Merkel.

Russia taking Crimea made sure that it won't be cut from the Black Sea which is extremely important region now because the Chinese plan to use Black Sea and Danube Delta/Danube as the main trade/investment artery of OBOR. If Russia gains full control over Black Sea, it will be able to gain massively from Chinese- European trade.

That's why Trump is so angry that Obama let Russia take Crimea, you know? But Trump is also a realist and he knows perfectly that the USA is not powerful enough to stop Western Europe, Russia and China at the same time. So he tries to play them against each other. Economies of China and Western Europe are more powerful than economy of Russia so Americans try to become "friends" with Russia and help it economically, so it would grow faster than Western Europe and China in order to maintain the global balance. But will they succeed? Is Russian elite interested in it at all? Maybe. OBOR is not such a good solution for Russia after all. It would turn it into a Chinese puppet. We will see.

If you consider military to be a valid argument then you have no right to whine one way or another, unless of course you consider creating a victim narrative as conducive to your interest. The fact of the matter remains that Russia violated international law in seizing a piece of land that did not belong to it.

As for the self determination argument, that one might have some credibility if Russia itself didn’t treat it as a mere excuse. For instance the referendum on Crimea was a farce where any public discussion was ruled out, nevermind other circumstances like armed soldiers everywhere.

To be honest I’m very disappointed with the path Russia decided to take. World could have been much better place if not for your psychopathic leadership that still dreams of empires and conquest.

soviet reunion

And they will still all live better lives than they would as Russian muzhiks.

Even taking your oversimplifications at face value.

>so it would grow faster than Western Europe and China in order to maintain the global balance.

The Russian economy is in recession?

>OBOR is not such a good solution for Russia after all. It would turn it into a Chinese puppet. We will see.

OBOR is probably one of the biggest threats to the global order. Brainlet nations are willingly falling into the debt trap?

European greed has served it well in the past, but it allowed its control over economy slacken, and trust of its people in its own institutions to erode way too much. Germany is happy to wet its beak in Russian natural wealth, as Poland surely appreciates with stuff like nord stream going on. I’d like to know whether people responsible for these projects genuinely assume its “just business” or simply don’t care either way.
I hear people speak mixed things of expanding Chinese presence, but the Chinese are certainly not going to be pulling any punches.

>The Russian economy is in recession?

The Russian "economy" is in 100% dependent on selling oil/gas to Western Europe and China. I really have no fucking idea how Americans want to jump over that. I think that in the end China and Russia will be treated by the US of A as one hostile block despite rational and smart efforts of Republicans to avoid fighting on two fronts.

there's no doubt in anyone's mind that russia under the putin government has rapidly morphed into a hostile block since the 2014 invasion of ukraine

>If you consider military to be a valid argument then you have no right to whine one way or another, unless of course you consider creating a victim narrative as conducive to your interest.
No, the reasoning goes exactly the other way.

Those who accept the military might as an argument, have no grounds to blame us for Crimea.

Those who go for the "fair and just" arguments, have to recognize the victim narrative and that our hand was forced in the matter.

>As for the self determination argument, that one might have some credibility if Russia itself didn’t treat it as a mere excuse.
I don't have to pick either argument in order to be justified from all points of view. You do.

>where any public discussion was ruled out, nevermind other circumstances like armed soldiers everywhere.
Armed soldiers on the streets consisted of Crimean volunteers watching out for armed provocations. They didn't stand over the voting booths like in the totalitarian nightmare you're picturing yourself.

The public discussion was ongoing since forever, especially since maidan coup protests broke out in 2013. Not to mention crimeans repeatedly trying to at least regain autonomy that, as a matter of another "fact of the matter", was unlawfully taken from them by the ukrainian government.

Since then I had a few opportunities to go there and confirm for myself that Crimeans don't regret it. Even Ukies themselves admit it, so your indignation is really out of any justification here.

>World could have been much better place if not for your psychopathic leadership that still dreams of empires and conquest.
World would've been a much better place if US minded their own hemisphere. I mean something must be going on in your head if you consider that annexing people, who want it, with no casualties, is worse than bombing Iraq under false pretences, while violating UN laws (another "fact of the matter").

>And they will still all live better lives than they would as Russian muzhiks.
Would they? I mean, Russia is not communist anymore, and if they wanted to clean toilets abroad so much, I think we would have freely allowed them.

>No such thing in politics.
But there is. Russians just have too rancid minds to understand that.

>But there is. Russians just have too rancid minds to understand that.
You have 5 minutes to justify Iraq, or any of the west-sponsored coups in arabic countries.

Attached: 15291655555270.jpg (3000x678, 379K)

>Would they? I mean, Russia is not communist anymore, and if they wanted to clean toilets abroad so much, I think we would have freely allowed them.

Let's be honest. If Russia became a member of the EU, it would lose half of population in a month. That's why Russian elite of power is not interested in it because it would destroy basis of its wealth: number of cheap slaves would be radically decreased.

Poland in years 1945-1990 was the poorest and dirtiest shithole imaginable but migration was artificially blocked by soviet soldiers shooting to everybody who tried to cross the border illegally.

Poland in years 1990-2004 was slightly better shithole thanks to capitalism and efficient economy, but it was still 12x poorer nominally than the UK. People weren't escaping in millions from it only because they needed visas and permissions to live and work in the West, and usually only professionals could get such visas, while majority of population was forced to rot in Poland in circumstances of high crime rate and poverty: Poland from this period was an exact copy of today's Russia

Poland in 2004 became EU member and we lost till today around 2,5 mln of workforce. Most of these people (around 60%) were unemployed, homeless, suffering from poverty and criminal. That's why Poland's crime rate was reduced from Russian level to the level of Japan up to 2010.

Poland of 2018 is economically, infrastructurally and socially developed to such degree that number of Poles who move out to the Western Europe is a bit lower today than number of Poles coming back to Poland from Western Europe. And it happens in situation in which all these Poles have a full right to Western benefits, salaries and pensions. We also take millions of immigrants from the East known as "Russian world" or "post-sovok".

are you saying putin is on the same level as mad dictators?

Americans didn't support those, neither did they take over them and replace the population with Americans. Russians support every attack war embrace even the ancient commie attack wars like winter war. Yes, Russians are rancid like that.

>mad dictators
Lol.

Attached: 1445893832185.jpg (720x1223, 49K)

do you ignore the suppressive and brutal inhumane methods of the assad regime? don't answer that, of course you do

>Those who go for the "fair and just" arguments, have to recognize the victim narrative and that our hand was forced in the matter.
Not really. You don't have anything to back your victim status with. You're arbitrarily murdering innocent people at home and abroad, and you're annexing parts of countries without valid justifications - which you are trying to fabricate.

>Armed soldiers on the streets consisted of Crimean volunteers watching out for armed provocations. They didn't stand over the voting booths like in the totalitarian nightmare you're picturing yourself.
Of course. They even posted many pictures with kots. How fluffy and helpful.

There was literally no discussion. You took your army out of your base, secured the place so you could shoot anything "provocative" (and now you are making fun of Ukrainian army for not defending their territory with weapons in hand), put up some retarded posters about how Crimea can be either nazi or Russian and made a ballot observed only by those soldiers and some handpicked russophiles from communist and fringe parties (sponsored in some cases by Russia outright). The referendum was a farce and your refusal to admit that serves only to illustrate your dishonesty.

>I went there and talked to Crimeans
Did you have your ski mask and rifle?
At any rate I'm sure they are happy the ukraine surrendered the peninsula without fighting or they might have turned out like those fake states to the north.

>World would've been a much better place if US minded their own hemisphere.
US is not entitled to any hemisphere and neither are you.
>annexing was peaceful
yeah, kicking into a cripple is real peaceful. How brave of you.

I get from your post that a butthurt from century-year-old war clouds your judgment now.

>Americans didn't support those
No, actually a lot of them did, and defended it here on Jow Forums too. Why would you lie so obviously like that?

And even if americans really were against the war (on the grounds of justice and not because they were afraid of losing lives and money), I don't see why americans being against something that is wrong (Iraq war) means Russians have to be against something that is right (Crimea).

>neither did they take over them and replace the population with Americans.
So if I murder anyone without replacing them with a Russian, it is ok and justified. Got it.

Well, the end result of bombing people into stone age is that eventually you will have replaced them, you know.

Not to mention that you just told us that there is "justice and fairness" in politics, and now you're explaining why there isn't, and that population's "feels" didn't alter the end result in the slightest.

Attached: 1444160770858.jpg (640x640, 122K)

>do you ignore the suppressive and brutal inhumane methods of the assad regime? don't answer that, of course you do
You mean as opposed to Guantanamo prison? Of course I support them because the western "democratic" coups invariably end in much much worse things.

Attached: 1444222368134.png (599x450, 315K)

you're a fucken meme m8

are you putin himself?

Annexing Crimea was not right in principle (because Russia literally wanted it only for its military base as you have admitted yourself) and it was not right in execution (violating borders of another country and setting up a farce referendum). You are a hypocrite.